GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Have we considered it could be 2 killers? Whoever did that would need a degree of skill to coordinate the whole operation so quickly. It all seemed so practised but nothing similiar has happened before or since
I think it certainly could be two people. Its just that statistically, it is likely to be only one person.

And that seems to be exactly the route she took.
When one Emma says, "sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance." The implication is she walked from 12th to 10th within the park. Please see attachment and outline, this is a common route and doesn't put one deep in the park.
Except we know based on evidence released to date it's unlikely she took that route that night.
She also likely didn't walk on the street from 12th street entrance to 10th street entrance (aka Charles Allen gate) since again based on camera footage released she should have visible.

It's more likely IMHO, she took one of the smaller entrances either between 10th and 11th or on 10th closer to Argonne both of which would put her on the small path which parallels 10th.

Attachments

• pp_1012.PNG
    pp_1012.PNG
    410 KB · Views: 35
Have we considered it could be 2 killers? Whoever did that would need a degree of skill to coordinate the whole operation so quickly. It all seemed so practised but nothing similiar has happened before or since

I've stated that same thought... more than one attacker/killer. My opinion has been based on the number (and different types/depths) of wounds Katie suffered in such a short period of time... and Bowie killed, too. However, I also agree with Prairie Wind's comment about statistics. Tough to dismiss the possibility, though, imo.

Last edited:
Skilled with knife, ruthless, efficient, fast, merciless, fearless, psychpath? IDK maybe the perp was looking for a chalenge and saw Bowie as a challenge and already didn't like Katherine because of her appearance (I don't see it she looks normal to me the average woman.) Maybe this perp has committed other crimes but is discreet enough and LE can't connect the crimes because they are not similar enough.

I would think that if someone known to her did it and wanted to throw off police, the best way would have been to make it look just like a mugging that went bad. The police would have likely mostly considered the homeless in the area.
Or make it look like a “hate crime” rather than a personal attack. This distraction got some traction in early reports.
If the killer had a personal reason for the attack, making people think it is a “hate crime” changes the pool of potential suspects - looking for someone who hated the victim (or her lifestyle) rather than someone who might have (unrequited) love for the victim.

Last edited:
Or make it look like a “hate crime” rather than a personal attack. This distraction got some traction in early reports.
If the killer had a personal reason for the attack, making people think it is a “hate crime” changes the pool of potential suspects - looking for someone who hated the victim (or her lifestyle) rather than someone who might have (unrequited) love for the victim.
If the perp was from her circle of people known to her it would be hard for the perp to keep the emotions hidden from others in the group IMO. Someone in the group would see a malicious overtone or other feelings another had for her. Afterall these people know her well and each other so its harder to completely be quiet about perspectives on the deceased. If her circle of friends were accepting of the relationship then I find it hard to see that those disfiguring wounds would be put on her along with this perp not showing some feeling to others in her circle of friends, crucially. MOO.

Interesting thought. But, why not just stage it to look as if it's a robbery rather than a hate crime, as that would be much easier in such a public place. What evidence suggests "hate crime" other than K's rumored rainbow tatt mutilation? If so, is that enough to definitely label it a hate crime? Also, wouldn't the carved letters also have been more obvious/direct... spelling out a direct hate crime?

Interesting thought. But, why not just stage it to look as if it's a robbery rather than a hate crime, as that would be much easier in such a public place. What evidence suggests "hate crime" other than K's rumored rainbow tatt mutilation? If so, is that enough to definitely label it a hate crime? Also, wouldn't the carved letters also have been more obvious/direct... spelling out a direct hate crime?
imho, the autopsy report which is available online via various sources makes it seem more personal, to the point of victim degradation, than a sexual orientation hate crime attack.

When one Emma says, "sometimes she wouldn't go deep in the park, she might have walked from the 12th Street entrance to the 10th Street entrance." The implication is she walked from 12th to 10th within the park. Please see attachment and outline, this is a common route and doesn't put one deep in the park.
Except we know based on evidence released to date it's unlikely she took that route that night.
She also likely didn't walk on the street from 12th street entrance to 10th street entrance (aka Charles Allen gate) since again based on camera footage released she should have visible.

It's more likely IMHO, she took one of the smaller entrances either between 10th and 11th or on 10th closer to Argonne both of which would put her on the small path which parallels 10th.
Ohhh, good eye. That makes way more sense. Especially since EC says she never walked deep in the park, then she didn’t walk deep in the park. She stayed on the 10th street side of the park. Maybe that’s why they requested videos and Marta warrants….because they’re looking for evidence from those 3 bus stops right there…?
because then they have possession of her “possessions” and then they have to walk off scene with her iPhone. An iPhone that had “where’s my iPhone” currently enabled. Then they have to dispose of it. Too much work.

Last edited:
I do think that it will end up being someone whom the police have already spoken with. And maybe with a fresh set of eyes someday, the killer will be apprehended. Not unlike the "Delphi murders".
I agree, 100%. I think it’s going to be someone or a couple of people in collusion, that they spoke with very early on.

because then they have possession of her “possessions” and then they have to walk off scene with her iPhone. An iPhone that had “where’s my iPhone” currently enabled. Then they have to dispose of it. Too much work.

'Seems they could have smashed the phone and tossed it in the pond easily enough... or at least easier than poorly staging a "hate crime". jmo ... and I could be wrong, of course ;)

Last edited:
imho, the autopsy report which is available online via various sources makes it seem more personal, to the point of victim degradation, than a sexual orientation hate crime attack.
Victim degredation could be for any reason, though. IMO in this horrific case it is appearance. A lot of people understimate this train of thought that some sick individual would have towards Katie. IMO if that is overlooked it may hinder a positive outcome in terms of an arrest. For example if LE overlooks this (I don't think they would) then maybe someone who said something derogotory about Katie's appearance would be overlooked if that sick person was in the park that night. IDK, I suppose this would be something like a needle in a haystack so to speak as people do have their own viewpoints on appearance, but still, its something. LE would have to have a good solid pool of people even it is hundreds then they can narow it down. We have to all agree that this perp is very dangerous because if this person/s(?) did what they did to Katie and Bowie then they can do it to someone else in another type of rage not necessarily what happened in this crime. Its just a matter of setting this perp/s(?) off again unbeknownst to a victim. This person or persons need to be caught ASAP.

I could be wrong but that looks like a long walk instead of just stepping into the park and then back out again. If she walked as in this reasoning then wouldn't she not be hesitant to walk there on other nights as well? The only answer IMO would be either she was not or she was confident to walk this route without hesitation and perhaps sometimes took this route? If this was known it may clear up whether she often did this. If this were the case then she may have been prudent and not every night so one couldn't assume she was going on a particular night. Then how would a perp know, right? Then its possible as I have mentioned before that its someone casually known to her and Bowie felt at ease also, that's how Katie and Bowie were subdued, by this dangerous cunning perp/s(?)

If the perp was from her circle of people known to her it would be hard for the perp to keep the emotions hidden from others in the group IMO. Someone in the group would see a malicious overtone or other feelings another had for her. Afterall these people know her well and each other so its harder to completely be quiet about perspectives on the deceased. If her circle of friends were accepting of the relationship then I find it hard to see that those disfiguring wounds would be put on her along with this perp not showing some feeling to others in her circle of friends, crucially. MOO.
'Seems they could have smashed the phone and tossed it in the pond easily enough... or at least easier than poorly staging a "hate crime". jmo ... and I could be wrong, of course ;)
This is a very, more or less the “gay and lesbian” part of town. She was very much a lesbian, outspoken. So it would be easier to stage it as a hate crime, or a serial killer looking monstrosity than any other type of crime. As soon as the news caught hold of this crime, people started talking about it, defining it as a hate crime (at first). Therefore, immediately ruling out those closest to her. Because why would a gay person commit a “hate crime” against another gay person? ;) if you catch my drift. That’s what they wanted. So they stayed off the radar for awhile. It was staged.

Re-considering the possibility that youth and/or females, could be responsible for KJ's murder after learning of this horrific incident involving young girls - a very rare and unusual occurrence especially in Toronto.
fwiw, imo, speculation.

Re-considering the possibility that youth and/or females, could be responsible for KJ's murder after learning of this horrific incident involving young girls - a very rare and unusual occurrence especially in Toronto.
fwiw, imo, speculation.
That is so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper