GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's no new news, thought I'd share something I noticed. The forum SMD used to post on (that was mentioned in the news) is now offline. Their site states it's due to DDoS attacks (denial of service) but I found a page on Google that states it's down for the duration of SMD's trial and the owner is working with authorities.

OH WOW, VERY VERY intersting. Thanks

How odd! I had a crazy dream about this case last night- which is odd in itself, because I don't sleep much, lol.

I hope we hear something soon.

LOL, yeah, that definitley shows how close this case is to all our hearts. I dont' think a day goes by that I don't think about "something" in regards to this case whether victim or perp.

Still wonder as I drive down Gray hwy from Macon and I75 at the park if there has been any searches in the overgrown areas, lush kudzu in a site along the hwy won't be traveled by ANYone leisurely. It's gotta be searched

How far from murder sites is the typical distance for discarding remains?

Site being down is interesting news.

Her mom probably really does too, her family and butterbean. TOO too tragic and sad

I get really bothered sometimes wondering how Butterbean perceives everything in all this. I wonder if he waits and watches for Lauren. It makes me feel so sad to think about it. But, you know, animals, I believe, can sense things -- maybe know things we don't. I hope the two of them are "in touch".

The site looks to be up and running to me....?

Not sure it's as populated as it once was, but I see current activity.

Now that I've looked, it does to me, too. And I see a bit more info about the situation posted in the private thread ... . I'm pretty confused about the actual status, though. Finding some weird stuff out on the 'net referencing it all, but who can tell...?

LOL, yeah, that definitley shows how close this case is to all our hearts. I dont' think a day goes by that I don't think about "something" in regards to this case whether victim or perp.

Still wonder as I drive down Gray hwy from Macon and I75 at the park if there has been any searches in the overgrown areas, lush kudzu in a site along the hwy won't be traveled by ANYone leisurely. It's gotta be searched

I only post (so far) on this case, but have been reading when I can in a few other WS threads. I know that over in the Katelyn Markham thread, there has been talk of further searches being done "after the first frost"...I guess when foliage, bugs, and snakes are diminished. That might be a time here, too, as well, when something might more easily be detected or surface in Lauren's case .... Hunting seasons, too, might bring something to light, if any part of her was placed in a wooded area.

Our first frost around here should not be all that far in the future.

Now that I've looked, it does to me, too. And I see a bit more info about the situation posted in the private thread ... . I'm pretty confused about the actual status, though. Finding some weird stuff out on the 'net referencing it all, but who can tell...?

Oh ok. The front page says something about being down but the forums appear to be working. The other day when I looked at it, it was completely down. From what I've read, a lot of users moved on to a new forum. They're still talking about us too. :)

Me too. I think about her every day especially on my way home when I pass overgrown areas on the side of the road. Almost seems too easy to hide something there because the police can't search every overgrown area. I even look out and try to see if I see anything odd as I'm driving.

And I can't visit places mentioned in the case without thinking about it (Zaxby's, Mercer area, etc), or go running without thinking of Lauren. We ate at Buckners the other day and all I could think about was that SMD ate there. I just want a resolution for her family.

Just noticed the "moved threads" page on the forum site says their site was seized by the FBI and moved inside the FBI's "intercept" facilities due to the activities of various users who are persons of interest to the FBI.

The site was restored on 10/12.

ETA: looks like Bessie mentioned this the other day downstairs. Sorry, I guess I need to keep checking that thread too!

Since time for allowing me to edit it has expired, I am quoting my own post from last night to clarify that by "private thread", I mean our "downstairs" discussion here. Sorry for any confusion!

Me too. I think about her every day especially on my way home when I pass overgrown areas on the side of the road. Almost seems too easy to hide something there because the police can't search every overgrown area. I even look out and try to see if I see anything odd as I'm driving.

And I can't visit places mentioned in the case without thinking about it (Zaxby's, Mercer area, etc), or go running without thinking of Lauren. We ate at Buckners the other day and all I could think about was that SMD ate there. I just want a resolution for her family.

Oh my god, DITTO, it gives me the creeps. I do not go where I do not have to and every road I pass on I wonder or imagine or am haunted by something in regards to this case or am scanning the area or noticing hiding places

You make some good points -- though who can tell what a person in such a situation (and mental state perhaps) might and might not risk. There could definitely be all kinds of strange symbolism in such a placement -- it certainly wouldn't have been done for convenience.

Of course, too, as someone mentioned the possibility of an accomplice: Someone else might have taken the skull there.

Honestly, I find it very hard to believe that there really is much chance that the skull found in Maryland is LG's.

https://identifyus.org/cases/9351
The skull found in MD belongs to a male, see link above. Hope this man is identified and his loved ones can bring him home.

I think of Lauren and her family frequently and I'm hoping the case starts moving forward soon.
icon9.gif

https://identifyus.org/cases/9351
The skull found in MD belongs to a male, see link above. Hope this man is identified and his loved ones can bring him home.

I think of Lauren and her family frequently and I'm hoping the case starts moving forward soon.
icon9.gif

Yep. Remember, there were two skulls found in Maryland that we were discussing? One in Kent County and one in Calvert County, IIRC -- both have threads on WS. I believe they both have been identified as male. Hope both will be identified with a name soon.

I get really bothered sometimes wondering how Butterbean perceives everything in all this. I wonder if he waits and watches for Lauren. It makes me feel so sad to think about it. But, you know, animals, I believe, can sense things -- maybe know things we don't. I hope the two of them are "in touch".

I believe Butterbean misses Lauren. Dogs mourn too, I've seen it. Hopefully it doesnt' feel abandoned. I do feel for the pup as well. You know I just wish Butterbean had been with her at Barrister's hall that night, this probably would not have happened. I've pondered that many many times.

I believe Butterbean misses Lauren. Dogs mourn too, I've seen it. Hopefully it doesnt' feel abandoned. I do feel for the pup as well. You know I just wish Butterbean had been with her at Barrister's hall that night, this probably would not have happened. I've pondered that many many times.

about what I bolded: tomkat, I can remember you saying wa-a-ay back in the threads that Butterbean "would have yapped her to safety". That's always stuck in my mind, and I have pondered the same thing, too.

This made me think of the Annual Ocmulgee River cleanup that is happening this weekend. With all of those people doing cleanup along the river, I wonder if someone will find her remains. http://www.macon.com/2011/10/21/1754186/cleanups-for-macon-wr-set-for.html

After watching the grandfather's interview, he doesn't seem to be in denial like SMcD's mom is. I wonder if he would allow a voluntary search of his property? I still think there is a possibility that there could be clues hidden there.

After watching the grandfather's interview, he doesn't seem to be in denial like SMcD's mom is. I wonder if he would allow a voluntary search of his property? I still think there is a possibility that there could be clues hidden there.

You are talking about the print story at macon.com (Macon Telegraph), right? (Since you said "watched", just wanting to make sure I have not missed a video interview somewhere along the line!)

This made me think of the Annual Ocmulgee River cleanup that is happening this weekend. With all of those people doing cleanup along the river, I wonder if someone will find her remains. http://www.macon.com/2011/10/21/1754186/cleanups-for-macon-wr-set-for.html

I didn't realize that was coming up this weekend. Very intriguing possibility.

ETA: For anyone interested, here's a link about the cleanup:

QUOTE: ...Organizers of the annual Ocmulgee River cleanup hope that great weather and an open weekend for University of Georgia football mean a big turnout for Saturday’s efforts. ...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2011/10/21/1754186/cleanups-for-macon-wr-set-for.html

Edited once again to say: sorry, Mcmunn, I must be half asleep -- did not at first notice that you had already included this link, in your post!!

I posted the other day about searches/findings after "first frost". I believe we have frost predicted for tonight in middle Georgia, not sure how heavy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee