Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall. Denial is not a word that I think will be relevant in this case. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels more like cover up than denial. The missing report timeline is the biggest flag, for me. Did school put pressure on needing to know her wheteabouts or needing missing report?

I'm feeling Shamika saying Relisha Rudd is under the care of Dr. Tatum (who Is really the janitor) and is fine. Nothing to see here. Move along. Except she's still missing and Tatum killed himself. And he's no doctor

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Yall. Denial is not a word that I think will be relevant in this case. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels more like cover up than denial. The missing report timeline is the biggest flag, for me. Did school put pressure on needing to know her wheteabouts or needing missing report?

I'm feeling Shamika saying Relisha Rudd is under the care of Dr. Tatum (who Is really the janitor) and is fine. Nothing to see here. Move along. Except she's still missing and Tatum killed himself. And he's no doctor

I totally agree. This feels wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM for focus:
"Deputies say after a bystander spotted the stepfather, Leon Tripp, in Atlanta by the Stop'N'Shop on Lee Street, alone, investigators issued the arrest warrant for Tripp on kidnapping charges.

Investigators say the bystander positively identified the cross tattoo in the middle of Tripp's forehead." (BBM)
http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/In...o-missing-from-Richmond-County-420102333.html

Though I have not read anything to that effect, maybe LE was able to verify the witness's claim by reviewing CCTV footage as well.

The tattoo is kind of hard to miss. This is exactly why this case needs more MSM coverage: The more people know what LaTania and Leon look like, the more likely they will be found sooner rather than later, IMO.

0001099576.jpg

I think you can kind of make out the cross tattoo in this photo as well--but he does look very different. Maybe it is the lighting?

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=36055bf2e9804b54a237be1033e3b62c&oe=59AE5552

Mpnola, I agree with the coverup theory. I was just waiting for someone to say it.

Which kind of explains the seeming lack of urgency and utter silence on the part of LE. There is no rush to find LaTania because ... :(.
I'm curious if people's opinions on this are leaning toward covering up a death or covering up that she has been taken for some sinister purpose like trafficking?

I'm curious if people's opinions on this are leaning toward covering up a death or covering up that she has been taken for some sinister purpose like trafficking?
I fear the worst, and have from early on. Based on his criminal history, Tripp is a violent, dangerous man, IMO. Maybe the mom thought he could "save" him? I'm just so very sad for LaTania and her little sister. She must be missing her big sis terribly.

I fear the worst, and have been from early on. Based on his criminal history, Tripp is a violent, dangerous man, IMO. Maybe the mom thought he could "save" him? I'm just so very sad for LaTania and her little sister. She must be missing her big sis terribly.

Too bad Janell could not be saved.

I fear the worst, and have from early on. Based on his criminal history, Tripp is a violent, dangerous man, IMO. Maybe the mom thought he could "save" him? I'm just so very sad for LaTania and her little sister. She must be missing her big sis terribly.
okay.. so to explore the theory that perhaps LaTania suffered a violent attack and is no longer with us.. why would the attacker also disappear but mom isn't speaking ill of him? Just saving face to avoid beimg known as the wife of a murderer? Just the wife of a suspected kidnapper? All my opinion/speculation.

okay.. so to explore the theory that perhaps LaTania suffered a violent attack and is no longer with us.. why would the attacker also disappear but mom isn't speaking ill of him? Just saving face to avoid beimg known as the wife of a murderer? Just the wife of a suspected kidnapper? All my opinion/speculation.

Some women still protect their man even at the cost of their child and I pray this is not the case. It is strange if he harmed LaTania and mom was covering for him that she would say he is the one who left with her.

For now i still believe the story of them leaving together. However i think mom was complicit with this man having "relationship" with her daughter. Now its seems that janell was possibly harmed/trafficked she is in cya mode.

I can't see this woman allowing them to have a relationship. She strikes me as a jealous type who wouldn't tolerate that.

If she's covering I think it's because she believes he's only pimping her to other men. Who knows what has actually happened.

Sadly trafficking is likely the best case scenario. At least she'd be alive.

Here is her Instagram. Will someone please look at it and then click on the "prettyt" link and tell me what you think?
https://www.instagram.com/pretty_tania2001/
I have been checking LaTania's IG account and the "prettyt" WP site daily.

Surely, LE have been able to figure out the IP address of the device that was used to set up and/or add the May 5th update to the WP site ... unless it was a fake one ...? And if there are "professional" human-traffickers involved, then they would surely know how to get one, too - :sigh:.

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there---but when I look at that particular picture of the two of them, I see 2 people pretending to be 'a couple.' When I look in her eyes, I don't see a girl posing with her stepfather---I saw a girl that has been lured and tricked emotionally...

And I see him smirking and I want to slap the smirk off his face...Ahem....

That photo reminds me of child brides in polygymous cults

A reporter should talk to her friends. The mom is obviously not altogether there, but if Janell had a best friend, she might have shared secrets or plans. Were they involved? Was she pregnant? Hopefully, the detectives have done this.

If their truck is abandoned a mile from the house and he shows up in Atlanta four days later, that suggests he had another vehicle stashed or more likely, he met someone with a vehicle.

Meeting a third person suggests trafficking. You probably don't meet up with someone else if you're eloping.

A place to look for her might be Atlanta's Backpages.com among the black F's claiming to be 18-19. There's a depressingly large number of ads, though.

Some women still protect their man even at the cost of their child and I pray this is not the case. It is strange if he harmed LaTania and mom was covering for him that she would say he is the one who left with her.

I don't think mom is covering anything she has done. I think she is just blind as a bat and desperately wants to believe he married her out of love---and not because he was in prison, looking for a soft landing, and took a liking to her beautiful young daughter.

I think mom is in major denial about his evil motivations. :headinsand:

I am leaning towards LaTania leaving voluntarily with him, AT FIRST. I think he groomed her for quite some time, but I don't believe she thought she was never coming back home. :cry:

I think the sold her...

I don't think mom is covering anything she has done. I think she is just blind as a bat and desperately wants to believe he married her out of love---and not because he was in prison, looking for a soft landing, and took a liking to her beautiful young daughter.

I think mom is in major detail about his motivations. :headinsand:

I am leaning towards LaTania leaving voluntarily with him, AT FIRST. I think he groomed her for quite some time, but I don't believe she thought she was never coming back home. :cry:

I think the sold her...

I think you are probably right. :(

I think you are probably right. :(
I'm usually right with you and Katy. So yall help me get past her not calling them missing for several days..... I mean if she thought they legit went to help a friend in the middle of the night, why wouldn't she have been concerned the next day?

I'm usually right with you and Katy. So yall help me get past her not calling them missing for several days..... I mean if she thought they legit went to help a friend in the middle of the night, why wouldn't she have been concerned the next day?

From reading the FB, and comments from her family, it seems like she always made excuses for her husband, and enabled him by turning a blinds eye. I think she kind of knew he had run off but she did not want to deal with it at first. She wanted to think he was off partying and they'd return soon. ---imo

And if she called the police, she knew it would be very very bad for him. So she stalled, hoping they'd show up safe and sound. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper