GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would LE interrogate him for 14 hours without making certain it would be admissable? I doubt that happened. They may have started the interview without doing so, because he was just another witness/employee at first. But at some point, since it lasted for so long, they realized he was much more than a witness. imoo

14 hours? Is that a total of several interviews?

Agree with vlpate, these twist ties are common for apartment maintenance to have.
Quick story..I had a short term lease on an apt. when I was waiting for my house. It was a quick turnover, the maintenance were actually doing my exit inspection and getting ready to clean the carpets for a new tenant the day I was moving out. The maintenance man saw me putting my kids' stuffed animals and bedding in boxes, and gave me some super duper industrial trash bags to use instead, with those similar type of ties (the ones he gave me were like the ones pictured above, but they were bright yellow.)
I know my story has nothing to do with the case, but this is how I came to learn that some apartment maintenance workers carry those ties. He had a little push cart (like a housekeep cart at a hotel with bigger wheels) with the bags, ties, and some cleaning products.

The ties just slide on easily but lock into the tightest position you pull them to, and need to be cut off to be removed (the slide is serrated and not reversible)

LE told Natisha Lance they found Jorelys' 'body' and after I saw all the trash bags LE would have had to search through to find her, if she had been in a garbage bag, they might never have found her. So I think Jorelys' body was stuffed in a box and sealed with duct tape and that's how the perp was able to dispose of her without drawing any attention to themselves. When the crane operator lifted the garbage out, Jorelys' body was visible to him.

I don't for one minute think there is any possibility they wouldn't have found her, no matter how many garbage bags were in that compactor. I also don't get the significance of whether or not her body was in a bag. :confused:

I don't for one minute think there is any possibility they wouldn't have found her, no matter how many garbage bags were in that compactor. I also don't get the significance of whether or not her body was in a bag. :confused:

It is relevant to the point that the manner of disposal is part of the MO, and of course trashbags matching someone's personal or professional stash of trashbags is always helpful..having trashbags on the scene could possibly point towards premeditation..what else was or was not in the trashbag with her (if she was in a trashbag) could contain evidence...there could be prints on the trashbag..
It is like if a body is found in a field, it is relevant if it was IN A CAR in a field or just in the field.

I have to agree with you Marazul, the trash bags are important, if they exist. Perhaps, and this is just speculation on my part, RB used 'leaf bags', since his position was to maintain the property. A leaf bag is different than your basic trash bag and if Jorelys was found in one, it would point right to those maintenance men. Perhaps he carried them on his cart. Lots to speculate with this case and no actual facts. While the GBI is like a terrier on a t-bone when they believe they have their man, they are very, very, tight lipped. Too me, it is detrimental at times, as no one outside can help them solve their cases (eg: Tara Grinsted).

Doubtful the "twist ties" he bound her with were for trash bags - as has been discussed, the ties were likely like this one:
plastic-strap-bundle-harness.jpg

Law enforcement sometimes use these. He could have gotten them working at the property - we have packages of them in the shop and they're used for all kinds of things around the apartment community. Same thing with duct tape. I don't think he put her in a box, but I agree I don't think he put her in a bag either. Maybe he wrapped her in a tarp (also common in a maintenance shop), threw her in the compactor and turned it on. The way they describe finding the body, I think she was clearly visible when they dumped the trash. Nothing about finding her in a bag has been said by LE.

I know LE missed the blood spot in the apartment, but I doubt they'd have missed a trail on the sidewalk, JMO.

That's exactly what you would find employees using in a poultry factory.

Poultry is cut into pieces and packed in a box lined with a piece of plastic or something.

If the blood was in one spot that tells me the perp worked at the poultry company and worked with their hands.

How many PP employees lived at the RR apartment complex?

Agree with vlpate, these twist ties are common for apartment maintenance to have.
Quick story..I had a short term lease on an apt. when I was waiting for my house. It was a quick turnover, the maintenance were actually doing my exit inspection and getting ready to clean the carpets for a new tenant the day I was moving out. The maintenance man saw me putting my kids' stuffed animals and bedding in boxes, and gave me some super duper industrial trash bags to use instead, with those similar type of ties (the ones he gave me were like the ones pictured above, but they were bright yellow.)
I know my story has nothing to do with the case, but this is how I came to learn that some apartment maintenance workers carry those ties. He had a little push cart (like a housekeep cart at a hotel with bigger wheels) with the bags, ties, and some cleaning products.

The ties just slide on easily but lock into the tightest position you pull them to, and need to be cut off to be removed (the slide is serrated and not reversible)

Yes, I cut these off before I roast a chicken.

