GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Police seek clues after woman and dog killed in Atlanta park
''ATLANTA -- Investigators sought video from homes and businesses near a popular Atlanta park as divers searched a pond in their quest to solve the stabbing death of a parkgoer who was walking her dog.

Katherine Janness, 40, was found dead in Piedmont Park around 1 a.m. Wednesday. Police say her dog was also killed. No arrests have been made.''

''Janness was found stabbed multiple times and Atlanta police Deputy Chief Charles Hampton described the scene as “gruesome.”

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE

There have been numerous posts in this thread that have been posted as RUMORS which is a serious violation of Websleuths TOS.

There have also been posts that stated info as fact without an MSM link which is also a violation of TOS. If info is posted as fact without the substantiating MSM link, it is also considered RUMOR.

Members should not reply to posts that involve RUMORS because it causes the rumors to be perpetuated. Please do not do that.

Repeatedly ignoring the TOS will result in many removed posts and risk members losing posting privileges. The victims and families of the crimes we discuss here deserve our respect. Please conduct the discussion with that in mind by posting in accordance with the TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly while following the Websleuths’ rules.

Re post.
Full Autopsy report @Link GRAPHIC
Jan 4 2022
'We are getting close': Atlanta police say Piedmont Park murder investigation still 'very active' (fox5atlanta.com)
''Hampton Jr. said they are receiving leads on a weekly basis and meeting regularly with the FBI.

"We are getting close in, my opinion," Hampton Jr. said.

Homicide Commander Ralph Woolfolk said investigators are still assessing biological, physical and electronic evidence.

"We do believe this investigation is moving in the right direction," Woolfolk said.

Police ask the public to continue to report leads to Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS.''

Just speculating about the jogger witness running in the PP 10th & CA entrance, then right back out all in less than 45 seconds. He came down 10th & left into ent then back out & left continuing down 10th.
Could he have gone in the public RR & seen the killer inside cleaning up/changing clothes? Just speculation.

Piedmont Park stabbing | Katie Janness wife speaks about scene | 11alive.com

Edited to add link

Last edited:
Someone in Thread 3 (Jade) asked about KJ's employment. She worked at The Whole World Improv Theatre on Spring St. as a bar mgr for 8 yrs. According to their website,closed on Sun. & Mon., during the day on Tues. & Wed. & later hrs Thur. Fri. & Sat. She worked part-time at Campagnola Restaurant (Piedmont near 10th) as a bartender. EC stated in interview she met KJ when KJ worked at G's (10th St. near Piedmont) w/EC's brother.

Katie Janness friends mourn loss of Piedmont Park stabbing victim | 11alive.com

Last edited:
I don’t recall seeing any info about the state of EC’s clothes after she found KJ. Since she said she was checking for a pulse etc., it’s reasonable to assume there was blood on them, maybe quite a bit.
I don't recall hearing anything either about if EC has blood on her or not. I don't remember much about her interview, did she check for a pulse?

I don't recall hearing anything either about if EC has blood on her or not. I don't remember much about her interview, did she check for a pulse?
She stated she checked for pulse, had picked up Bowie in another interview ;which leads me to believe she had blood on her clothing.. EC states she placed her hands on KJ face and checked for a pulse (on a neck that was cut) Loved one of Piedmont stabbing vicitm speaks out

He was maybe 50 feet from the gate on the inside. I just ran and I grabbed him because I didn’t know, maybe he was still alive. Obviously, I knew something was wrong because he was just laying there. I didn’t put two and two together because I didn’t notice her right away.”

Roughly a 100 feet away was Katie. Emma felt for a pulse but couldn’t find one. She ran out of the park and called the police. When the Atlanta Police Department arrived on scene they searched the park. They went door to door in the neighborhood and to businesses to ask for surveillance video.
Unsolved Recent Cases - The Murder Squad

One of the examples he uses to illustrate his theory is that the perp took the time (was passionate enough) to carve ‘the word FAT’ on her body ‘after she was dead’.

Previously I was under the impression that the letters had been carved before she died, and in fact contributed to her death. I’ve just re-read the autopsy report and it’s not explicit (not to a layman anyway). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

One of the examples he uses to illustrate his theory is that the perp took the time (was passionate enough) to carve ‘the word FAT’ on her body ‘after she was dead’.

Previously I was under the impression that the letters had been carved before she died, and in fact contributed to her death. I’ve just re-read the autopsy report and it’s not explicit (not to a layman anyway). Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am with you... I kinda assumed she was dead or dying when the words were carved, but I didn't get that from the autopsy. IMO I'm not sure how a former prosecutor would know that either. And couldn't Bowie have been killed with a stab wound while jumping up to attack a stranger? Just raising the question. I'm still struggling with the theory that she knew her attacker.

It just seems sort of odd the way the APD talks about this case. They think they are getting close, etc. To me it sounds like they know who did it, but are just gathering some more evidence. But they don't seem concerned about letting the killer know they are close. Could that mean that the killer is already in custody perhaps on another charge and they know he/she isn't going anywhere? Or that the police know the killer is already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member