GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Katie was targeted specifically, someone who set out that night to kill her, how did that killer know where to find her? Emma said Katie did not have a set route/routine in walking Bowie. I'd like to know if there is any photo evidence (rainbow crosswalk, etc) that shows she might have been followed. And why attack her at that spot? But if its a random attack, why does a killer target someone with a dog (especially a pitbull)? It is perplexing because things are contradictory.

Bowie's death is confusing me as well. Even lust murderers and serial killers assess their risks vs rewards. The only explanation is that the killer knew Bowie wouldn't be much of an obstacle. The only way the killer could make that determination is by making contact with Bowie. Maybe this is someone who passed them on the street several times and petted him. Maybe this person was following them for a while. Maybe the killer used something to incapacitate Bowie. After all, the results of his necropsy haven't been released. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs, it's mindboggling!

If Katie was targeted specifically, someone who set out that night to kill her, how did that killer know where to find her? Emma said Katie did not have a set route/routine in walking Bowie. I'd like to know if there is any photo evidence (rainbow crosswalk, etc) that shows she might have been followed. And why attack her at that spot? But if its a random attack, why does a killer target someone with a dog (especially a pitbull)? It is perplexing because things are contradictory.

I feel the same exact way. It's very contradictory. Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80lb pitbull on their side? When there are other people that do not have dogs. Woudlnt it be easier to take someone out who has no obstacles? I would say most people avoid pitbulls or large dogs in social situations unless they really like animals (obv. this person didnt) but he still took a risk to approach the dog. Not caring if he got bit or got his face mauled off. I mean....he must be really skilled and strong as hell, or he knew them both and got them while they werent expecting it.

The only way for this to make sense was if the person knew them both.

I'm still surprised that the autopsy report was released. It's absolutely full of what I believe is called "guilty knowledge," that is, things that only the killer could have known, and often used to prove that a suspect was involved. If LE doesn't already have a firm suspect in mind, making all those details public would risk compromising the investigation, would it not? The Delphi case, for example, has been referenced here several times, and is one of the most highly publicized cases I can think of where LE has refused to even confirm cause of death, much less release an autopsy report. The Missy Bevers murder is another that comes to mind where authorities have released very few details about the crime itself. I'm therefore hopeful that LE are just waiting out DNA results or etc. to be able to make an arrest, because I don't understand why they would have allowed the report to be released if they have no suspects.
100% what I was thinking. Its perplexing that this information got out. Doesnt LE normally keep all of that under wraps until they have someone? Especially in such a high profile, grusome case. I would think they would have kept the autopsy secret, until they found a perp who knew of her "secret" injuries. But no......they were released. So its one of two: They either know exactly who it is and they are building a case of steel, or they dont know and are hoping to gain public anger (by reading the report) and hoping someone turns in this monster.

I think you are right about a lot. The part that doesnt sit right with me is the jogger. Why would he exit 30 seconds after going inside? Super sketchy to me. Not saying he did it, but seems like he may have noticed something.

Something else bothers me--How could anyone see in the dark to cut her so precisely, and also carve letters that were recognizable? She would found in an area that was obviously a little dark, which could be why no one saw....but yet....the killer was able to not only see where he was stabbing but had the ability to really SEE what he was doing. I dont understand how..

[/QUOTE]I feel the same exact way. It's very contradictory. Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80lb pitbull on their side? When there are other people that do not have dogs. Woudlnt it be easier to take someone out who has no obstacles? I would say most people avoid pitbulls or large dogs in social situations unless they really like animals (obv. this person didnt) but he still took a risk to approach the dog. Not caring if he got bit or got his face mauled off. I mean....he must be really skilled and strong as hell, or he knew them both and got them while they werent expecting it.

The only way for this to make sense was if the person knew them both.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were hunting a woman and Katie was the only one that wasn’t walking with other people and she fit the ‘type’ they were looking for. Not a lot of single women walking around the park at night.

This will sound far fetched and unlikely but I keep returning to the thought that Katie and Bowie might have been abducted, initially assaulted or gotten into a vehicle shortly after we see then in the rainbow crosswalk. Some of the possible witness photos were from that side of the park. Maybe le wanted to know if anyone saw them get into a car or an accident where a vehicle bumped them or hit Bowie.
After the Autopsy release it is even harder for me to see them being killed where they were found. If they were killed somewhere else or in a vehicle Several of my questions would be answered but I can not think of a way their bodies were carried to where they were found.
No matter the time or location of the assault the timeline is crazy to me. It took some time for the killer to do what is revealed in the Autopsy.

This will sound far fetched and unlikely but I keep returning to the thought that Katie and Bowie might have been abducted, initially assaulted or gotten into a vehicle shortly after we see then in the rainbow crosswalk. Some of the possible witness photos were from that side of the park. Maybe le wanted to know if anyone saw them get into a car or an accident where a vehicle bumped them or hit Bowie.
After the Autopsy release it is even harder for me to see them being killed where they were found. If they were killed somewhere else or in a vehicle Several of my questions would be answered but I can not think of a way their bodies were carried to where they were found.
No matter the time or location of the assault the timeline is crazy to me. It took some time for the killer to do what is revealed in the Autopsy.
It is confusing about the timeline. I will say that compared to other stabbing and slashing crimes in MSM (Jodi Arias took 2 min, 5 min for OJ to annihilate Nicole and Ron) it doesnt take long at all to do this to a human. I wish ME report had stated amount of time of injuries inflicted and weapon used. To linger is another thing entirely but i bet this was a swift attack over in short period.