It is easier to lift, carry and toss a box with a girl’s body in it into a dumpster then it is to carry and toss a trash bag into a dumpster with a 7 y.o. girl’s body in it.

LE reported Jorelys' body was surrounded by cardboard.

Do we know where LE interogated RB during the 14 hours?

No. LE said they kept Brunn under surveillance but if they had taken Brunn down to their headquarters to conduct an interview or if Brunn drove himself there, this event would have been reported in the media.

I don't think LE conducted any interviews with witnesses at police headquarters so they likely conducted all their interviews at the apartment complex.

None of the witnesses I saw interviewed said they went to the police station for questioning.

BBM

I have used those bags in several of my moves. They are called contractor bags and look like regular black Hefty bags, but bigger and tough as nails. I pack up pillows, comforters, etc. in them and seal them up with duct or strapping tape. And you can buy them at Walmart.

I'm sure apartment complexes buy them in bulk and a maintenance staff would have easy access to them, but they are easily purchased by us regular folks, too. Same with the cable ties. ETA And I don't work in a poultry plant.

That's exactly what you would find employees using in a poultry factory.

If the blood was in one spot that tells me the perp worked at the poultry company and worked with their hands.

How many PP employees lived at the RR apartment complex?

BBM

MOO, but that is quite a leap to say the perp must work at the chicken plant because of a cable tie and finding blood in one spot?

How is that a more likely scenario than a maintenance worker having access to those things? Or anyone else, for that matter? Are you saying the mother raped and murdered her daughter?

Doubtful the "twist ties" he bound her with were for trash bags - as has been discussed, the ties were likely like this one:
plastic-strap-bundle-harness.jpg

Law enforcement sometimes use these. He could have gotten them working at the property - we have packages of them in the shop and they're used for all kinds of things around the apartment community. Same thing with duct tape. I don't think he put her in a box, but I agree I don't think he put her in a bag either. Maybe he wrapped her in a tarp (also common in a maintenance shop), threw her in the compactor and turned it on. The way they describe finding the body, I think she was clearly visible when they dumped the trash. Nothing about finding her in a bag has been said by LE.

I know LE missed the blood spot in the apartment, but I doubt they'd have missed a trail on the sidewalk, JMO.

Part of the confusion is due to calling these things "twist ties" they don't twist at all and they are rarely if ever used on trash bags.

A cable tie, also known as a zip tie or tie-wrap (in canada "zap strap"), is a type of fastener, especially for binding several electronic cables or wires together and to organize cables and wires.

Home Depot sells a high quality large enough cable tie/zip tie/tie-wrap to be used as a restraint on an adult or certainly a 7 year old girl.

I think the cops call the ones they use "zip ties"

Praying that LE has all the evidence they need to convict the RIGHT person. This child deserves that .

I can pretty much guarentee the 'ties' were not twist ties but like the ones pictured.
Shows premeditation imo.

All I can tell you is go back and skim the threads, start at the beginning and you will learn a lot.

Shoot we had the guys facebook page up for about 4 hours, saws his brothers page and some people were monitoring his friends FB pages (the ones that didn't unfriend him after he was arrested)

Thats why they call this Web Sleuths.

I'm sorry if i upset you, still very new to this site and am just really learning how to figure it out, I thought once a thread was closed you couldn't go back to it.....I'm sorry :( but I did learn something new today

No. LE said they kept Brunn under surveillance but if they had taken Brunn down to their headquarters to conduct an interview or if Brunn drove himself there, this event would have been reported in the media.

I don't think LE conducted any interviews with witnesses at police headquarters so they likely conducted all their interviews at the apartment complex.

None of the witnesses I saw interviewed said they went to the police station for questioning.

So, I guess they sat around his kitchen table and asked him questions...for 14
hours. I'm sure they recorded it, or most of it, anyway.

BBM

MOO, but that is quite a leap to say the perp must work at the chicken plant because of a cable tie and finding blood in one spot?

How is that a more likely scenario than a maintenance worker having access to those things? Or anyone else, for that matter? Are you saying the mother raped and murdered her daughter
?

no kiddin and agree with the rest.
bbm

I'm sorry if i upset you, still very new to this site and am just really learning how to figure it out, I thought once a thread was closed you couldn't go back to it.....I'm sorry :( but I did learn something new today

You just cannot post on the closed threads, but you can thank the posts. I don't think any one is upset, at least I'm not; we're just helping the newbies along !

Lots of juicy stuff in #1 & #2

:wagon: officer'swife 2010

:seeya:

Im on page 7 too DianeElaine and cannot get past it. Im showing there's a page 12--how about you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back