GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend said that they saw an interview with the coroner and they asked if Lauren Giddings was the worse case he has ever seen. He said that it was the second worse, but that the torso was so disturbing that after he saw her he sat in his car and cried. That's very disturbing.

Does anyone know where to find this interview?

I remember the coroner being on camera a couple of times -- most clearly, the interview where he was debunking the "serial killer" rumor text messages -- but don't recall anything like what you describe. Is your friend in a position where he/she might have had the opportunity to view a "raw" interview tape that didn't air entirely and wasn't posted online? (I can see how a TV station possibly might have opted not to air those kinds of comments on a regular newscast.)

Or could it maybe have been a radio interview? (I don't know of any with coroner on this case, but there may have been one.)

A friend said that they saw an interview with the coroner and they asked if Lauren Giddings was the worse case he has ever seen. He said that it was the second worse, but that the torso was so disturbing that after he saw her he sat in his car and cried. That's very disturbing.

Does anyone know where to find this interview?

You can find it here: http://www.newscentralga.com/news/live-at-five/LiveFive-92711-130764263.html?skipthumb=Y

Giddings discussion starts at about 8:30.

Thanks, Mcmunn -- good find. I sure couldn't seem to hunt it down. And thanks givsmetheshivers for the heads-up on this.

This is fairly recent.

Thanks, Mcmunn -- good find. I sure couldn't seem to hunt it down. And thanks givsmetheshivers for the heads-up on this.

This is fairly recent.

I saw it... that's how I knew where it was. :)

I saw it... that's how I knew where it was. :)

:(

After victims, their families, and their loved ones; my heart breaks for first responders. And...then.. well... everyone else who has to process the evil in this world, first hand.

Rather than hoping for a place in hell for the people who commit these terrible crimes, I hope for an eventual place in heaven where the pain for all of the above 'secondary' victims of these horrible crimes find peace.

It was posted previously, but it's worthy of a repeat. Thank you, Joe.

I've been searching the web for updates. Nothing. Anything new from our locals?

I've been searching the web for updates. Nothing. Anything new from our locals?

I have not heard anything lately. No one I've talked to has mentioned this case in a while. I still keep checking the news everyday.

..had strong musings about the case today, curious of any new developments myself

How odd! I had a crazy dream about this case last night- which is odd in itself, because I don't sleep much, lol.

I hope we hear something soon.

I am pretty sure nothing has been said about a date for the grand jury. What determines what date its set for? Is it usually open to the public and/or media?

I am pretty sure nothing has been said about a date for the grand jury. What determines what date its set for? Is it usually open to the public and/or media?

MaconMom, the story/video at this link we had gives a little info about when things may move on to the Grand Jury:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/146456/153/The-Giddings-Case-Three-Months-Later

(I was thinking, however, that the 90-day thing didn't apply in Georgia with regard to murder and certain other charges --but it is more or less reported that way, so maybe it does.)

Grand Jury proceedings are secret and won't be open to public or media. We may hear when any of the charges head to the GJ ... and there could possibly be "leaks" about what happens, but don't think we can count on that. I'm sure we will hear of any indictments that come down, though.

Hearing nothing about the case here, also keeping a watch for any mention, like others of you said you are.

Since there's no new news, thought I'd share something I noticed. The forum SMD used to post on (that was mentioned in the news) is now offline. Their site states it's due to DDoS attacks (denial of service) but I found a page on Google that states it's down for the duration of SMD's trial and the owner is working with authorities.

Since there's no new news, thought I'd share something I noticed. The forum SMD used to post on (that was mentioned in the news) is now offline. Their site states it's due to DDoS attacks (denial of service) but I found a page on Google that states it's down for the duration of SMD's trial and the owner is working with authorities.

Whoa, that IS interesting! Thanks for posting about it. (Maybe Macon Telegraph will follow up on this somehow and so we will get some news of the case.)

Just got home from my run, and thinking of Lauren. I wish that she was around to enjoy the trails this fall!

Just got home from my run, and thinking of Lauren. I wish that she was around to enjoy the trails this fall!
What a sweet thought, Jane, but it made me cry. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Lauren and check for news. I'm thankful that our locals are still posting because I know you guys will alert us as soon as you hear news about McD's case.

Great find! Definitely telling...and hopeful for the prosecution perhaps if those postings are allowed at trial!

Her mom probably really does too, her family and butterbean. TOO too tragic and sad

The site looks to be up and running to me....?

Not sure it's as populated as it once was, but I see current activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni