GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think. Also thinking of different ways the tree limb could have been used. The mind can go crazy places if we let it. But we need facts. I am thinking how you can string up a leash over a tree limb but have not wanted to say anything like that. But since we are back to re-hashing the jogger again, among other things, why not.

The dog was stabbed, not hung. I believe the reports have said that all along.

This is what I think. Also thinking of different ways the tree limb could have been used. The mind can go crazy places if we let it. But we need facts. I am thinking how you can string up a leash over a tree limb but have not wanted to say anything like that. But since we are back to re-hashing the jogger again, among other things, why not.

The dog was stabbed, not hung. I believe the reports have said that all along.

Do we know when Emma first noticed she wasn't getting texts etc back from Katie? I can't remember if she gave a time frame. It seems to me that as soon as she wasn't responding the texts, the attack had occurred. I am just trying to pin down a time for the attack. I'm willing to bet that based upon phone records, and surveillance and witnesses, the police probably have it down pretty good but aren't releasing that just yet.

If Bowie hadn't been with her, I could certainly see a possibility of someone approaching her prior to the park. But it's difficult to envision that the good boi would "let" someone tell them or force them to go somewhere, he'd be in fight or flee in that circumstance. You can almost imagine someone hiding just past the entrance and coming up from behind, this might explain why Katie moved further up from the entrance during a time that Boi was the complete focus of the murderer closer to where they entered. I guess I'm trying to say, if you're attacked from behind, wouldn't the instinct be to run forward. Thanks, sorry for the long post

If Bowie hadn't been with her, I could certainly see a possibility of someone approaching her prior to the park. But it's difficult to envision that the good boi would "let" someone tell them or force them to go somewhere, he'd be in fight or flee in that circumstance. You can almost imagine someone hiding just past the entrance and coming up from behind, this might explain why Katie moved further up from the entrance during a time that Boi was the complete focus of the murderer closer to where they entered. I guess I'm trying to say, if you're attacked from behind, wouldn't the instinct be to run forward. Thanks, sorry for the long post

Not if he disabled her in some way. Stabbing, hitting, etc.

It certainly is possible I suppose. But why would he take them all the way to where they were found? But it is good to always consider all possibilities.
I realize it is unlikely that is what occurred but just speculating.
I thought maybe it was because it was the opposite direction of where she was abducted. But then how would someone abduct A woman and a dog and a busy urban setting.
Isn’t there some thing about crime scenes and three locations, spatial awareness. I’m not explaining it very well. I know someone who will know what I’m talking about I will edit my post when I find out what it is called.

That's certainly true, anything's a possibility unfortunately, if someone makes you their target. I guess having had dozens of doggos that I've loved, from a chihuahua to schnauzers, great danes, german shepherds and dobermans, there is absolutely no doubt that they would've died protecting me and, once a dog senses its human is scared, all bets are off the table. True fact, I would've reciprocated for them as well.

That's certainly true, anything's a possibility unfortunately, if someone makes you their target. I guess having had dozens of doggos that I've loved, from a chihuahua to schnauzers, great danes, german shepherds and dobermans, there is absolutely no doubt that they would've died protecting me and, once a dog senses its human is scared, all bets are off the table. True fact, I would've reciprocated for them as well.
I think we all agree Bowie would have defended Katie. And it appears he may have at least tried from what the police have indicated. But the fact is, someone(s) did attack Katie in the park with her pitbull and killed them both. How? We can only speculate. But one thing I thought about. My dog is fairly small, but he is a barker. He will bark at people he doesn't know, at people (even friends) that come to the door. But when we take him for a walk, he puts his nose down for all those new smells, and he is oblivious to everything else around him. I don't know anything about Bowie. But its possible the killer could have approached them without Bowie sensing any danger. We know a knife was involved at some point. But if you add in a taser and/or club, if the killer gets close without arousing suspicious and acts quickly, he could almost instantly incapacitate both.

