GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a video of the crime scene area. Trying to download it but it says the file is too big. Trying to figure out how to divide the video into two….
I actually had two videos one was three minutes and 30 seconds and one was two minutes and 50 seconds. I started with the two minute video and tried to divide it and now the video is gone from my phone. It’s not and recently deleted and I can’t find it anywhere so I’m afraid to mess with the three minute video.

This is an interesting read and might help explain the attention, or lack of attention, this case is getting. It's just the writer's opinion, not mine.

The Martyrdom of Katie Janness

"The Atlanta Police Department should not be expected to treat this case any differently than any of the other 82 homicides that have yet to be solved, except as the evidence dictates."​

I don't love it, but I realize that's just the author's opinion. He's pretty much ignoring what we've all said here -- that this is unusual because LE said it's unusual and brought in the FBI. And what drew me to the story was Bowie, mostly -- that just makes it even more unusual. Every day that I've gone to the AJC site in the past 3 weeks to look for updates, yes, I see stories about people being murdered, but none of them are as unusual as this one.

I wanted to go back and re-listen to the full 911 call. But now all I am finding are heavily edited versions. The good version I heard before, the link is no longer working. Can anyone point me to a good unedited version (as unedited as possible).

This may have already been posted, but this is the portion of the 911 call I heard:

This does not seem like it would be related but it made me think of The photo of the three people walking in the park in the group of possible witness photos.
Police believe stabbing near Piedmont Park related to attack 9 days earlier
The three in this case seem to be walking leisurely and have no ascertainable signs of blood on their clothing from what I can make out. Ive wondered about the possibility of more than one perp since a friend in LE suggested that as a possibility.
APD releases images of possible witnesses in Piedmont Park murder

The more I think about this the more I think it was someone who knew the park VERY well. They knew there weren't cameras where the crime was committed, they knew it would be dark under the trees/behind the stone entrance. They knew how to get out undetected. Could it be someone that does/did maintenance for the park... Maybe landscaping or even security at events held there... or a technology worker in the area. I don't think this was a random homeless person, most homeless people in the area are very frail and not capable of such a crime. I truly believe this person appears normal. Definitely not personal they would have solved this by now, not homeless - being from ATL I just don't for 2 seconds think that's the case here. It's someone skilled, somewhat intelligent, and able to fly under the radar in the community. I also think this person isn't one to flee but probably still in the area. He's probably so sick he watched everything unfold - them being discovered, police arriving, the vigil etc.

They may have a criminal record but in Georgia it has to be a felony in order to get your DNA on file. It's possible though if they do have DNA they can trace it to ancestry or 23 and me. That may just take a bit. The more days that go by without an update is making me think they don't have any leads. I hope I'm wrong and that Katie and Bowie get justice!

**also is it possible that the killer could've had a change of clothes with him or hidden in the woods?

Last edited:
The three in this case seem to be walking leisurely and have no ascertainable signs of blood on their clothing from what I can make out. Ive wondered about the possibility of more than one perp since a friend in LE suggested that as a possibility.
APD releases images of possible witnesses in Piedmont Park murder

Agreed. I wonder if a woman was involved as a way to create a false sense of security and lure poor Katie off her route. Sick thoughts, I hate this so much. :(

I had another thought that probably means nothing but there is an institution called Hillside which is about a mile away from the crime scene… it houses and treats teens with extreme emotional problems and behavioral issues. Probably nothing there, but it would be interesting if one of the individuals had recently been released/escaped/etc. They have a day program too.

I wonder if Katie had a specific ringtone for her partner, maybe even one that the dog recognised and that helped spur the dog to attack (out of love for both owners). That assumes she was attacked while partner was wondering where they were.

Also, if I was ringing my partner, it would probably be less than a minute between tries as I am impatient, but that would depend on very many factors, like mobile coverage.

A comment from one of the recent articles:

‘“If you saw anyone with any unexplained injuries, an intense attraction to this case in the media. A change in appearance. A change in hair color. A change in any type of facial hair. An absence of school work, come forward give us a call,” said Deputy Chief Hampton. “There is nothing too insignificant,” he added.’

For what it’s worth, a high school is nearby.

And a psychiatric hospital for troubled teens!!!!!!

I would like to point out that when we see Katie in the crosswalk at 12:09 she and Bowie had already had a good walk. Several blocks from their house they stopped at henry‘s to say hello and then probably stopped by Camp where Katie worked. They were likely ready to end their walk. And had they walked home it would’ve been several blocks back home. Going the direction they are in the crosswalk at 12:09 they are going the opposite direction of home. Yes they are walking in the direction of the park but also in the direction of henry’s where Emma is soon to get off work.

Emmas 911 call was at 1:11 AM. Prior to her call she had gotten off work gone home tried to call Katie several times and text. Then decided to get in her car and drove around while waiting to pick up a signal from Katie‘s phone. she probably parked on 10th St. and ran across the street to the park where she found Katie and Bowie. I am guessing it took her at least 30 minutes to do all of that once she got off work. Therefore she likely got off work around 1230.
It is my theory that when we see Katie in the crosswalk at 12:09 she is walking towards Henry’s to go home with Emma.

I don't love it, but I realize that's just the author's opinion. He's pretty much ignoring what we've all said here -- that this is unusual because LE said it's unusual and brought in the FBI. And what drew me to the story was Bowie, mostly -- that just makes it even more unusual. Every day that I've gone to the AJC site in the past 3 weeks to look for updates, yes, I see stories about people being murdered, but none of them are as unusual as this one.
As many know there was a young lady several days ago in Atlanta woman who was kidnapped and thrown into a van, likely sexually abused and shot and killed shortly thereafter.
As mentioned before violent crime is out of control in Atlanta. Yes there may have been particularly 'gruesome' aspects of Katie Janness' murder (and the dog is unusual) but I think it was as much of it being a high profile case that led the FBI to be called in.
The FBI being called in adds to the air of mystery and conjecture.

Last edited:
As many know there was a young lady several day ago woman who was kidnapped and thrown into a van, likely sexually abused and shot and killed shortly thereafter.
As mentioned before violent crime is out of control in Atlanta. Yes there may have been particularly 'gruesome' aspects of Katie Janness' murder but I think it was as much of it being a high profile case that led the FBI to be called in.
Thankfully a suspect was arrested quickly in that terrible case.

Emmas 911 call was at 1:11 AM. Prior to her call she had gotten off work gone home tried to call Katie several times and text. Then decided to get in her car and drove around while waiting to pick up a signal from Katie‘s phone. she probably parked on 10th St. and ran across the street to the park where she found Katie and Bowie. I am guessing it took her at least 30 minutes to do all of that once she got off work. Therefore she likely got off work around 1230.
It is my theory that when we see Katie in the crosswalk at 12:09 she is walking towards Henry’s to go home with Emma.
Agreed….what made her go so far in the opposite direction of Henry’s, into the park? I also think it’s strange that LE hasn’t firmed up the exact time Katie was last seen, and where. Their flyer is purposely vague, IMO. Unless they truly don’t have the information, which I doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members