GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s very interesting to know. I didn’t really think about that, with the vision. I guess you’re right.

I would be interested to know if the FBI/APD checked into if the people closest to her owned night vision glasses/red glasses or anything related to that nature. Or purchased them right before the murder…

I believe she was found right under this tree to the left. So, doesn’t look like it would be very lit in the dark. Just saying. This is them collecting evidence the morning of the murder. This is evidence from the tree next to her body.

Attachments

• C78295D7-7133-441C-BA9B-707180633479.jpeg
    C78295D7-7133-441C-BA9B-707180633479.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 59
Good questions. I'm assuming that perhaps since both Katie and Bowie were found near the entrance of the park there may have bee some light coming from outside of the park. But the question is how much light was enough to see what had happened to them? The other question that intrigues me is how would it be known that the killer lingered on after killing? What led to this insight? Is it again a matter of integrity to the case? I'm thinking it may be. But how would one conclude that the killer lingered after the murder?

JMO but perhaps investigators concluded this after they found a "secondary" scene in the park. Maybe they tracked blood trails or something and were able to figure out by evidence like shoeprints, trampled foliage, and blood droplets/ spatter that the perpetrator waited/paced/lingered in a certain spot. If the perpetrator injured him/herself during the crime, this might be an easier thing to conclude. It's also possible that they have more surveillance video than they have let on and they have a good idea of both how and when the perpetrator left the park. There are various reasons why this evidence might be held back from the public at this point in time.

JMO but perhaps investigators concluded this after they found a "secondary" scene in the park. Maybe they tracked blood trails or something and were able to figure out by evidence like shoeprints, trampled foliage, and blood droplets/ spatter that the perpetrator waited/paced/lingered in a certain spot. If the perpetrator injured him/herself during the crime, this might be an easier thing to conclude. It's also possible that they have more surveillance video than they have let on and they have a good idea of both how and when the perpetrator left the park. There are various reasons why this evidence might be held back from the public at this point in time.
Thanks. I never really thought about all of this. Great insight. Maybe the killer had blood all over, and then sat on tree or rested up against it for awhile, and that’s why they offloaded that big branch for forensics? Hmm.

There is obviously a lot more that they have, that we do not know. I’m surprised there isn’t an arrest yet, they must be missing a couple key pieces of evidence that they need for the conviction. I’m like 99% sure that they already know who did it.

I’m guessing it’s possible someone the person (people) who set her up purposely did not take their phone to the crime scene, so it would not ping in the area.

The longer I stew on this and the more pieces I put together (as pure speculation) I believe she was set up. I think it was planned.

I think an arrest will come soon, because I think LE is also probably putting these pieces together and I think the walls are closing in on these people, it’s just a matter of time. I think it will need of being people close to her.

Even though I've not expressed the theory before, I agree that KJ's murder was likely a setup. MOO

For KJ to be walking into the PP, past midnight, does not fit with a person observing safety practices. She was lured, perhaps. Bowie was to be incapacitated swiftly as not to interfere with the killing of KJ.

For a lady who intended to fly to MI the very next day, I find it difficult to consider she'd stop at PP, for any reason past midnight, after she had visited with her gf, E, at her work establishment. KJ was supposed to be at their shared home when E arrived home from work. When exactly did KJ's plan change that led her to take Bowie out for a walk along PP?

I think it's highly possible a meeting with KJ at PP was preplanned, prearranged without using a phone to communicate the meeting time or place. I think we're all ready for positive police activity on behalf of Katherine's death.

Even though I've not expressed the theory before, I agree that KJ's murder was likely a setup. MOO

For KJ to be walking into the PP, past midnight, does not fit with a person observing safety practices. She was lured, perhaps. Bowie was to be incapacitated swiftly as not to interfere with the killing of KJ.

For a lady who intended to fly to MI the very next day, I find it difficult to consider she'd stop at PP, for any reason past midnight, after she had visited with her gf, E, at her work establishment. KJ was supposed to be at their shared home when E arrived home from work. When exactly did KJ's plan change that led her to take Bowie out for a walk along PP?

I think it's highly possible a meeting with KJ at PP was preplanned, prearranged without using a phone to communicate the meeting time or place. I think we're all ready for positive police activity on behalf of Katherine's death.
Exactly, 1000000%. Couldn’t not agree more. If I were to sum up every thought in my head, you just wrote it in your post. Thank you!

