GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The student who went in before him went straight to class, this was verified by LE. Which locker room are you talking about?

I was referring to the locker room that they mentioned had dried blood on the wall. And when the school made the statement about protecting the students, faculty, etc), maybe a fight did take place? No one wants to be held responsible IMO. The school doesn't even want to release the video, so I just thought it could be possible.

Any thoughts on why the belt buckle was unbuckled and pants were both unbuttoned and unzipped? Was he possibly changing in the locker room?

To make sure I understand, GA prohibits students from carrying/ possessing cells at public schools? A statewide prohibition?
(I get the idea about prohibiting use, except in certain ltd. circumstances)

Thanks, momrids6, for local info.

yes- see Georgia 1989 state ban on cell phones in school, but a few Atlanta districts have changed the policy. slightly.

Lowndes County: CELL PHONES

Students are prohibited from possessing cell phones, electronic pagers and communication devices on school property during the regular school day. Students found in violation of possessing such devices will be punished to the full extent of school policy.

http://www.lowndesboe.org/Default.a...entID=10181&LMID=421775&ToggleSideNav=ShowAll

Any thoughts on why the belt buckle was unbuckled and pants were both unbuttoned and unzipped? Was he possibly changing in the locker room?

Shorts on underneath- mine all did/do it- always in a hurry

I was referring to the locker room that they mentioned had dried blood on the wall. And when the school made the statement about protecting the students, faculty, etc), maybe a fight did take place? No one wants to be held responsible IMO. The school doesn't even want to release the video, so I just thought it could be possible.

The school can't release the video. See FERPA laws as they apply to schools receiving government funding.

The police have seen the video, as have the school administrators - I would think if they show KJ being murdered, we'd know about it. The lawyer for the school board filed a motion to have the videos released, something the attorney for the family was free to do, but didn't. A hearing is set for the end of this month.
I have met with both the school attorney and the sheriff's attorney, more than once and both men tell me that a federal law called FERPA prohibits them from releasing videotape with children's faces visible, and that a judge's ruling is required. They have told this to Chevene King repeatedly, and he has refused to seek ruling from a judge. However, in mid-July, he told me that the school was "stonewalling" and refusing to release this videotape and he needed money to make legal filings to compel them to release the video. This is simply not true. As a result, the school attorney and the sheriff's attorney went ahead and set up a hearing in front of a judge and it is slated for the end of this month. [LINK]

I wouldn't over think all the apparent evidence that was overlooked. The timeline that was released based on the video footage just doesn't allow for a murder to take place, and concealing the body. He fell into that mat around 1pm and there was a class in that gym right after. The mat was in amongst a whole bunch of other vertical mats that had to be removed when his body was spotted the next morning. Neck trauma from the second autopsy could easily have occurred when his body was jammed inside that mat. As others have pointed out, since the opening is narrow, it would have been hard to push his fighting or unconscious body into that opening. If he contorted to reach down to get his second shoe (apparently his first was already out) he might have slipped in too deep. No way for him to get out, plus those mats probably did a good job of muffling his yelling for help if he even tried doing that.

For arguments sake, if there was blood on the wall, then there should have been a trail to the mats. They don't keep mats in locker rooms.

Video Released in Kendrick Johnson case. I love the way BCrump is acting as if he was instrumental in their release. As Leigh Touchton said in early October, the School board filed a motion to have them released so that Crump and King would stop saying they were stonewalling. The court hearing was set for today...and so it went.

There is nothing on the tapes that will help their case. What I hope does not happen is railroading of an innocent person. In his radio interview a few days ago, Crump implicated a white boy - no name, just a white boy. I really pray he does not unjustly target someone on the video.
Attorney Kings explains in the year 2011 Kendrick Johnson was involved in some sort of foul play with another young white male that attended the same school as Johnson. They got into an altercation or a fight and Johnson perhaps won the fight. The young white boy family then invites Johnson to their home to fight again but Johnson never came, no one has spoken to the family since. After that incident Kendrick was killed.
Kendrick, according to Crump, may have been dating a white girl as well.

The release of these tapes is not actually what Crump and King wanted - now they can't base allegations on what "might be" there, the tapes remove all doubt.

Video Released in Kendrick Johnson case. I love the way BCrump is acting as if he was instrumental in their release. As Leigh Touchton said in early October, the School board filed a motion to have them released so that Crump and King would stop saying they were stonewalling. The court hearing was set for today...and so it went.

