GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniels appears to be a socially awkward pleaser. That means if he was talking to reporters and got upset and left....he would be feeling obligated to go back and finish the engagement.

He knows they are out there, and he knows he left the conversation and they want to talk to him so he goes back.

Sort of like listening to the phone ring endlessly, some folks can say "forget it" and other folks are really bothered by it and feel the need to answer it.

I agree that he seems to be a socially awkward pleaser, he exhibited that both with the reporters and the police. Then again, a classic tactic for lying to cover a greater crime is to appear open about lesser details.

When there is a great deal of mutilation to a body post-mortem it tends to indicate some psychosis, some break from reality, not to suggest that the person is walking around hearing voices all the time but they move in and out of touch with reality [not to the point that they always get to plead insanity, Danny Rolling is a perfect example]. I saw that in McDaniel's eyes, that break with reality, but it could be completely innocent and unrelated and a result of trauma. I'm just saying I saw him snap in that court appearance, he wasn't there.

Apparently LE was alarmed by the way in which he went about describing the way these people kept their condoms. I think that in concert with the fact that he entered the apartments unlawfully and then one of his neighbors turned up as just a torso on the property, cops had plenty to be suspicious about regarding McD. Stealing condoms via burglary compulsively when you're not even sexually active potentially points to some kind of paraphilic tendencies, even if not dangerous [seems voyeuristic in nature]. :twocents:

Source did say that the luminol turned up some blood evidence in McD's apartment but who knows whose blood it is until the tests come back.

Preaching to the choir on your thoughts regarding the condom theft. My imagination already went to what you described and filled in all the gaps in between. Plus, I think there is more than just the condoms, MOO.

I also get creepy vibes when reading the transcripts from the video interview. He starts some sentences with "I" and then quickly changes to "we". It seems like he is intentionally distancing himself from Lauren.

But I've been wrong before, sometimes my hinky meter malfunctions ...

Truth thank you for picture, I have never seen that device. I wonder if Lauren used it faithfully?

Angelanalyzes, I kind of thought he was just aware of the camera and was staring straight ahead.

Preaching to the choir on your thoughts regarding the condom theft. My imagination already went to what you described and filled in all the gaps in between. Plus, I think there is more than just the condoms, MOO.

I also get creepy vibes when reading the transcripts from the video interview. He starts some sentences with "I" and then quickly changes to "we". It seems like he is intentionally distancing himself from Lauren.

But I've been wrong before, sometimes my hinky meter malfunctions ...
You mean like this, Knox?
MCDANIEL: But I -- we've been trying to figure out. She has a boyfriend up in Atlanta, but I'm -- someone called her -- called him, and he hadn't heard from her. And no one could figure out where she was.

MCDANIEL: No, I'm -- we -- the police were called last night, and they came. And they looked around and they didn't see anything. I mean, they went in...
For those who might've missed it, Destini's transcript of the interview starts in this post:
McDaniel Interview Transcript

And to hear it with your own ears:

Audio of McDaniel Interview with NewsCentral Reporter MichelleQuezada aired on WMAC-AM

Truth thank you for picture, I have never seen that device. I wonder if Lauren used it faithfully?

Angelanalyzes, I kind of thought he was just aware of the camera and was staring straight ahead.

It was also apparent in the video with reporters, he was odd and he definitely tried to modify pronouns but that could be his legal brain at work, can't take it away from the kid, he did graduate Mercer law school right? Still, that weirdness in addition to his other weird ''hobbies'', can't rule on him for sure either way at this point.
Lomaker pointed out to me a similar murder from the late 90's, only a torso recovered dumped in a ditch, one of her hands were later found and that's all. Still unsolved. Happened right in Macon. The victimology is drastically different in race, appearance, socio-economic...and because of those differences the case has very little media coverage, sadly, so it's hard to get information about the case. Gonna be arriving in Macon tomorrow and I hope I can get more information on that case and this one once I'm there.

You mean like this, Knox?
For those who might've missed it, Destini's transcript of the interview starts in this post:
McDaniel Interview Transcript

And to hear it with your own ears:

Audio of McDaniel Interview with NewsCentral Reporter MichelleQuezada aired on WMAC-AM

It would be interesting to know whether or not he knew about the body having been recovered prior to when the reporter asked about it, if the cops had mentioned it to him and if part of their suspicions can be attributed to that incongruousness regarding his shocked reaction.
I will say his breathlessness on the one hand seems genuine. If he's not guilty this is a sad case of a really nice guy who even helped her when her dog was hit by a car getting a really bad reputation because he has some quirks and was helpful. Guilty of being eccentric while proximal.
If you look at it another way, he does try to push the notion, either innocently or intentionally, that she must have been abducted by someone while outside of her apartment while running or by some hoodlum. Either that's because he really believed so or it's because he wanted to draw attention away from the apartment.
If he's innocent, poor kid man.

It was also apparent in the video with reporters, he was odd and he definitely tried to modify pronouns but that could be his legal brain at work, can't take it away from the kid, he did graduate Mercer law school right? Still, that weirdness in addition to his other weird ''hobbies'', can't rule on him for sure either way at this point.
Lomaker pointed out to me a similar murder from the late 90's, only a torso recovered dumped in a ditch, one of her hands were later found and that's all. Still unsolved. Happened right in Macon. The victimology is drastically different in race, appearance, socio-economic...and because of those differences the case has very little media coverage, sadly, so it's hard to get information about the case. Gonna be arriving in Macon tomorrow and I hope I can get more information on that case and this one once I'm there.

were you called into help with the investigation or something?

I bought my son and his wife one of those doorjams when they lived in a little apartment over a store. It did stop the neighbor from coming in on my daughter in law when my son was at work one day. That was when they decided to move out. It is very effective. Even without the alarm turned on.

I was wondering about the "I" and "I'm" starts. Could it have been some difference in accents and been more of an "Uh" or "Um" thing? Even in Georgia, there are varied accents. When you get nervous or upset, those old roots start showing and you tend to slip back into old habits and accents from the past. I know when I get upset, my Georgia falls all out of my mouth when usually people don't realize I was born and raised here.

I am also very curious about these so-called sources. What type of sources are revealing all this info that has not been made public? I am confused on how they can cover up something like missing students. I know THIS mama would not sit idly by and not run to reporters to help find my missing child. I'd be front and center in front of every camera I could find begging for information.

Ok, a couple of questions that have been really nagging at me:

If Lauren truly sent the email out to a "friend in Atlanta," telling them that "hoodlums tried to break in her apartment," why were they unsuccessful? Did she have the door jam in place? If so, wouldn't the framing around the door be messed up? Did Lauren contact the police? Why didn't friends wonder sooner why she wasn't in contact, after getting an email like that?

Is is possible that the killer created his own "fake" email account, with a fake name, and sent the email to that account? Who determined while he and the other guy were reading the email, that the person was from Atlanta?

Just all kinds of questions running through my head right now.

I bought my son and his wife one of those doorjams when they lived in a little apartment over a store. It did stop the neighbor from coming in on my daughter in law when my son was at work one day. That was when they decided to move out. It is very effective. Even without the alarm turned on.

I was wondering about the "I" and "I'm" starts. Could it have been some difference in accents and been more of an "Uh" or "Um" thing? Even in Georgia, there are varied accents. When you get nervous or upset, those old roots start showing and you tend to slip back into old habits and accents from the past. I know when I get upset, my Georgia falls all out of my mouth when usually people don't realize I was born and raised here.

I am also very curious about these so-called sources. What type of sources are revealing all this info that has not been made public? I am confused on how they can cover up something like missing students. I know THIS mama would not sit idly by and not run to reporters to help find my missing child. I'd be front and center in front of every camera I could find begging for information.

Tooo funny, I know exactly what you mean.

Normally when I transcribe something like this, I would leave out any um's, false starts, that type thing, but in this case I tried to put every little sound in. Some of the "I'm's" could have been "um's". You would have to listen & judge for yourself. Not directing this at you in particular but anyone reading the transcript.

Even though transcribing tapes is something I do on a regular basis, please remember that this is not OFFICIAL but something I did hurriedly yesterday & did not spend a lot of time overanalyzing to make it "perfect." Thus, some of the inaudibles & possible name misspellings.

Tooo funny, I know exactly what you mean.

Normally when I transcribe something like this, I would leave out any um's, false starts, that type thing, but in this case I tried to put every little sound in. Some of the "I'm's" could have been "um's". You would have to listen & judge for yourself. Not directing this at you in particular but anyone reading the transcript.

Even though transcribing tapes is something I do on a regular basis, please remember that this is not OFFICIAL but something I did hurriedly yesterday & did not spend a lot of time overanalyzing to make it "perfect." Thus, some of the inaudibles & possible name misspellings.