To elaborate a little further, my thoughts are the same as yours. Someone close to her wanted to eliminate her because she was about to make some life changes. (Speculation.)

Someone else close to her, separated by a degree or two, lured her to the park. She trusted whoever the killer was, enough to meet up because….well, why wouldn’t she? She felt comfortable. Then things started to get weird, then they just started in on her. She didn’t even have time to react because again, she had no reason to be on high alert. That’s why she didn’t really run. That’s why the dog didn’t attack.

Again, I don’t know WHO this killer is, but whoever it is, she trusted them with her life, because she basically handed it to them when she met them in the park that night.

Except that we have learned that this was very common activity of Katie. She would walk the dog late at night and apparently PP was often a visit on those walks. If she was lured there (not saying she wasn't), how? What is the evidence? There are things about this night that are interesting to me. She had been out on a walk with Bowie for a long time. Was that normal? We don't know. Where did she go that night? We know very little. I suspect APD knows a LOT more. But it hasn't led to a killer yet.

Except that we have learned that this was very common activity of Katie. She would walk the dog late at night and apparently PP was often a visit on those walks. If she was lured there (not saying she wasn't), how? What is the evidence? There are things about this night that are interesting to me. She had been out on a walk with Bowie for a long time. Was that normal? We don't know. Where did she go that night? We know very little. I suspect APD knows a LOT more. But it hasn't led to a killer yet.
Correct, important to keep in mind the victims daily hours were different than what we may consider the 9-5 norm. The victim was a bartender who worked nights and in an interview the victim's significant other, who also worked nights, gave to the local CBS affiliate she indicated nothing extraordinary in the routine of taking the dog out for a walk late etc.
That being said the autopsy report, available online from various sources appear to indicate a level of personal hatred and desire to humiliate the victim; the carving of letters, pants being pulled down and wounds on upper torso, slashes across the tattoo etc.

From Countarian's link EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman killed in Piedmont Park speaks about victim’s final moments

"Clark said Janness stopped by Henry’s with their dog Bowie to say hello before leaving the restaurant to walk their dog that night.

She came by with the dog because if she is out with the dog and she is over there she comes to say hi and lets me see him,” Clark said. “Just check up on me see how long I was going to be at work. I said I love you, be safe, and see you later.”

Later, Clark said Janness did not respond to her phone calls or texts.

If I get home and she is not there, I always just call her just to be like, ‘hey what’s your ETA? Where are you at,’” Clark said. “And, she didn’t answer. She always answers. That’s when I knew something was really wrong. I called her a bunch of times. She didn’t answer. I texted her a bunch. She didn’t respond. I knew immediately something wasn’t right.”

I don't see anywhere in her statement that Katherine walked Bowie in Piedmont Park frequently even though both roommates worked in the restaurant and bar business and kept late hours as a result. I will agree to Katie walking Bowie after arriving home from her job around midnight but I do not think Katie routinely walked inside PP after midnight. No.

Except that we have learned that this was very common activity of Katie. She would walk the dog late at night and apparently PP was often a visit on those walks. If she was lured there (not saying she wasn't), how? What is the evidence? There are things about this night that are interesting to me. She had been out on a walk with Bowie for a long time. Was that normal? We don't know. Where did she go that night? We know very little. I suspect APD knows a LOT more. But it hasn't led to a
That being said the autopsy report, available online from various sources appear to indicate a level of personal hatred and desire to humiliate the victim; the carving of letters, pants being pulled down and wounds on upper torso, slashes across the tattoo etc.
I think it was set up to look like it was over the top. This person did it this way, to throw suspicion off of themselves because police and others would never suspect someone close to her would ever do something so gross and horrific. I truly believe it was all a ploy. They just got carried away with it, but it was meant to look like a crazed, drugged out, homeless person or serial killer committed this crime. That way, APD went a different direction with the investigation, and people like us talked about it online, and we didn’t talk about those closest to her. We’re doing exactly what they wanted us to do. And here we are. ;)

From Countarian's link EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman killed in Piedmont Park speaks about victim’s final moments

"Clark said Janness stopped by Henry’s with their dog Bowie to say hello before leaving the restaurant to walk their dog that night.