There is nothing on the tapes that will help their case. What I hope does not happen is railroading of an innocent person. In his radio interview a few days ago, Crump implicated a white boy - no name, just a white boy. I really pray he does not unjustly target someone on the video.

The release of these tapes is not actually what Crump and King wanted - now they can't base allegations on what "might be" there, the tapes remove all doubt.

So glad you had that link. I was looking for it and couldn't find it. The spin is incredible. Not just from Crump but in ALL of the MSM. Implying or flat out saying that this is a "win" for Crump and the family when it's just what the school board has been wanting all along and the family had declined to ask for -- that the Court authorize the release so the school doesn't violate FERPA. Ridiculous, imo. That said, I don't think this will resolve anything. The school and LE have said all along that the videos don't show the mats. So unless that's a flat out lie, I don't see this doing anything but putting other students at risk. I predict this is going to get even uglier than it already is.

All jmo

So glad you had that link. I was looking for it and couldn't find it. The spin is incredible. Not just from Crump but in ALL of the MSM. Implying or flat out saying that this is a "win" for Crump and the family when it's just what the school board has been wanting all along and the family had declined to ask for -- that the Court authorize the release so the school doesn't violate FERPA. Ridiculous, imo. That said, I don't think this will resolve anything. The school and LE have said all along that the videos don't show the mats. So unless that's a flat out lie, I don't see this doing anything but putting other students at risk. I predict this is going to get even uglier than it already is.

All jmo

Standard operating procedure.

This case is so disturbing to me. It just does not seem possible that this boy injured himself that badly. I am hoping they will get more answers from the video.

This case is so disturbing to me. It just does not seem possible that this boy injured himself that badly. I am hoping they will get more answers from the video.

Not sure what you mean by the bold. If you're talking about his death in general, watch the video of the wrestlers "re-creating" being stuck upside down in one of those mats for just 15 seconds. It's on youtube and it's disturbing.

If you're talking about the way his face looked in the post-mortem shots, that's from being upside down in those conditions for so long, imo. If you're talking about the blunt force trauma, I think that's still up in the air but, in any event, it could have been caused by going into the mat or struggling once there. I agree, it's hard to imagine something like this happening as an accident. But, imo, all signs point to just that so far.

All jmo

It looks like he just walks in and never walks out.. That is so crazy. IT looked like as he was walking down the hall one of the guys said something to him but he stayed outside..

Do we know why K was walking in the gym?

Not sure what you mean by the bold. If you're talking about his death in general, watch the video of the wrestlers "re-creating" being stuck upside down in one of those mats for just 15 seconds. It's on youtube and it's disturbing.

If you're talking about the way his face looked in the post-mortem shots, that's from being upside down in those conditions for so long, imo. If you're talking about the blunt force trauma, I think that's still up in the air but, in any event, it could have been caused by going into the mat or struggling once there. I agree, it's hard to imagine something like this happening as an accident. But, imo, all signs point to just that so far.

All jmo

I don't know.. I just don't. What kid is going to climb upside down into a mat? It makes no sense.. you just flip it over and there is the shoe.

Yes I mean the blunt force trauma.

Videos released of Kendrick Johnson at school before his death. I saw no white kids go in.

In the start of the video a white kid with kaki pants red shirt walked in right before KJ.

Still don't think this white kid had anything to do with it.

In the start of the video a white kid with kaki pants red shirt walked in right before KJ.

Never seen in actually in gym. Still don't think this white kid had anything to do with it.
I think you are right...that is the kid they verified went straight to class. This is also likely the kid being scrutinized.

I don't know.. I just don't. What kid is going to climb upside down into a mat? It makes no sense.. you just flip it over and there is the shoe.

He couldn't flip it over because it was stored vertically in the midst of other mats over the holiday break and this was the first time he needed his shoes after break.

jmo

The mat was wedged in between 20 other mats. To a kid, it would have been easier to just try and reach the shoe(s). When he left the shoes there before Christmas break, the mats were lying down, his hiding place mat towards the top...thus, when stacked upright against the wall, his would have been further back.

It looks like he just walks in and never walks out.. That is so crazy. IT looked like as he was walking down the hall one of the guys said something to him but he stayed outside..

Do we know why K was walking in the gym?

To change his shoes before going to class. No one asked him, obviously, but that was the consensus based on previous habits as related by the other kids who also used the cheerleading mats as lockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3