GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
!! Trigger Warning !!

Revisiting MEx Report…

The cut down KJs midline was 2inch deep if I’m reading correctly.

This perp would have to be exceptionally strong to run a knife that length/depth, no?!
I think it would take a lot of strength but more importantly the knife would need to be very sharp. The perp was likely standing over her when he cut that and would be able to leverage the weight of his body.

Great points. However, I’ve been in Piedmont park after dark and it is extremely dark in certain areas. Nobody would have been able to see anything. Also, a lot of wild things go on in Piedmont after dark (sex, drug use, homeless ppl sleeping everywhere, etc) so if you’re in the park and see something in the shadows, you kinda just mind your business.
I think Katie’s pants were pulled down because her killer dragged her by the legs to a location that wasn’t as dark after he finished.
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I also live in ATL (56 years now) and am also very familiar with the park. I have also been in the park after dark, and agree that it is extremely dark in certain areas - but not in all areas.

The areas that are not as dark include the areas near the gates and around the perimeter of the park where streetlights lining the streets/roads and entries around the park provide some (though admittedly not a lot) of light.

One can see just how much light is available however by watching the videos released by APD early on - when they were first trying to identify the six (6) possible “witnesses” seen in the areas of the 12th St and CA gates.

EC supposed saw Bowie lying on a concrete walk / path (one article described the location as: immediately after she entered the park). I’ve also read “about 50’ inside the gate”.

She then “went further into the park”, and again according to several articles I’ve read, found KJ some 100’ feet away from Bowie. I have however read other articles which give the impression that KJ was found some 100 - 150 yards into the park, so, it’s hard for us to know the exact locations,

In any event, it apparently was easy for EC to spot Bowie after she entered, and she didn’t have to go far into the park from Bowie’s location to find KJ. I believe the area KJ was found would have been dark, but not extremely dark. That’s just my opinion. But saying “Nobody would be able to see anything” is not backed up by fact, and imo, should be accompanied by a jmo, imo or moo

After all, the shocked witness (sometimes referred to as the wtf witness) who EC spoke to (screamed to) while frantically speaking on the phone with the 911 operator from outside the CA gate, saw the bodies while obviously being within earshot of EC.

I also don’t believe that the reason KJ’s pants were down was “because her killer dragged her by the legs to a location that wasn’t as dark after he finished”. I see no reason why any killer would do such a thing. I believe KJ’s pants were down because the killer pulled them down to inflict wounds in that area (as described in the autopsy). I still think the attack was frenzied and took place in roughly 5 min, that’s just my opinion

I guess these are all minor points, and we all want justice for KJ. I just think it should not be presumed that the attack took place deep deep in the park where nobody could see or hear Bowie or KJ and where the killer was able to take his time - and that the killer then, for some reason, drug both bodies back into a more well lit area where they could be seen. Is it possible? Yes, Can we state it as fact? No.

It’s for another post, but I have wondered all along whether the killer first incapacitated Bowie (and / or then KJ) with a taser type weapon. There have been no reports from LE however to suggest this.

All jmo

Last edited:
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I also live in ATL (56 years now) and am also very familiar with the park. I have also been in the park after dark, and agree that it is extremely dark in certain areas - but not in all areas.

The areas that are not as dark include the areas near the gates and around the perimeter of the park where streetlights lining the streets/roads and entries around the park provide some (though admittedly not a lot) of light.

One can see just how much light is available however by watching the videos released by APD early on - when they were first trying to identify the six (6) possible “witnesses” seen in the areas of the 12th St and CA gates.

EC supposed saw Bowie lying on a concrete walk / path (one article described the location as: immediately after she entered the park). I’ve also read “about 50’ inside the gate”.

She then “went further into the park”, and again, according to several articles I’ve read, found KJ some 100’ feet away from Bowie. I have however read other articles which give the impression that KJ was found some 100 - 150 yards into the park, so, it’s hard for us to know the exact locations,

In any event, it apparently was easy for EC to spot Bowie after she entered, and she didn’t have to go far into the park from Bowie’s location to find KJ. I believe the area KJ was found would have been dark, but not extremely dark. That’s just my opinion. But saying “Nobody would be able to see anything” is not backed up by fact, and imo, should be accompanied by a “jmo”

After all, the witness (sometimes referred to as the wtf witness) who EC spoke to (screamed to) while frantically speaking on the phone with the 911 operator from outside the CA gate, saw the bodies while being within earshot of EC.

I also don’t believe that the reason KJ’s pants were down was “because her killer dragged her by the legs to a location that wasn’t as dark after he finished”. I see no reason why any killer would do such a thing. I believe KJ’s pants were down because the killer pulled them down to inflict wounds in that area (as described in the autopsy).

I guess these are all minor points, and we all want justice for KJ. I just think it should not be presumed that the attack took place deep deep in the park where nobody could see or hear Bowie or KJ and where the killer was able to take his time - and that the killer then, for some reason, drug both bodies back into an area where they could be seen. Is it possible? Yes, Can we state it as fact? No.

It’s for another post, but I have wondered all along whether the killer first incapacitated Bowie (and / or KJ) with a taser type weapon. There have been no reports from LE however to suggest this.

All jmo
Hey there! I thought it was obvious that everything I expressed was my opinion. I have to remember to use my imos and jmos on this site. My perspective is based on the fact that, to date, no one has publicly claimed to have seen or heard anything. Given the darkness in certain areas, and the fact that there are no known witnesses, I didn't think it was unreasonable to suggest that no one witnessed the event.

The District Attorney, who has access to far more information than we do, stated that the "killer took his time." I'm sure she had reasons for making that assertion. While I don't believe the attack took 30 minutes, I also doubt it was over in less than 5 minutes. The perp managed to avoid leaving any biological evidence that the police have been able to use thus far which suggests they were careful and deliberate.
It's hard for me to imagine someone stabbing or cutting a person 50 times in under 5 minutes without injuring themselves and leaving DNA evidence behind. Lastly, I recall detectives searching the lake and other areas, so it's possible that the attack didn't only occur in the spot where she was found.

Till next time!

So frustrating.

Well, I sure as hell hope that the APD holds a press conference and not just release that three sentence statement. It’s totally unacceptable for the APD not to account to the public on the status of the investigation by explaining what they have been doing for three years, what they are currently doing and what their ongoing plans are for the investigation. It is stunning to me that a PUBLIC police department believes it is adequate to simply declare this is an open case and the investigation is ongoing. If that’s true APD, show the public some concrete evidence of that. The APD’s approach to this case enrages me and should enrage all of us. RIP Katie and Bowie (if you can).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back