GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you wrote "Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80 pound pit bull on their side?" This made me wonder: maybe the dog wasn't by her side when she was attacked. Is there any chance that she briefly let Bowie off leash inside the park? I know some people do this, even in areas where it doesn't seem prudent for dogs to be off leash. Maybe when she was initially targeted - which if this was a random targeting, could have happened with extreme speed as a blitz attack - the killer didn't initially register that she had a dog with her? If the dog came running up a few seconds later to engage with him, he might have killed the dog and then returned to her to inflict more damage. Just a thought - without knowing her usual routines with the dog, it's hard to know if this is a possibility.
I never thought about that. That's actually a really good question. It's very possible because I let my dog off the leash in big open spaces when no one is around.

I never thought about that. That's actually a really good question. It's very possible because I let my dog off the leash in big open spaces when no one is around.

Another possibility is that Bowie was still leashed but was 'marking' underneath a tree or bush and out of the attacker's sight. Honestly though, I think a serial killer would have stalked/followed their target for a bit (even if only for a few minutes) before attacking. Whoever killed her probably saw the dog well in advance.

I feel the same exact way. It's very contradictory. Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80lb pitbull on their side? When there are other people that do not have dogs. Woudlnt it be easier to take someone out who has no obstacles? I would say most people avoid pitbulls or large dogs in social situations unless they really like animals (obv. this person didnt) but he still took a risk to approach the dog. Not caring if he got bit or got his face mauled off. I mean....he must be really skilled and strong as hell, or he knew them both and got them while they werent expecting it.

The only way for this to make sense was if the person knew them both.

80 pounds?!

I’ve only seen pictures of an American Staffordshire Terrier type that was medium in size and weight.

The dog I saw in pictures was not a daunting Pit Bull but rather slighter and taller.

I know the widely held thought that having a dog is a deterrent but with an unknown deviant set on carrying out a bizarre attack the dog could simply be set on right off.

Certainly the theory of known to them goes to an amicable initial encounter with both KJ and Bowie that turned awful as they are caught off guard.

The DNA on Bowie suggests he did get in a bit of an attack.

Just in my opinion

I'm sticking with my original speculation that the killer jerked Bowie's leash from KJ & just started jogging away with him...maybe in a jokingly kind of way. The natural reaction would be, 'Hey, give me my dog back' & go chasing after. The killer then has full control over the situation possibly leading KJ further into the park thinking some drunk was playing a joke or trying to steal Bowie. At the spot, the killer wraps Bowie's leash to a tree limb & walks away. As KJ unties Bowie she is attacked.
JMOO.

Ryan Rogers murder: Semmie Lee Williams arrested by Palm Beach Gardens police

This probably doesn’t have any relation to Katie’s case but it’s a possibility. A young boy, Ryan Rodgers was found murdered after going for a bike ride a couple weeks ago. Last night they arrested a homeless drifter. This man, Semmie Lee Williams, has a criminal past from Atlanta, GA. They have said that it was a random chance encounter. Up until today, Ryan’s cause of death had not been released. During the press conference it was revealed that he had been stabbed. I’m wondering if this should be “tipped” to the investigators in Katie’s case.

This probably doesn’t have any relation to Katie’s case but it’s a possibility. A young boy, Ryan Rodgers was found murdered after going for a bike ride a couple weeks ago. Last night they arrested a homeless drifter. This man, Semmie Lee Williams, has a criminal past from Atlanta, GA. They have said that it was a random chance encounter. Up until today, Ryan’s cause of death had not been released. During the press conference it was revealed that he had been stabbed. I’m wondering if this should be “tipped” to the investigators in Katie’s case.
WOW. The victim lived in a community called Alton. Suspect travelled 100 miles to kill the victim? Is that correct?

When you wrote "Why on earth would any random killer find a person that has an 80 pound pit bull on their side?" This made me wonder: maybe the dog wasn't by her side when she was attacked. Is there any chance that she briefly let Bowie off leash inside the park? I know some people do this, even in areas where it doesn't seem prudent for dogs to be off leash. Maybe when she was initially targeted - which if this was a random targeting, could have happened with extreme speed as a blitz attack - the killer didn't initially register that she had a dog with her? If the dog came running up a few seconds later to engage with him, he might have killed the dog and then returned to her to inflict more damage. Just a thought - without knowing her usual routines with the dog, it's hard to know if this is a possibility.
I also had not thought of that. Something to think about.

The killer chose a public location with a high risk of exposure to commit a horrifying murder. Maybe this was to make some sort of statement? Or to scare the public. So he may have chosen a victim with a pit bull because of the extra challenge and kind of a way to say ‘look what I am capable of’.

WOW. The victim lived in a community called Alton. Suspect travelled 100 miles to kill the victim? Is that correct?
More like 80 miles with multiple options of mass transit available to him.
The killer chose a public location with a high risk of exposure to commit a horrifying murder. Maybe this was to make some sort of statement? Or to scare the public. So he may have chosen a victim with a pit bull because of the extra challenge and kind of a way to say ‘look what I am capable of’.
After reviewing the facts, he wasn't exactly acting at a high risk of public exposure. He was on a very dark road leading to a freeway overpass around 7:30 pm at night. The suspect appears to be a psychotic individual that could have been easily been spooked by just the wheels of the victim's bicycle. A real tragedy and random act. Seems he also returned to Miami the same evening without detection. MOO

His YT channel:

Semmie one seven

ETA: Sorry, I think OP was referring to KJ's location and not where Florida teen Ryan was murdered.

He was in NY on 7/27, then on 8/4 he was in Cairo, GA. I don’t know how long it takes on a bus from NY to Atlanta?

Another possibility is that Bowie was still leashed but was 'marking' underneath a tree or bush and out of the attacker's sight. Honestly though, I think a serial killer would have stalked/followed their target for a bit (even if only for a few minutes) before attacking. Whoever killed her probably saw the dog well in advance.

Or, if Bowie was off-leash for a few minutes in the park, it’s possible he could’ve encountered the perpetrator while sniffing around the area, and perhaps that person reacted angrily/violently to the sudden appearance of a pit bull, yelling or threatening the dog (or actually starting to attack him) which would’ve prompted Katie to hurry over to the altercation in an attempt to intervene. If the perp was already attacking Bowie, I doubt Katie would’ve even hesitated before trying to stop the attack and save her dog—which might’ve just further enraged the perpetrator, resulting in the obscene number of injuries that person inflicted on Katie.

It seems logical that a killer would stalk their victim for a bit, analyze the risk BUT these things aren't always logical. Look at the Ryan Rogers case...perp suffering from mental illness, attacks in a literal heartbeat just as the victim happened to ride by. And it's not very clear that the individual had the capacity to think about risk, etc.

Just using this as an example of one type of individual who commits these crimes, NOT suggesting it is in fact the same offender.

He was in NY on 7/27, then on 8/4 he was in Cairo, GA. I don’t know how long it takes on a bus from NY to Atlanta?
Cairo, NY... Not Cairo, GA. The police vehicle matches NY markings. Town of Cairo New York Police Department | Town of Cairo

I don't know if the youtube video dates are actually when he recorded the video or just when he uploaded the video. Either way... The videos suggest he has an obsession with face mutilation, public parks, white females and dogs (black and brown specifically). It's very chilling.

Already linked #734
Idk how to link a specific video, but from Semmie one seven, in the 11/19/21 video titled “coward police racist police making pyramid harassing me discrimination illegal following harassment” at the 1:54 mark, is that an offset cane he is holding?

just speculating

I think it's a knife! Could have been the one used November 15.
upload_2021-12-3_0-6-56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member