GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never once do VB or AC mention that the cameras are motion activated..IOW, the time lapse will not show zero activity.

I have motion sensor cameras at my business and at home. When they detect motion they will start recording, but they miss the first few feet of when someone enters the frame. You can set the sensitivity also, but too sensitive of a setting and you get activation by bugs, shadows cast, etc. moo

This picture has always confused me, because it appears that the end of the mat where his head is, is pushed up against the wall.

His other shoe could have easily got over there, from them tossing the mats when trying to get to him.

I thought the same thing about how close it was the the wall.

I have motion sensor cameras at my business and at home. When they detect motion they will start recording, but they miss the first few feet of when someone enters the frame. You can set the sensitivity also, but too sensitive of a setting and you get activation by bugs, shadows cast, etc. moo

Motion activated are more cost effective, I would imagine, especially when they have to save the tapes over a period of time.

And the more I see it the more I think it is just not realistic to think he would think he could reach from the top 6 ft down and grab the shoe.

The young man was 5'10" and with one arm outstretched above his head, it is clearly possible.
6 feet is 72 inches.
5" 10" is 70 inches with an arm outstretched at least another 2" and probably 12".
Horrendous sad accident.
The mat was in the middle of other obviously heavy mats.
This case was investigated for four months by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the local Sheriff's Office which called in the GBI immediately. The autopsy was done by a Physician of the GBI. I have no reason to believe that the GBI, the Sheriffs Office, the school and "highly influential" people in the town joined in a conspiracy in this tragic death. A pair of fresh eyes is always good and a further investigation can't hurt. Bring in Dr. Braden and Perper for a 3rd autopsy.

One camera aimed at the general direction of the wrestling mat where Johnson was found appeared blurry. Lt. Jones said that was because it seemed to have been hit by a ball at some point.
But it did appear to show the moment when students in the gym noticed a body in the mat and a coach went over to see what was going on as other students continued to play basketball.
Seconds later, the coach and several students appear to tip over the surrounding mats to get to the body. A short time later, the gym clears out.
LINK

It seems a little strange to me with all the doors in the gym that are shown on the property map, there are only three cameras? Two show who went in and out but only one inside the gym that doesn't even give us the full picture of the gym? ....
SBM

On property map, you see only 3 cameras in gym proper?

In reviewing the gym map in vlpate's post 323, I see multiple cameras in the gym proper.
On lower (south on map) side of gym these cameras, left to right
G6......G5.....G4......G7 = 4 cameras.

Not saying how many were recording, just that I see 4 cameras.

JM2cts and I could be wrong. :seeya:

Victor Blackwell CNN (@VictorCNN) Unidentified person seen in blurry 12-second surveillance clip walking thru dark gym toward mats where #KendrickJohnson was found dead.

Anderson Cooper 360°Verified account
‏@AC360
We just isolated "Shadowy figure" in #KendrickJohnson evidence video. Next on #AC360

SBM

On property map, you see only 3 cameras in gym proper?

In reviewing the gym map in vlpate's post 323, I see multiple cameras in the gym proper.
On lower (south on map) side of gym these cameras, left to right
G6......G5.....G4......G7 = 4 cameras.

Not saying how many were recording, just that I see 4 cameras.

JM2cts and I could be wrong. :seeya:

They showed video of three views, the hallway outside of the gym, the one corner of the gym and a door exiting to the outside. Hence, the three cameras I referenced. So where is the footage from these other cameras?

Another question, the picture of the mats a few post up... Where are the bleachers? I thought the mats were stacked next to bleachers? How did he get up there?

Update: After I asked this question more footage was released. 36 cameras and NONE tell us what happened?! Seriously!

The one video pointing the direction of the mats is so blurry, why is it that blurry when the others are clear? And why didn't the school or the sherries department answer the question Anderson Cooper's people asked about whether or not the cameras are motion activated. Both statements from the school and Sheriff only state the footage was not edited.

Weird.

They showed video of three views, the hallway outside of the gym, the one corner of the gym and a door exiting to the outside. Hence, the three cameras I referenced. So where is the footage from these other cameras?

Another question, the picture of the mats a few post up... Where are the bleachers? I thought the mats were stacked next to bleachers? How did he get up there?

At 0:26 look quickly or freeze and you will see them to the left.
http://youtu.be/SRPg9RJYLfk

All? Only his one black/white NIKE shoe and the pair of Griffins he wore into the gym were found in the mat. His books he had with him when he entered the gym.