I was wondering because if you are not from a certain area, it can be difficult to discern local accents and inflections sometimes. Especially on a recording like this. Plus, it could be a nervous habit of his. Without hearing his speaking before this event, we can't be sure.

I tried to listen to it all yesterday, but my computer speakers stink and I didn't have any earbuds handy. Hopefully, I can listen to it today sometime. I appreciate the transcript because I do have a hard time listening to recordings on here. Thank you for that.

When I first heard the interviews I almost felt as though he was having a hard time focusing or holding a train of thought because he does this change of pronoun stop-start thing at the beginning of almost each answer he gives. It's very awkward.

Btw, thanks Bessie for being a great moderator! It's much more peaceful here recently. I feel much more at ease posting now without all the negative and sarcastic responses to comments.

I agree that he seems to be a socially awkward pleaser, he exhibited that both with the reporters and the police. Then again, a classic tactic for lying to cover a greater crime is to appear open about lesser details.

That was the only logic that made sense to me. Whether he did it or not, having the attitude "Yes I did these burglaries, but nothing else!"

Also with regard to the condoms, why not just tell police that he didn't plan on staying a virgin forever and the condoms were just there for when he might one day need them? Unless there was something else about their placement (maybe out of the wrapper or used) that seemed amiss.

Btw, thanks Bessie for being a great moderator! It's much more peaceful here recently. I feel much more at ease posting now without all the negative and sarcastic responses to comments.

I am new on WS. I was not aware of the prior snarkiness and have enjoyed reading all the comments.

I have fancied myself an amateur detective since I was about 8 years old and solved the crime at my summer camp of who was stealing all the candy from the campers. Plus even though I am not an attorney, both my grandfathers were and one was a judge as well. I've always thought I had "lawyer blood" running through my veins..although my background (education/emloyment) is psychology.

Anyway, I would like to ask if anyone is considering where her other parts could possibly be? I see three solutions at this juncture since the landfill and sewer/storm drains have been searched and so far no neighbors or citizens have come forth with reporting "foul odors":
1. The parts have been transported somewhere in a car to a very remote desolate location.
2. The parts have all been buried together at a location that has been undetected by sight or smell.
3. The parts were bagged and weighted and thrown in a body of water in order to be undetected by sight or smell.
JMO but would like to know thoughts. LG family needs closure and have mentioned that they want her other parts found.

Anyway, I would like to ask if anyone is considering where her other parts could possibly be? I see three solutions at this juncture since the landfill and sewer/storm drains have been searched and so far no neighbors or citizens have come forth with reporting "foul odors":
1. The parts have been transported somewhere in a car to a very remote desolate location.
2. The parts have all been buried together at a location that has been undetected by sight or smell.
3. The parts were bagged and weighted and thrown in a body of water in order to be undetected by sight or smell.
JMO but would like to know thoughts. LG family needs closure and have mentioned that they want her other parts found.

quote respectfully snipped for length

Hi! I wanted to respond to this because it's something that has puzzled me, too. Aside from the obvious problem in most crimes that there is simply so much area to cover, Macon is surrounded by many rural counties that consist of state/federal managed lands, private property and commercial concerns. There is a river (the Ocmulgee) which parts of I-75 and I-16 run over, and happens to be perhaps a tenth of a mile from LG's apt. bldg. Downtown is overrun with vacant buildings. There are so many places that the mind boggles. I know this can be of no comfort to the Giddings family, but the lack of infrastructure and rural surroundings provides more than ample cover for hiding/disposing of anything.

Hope this helps...

I am new on WS. I was not aware of the prior snarkiness and have enjoyed reading all the comments.

I have fancied myself an amateur detective since I was about 8 years old and solved the crime at my summer camp of who was stealing all the candy from the campers. Plus even though I am not an attorney, both my grandfathers were and one was a judge as well. I've always thought I had "lawyer blood" running through my veins..although my background (education/emloyment) is psychology.

Welcome! :) This is the part that baffles me the most. WHY leave just the torso? If the other parts were disposed of in any one of the ways as you have suggested, the torso would have been easy to dispose of that way too. This suggests to me that the perp wanted the torso to be found. But WHY? That's a pretty gutsy thing to do IMO. And right on or near the apartment complex property?

This case is so bizarre...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member