GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Katie’s 44th birthday was last week. Thanks to those of you who have been with this group and Katie and Bowie all along. It’s hard to believe it’s been three years (+) already. Doesn’t seem like it. Let’s hope the end of the search is near. <3
It is sure frustrating. I remember talking about this here days after the attack. Not only no arrest, but just silence really.

While I keep hopeful this case will someday be solved, suddenly, a mere mention on Saturday morning from local MSM reports of the attached APD report and the chills come back. JMO. This crime scene is less than 8 miles from KJ & B crime scene. It is near Grant Park & The Beltline Trail. Of those that remember, The Beltline is where the jogger potential witness was photographed after leaving PP.
Could there possibly be a connection? MOHO

While I keep hopeful this case will someday be solved, suddenly, a mere mention on Saturday morning from local MSM reports of the attached APD report and the chills come back. JMO. This crime scene is less than 8 miles from KJ & B crime scene. It is near Grant Park & The Beltline Trail. Of those that remember, The Beltline is where the jogger potential witness was photographed after leaving PP.

This is very unsettling. This woman was attacked in broad daylight, again, very bold attack. We should watch this closely. Although, it could help solve Kj & B murders. Don’t know if this is their perp but timeframe is about right for another attack.

HI AtlantaBourne. Can you help me understand a little bit about what you posted. What is the Beltline Trail. And you mentioned that the jogger was photographed there. can you help me understand this?

HI AtlantaBourne. Can you help me understand a little bit about what you posted. What is the Beltline Trail. And you mentioned that the jogger was photographed there. can you help me understand this?
The beltline is within Piedmont Park and is a connecting trail to many parks and neighborhoods. Visit the Atlanta Beltline | Places To Go in Atlanta, GA
The jogger was named as a potential witness. UPDATE: Potential witness in Katherine Janness murder at Piedmont Park has come forward

I'm not the og poster but I hope that helps.

The beltline is within Piedmont Park and is a connecting trail to many parks and neighborhoods. Visit the Atlanta Beltline | Places To Go in Atlanta, GA
The jogger was named as a potential witness. UPDATE: Potential witness in Katherine Janness murder at Piedmont Park has come forward

Ok I understand the Beltway now sort of. And I of course know who the jogger is. But I understand that after he goes in and out of the park he just continues east on 10th st. Is he seen on camera after that somewhere?

I think it's more accurate to say part of the beltline runs through Piedmont Park. Hopefully the map at this link displays.
Here's a screenshot with Piedmont Park highlighted.

Attachments

• beltline.png
    beltline.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 6
This young woman was found at Chosewood Park near the Skylark apartments. Chosewood is not connected to Piedmont Park by the Beltline. It is about 8 mi south of Piedmont. I wish APD would provide an update with at least the woman’s identity. Correction: Chosewood is along the Beltline.

Last edited:
This young woman was found at Chosewood Park near the Skylark apartments. Chosewood is not connected to Piedmont Park by the Beltline. It is about 8 mi south of Piedmont. I wish APD would provide an update with at least the woman’s identity. Correction: Chosewood is along the Beltline.
Boulevard is essentially Monroe Dr just farther south. Monroe borders Piedmont Park to the east and abuts the Beltline. Chosewood is along the Beltline. The Beltline is an old Railroad route that is now converted to walking/cycling/scootering. It cuts the city in parts in numerous directions. The jogger was photo’d on a path that runs near/in PP iirc and connects to a section of the Beltline. As already stated, a potential exit route for the perp is via the Beltline.

Boulevard is essentially Monroe Dr just farther south. Monroe borders Piedmont Park to the east and abuts the Beltline. Chosewood is along the Beltline. The Beltline is an old Railroad route that is now converted to walking/cycling/scootering. It cuts the city in parts in numerous directions. The jogger was photo’d on a path that runs near/in PP iirc and connects to a section of the Beltline. As already stated, a potential exit route for the perp is via the Beltline.
Well I am still not getting my question answered. The jogger is seen on camera jogging along 10th, entering the PP at CA gate, and exiting moments later and continuing east on 10th. Is he later seen on the Beltline?

Well I am still not getting my question answered. The jogger is seen on camera jogging along 10th, entering the PP at CA gate, and exiting moments later and continuing east on 10th. Is he later seen on the Beltline?
I wasn’t replying to your comment.

But yes, the photos circulated that show the joggers tattooed leg are reportedly taken on a path that leads from PP to the Beltline.

I wasn’t replying to your comment.

But yes, the photos circulated that show the joggers tattooed leg are reportedly taken on a path that leads from PP to the Beltline.
Thank you for the response Quell. I guess I have never seen these other photos of the jogger. I know that the police did speak with the jogger at least twice. But I never considered him a suspect but someone who quite possibly had seen something of importance.

The second set of photos of the jogger were released later. Someone who’s better at archiving and technology than I am likely has those photos to link but I believe they are still avail on the web.

Agree w you, @PrairieWind the jogger was/is just a potential witness.

It is astonishing that he cldnt contribute helpful info given the parts of the park he traversed and in those specific timeframes.

Chosewood Park was the site of another murder that occurred around KJs. Mariam Abdulrab was followed from a gas station near the Piedmont Park and murdered in her Chosewood neighborhood. Her perp has been caught.

The second set of photos of the jogger were released later. Someone who’s better at archiving and technology than I am likely has those photos to link but I believe they are still avail on the web.

Agree w you, @PrairieWind the jogger was/is just a potential witness.

It is astonishing that he cldnt contribute helpful info given the parts of the park he traversed and in those specific timeframes.

Chosewood Park was the site of another murder that occurred around KJs. Mariam Abdulrab was followed from a gas station near the Piedmont Park and murdered in her Chosewood neighborhood. Her perp has been caught.
Another young woman was murdered Sept 13 in Chosewood Park. This happened just a week ago. It is not the one you are referencing.

The young woman murdered just a week ago was stabbed multiple times. That’s all the info that APD has released.

The young woman murdered just a week ago was stabbed multiple times. That’s all the info that APD has released.
Yes, that’s the murder that @AtlantaBourne linked in upthread.
And yes, that’s different. And as you say, I don’t see any details on this victim on any forum or official channel which makes me wonder if she was transient.

Mariam’s occurred within a few weeks iirc of KJ.

I can’t help worrying this case has been shelved by LE and the thought is so disheartening.

How in the world can a case this hideous go unsolved for so long?

Are there Websleuths veterans on here who can provide perspective for newbies like myself?

Are there cases you’re familiar with that seemed to have absolutely no movement but in actuality the case was actively being worked albeit not reported on and in which the case was ultimately solved?

I can’t help worrying this case has been shelved by LE and the thought is so disheartening.

How in the world can a case this hideous go unsolved for so long?

Are there Websleuths veterans on here who can provide perspective for newbies like myself?

Are there cases you’re familiar with that seemed to have absolutely no movement but in actuality the case was actively being worked albeit not reported on and in which the case was ultimately solved?
It’s hard to know what is happening with this case. APD is not giving press conferences any more or any other kind of case updates. It’s really up to the LE investigating as to what they say publicly about a case. At this point I think we have to assume that this has become a cold case.

By Hope Dean Jul. 28, 2023 rbbm
1729306231520.png
We know that this is an important crime, and we know that the public is watching and waiting,” Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said.''

''Atlanta Police Department Deputy Chief Charles Hampton, Jr. said that investigators were “relying on science and the technology” to solve Janness’ murder. He added that sometimes cases like Janness’ are solved in days or weeks — but sometimes it takes longer.''

''Atlanta police said in a press conference that investigators continued to look at cell phone and biological data.
“We feel that we are still in the right area,” deputy chief Hampton, Jr. said. “We feel like we have active leads.”

It’s hard to know what is happening with this case. APD is not giving press conferences any more or any other kind of case updates. It’s really up to the LE investigating as to what they say publicly about a case. At this point I think we have to assume that this has become a cold case.
they might have DNA but no known person to connect it to IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back