100% what I was thinking. Its perplexing that this information got out. Doesnt LE normally keep all of that under wraps until they have someone? Especially in such a high profile, grusome case. I would think they would have kept the autopsy secret, until they found a perp who knew of her "secret" injuries. But no......they were released. So its one of two: They either know exactly who it is and they are building a case of steel, or they dont know and are hoping to gain public anger (by reading the report) and hoping someone turns in this monster.
It is a matter of public record. It looks as though ME completed and released report. The timing is about right 3-4 months for report to be completed and avail under any circumstances. The timing of interview of partner and release of report are interesting to me.

It is confusing about the timeline. I will say that compared to other stabbing and slashing crimes in MSM (Jodi Arias took 2 min, 5 min for OJ to annihilate Nicole and Ron) it doesnt take long at all to do this to a human. I wish ME report had stated amount of time of injuries inflicted and weapon used. To linger is another thing entirely but i bet this was a swift attack over in short period.
If this could have been done in 5 mins or less it is easier for me to believe the known timeline and that they were killed where found. I know nothing about how much time it takes to commit a crime like this so I was guessing 30-40 mins. I probably overestimated the time.
I can not articulate it well but something about the injuries described in the autopsy made me think that some of her wounds were purposely placed, thought out and took extra time(the cuts on her eyes and letters).

What is most confounding to me is how LE wouldn't have enough evidence to arrest somebody -- how is it possible that somebody is so brutally killed and mutilated in a public area in a short amount of time without there being enough circumstantial evidence to make an arrest. That there is not, to me, says that the killer had some really good help getting away from the scene and maybe getting to the scene. I'm in the camp that the killer knew Katie and Bowie and attacked them with calculated vengeance and speed. And if the killer(s) and/or accomplice(s) knew her, then LE probably has a good idea who it is. Yet, even in having a good idea who it is and all the evidence created by such a crime (including its location -- cameras (I think there's more footage that hasn't been released), public park, blood evidence, characteristics of cutting/stabbing implement, etc.), LE still doesn't have enough to feel like they have enough of a slam-dunk case to make an arrest. I think the release of the autopsy was to rattle the cage of either the killer or the accomplices who need to reminded of what they did.

About the jogger...

PP is a known sex-hook-up-scene at night.
It's possible he thought what he was seeing was a sex act and not a grisly murder.

Another possibility: he saw something, was spooked himself but didn't know exactly what he saw so brushed it off.

Or maybe he saw bloodied-Bowie and was freaked-out by that alone, didn't look past that and quickly jetted out of there.

All possibilities, Quell. Or maybe he just went inside the park to pee and wasn’t really paying attention to his surroundings, didn’t see anything and didn’t hear anything. Pee’d and turned around and left to continue his run.

It is a matter of public record. It looks as though ME completed and released report. The timing is about right 3-4 months for report to be completed and avail under any circumstances. The timing of interview of partner and release of report are interesting to me.

How so? Do you think the partner deliberately sat for an interview to deflect from something, and do you have a link to that interview?

How so? Do you think the partner deliberately sat for an interview to deflect from something, and do you have a link to that interview?
If this could have been done in 5 mins or less it is easier for me to believe the known timeline and that they were killed where found. I know nothing about how much time it takes to commit a crime like this so I was guessing 30-40 mins. I probably overestimated the time.
I can not articulate it well but something about the injuries described in the autopsy made me think that some of her wounds were purposely placed, thought out and took extra time(the cuts on her eyes and letters).

Yes, having those comparisons (Jodi Arias/Travis Alexander and of course the Simpson murders) really does help us to understand how quickly the murder could have happened. And I agree with you, KJill, that her injuries are VERY personal, from the cuts on her eyes and the letters to the wounds around her tattoo. That tattoo thing says to me that this was not an attack from a stranger.

I dont think its linked to one another. I think EC wants her name cleared because she is being tortured by the arm-chair detectives. People are calling her and sending her messages and voicemails. She is probably done with it all, done with being blamed. I think it was just coincidental. But you can never be too sure...LE does sneaky things.

I feel the same exact way. It's very contradictory. Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80lb pitbull on their side? When there are other people that do not have dogs. Woudlnt it be easier to take someone out who has no obstacles? I would say most people avoid pitbulls or large dogs in social situations unless they really like animals (obv. this person didnt) but he still took a risk to approach the dog. Not caring if he got bit or got his face mauled off. I mean....he must be really skilled and strong as hell, or he knew them both and got them while they werent expecting it.

The only way for this to make sense was if the person knew them both.

When you wrote "Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80 pound pit bull on their side?" This made me wonder: maybe the dog wasn't by her side when she was attacked. Is there any chance that she briefly let Bowie off leash inside the park? I know some people do this, even in areas where it doesn't seem prudent for dogs to be off leash. Maybe when she was initially targeted - which if this was a random targeting, could have happened with extreme speed as a blitz attack - the killer didn't initially register that she had a dog with her? If the dog came running up a few seconds later to engage with him, he might have killed the dog and then returned to her to inflict more damage. Just a thought - without knowing her usual routines with the dog, it's hard to know if this is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