GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity.

The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

(Sorry, not the best sources)
Would appearance be considered a hate crime? IMO the perp carved the word into her torso (out of respect for Katherine I don't like using the word) as an insult to her appearance. So I can't help but see this as hate for people who appear to be that way even though the rest of us may not see it, because I certainly did not.

From that same news report that speaks of the familiarity...

"A top Atlanta Police Department commander said recently investigators are getting close to solving the gruesome crime from last July. Charles Hampton Jr., a deputy chief, did not provide details."

The report is dated January 10, 2022. It's been 10 months since then. 'Sure doesn't sound as if they were getting close.

Yah, I wish they wouldn't make a statement like that because it gets the public's hopes up. IDK if they don't have DNA of the perp then CCTV would be my other assumption. Maybe they saw the perp leave and enter the park and followed this perp on cameras along th way. I hope so anyway. I mean it maybe possible if they followed everyone from the park that left that night or entered before the murder.

From that same news report that speaks of the familiarity...

"A top Atlanta Police Department commander said recently investigators are getting close to solving the gruesome crime from last July. Charles Hampton Jr., a deputy chief, did not provide details."

The report is dated January 10, 2022. It's been 10 months since then. 'Sure doesn't sound as if they were getting close.

IDK but to make a statement like that makes me think it has to substantial. Perhaps LE is waiting for the right time to make an arrest or ask the public for help. Obviously IMO it would have to be very discreet in the way they ask the public for help in the future. Or maybe its a tactic to get the public to provide tips?

Here is what puzzles me. In response to the theories that her throat was slit first to prevent her from screaming. The reason I’m going to disagree is because both major (only) blood supplies in her throat were severed. She would have bled out too quickly and died within what, seconds to a couple minutes at most? She didn’t though.

She was alive for most, if not, nearly all of the attack. I think her throat was done last. Or she had a superficial throat cut at first, then they went back later to cut deeper. Sounds gross, and I’m sorry, but if they did that damage right off the bat, she wouldn’t have been able to hemorrhage out from the other wounds, which she did. Because she stayed alive for so long, and that wouldn’t have been possible with a severed carotid artery.
That is certainly possible!

Yah, I wish they wouldn't make a statement like that because it gets the public's hopes up. IDK if they don't have DNA of the perp then CCTV would be my other assumption. Maybe they saw the perp leave and enter the park and followed this perp on cameras along th way. I hope so anyway. I mean it maybe possible if they followed everyone from the park that left that night or entered before the murder.
It may be a psychological tactic. Sometimes police bluff. They may be hoping to panic the perp into making a mistake.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice