GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Thanks for the podcast. I’m listening to it now. I skimmed the transcript and found an answer to one of my questions:
“So was this a frenzied event or was she somehow removed somewhere else, maybe under cover, and all of this stuff was done to her. But you can't get past the fact that this was facilitated by an individual that had to take a significant amount of time. You know, you can say “frenzy”, we can apply that term, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it happened over a very short period of time.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the podcast. I’m listening to it now. I skimmed the transcript and found an answer to one of my questions:
“So was this a frenzied event or was she somehow removed somewhere else, maybe under cover, and all of this stuff was done to her. But you can't get past the fact that this was facilitated by an individual that had to take a significant amount of time. You know, you can say “frenzy”, we can apply that term, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it happened over a very short period of time.”
Not sure who you are quoting, but KJ’s killer had at most 15 - 20 min. He probably didn’t need or take that much time. A number of forensic pathologists think it took about 5 min.

It seems Joseph Scott Morgan (former senior investigator with the Fulton County ME Office) (in his Body Bags Podcast) says the killer took his time. DA Fani Willis said the same in a press conference early on.

Not sure who you are quoting, but KJ’s killer had at most 15 - 20 min. He probably didn’t need or take that much time. A number of forensic pathologists think it took about 5 min.
Thanks for sharing that.

Quoting (from the podcast upthread) this gentleman who reviewed the autopsy report.

Joseph Scott Morgan and his credentials:

The podcast and full transcript here:

It seems Joseph Scott Morgan (former senior investigator with the Fulton County ME Office) (in his Body Bags Podcast) says the killer took his time. DA Fani Willis said the same in a press conference early on.
Unless Joseph Scott Morgan knows the exact moment the attack on KJ began and the exact moment the attack ended, and unless he witnessed the disposition and actual actions of the murderer (which he did not), there is no way he (let alone Fani Willis) could know whether the killer “took his time” or not. Imo Morgan and Willis’ statements are pure speculation, and irresponsible speculation at that.

Morgan and Willis’s statement gave the impression that the killing was almost done at leisure, a slow sadistic torture. I have never bought that. And he (and Fani) simply could not know. I guess he thinks it would take a long time to stab and slash somebody 50 times with a knife. I personally think it could be done in mere minutes (even if you wanted to carve 3 letters, which I’m not sure they did), especially if the victim was incapacitated early on

Remember, the killer first had to dispose of Bowie. The killer also had to worry about being seen or caught (even if they were suffering from psychosis, they knew enough to leave quickly).

I find it very hard to believe that the killer knelt over KJ within view of the CA gate and “took their time”. As video shows, there are still people around the park at that hour. Even in the case of a non random attack, it would have been a frenzied, less than 5 minute mauling. And maybe even less than that (jmo). Then he was gone.

I know he’s with the ME office, but Morgan and Fani Willis’s statements jeopardized the investigation imo, as they painted just one picture / psychopathology / attitude of the suspect: that of a slow sick dissection done to maximize pain. I just don’t believe they could possibly know 100
percent from the nature of the wounds that that is what happened, and if they’re wrong, it discounts other scenarios and possible suspects that otherwise should be considered.

All jmo

Joe Scott Morgan’s former employer (Ful Co ME Office) is the party that released KJs ME report without statement.

What are y’all’s thoughts about that? Did that also jeopardize the investigation?

Joe Scott Morgan’s former employer (Ful Co ME Office) is the party that released KJs ME report without statement.

What are y’all’s thoughts about that? Did that also jeopardize the investigation?
I don’t think it harmed the investigation at all. I think it helped focus attention to the case. The APD needs to release more information. That’s how difficult cases are solved, especially cold cases. The case needs to be kept in the public’s eye. When no information is released and there is not a more complete understanding of what happened, the case doesn’t get written about and not enough people think and talk about the case. For example, APD could release some of the victimology report so the public knows more about what Katie was doing in the days/weeks/months leading up to her death. That could jog someone’s memory about something that could be a useful tip. Same if they would release some of the murderers profile. IMHO

@RetLawyer Is it typical to do all of what you’ve described and APDs approach is bit out of the norm? Asking because this is the first crime I’ve followed like this (since 6a the day of the murder) and I don’t know how these things shld go/have no reference for it.

@RetLawyer Is it typical to do all of what you’ve described and APDs approach is bit out of the norm? Asking because this is the first crime I’ve followed like this (since 6a the day of the murder) and I don’t know how these things shld go/have no reference for it.
It really depends on the police department. Usually the FBI will advise the police to release certain information. Usually when a difficult case goes cold, the police department will release more information, so, the answer to your question is: it depends. But IMHO the APD needs to release more information to engage the public. The last time I spoke with a detective at the APD, they had no leads and no suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back