She came by with the dog because if she is out with the dog and she is over there she comes to say hi and lets me see him,” Clark said. “Just check up on me see how long I was going to be at work. I said I love you, be safe, and see you later.”

If I get home and she is not there, I always just call her just to be like, ‘hey what’s your ETA? Where are you at,’” Clark said. “And, she didn’t answer. She always answers. That’s when I knew something was really wrong. I called her a bunch of times. She didn’t answer. I texted her a bunch. She didn’t respond. I knew immediately something wasn’t right.”

I don't see anywhere in her statement that Katherine walked Bowie in Piedmont Park frequently even though both roommates worked in the restaurant and bar business and kept late hours as a result. I will agree to Katie walking Bowie after arriving home from her job around midnight but I do not think Katie routinely walked inside PP after midnight. No.

My point was inferred that according to what EC said above nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Here is a quote from an interview via the local NBC affiliate 11Alive, which should help make my point clearer:

"When asked whether or not the route by the park was normal for Janness to take, Clark explained that she took a few different ones when walking but she doesn't believe Janness ever had a direct plan that night.
"Since I was at work, she came by and I don't know exactly the route she would take. I noticed she did walk through the park, sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance."

I must agree with you,

I must agree with you, DeDee. Katie often sent pics from her phone while walking Tori or Bowie at night, and they were always of interesting sights Outside of the park, never inside it, I believe. She was not stupid or reckless-she cared about her safety and that of her animals, and Wanted to be there for Emma and her mom, sister and friends.

I must agree with you,

I must agree with you, DeDee. Katie often sent pics from her phone while walking Tori or Bowie at night, and they were always of interesting sights Outside of the park, never inside it, I believe. She was not stupid or reckless-she cared about her safety and that of her animals, and Wanted to be there for Emma and her mom, sister and friends.
I see what you are saying but the fact that she walked into the park this night doesn't necessarily mean she was making a hurried decision because she was found not far from the entrance. IMO she probably wasn't going to go further, just a quick step in a little bit and come out just as quickly. Maybe she heard something and ventured? Maybe she heard someone asking for help not yelling. So she went in trying to locate the voice, and this person/s(?) knew her casually and she and Bowie were comfortable enough in their presence.

I agre
My point was inferred that according to what EC said above nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Here is a quote from an interview via the local NBC affiliate 11Alive, which should help make my point clearer:

"When asked whether or not the route by the park was normal for Janness to take, Clark explained that she took a few different ones when walking but she doesn't believe Janness ever had a direct plan that night.
"Since I was at work, she came by and I don't know exactly the route she would take. I noticed she did walk through the park, sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance."
But your inferences are solely based on what the partner is telling the public? To be clear, no one has been named a suspect in this case, however, NO ONE has been cleared by police in this ongoing investigation. Just a reminder, everyone in this case is currently innocent. However, I am going on basic facts and logic, not on opinions and suggestions and on what they want the public to believe. Someone is not telling the truth. Who? We don’t know yet.

I think it was set up to look like it was over the top. This person did it this way, to throw suspicion off of themselves because police and others would never suspect someone close to her would ever do something so gross and horrific. I truly believe it was all a ploy. They just got carried away with it, but it was meant to look like a crazed, drugged out, homeless person or serial killer committed this crime. That way, APD went a different direction with the investigation, and people like us talked about it online, and we didn’t talk about those closest to her. We’re doing exactly what they wanted us to do. And here we are. ;)
I would think that if someone known to her did it and wanted to throw off police, the best way would have been to make it look just like a mugging that went bad. The police would have likely mostly considered the homeless in the area.

I must agree with you,

Emma literally says Katie would walk in the park in the 11alive interview:
""Since I was at work, she came by and I don't know exactly the route she would take. I noticed she did walk through the park, sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance.""

""Since I was at work, she came by and I don't know exactly the route she would take. I noticed she did walk through the park, sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance.""
I thought I had seen that before somewhere. Thank you. That puts this area of the attack in that zone. And it makes sense. You are walking a good sized dog and there is a big park within a block or two, you would probably go there to let him walk on grass or run. They could have entered at 12th street as Emma stated or just stayed on 10th street and entered at the SW corner of the park and just walked on that southern edge of the park.

And that seems to be exactly the route she took.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back