GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on the FBI's website and thought it was interesting. These are the statistics given how Katie was found which they consider "as is"

** edit here is the full document from the FBI's website for those of you interested. I know this one happens to say serial which we aren't sure of yet. But it also says they use this to investigate any violent crime... which this most certainly was.

How the BAU (which is who is here in Atlanta working on this case) investigates violent crimes.

Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations — FBI
Can someone explain "victims" point 2? How can victims be 6x more likely to be 45+ AND over half be between between 14-29?

Last edited:
I noticed this is specific to perps who do not move the body. Has it been confirmed that the actual murder took place where the bodies were found? I’m increasingly wondering if it’s possible they were killed elsewhere (inside the park) and then left at the CA entrance. I have absolutely no idea how that could be accomplished, but somehow it seems a little more plausible than everything taking place right there, so close to 10th, out in the open. Just a thought

I had thought of that, too, but then I have to think they would’ve had to call off the Dogwood Festival…

I know you didn't literally mean "everyone", but not only isn't everyone terrified but park traffic has actually gone up since the incident (festivals the last two weekends). There are likely less people walking alone at night, which was a small number to begin with, but even outside of the festivals people are still using the park throughout the day.
I think people in Atlanta are very weary of crime in general. Carjackings, the downtown connector murders, random drive-buys, and the recent kidnapping murder are as disconcerting as the Katie Janness murder. Hopefully DNA or luck will solve the case, otherwise its not looking promising from what we've heard.

@SleepyLabRat Thanks for explanation, but that still doesn't make sense to me given the context.

Last edited:
Anyone good at Map making and willing to make a shareable map with locations of where Katie worked, Henry‘s restaurant and the crosswalk and where their bodies were found?
I tried and it’s a mess and I can’t figure out how to make it shareable anyway.
If anyone is willing to do it I’d be happy to send you the relevant addresses.

Anyone good at Map making and willing to make a shareable map with locations of where Katie worked, Henry‘s restaurant and the crosswalk and where their bodies were found?

Here's a rough map. Not sure the exact location where Katie was found, so that is approximate. Let me know if you need it tweaked. Also, this is G-Maps, so you can toggle between street view and aerial.

Google Maps

Here's a rough map. Not sure the exact location where Katie was found, so that is approximate. Let me know if you need it tweaked. Also, this is G-Maps, so you can toggle between street view and aerial.

Google Maps
Katie & Emma lived just about a tenth of a mile down Piedmont on the same side as Campagnola..I believe LE said 350.

I drove by Piedmont Park today on the way home from work. Reggae Music Festival & the place was jammed. I took 3 pics of the entrance at 10th & Charles Allen Dr. I was moving when I took them so they're not that great. Am I allowed to post or does anyone want me to post these?

I drove by Piedmont Park today on the way home from work. Reggae Music Festival & the place was jammed. I took 3 pics of the entrance at 10th & Charles Allen Dr. I was moving when I took them so they're not that great. Am I allowed to post or does anyone want me to post these?
Please post. I drove by there as well when working in Midtown this week and I now have so many more questions. Wanted to get pix but cldnt. Thku

Please post. I drove by there as well when working in Midtown this week and I now have so many more questions. Wanted to get pix but cldnt. Thku
Here they are. Like I said, not very good. I notice what looks like a new LED street light just inside the gate & also a white cardboard sign near the memorial...can you read it?

Attachments

• 20210815_155116.jpg
    20210815_155116.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210815_155113.jpg
    20210815_155113.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210815_155102.jpg
    20210815_155102.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 88
Thx for posting. I can't quite make it out. Glad there's a new light there (and hopefully more throughout the park). I want to spend some time there just to understand the terrain a little more but it's still kinda eerie to me. What I noticed on drive by going toward Monroe on 10th is the space behind the gate where the trees are. I'm assuming that's the actual scene of the crime. Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody