GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downtown Macon is not ful of crime, it the out laying areas within the city limits. I went to a catholic school in downtown and would walk everyday to my mothers office which is on the other side of Coleman hill, which is right across the street from where LG lived. Downtown is a safe place to work, live and go to school its the areas to the west, east and south. Of downtown that is dangerous.
Lg's body was placed outside the apartment for one of two reasons.
1. To thumb his or her nose at Le or for the crime to be seen on tv and to get a since of superiority.
2. Because he or she cared for LG. And wanted to let her family and friends have some sort of closure.

There is a lot more to this case. We are all just sitting and waiting for the shoe to drop. There are supposedly 2 more missingcollege students but I have yet to be able to confirm this. I do not see a link to the 1997 torso that was found. The mo is not the same. Only the dismembement is.
I wonder how many other college towns in the southeast have had similar crimes. I wonder if the F.B.I. has been tracking someone and that is way they were on lg's case so quickly?
Another oddity is the assumption of a night time abduction or killing, a time of death has apparently not been established.
Any thoughts on any of this?

I'm only assuming the attack took place at night based on the fact that no one heard from Lauren the following morning. I don't know what her habits were, but I know the first thing I do in the morning (while I'm getting ready) is check my Facebook and Twitter from my BlackBerry and respond to text messages and emails. I'm guessing that most people around my age (I'm 30 yrs old) have similar patterns. I believe they found her phone in her apartment? And if it had texts or Facebook notifications that went un-read - it's a pretty good bet that she didn't have access to her phone when the text or notification was received.

Also, it sounds like LE believes the crime scene is the apartment complex. Isn't the location in a pretty well-traveled area of Macon? I just assumed night time would provide more of a cover for the crime. One wouldn't need to worry as much about passerby's hearing or seeing anything suspicious.

Thanks for the welcome!

My daughter and her friends always walked through the alleys to get to where they were going. They liked the shortcuts. And I am worried now. She is still living down there. She is only a few blocks from the house she was in before. Only comes home every week or so. She has made Macon a second home. It can be very beautiful on one hand, and very dangerous on the other. This crime is above and beyond anything any of us can imagine.

I do want to know about these other missing college students. Are they Mercer students? Or are they from the other colleges there? Or, best of all, is it just a rumor and no more students are missing?

Just got news from the same source who revealed a few days before it was released to the media that the police had to use so much luminol in the apartment they had to order some in to finish the job. He tells me this: McD told the cops he was a virgin, then they spotted lots of condoms in his apartment, at which point he told them he took the condoms from neighboring apartments and in great detail described exactly where the neighbors kept their condoms.

So what the heck does that mean?! He's soooo painfully awkward that he's stock piling condoms from neighbours so that when he's no longer a virgin he'll never have to go to the store? Or is this indicative of something so much more sinister? Whether or not he's involved in what happened to LG I feel like this is worrisome behaviour.

Lg's body was placed outside the apartment for one of two reasons.
1. To thumb his or her nose at Le or for the crime to be seen on tv and to get a since of superiority.
2. Because he or she cared for LG. And wanted to let her family and friends have some sort of closure....
Another oddity is the assumption of a night time abduction or killing, a time of death has apparently not been established.
Any thoughts on any of this?

I think the body was dumped there because it was convenient. The killer probably dumped the body parts in different areas (a head, legs, and arms would be easy to hide while your are carrying them out) because they are smaller but he/she ran out of time on the torso.

I think we're assuming a nighttime killing because LG used her computer and phone last on Saturday. A person her age wakes and sleeps with a phone/computer by her side. If she wasn't using them, it would be highly unusual. Also, the bar review course she was using was an online course (per the McD interview). She would have been using her computer for study. The police have stated that she last used that computer Saturday.

Just got news from the same source who revealed a few days before it was released to the media that the police had to use so much luminol in the apartment they had to order some in to finish the job. He tells me this: McD told the cops he was a virgin, then they spotted lots of condoms in his apartment, at which point he told them he took the condoms from neighboring apartments and in great detail described exactly where the neighbors kept their condoms.

That's what the two counts of burglary are?

On the luminol, did your source say whether there were indications of blood and in which apartment?

I'm only assuming the attack took place at night based on the fact that no one heard from Lauren the following morning. I don't know what her habits were, but I know the first thing I do in the morning (while I'm getting ready) is check my Facebook and Twitter from my BlackBerry and respond to text messages and emails. I'm guessing that most people around my age (I'm 30 yrs old) have similar patterns. I believe they found her phone in her apartment? And if it had texts or Facebook notifications that went un-read - it's a pretty good bet that she didn't have access to her phone when the text or notification was received.

I think you have a really good point---I mean, I'm totally an email, fb, twitter junkie, but it has been pointed out to me by a number of friends who have recently graduated Mercer Law that when you're studying for the bar, you can go underground, so to speak, indefinitely. So, our first issue is that we don't know her normal frequency on email, phone and social media. Second, we don't really know how her massive study effort weighed into what her normal frequency would be.

I believe that this is truly a point of conjecture on anyone's part right now. The absence of communication still doesn't establish a time. But, you're totally right---most people that I know in the under 40 bracket are super interactive via smartphones, etc...

IMO these burglaries are not as benignly innocent as in some's opinion..

It is NOT a goofy dude just blurting out that he stole some cookies, tissue, or detergent.. Number one if it were anything as benign as those.. Well.. Obvious the stolen items would not still have been located as they were.. Nor if he did still have the stolen cookies and detergent would LE have any clue whatsoever that they were stolen but rather assume they were SM's..

That is not the case hear and is completely false and misleading.. He didn't goofily say hey I broke in to some apts, bur rather during LE searching his apt they located these stolen items and no genius can easily see that the items were obviously not SM's.. Meaning they stood out as obviously not his and LE is keeping hushed but they have been labeled as intimate items that were stolen, obvious to NOT BE MCD's own personal property.. Along with those intimate items(not cookies and not tissue) there was also located a master key to every apt in the complex that was McD's..

So understand there were some pretty damning items located in the search... This again, was not a goofy guy admitting to having his hand caught in a neighbor's cookie jar.. That is false and misleading to say it is..

You get a much clearer picture of why McD is held when the true items that were found in his possession are truthfully told.. There is nothing pointing to his innocence with him admitting to these burglaries as is being painted to be.. But rather when caught with some damning evidence many criminal minds realize their best bet is to fully admit to lesser of evils(obviously theft in comparison to murder) and in doing so they feel as tho they will appear forthcoming and truthful about something like theft therefor more believable in their claims of nothing to do with the murder..

Knowing the true way that it's unfolded gives a much more accurate picture of why McD is held and no one's
Rights are being violated because at the very least he is guilty of breaking and entering and theft.. He is where he should be until the FBI evidence is in and either clears him in the murder or seals his fate with evidence against him..

That's what is truly going on here.. Nothing against SM personally.. Only he is to blame for being incarcerated..

Smooth, do you have a link where LE states that they located stolen items in his apartment and the nature of those items?

I admit that I've not been able to keep up with each and every article, though I think I've read 99%. But in case I missed that information, I'd appreciate a link.

Additionally, we have to bear in mind that the information Angel has provided, while titillating, is still rumor and cannot be construed nor stated as fact.

ETA:
She said McDaniel is accused of stealing "personal items" from neighbors' apartments, but would not describe the.
I asked if he was stealing TVs, stereos, jewelry, and she said, no, "We are perplexed because these are not items of big value."
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134172/153/Bail-Revoked-for-Missing-Womans-Neighbor

Have any more specific descriptions been reported?

He is where he should be until the FBI evidence is in and either clears him in the murder or seals his fate with evidence against him..

Unless they've charged him with something besides the burglaries he should be given a quick hearing on bail. He can't be locked up until the state gets around to him.

There is something that sticks out about the discussion here, and this is just a comment/question: Why do we presume/assume that this crime happened at night? All we really know (to my reading) is that the last LG was accounted for sometime after 10pm on that Saturday. There is a wide breadth of time between then and the report of her being missing.

Welcome Mind!

Another question; do we know that perp didnt hold her for a short time before killing her? Might explain a few things in my mind.
JMO

Welcome Mind!

Another question; do we know that perp didnt hold her for a short time before killing her? Might explain a few things in my mind.
JMO

That's interesting...it's possible that she was nabbed Sat night or Sun a.m. and held somewhere but there's still the problem of the body ending up back in her own yard. Why do that if the crime scene wasn't the apartment? I know some have hypothesized that it was to taunt the police or to give closure to LG's family and friends, but neither of those feel right to me. Don't killers who "care" for the person they kill usually ensure their body appears dignified? Fully clothed, not posed provocatively, and certainly not missing limbs? As for the theory that it was to taunt the police...wouldn't the taunts have continued? Why have them find the torso and then just stop baiting them?

This may be a stupid question, but why in the world would McD need to disclose to LE that he is a virgin?

Unless they've charged him with something besides the burglaries he should be given a quick hearing on bail. He can't be locked up until the state gets around to him.
His next bond hearing is scheduled for Thursday, July 14.

Buford has requested bond for McDaniel. A bond hearing is scheduled for Friday, July 14.

The bond hearing would be held at the Bibb County Law Enforcement Center and presided over by Judge Tripp Self, according to Sandra Mason, a clerk to Superior Court Judge Martha Christian.
http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/police-are-not-questioning-mcdaniel-defense-lawyer-says/54970

This may be a stupid question, but why in the world would McD need to disclose to LE that he is a virgin?

Ha! Not stupid! I was thinking the same thing. He's definitely an over-sharer on the interviews we've seen with the press. I imagine LE asked if he and LG had ever had a sexual relationship and instead of saying "no, never" McD said "no, never, I'm a virgin and have never had sex with anyone".

IF that's true, it probably came about during questioning about his involvement with women, or his attraction to women, if not LG specifically.

A healthy 25 year old 6 foot tall male could most certainly move the body of a 140 lb or so female. Carry? Most likely yes. Move? Definitely.

The average healthy adult female could also move a 140 lb body if they had too. Sure it might involve dragging (if premeditated bring a little cart) but it could certainly be done. If it could be moved/dragged with reasonable effort... no one would whip out the hacksaw and spend lord knows how much time cutting the body up just because it is a somewhat lighter load.

Yeah, IMO, no matter how heavy a body is (to a certain point), it would always be easier for me to handle if I left it in one piece instead of creating an enormous mess by dismembering it. It'd still be pretty unwieldy, not to mention the problems created by fluids.

Also, it sounds like LE believes the crime scene is the apartment complex. Isn't the location in a pretty well-traveled area of Macon? I just assumed night time would provide more of a cover for the crime. One wouldn't need to worry as much about passerby's hearing or seeing anything suspicious.

BBM- McD himself said that Lauren's phone was in her apartment (on the couch I think). The battery was dead, so the friends who entered the apartment to check on her charged the phone for a few minutes and checked her calls and texts.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that whatever happened to Lauren occurred that night/predawn the next morning. I'm still not sure about that 10:30 email, so I discount that as a time marker. LE has not said anything about her cell phone records yet, but her Mom said that Lauren was texting her that night.

Welcome Mind!

JMO

That's interesting...it's possible that she was nabbed Sat night or Sun a.m. and held somewhere but there's still the problem of the body ending up back in her own yard. Why do that if the crime scene wasn't the apartment? I know some have hypothesized that it was to taunt the police or to give closure to LG's family and friends, but neither of those feel right to me. Don't killers who "care" for the person they kill usually ensure their body appears dignified? Fully clothed, not posed provocatively, and certainly not missing limbs? As for the theory that it was to taunt the police...wouldn't the taunts have continued? Why have them find the torso and then just stop baiting them?

The timeline still bothers me, guys. The thing is that anything seems to be possible in the time between ~10:30pm on that Saturday and the time that her friends called in the missing persons alert. Granted, it would seem that between Sat night and Monday would be the most logical, but of any of this, we have no proof.

Guess we're on the hook for waiting until the FBI findings are pressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966