GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know somebody in another group questioned what time Henry's closes. According to their website and their FB pages, they close at 10:00 p.m. during the week. So why was Katie still there at 11:30 and still not off work? Would it be normal for end-of-shift duties/cleanup to take 2 hours?

Again, an early article said that Emma was expecting Katie and Bowie to come and meet her at Henry's so they could all walk home together. So did she go home? Ugh, there are so many cookie-cutter articles to wade through.
The timeline really has me puzzled. According to what I’ve read in the media, Katie stopped by Henry’s (Emma’s job) to say hi and let her see Bowie and left around 11:30pm? On Henry’s website, it says that they close at 10:00pm.

I’ve read in msm articles that Katie and Emma were supposed to walk home together and IMO that would make more sense for Katie to come to her job so late. I’ve also read statements from Emma’s dad that said they had dinner together that night but I wonder what time since the restaurant closed at 10pm.
The time stamps from the surveillance video are also interesting. One shot is from 11:55pm, another is 12:25am and the latest one I’ve seen is 12:46am. If she was in the rainbow crosswalk at 12:07am, I wonder why the feel people at the Charles Allen entrance at 11:55pm were witnesses? Unless maybe they have video of Katie near that entrance at that time? The cross walk is about 10 min away from the Charles Allen entrance.

Lastly, I’ve walked in Piedmont park at night and it was very creepy. We saw men coming out of bushes, men going in and out of the restrooms together, homeless people sleeping on park benches and the one thing I’ll never forget is how dark it was. We could barely see each other and we were walking right next to each other. We didn’t stay long because it was just too dark especially by the trees. I say that to say, Katie might not have even seen anyone coming to harm her and if they slit her throat, I’m not sure if she ever had the opportunity to scream. If the dog didn’t bite the perpetrator, I strongly believe it was someone the dog was familiar with and his guard was down. Just my opinion.
Restaurants don't usually make diners leave at a set time, they typically have a set time for closing food orders.
If they stop serving food at 10, diners are permitted to enjoy their meal at their own pace, if the dining room is busy it can take awhile to prepare orders and serve people.
If people want desserts and drinks or coffee after their meal, it's unlikely they will be refused or rushed out.
A restaurant bar stays open as long as people are eating and sometimes longer if it's busy, the biggest profit is in alcohol sales.

He's the one who said they met for dinner that night, and I feel like that's confusing for a lot of people because of the timeline. Was dinner at a 'regular' dinner time, or was it at 11:30? Did Katie and Bowie go to Henry's twice, then? (and again, why was Emma still at work at 11:30?) He's the one who said the police found DNA on Bowie (which I'm hoping and praying is true). He's the one who said "there's a monster loose in Atlanta" and talked about how her face was disfigured (without actually using those words). So maybe it's not so much that it doesn't add up (except for the dinner stuff), as that everything that people here and on other forums are repeating as true, are things he said. Not the police. The police aren't the ones being confusing; we're being confused because we're accepting what was said by an outsider who seems to have made sure he got his mouth in front of as many microphones as he could.

I agree. The dad said a lot of things to the media at the very beginning that seem odd and/or untrue now. For example, he said that they had dinner together. I haven’t heard Emma say they had dinner that night. He also said that Katie was supposed to meet Emma back at her job to walk her home when she got off. He said Katie never made it back there so that’s when Emma started looking for her. He also said Emma walked from their house to the park to look for Katie…but new reports say she drove to the park? Another thing I remember him saying is that Emma ran as fast as she could from the park because she was scared. But in the 911 call, it didn’t sound like Emma was running, she even spoke to someone else in the park. In her interview, she said she touched Katie’s face and even checked for a pulse. It’s just odd to me that her dad would voluntarily give all these different version of events to the media. I’m trying to figure out his angle. Perhaps he just likes hearing himself talk? I did think he was really trying to make them out to be the most loving couple ever and that was odd to me as well. I agree with the poster that said it almost seemed as if he was trying to shape the narrative.

Restaurants don't usually make diners leave at a set time, they typically have a set time for closing food orders.
If they stop serving food at 10, diners are permitted to enjoy their meal at their own pace, if the dining room is busy it can take awhile to prepare orders and serve people.
If people want desserts and drinks or coffee after their meal, it's unlikely they will be refused or rushed out.
A restaurant bar stays open as long as people are eating and sometimes longer if it's busy, the biggest profit is in alcohol sales.

I get that…it just makes the timeline more puzzling if she did in fact have dinner there. Most restaurants close the kitchen down 30 min or so before closing time so that would’ve been around 9:30pm. If she did eat, maybe Emma ordered something for her before the kitchen closed; however, the only thing I’ve heard directly from Emma is that Katie stopped by to say “hey” and let her see the dog. I’ve never heard Emma say that she stopped by to eat or that they ate together that night.

How Serial Killers Work. This is an interesting article. Even though MSM has not said this is a serial killer, it just seems like it is a possibility. It is all just so horrific and disturbing. I am so frightened that they won't catch this perpetrator and that he might fatally harm another innocent person.

For those here who live in Atlanta… I’m realizing that the ATL media really is not releasing much. No interviews w/friends or coworkers, just Emma & her dad, over a week ago. Nothing new has been reported in days. Do you think there’s any progress?

For those here who live in Atlanta… I’m realizing that the ATL media really is not releasing much. No interviews w/friends or coworkers, just Emma & her dad, over a week ago. Nothing new has been reported in days. Do you think there’s any progress?

my honest thought is no. They’re moving too slowly to have made a lot of progress. APD and the city government want this over, I’m sure.

but that’s just a personal feeling. I hope they have a lot more than it feels like.