Actually he could have put his shoes on top of the mats that morning or the day before and one fell in. I find it hard to believe he retrieved one and then went after another. The shoes, size 9.5 IIRC, would easily slide to the bottom of a 14" opening so it's not like one would have been stuck halfway down.

It would be great to find a snag, something to change my view even a little, but there's just no evidence of foul play. JMO

What books did he have when he entered the gym? It looks to me both in the hallway video and the gym video that he is holding what looks like a yellow folder but that is all. I don't see any books.

This has baffled me since I read the sheriff's statement that his books were found nearby the mat. I didn't see any books in his hands or in the crime scene photos.

Serious question, no snark intended.

What books did he have when he entered the gym? It looks to me both in the hallway video and the gym video that he is holding what looks like a yellow folder but that is all. I don't see any books.

This has baffled me since I read the sheriff's statement that his books were found nearby the mat. I didn't see any books in his hands or in the crime scene photos.

Serious question, no snark intended.

The book is in a crime scene photo...actually I think a video that I watched earlier and took a screenshot of but forgot to paste. Pretty sure it is the CNN video that everyone references.

Wow, those bleachers are nothing like I had imagined. I was picturing rows of seating reaching close to the height of the mats.

I am not seeing the bleachers. Is it more of a bench? Also I pictured more mats. They seem pretty tall when considering reaching down into the bottom of one. As others have pointed out, could he see his shoes down there? I have always felt this was an accident but the pictures are interesting. As a parent I know I would have questions too.

ETA: Just read the post stating the bleachers are at :26 on the video. It was the bench which was not what I pictured either.

I am not seeing the bleachers. Is it more of a bench? Also I pictured more mats. They seem pretty tall when considering reaching down into the bottom of one. As others have pointed out, could he see his shoes down there? I have always felt this was an accident but the pictures are interesting. As a parent I know I would have questions too.

You have to sort through hundreds of photos and videos to get a good idea of the layout of the gym. It would have been nice if there had been a good investigative reporter who walked the gym, pointed out the cameras, etc.
but you can search lowndes winter corp or flag corp on YouTube and see a video of the gym/bleachers/mats in the background.
If you look at this photo, you can see a sliver of the metal bleachers on the left, above the yellow mat.
131106-gymmat-4a.photoblog600.jpg
[/IMG]

Question? I can't listen to the volume of the video, but who the heck was videotaping walking into the gym and over to the scene? Was that a released LE video or restaging for media, or the scene was unattended and media got in??!!

"....Benjamin Crump, a family attorney, told CNN's 'Anderson Cooper 360.'
" 'His parents have always said, all they want to know is the truth. And this video tape seems to tell us that the truth has not come out yet -- almost as if something was done with this one video to help conceal the truth. But we're going to keep pressing to get the truth to this murder mystery,' he added." SBM BBM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/

Link to vid of KJ's dad saying (~ :45 sec.) his son was murdered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRPg9RJYLfk&feature=youtu.be
No link ATM but an article quoted him saying someone should go to jail (maybe he said prison) for his son's death.

So which is it?
Sounds like they will not be satisfied w the truth, if LE cannot find evidence the prosecutor believes is sufficient to go to trial,
so a jury will believe that someone is guilty of [some kind of homicide] beyond a reasonable doubt.
Or do the parents just want someone in confinement?

JM2cts and I may be wrong. :seeya:

"....Benjamin Crump, a family attorney, told CNN's 'Anderson Cooper 360.'
" 'His parents have always said, all they want to know is the truth. And this video tape seems to tell us that the truth has not come out yet -- almost as if something was done with this one video to help conceal the truth. But we're going to keep pressing to get the truth to this murder mystery,' he added." SBM BBM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/us/georgia-gym-mat-death/

Sorry I do not have a link at the moment, but I distinctly recall seeing vid w KJ's dad saying KJ was murdered.
Another clip showed him saying someone should go to jail (maybe he said prison) for his son's death.

So which is it?
If parents insist someone to go to jail or prison, sounds like they will not be satisfied w the truth, if LE cannot find evidence the prosecutor believes is sufficient to go to trial, so a jury will believe that someone is guilty of [some kind of homicide] beyond a reasonable doubt.
Or do the parents just want someone in confinement?

JM2cts andI may be wrong. :seeya:

I think they simply want the truth and are very distrustful of the investigation. I can't say I blame them. If he were mine, I'd want proof too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question? I can't listen to the volume of the video, but who the heck was videotaping walking into the gym and over to the scene? Was that a released LE video or restaging for media, or the scene was unattended and media got in??!!

I have no idea, but I would think this video came from CSI because KJ's body was still in the mat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3