GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think EC was the killer. She was smaller than KJ and whoever did this had extraordinary upper body strength and stamina, probably a man. Even if EC hired someone to commit the murder, wouldn't it be easier to just sit back and wait for someone else to find her? Maybe even bombard KJ's phone with worried calls/texts until the police contact her with the bad news?
I agree. Plus, if she was going to kill KJ, why do it when it would also require killing Bowie, her own dog?

I still don't think EC was the killer. She was smaller than KJ and whoever did this had extraordinary upper body strength and stamina, probably a man. Even if EC hired someone to commit the murder, wouldn't it be easier to just sit back and wait for someone else to find her? Maybe even bombard KJ's phone with worried calls/texts until the police contact her with the bad news?
I will be honest, I had serious thoughts EC might be the killer. I sort of went back and forth with it. But I don't really think so now. And that is not based on a "I don't think she is capable of this.... etc." I don't know EC or KJ so I don't know anything about them. But I look at evidence. I just think that the time frame doesn't line up for her to be able to do it.

The most recent news story is odd. He’s a former prosecutor and I did not get the impression that he has talked to anyone from apd about the case. APD hasn’t released anything about Bowies behavior or if he tried to protect KJ or not. I think the article title is misleading because it makes the viewer think this former prosecutor is speaking about evidence that he is privy to. He’s just speculating like the rest of us. Hopefully apd resolves the case sooner than later.

Yes. WHAT SHE SAID!
IMO It feels like another "expert" telling us things we already know about what this "type" of crime usually says about the attacker. We've all discussed these same theories in this thread. I want some real information from investigators!

Yes. WHAT SHE SAID!
IMO It feels like another "expert" telling us things we already know about what this "type" of crime usually says about the attacker. We've all discussed these same theories in this thread. I want some real information from investigators!

According to Fox 5 Atlanta, write up on this story: Piedmont Park murder: 'A familiarity' between victim and killer, investigators say Morse Diggs says "Law enforcement sources and a former prosecutor"

I do see both of your points, however and concur. Feels like HEAT to me with the timing of everything. Ticking time bomb. This story will blow soon. How's the killer acting right now? I want to know that answer.

From all I've heard/read KJ and EC had been together as a couple for many years. Has there been any indication that either of them had affairs on the side? It often happens even in the best of marriages.

ETA: IMO there could be other relationships... not down to a choice between random or EC.

Last edited:
Thank you! I am new to this thread and so not up to date.
For any one new to this thread I recommend listening to the podcast Body Bags by Joseph Scott Morgan. He talks about the autopsy that was released. It gives you an idea of the kind of killer this was, the strength required and the grotesque depravity of this murder.

I have never suspected Katie’s partner of having any part in her murder. Do not know why APD has not cleared her. Maybe it is policy to not clear anyone before an arrest is made?

I think she was stalked for days or weeks by someone she came across at work or on her walks around the neighborhood. But that is just a guess.

Given the timeline from the crosswalk photo to when their bodies were discovered and what we now know about her injuries HOW is it possible this killer has not been identified. There would have been so much blood!! And, if the killer made most of the wounds in a hurry, in low light how did he not cut himself????

This case is an emotional trigger for me, too close to home. And, Bowie…that is like pouring gasoline on my triggers.

I have never suspected Katie’s partner of having any part in her murder. Do not know why APD has not cleared her. Maybe it is policy to not clear anyone before an arrest is made?

I think she was stalked for days or weeks by someone she came across at work or on her walks around the neighborhood. But that is just a guess.

Given the timeline from the crosswalk photo to when their bodies were discovered and what we now know about her injuries HOW is it possible this killer has not been identified. There would have been so much blood!! And, if the killer made most of the wounds in a hurry, in low light how did he not cut himself????

This case is an emotional trigger for me, too close to home. And, Bowie…that is like pouring gasoline on my triggers.

Right there with you. Hugs.

Just going off of the last news story on Fox 5 (which I think everyone saw). …..

what are your opinions on some of the following:

1. what makes them so sure the killer won’t flee? Do you think it could be someone with deep ties to the community? Like someone who has joined many groups, volunteers, maybe owns a local business?

2. Do you think they keep publicizing the fact that they are close because they already know who the suspect is and are just trying to make them sweat?

3. Why do they keep putting news out there that seems to be hinting that they are close to an arrest, when the case is still an open murder investigation? Do you think the killer is incapacitated somehow, like dead or in jail? Or do you think APD is just watching their every move, parked outside often and knows they can’t flee?

Just going off of the last news story on Fox 5 (which I think everyone saw). …..

what are your opinions on some of the following:

1. what makes them so sure the killer won’t flee? Do you think it could be someone with deep ties to the community? Like someone who has joined many groups, volunteers, maybe owns a local business?

2. Do you think they keep publicizing the fact that they are close because they already know who the suspect is and are just trying to make them sweat?

3. Why do they keep putting news out there that seems to be hinting that they are close to an arrest, when the case is still an open murder investigation? Do you think the killer is incapacitated somehow, like dead or in jail? Or do you think APD is just watching their every move, parked outside often and knows they can’t flee?

I don't think I can answer these without violating TOS. JMO.

And, if the killer made most of the wounds in a hurry, in low light how did he not cut himself????

Just my own amateur reading of the autopsy, it seems possible Katie was immediately incapacitated by having her throat cut from behind. It's possible there wasn't much resistance, especially as she seems to have been wearing earbuds.

I’m still very new to WS. So I am not super familiar with the tos. However, if I’m taking the clues correctly, if you answer your opinion you would be making an accusation that you cannot make on WS? I think I understand now lol
In addition to explicitly saying "In my opinion", you should not name people. Just use their initials.

Just my own amateur reading of the autopsy, it seems possible Katie was immediately incapacitated by having her throat cut from behind. It's possible there wasn't much resistance, especially as she seems to have been wearing earbuds.
That is possible. I have speculated that a killer would likely attack Bowie first, but who knows. The 100 feet distance between Bowie and Katie is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6