I really, really hope he didn’t get away.

I encourage those interested in the case to listen to Emma's full 20min+ interview as a primary source, it will help answer many of the questions asked.

Agree with this. She says in her interviews there was no dinner together. That she was working later that night due to staff shortages and closing. The interviews clear up a lot of questions people have been posting the last 2 days.

There are still inconsistencies with the timeline, but dinner did not happen according to Emma.

How Serial Killers Work. This is an interesting article. Even though MSM has not said this is a serial killer, it just seems like it is a possibility. It is all just so horrific and disturbing. I am so frightened that they won't catch this perpetrator and that he might fatally harm another innocent person.

I could be wrong, but I know a lot about relationships, especially ones that are particularly intense. Those relationships are deep, love, rage, hatred, all felt with a quantified intensity.

It sounds like Katherine was "overkilled", with deep emotional rage. And the dog being killed, is an extension of that rage. Especially, as Katherine was especially close with "Bowie".

I don't see a serial killer here. I could be wrong, but I think that this was deeply personal. Either Katherine reminded the killer of someone or it was someone she knew.

This is another thing that's been bothering me: Emma's dad being the source of so much information, so early on, that's now being repeated like it's gospel. That happens over and over again with news stories, especially crime stories (I'm a writer and a researcher). He may have misspoken, either intentionally or non-intentionally, but what makes me uneasy is that he's a politician, and as such, knows you have to get out in front of the story and shape the narrative. So here we have this guy talking about how in love they were, how they were such a great couple, how he could see them staying together forever -- did reporters ever talk to anyone else who may have had a different opinion? He also set up the timeline by saying things that now, in retrospect, have people scratching their heads because they don't add up. But with nobody to set things straight, the waters have been muddied. Know what I mean? Again, I'm not saying he did any of this intentionally or with bad intent, but it did happen.

If god forbid any of my loved ones were victims of a crime and I had someone in my life who was comfortable speaking in public and to the media, you can bet I would ask them to be my spokesperson. If they knew and loved my person, even better.
Some here and in the media may be 'repeating what he says like gospel' because we spend page after page rehashing and overanalyzing everything or in the media's case reporting the same thing because it is all we have to 'work' with, but the great thing is that authorities, who are actually working the case, have ongoing access to all of the important people and information and can ask, confirm, solidify, and that is what matters. I haven't heard anything from LE that would hint at the family being uncooperative or misleading or anything nefarious whatsoever.
I get that we have questions but I also can't help but feel like maybe this is why family members don't speak publicly. Their worlds have been destroyed and they are willing and eager to talk about their loved one and try to remember what happened through their trauma ridden brains with hopes of keeping the story front and center so progress happens on the case and meanwhile message boards will question you until what you have said can be dissected to satisfaction.

That is just how I feel.

I think they want for her to keep speaking but might be to figure out inconsistencies. What I find interesting is that she revealed that Katie's throat was cut, something that had not been said before. Seems unusual for the partner to reveal a significant detail in the case when APD had not made it public.

If god forbid any of my loved ones were victims of a crime and I had someone in my life who was comfortable speaking in public and to the media, you can bet I would ask them to be my spokesperson. If they knew and loved my person, even better.
Some here and in the media may be 'repeating what he says like gospel' because we spend page after page rehashing and overanalyzing everything or in the media's case reporting the same thing because it is all we have to 'work' with, but the great thing is that authorities have access to all of the important people and can ask, confirm, solidify, and that is what matters. I haven't heard anything from LE that would hint at the family being uncooperative or misleading or anything nefarious whatsoever.
I get that we have questions but I also can't help but feel like maybe this is why family members don't speak publicly. Their worlds have been destroyed and they are willing and eager to talk about their loved one and try to remember what happened through their trauma ridden brains with hopes of keeping the story front and center so progress happens on the case and meanwhile message boards will question you until what you have said can be dissected to satisfaction.

That is just how I feel.

agree and Emma’s dad is not suspicious in the crime to me. He’s just an aspect of the aftermath that has caused some confusion. But bless his heart I’m sure he has good intentions and only wants to help his child. That’s how I see him.

I would put little to no credence on when a website says a place it is closing and actual time an employee leaves. A) Hours are approx. B) CoVid has changed hours C) Emma has worked many roles at Henry's per her interview so she probably helped close D) IIRC she even mentioned it was taking longer to leave than usual due to training E) Employees that help close typically leave 1-2 hours after close.

As for those saying Piedmont Park should feel different this weekend. At the risk of not sounding empathetic, why should it? It is an inanimate object and vast majority of people there had no personal attachment to Katie or Emma. There are housing projects in the U.S. where there are 3-4+ murders per year yet life goes on. This is a very sad incident but the first in approx. 20 years there.

I encourage those interested in the case to listen to Emma's full 20min+ interview as a primary source, it will help answer many of the questions asked.
There was a man stabbed to death in 2009 in the park and the murder has never been solved. He was also part of the LGBTQ community.

I could be wrong, but I know a lot about relationships, especially ones that are particularly intense. Those relationships are deep, love, rage, hatred, all felt with a quantified intensity.

It sounds like Katherine was "overkilled", with deep emotional rage. And the dog being killed, is an extension of that rage. Especially, as Katherine was especially close with "Bowie".

I don't see a serial killer here. I could be wrong, but I think that this was deeply personal. Either Katherine reminded the killer of someone or it was someone she knew.
My line of thinking is that she reminded the killer of someone who he has intense rage towards and he transferred it to her...MOO. It seems like a strong possibility. Don't some serial killers fixate on a type of victim that reminds them of someone? Anything is possible. I hope this crime gets solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003