I think we all agree Bowie would have defended Katie. And it appears he may have at least tried from what the police have indicated. But the fact is, someone(s) did attack Katie in the park with her pitbull and killed them both. How? We can only speculate. But one thing I thought about. My dog is fairly small, but he is a barker. He will bark at people he doesn't know, at people (even friends) that come to the door. But when we take him for a walk, he puts his nose down for all those new smells, and he is oblivious to everything else around him. I don't know anything about Bowie. But its possible the killer could have approached them without Bowie sensing any danger. We know a knife was involved at some point. But if you add in a taser and/or club, if the killer gets close without arousing suspicious and acts quickly, he could almost instantly incapacitate both.
A club...or a tree branch broken off a downed limb?

I realize it is unlikely that is what occurred but just speculating.
I thought maybe it was because it was the opposite direction of where she was abducted. But then how would someone abduct A woman and a dog and a busy urban setting.
Isn’t there some thing about crime scenes and three locations, spatial awareness. I’m not explaining it very well. I know someone who will know what I’m talking about I will edit my post when I find out what it is called.
Geographic profiling? rbbm.
Geographic Profiling
''The Brentingham model suggests that we all have an 'activity space' related to the areas in which we live, work and play and that this activity space produces a discernible pattern of movement around the city.

In relation to criminal activity, therefore, it follows that an offender has to know about a particular geographical area before he or she begins selecting crimes to commit; and where the offenders movement patterns intersect within this geographical area, will to a large extent determine where the crime takes place.''

The Use of Geographic Profiling in Crime Analysis - Crime Mapping & Analysis News
''Geographic profiling is the process of determining the most probable area of an offender’s base of activities through an analysis of his or her crime locations (Rossmo, 2000). It is used most often in investigations of serial crimes. This technology assists law enforcement by focusing limited resources, resulting in the apprehension of the offender faster with less time spent and resources expended, and fewer victims. In large investigations, these savings can be significant (Velarde, 2004).

Research has shown that the most important influence on where criminals offend is where they go during their non-criminal activities (Bennett & Wright, 1984). This can be represented through a mathematical model. Geographic profiling focuses the search for suspects using a combination of environmental criminology theory, research on offender spatial behavior, and mathematics, which has been incorporated into geographic profiling software called Rigel by Environmental Criminology Research Inc. (http://ecricanada.com/products/rigel-workstation/). Rigel uses an algorithm called criminal geographic targeting (CGT) to create a geo-profile, a two-dimensional probability surface that overlays on a street map and shows the most probable areas for the offender’s base (Rossmo, 2013). The geo-profile map normally uses color to represent probability. While this may initially look similar to a hot-spot map of the crimes, it is actually showing different information: where the offender is likely based rather than where they commit their crimes.''

It is possible Katie first encountered her killer elsewhere besides the park. Someone may have seen her out walking and followed her or perhaps she even had an encounter with the person and that made them want to follow her until she was in a more secluded area where they could attack her. If this happened, I have to imagine they were pictured on the same camera she was or at the very least on the entrance cam to the park (though I suppose they could have entered another way).

I guess it's possible LE has seen a person on one of the cameras that they believe to be suspicious and just haven't released that to the media. At some point, you think if they can't locate them, they'd want the public's help in IDing them though. MOO

It is possible Katie first encountered her killer elsewhere besides the park. Someone may have seen her out walking and followed her or perhaps she even had an encounter with the person and that made them want to follow her until she was in a more secluded area where they could attack her. If this happened, I have to imagine they were pictured on the same camera she was or at the very least on the entrance cam to the park (though I suppose they could have entered another way).

I guess it's possible LE has seen a person on one of the cameras that they believe to be suspicious and just haven't released that to the media. At some point, you think if they can't locate them, they'd want the public's help in IDing them though. MOO
I don't think Katie was captured on camera again after the crosswalk. So she must not have entered the park from the Charles Allen Gate. But my understanding is that the park can be entered lots of other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody