GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
really?? drugged out of his mind??? on what? why? how do you know this? I watched him in the video in the court room, his demeanor seems somewhat subdued, but not drugged. He listened intently to something his lawyer was saying, responded "ok" a couple of times...did not look drugged out to me at all.

Post & run? :waitasec:

I just drove by the apartment complex where they police have had a car and officer there 24/7 since LG was found and guess what? No POLICE PRESENCE WHATSOEVER AND NO DO NOT ENTER STICKER ON LG OR MCD DOOR!
I couldn't see the other downstairs apartment door so I can't confirm if the sticker was there or not.

Not a tattoo, must be some type jail ID bracelet or could be medical related . But underneath all that orange, there are tattoos, lots of them .

Agreed that the right forearm in the video is showing a plastic info bracelet of some kind.

Agent Frank, this is the 2nd time you've asserted that SMD is heavily tattooed. How do you know this? Have you seen them? If you are repeating a "tasty tidbit" you've heard or read, please cite the source. If it's an outright guess, tell us you're guessing.

If you know first hand, tell us what the tatts look like: designs? naked women? naked men? blood drops & daggers?

You ducked that part of my last inquiry. Post and duck?

A few things regarding McDaniels hearing today..

First off, the questions and statements about what McDaniel has on his right arm.. Some thought it was a tattoo(and he very well may have a tattoo I am not saying he doesn't).. But as for the bracelet that he is wearing that some referred to as a medication bracelet because "he is heavily drugged" is Incorrect.. I saw nothing that would have me believe this person was drugged up or out of it.. He seemed more lucid today than he did in his first hearing *nearly 3 weeks ago..

The bracelet is a inmate identification bracelet.. It is put on immediately After you are processed into custody and it must remain visible AT ALL TIMES!! if the inmate attempts to cover it or conceal it, it's an immediate 30 day sentence that is tacked onto whatever you are already serving.. It is a very big deal nowadays and if it's found to have been tampered with or attempted to have been removed it has it's own code of charges that have a mandatory sentence that is immediately without question imposed..

The bracelet is put on by an officer with a certain tool and that particular tool is supposedly the only way to remove it as well.. The bracelet has a tiny photo of the inmates mug shot on it along with full name, charges listed and booking numbers.. It has become a core piece that all inmates must have on them at all times and at all times make certain that the bracelet is visible or you will be charged and sentenced to jail time for failing to do so..

What i liken the bracelet to be like is very similar to the bracelets and anklets that are now put on all newborns while in the hospital.. Just as well as it being mandatory that it be visible at all times.. The one's that I have seen(and they do vary in color, size, detail from state to state) look very much like the infant bracelets that are worn in the hospital..

Hope that helps!

Any thoughts on exactly what or why Glenda McDaniel was attempting to speak from the gallery(audience).. this was very strange to me but majority of my courthouse personal knowledge is from courtrooms here in the big city of Memphis.. I know here that wouldn't have even been attempted and have never seen anyone even try to do so.. So is this something that is not abnormal for a small town's court proceeding??.. I was baffled at her attempt and wondered what in the world she thought that she'd be allowed to stand and make a statement addressing the court while in session???

Any ideas on what some may think she was attempting to interject in today's hearing?

Ill be completely honest..I was initially a bit angered at her ludicrous statement about the public's interest in a burglary case.. It angered me because it somehow IMO lessened the severity of what we're really dealing with here and the exact reason for the public's interest.. It is what is the bigger picture here.. It is what your son's charges of 2 felony burglaries of 2 condoms from 2 of his neighbor's residences stem from.. They are directly related and directly stem from the investigation of a gruesome and heinous murder to which your son's residence has been the focal point in investigating the murder..

It caused me to feel very protective of this young woman and her family's right to have justice served on behalf of her heinous murder.. And I felt as tho this woman was absolutely 100% taking the focus off of Lauren And her murder and attempting to suggest we, the public are being somehow nosy or sticking our nose where it doesn't belong in her son's condom burglary charges..*

Tho I have stepped back and attempted to look at it thru the lens of a mother whose son it is that is at the very heart of this heinous crime that's investigation led to these 2 minor charges(in comparison to murder) that he is presently facing..
And while I do understand she believes her son to be 100% innocent and wrongly villified... I also fully understand that their is an innocent murder victim and family that is badly needing closure to this heinous end to their daughters life and IMO that is what is cannot be forgotten, pushed to the side, or put on a back burner.. And for the sake of this slaughtered young woman's family I find it inappropriate to minimize or attempt to take that off the front burner and act as tho it is not happening or is in no way related to what is happening with your son.. It has EVERYTHING to do with what's presently happening with your son..

Am just being honest about my reactions to this mother..

So, does anyone have any ideas or opinions on what she possibly was attempting to stand up and say in open court today at the hearing?? Am anxious to hear what possibly she could have thought she would have been allowed to state in open court today???

Ill be completely honest..I was initially a bit angered at her ludicrous statement about the public's interest in a burglary case.. It angered me because it somehow IMO lessened the severity of what we're really dealing with here and the exact reason for the public's interest.. It is what is the bigger picture here.. It is what your son's charges of 2 felony burglaries of 2 condoms from 2 of his neighbor's residences stem from.. They are directly related and directly stem from the investigation of a gruesome and heinous murder to which your son's residence has been the focal point in investigating the murder..

It caused me to feel very protective of this young woman and her family's right to have justice served on behalf of her heinous murder.. And I felt as tho this woman was absolutely 100% taking the focus off of Lauren And her murder and attempting to suggest we, the public are being somehow nosy or sticking our nose where it doesn't belong in her son's condom burglary charges..*

(shortened for space)

Thank-you, Smooth, very well said. :blowkiss:

That is exactly the way I felt, and I did not express it so eloquently.

LA could get up to 40 years for the felony theft charges.

According to his attorney Floyd Buford, he allegedly entered apartments 9 and 5 of the Barister's Hall complex where he used to live without permission and "with intent to commit a theft."

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/136115/153/McDaniels-Lawyer-Wants-Even-Playing-Field
Judge Tilman Self is expected to make a decision early next week. McDaniel faces up to 40 years in prison for these felony charges.

Police are still calling McDaniel a person of interest in the murder of his neighbor 27 year old Lauren Giddings.

http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/6198-stephen-mcdaniel-makes-court-appearance

I just drove by the apartment complex where they police have had a car and officer there 24/7 since LG was found and guess what? No POLICE PRESENCE WHATSOEVER AND NO DO NOT ENTER STICKER ON LG OR MCD DOOR!
I couldn't see the other downstairs apartment door so I can't confirm if the sticker was there or not.

Nope. There are none on the downstairs apartments either. I went by there both this morning and this afternoon, and it looks like the police are done there.

What's everyones opinion on why suddenly today that all apts are no longer sealed with DO NOT ENTER orders along with the full time police presence for that area since discovery of Laurens torso.. Is also as of today NO LONGER THERE..

I am not certain if it just happens to be a coincidence that on today the day of McD's scheduled hearing that all areas are open and no longer under police surveillance and possession as they have been since Lauren's torso having been found..

But IMO it does clearly indicate that LE has wrapped up their combing for evidence, seizing of*Property or evidence and feel as tho at this time they have what they need to proceed forward in the murder case.. Assuming that now it is just a waiting game with the labs In yielding and sharing their results with this LE agency..

Lauren's story will be on Nancy Grace tonight.

I am just reading through the rest of Thread 1 that I missed.

I just read that Nancy Grace is a Macon Law Grad, and that Macon is where her fiance was murdered. I am very surprised she hasn't covered more of Lauren's case.

I found this bit of info about more burglary charges. I am sure most here know this already, but, in case there are others that don't:

Both burglaries happened between Dec. 26, 2008, and Jan. 31, 2009, Macon police said.

“He would walk into other apartments and take items,” Winters said

during a preliminary hearing for McDaniel on Friday afternoon.

Police would not say what items were taken. Winters said more burglary counts could be added.

Asked after the hearing whether Giddings’ apartment was burglarized, Winters said, “We don’t know.”

I wonder if Apartments 9 and 5 were occupied by females at the time of the burglaries, or if they were friends of Lauren's?

Any thoughts on exactly what or why Glenda McDaniel was attempting to speak from the gallery(audience).. this was very strange to me but majority of my courthouse personal knowledge is from courtrooms here in the big city of Memphis.. I know here that wouldn't have even been attempted and have never seen anyone even try to do so.. So is this something that is not abnormal for a small town's court proceeding??.. I was baffled at her attempt and wondered what in the world she thought that she'd be allowed to stand and make a statement addressing the court while in session???

Any ideas on what some may think she was attempting to interject in today's hearing?

snipped for space.

Macon isn't necessarily a "small town"... by Georgia's standards, at least. From what I see, it's not like we do things any different procedurally in court here than anywhere else. He didn't allow her interruption. From her point of view, I don't think she was thinking about what she "should" do. She was clearly very emotional and was reacting based on that alone. She probably was just going to make an emotional plea about his innocence...although that is only my speculation, of course. We have clients whose family members try to proclaim the defendant's innocence at all kinds of times that are inappropriate during the proceedings.

Off topic- just drove past Barristers Apartments and saw Chief Burns outside being interviewed. I wonder if he has something to say this time, or whether it'll be another "I have no new news" type of interview.

I wonder if Apartments 9 and 5 were occupied by females at the time of the burglaries, or if they were friends of Lauren's?

It was reported to be male occupants.

I found this article, notice the date:
http://www.wgntv.com/wgntv-womans-body-found-on-south-side-june22,0,81992.story
Woman's body found on south side
A body of a woman was found dismembered in the garage of a south side home
Jae Miller
WGN News
9:31 p.m. CDT, June 22, 2011
CHICAGO— The body of a woman was discovered in the garage of a vacant home on the city's south side Wednesday.

Ray Jefferson, the owner of the home said he arrived around 4:00 pm to do some work on the building near 100th Pl and S. Normal when he noticed someone had broken into the boarded up garage.

"I saw lots of duct tape and some sweat pants in the bin," said Jefferson. "The entire head was duct taped. I couldn't see a face."

The body was sitting upright in a storage bin about 2 1/2 feet high. Jefferson said the woman had a tattoo on her hand.

Chicago police are handling the case as a death investigation and confirmed the body appeared to be that of a woman 17-25 years of age.

Jefferson was in the process of rehabbing the vacant home after purchasing it about a month ago. He said he was last in the garage yesterday and didn't see the bin containing the body. Jefferson believes the bin may have been placed there overnight.

Area 2 detectives are investigating. An autopsy could be performed as early as Thursday.

I found a few others, but the date on this one caught my attention.

Lawette - I wonder if the chief being out there has anything to do with this being on Nancy Grace tonight? Possible interview?

The dismemberment in Chicago was found to have been done by her boyfriend William J. Ward
June 23, 2011, 11:20PM
Co-workers and friends of Trisha Sadler gathered at her 1860 Cloverdale Road home in Bethlehem for a candlelight vigil. Sadler, police say, was stabbed to death and dismembered by her boyfriend, William J. Ward.*
http://topics.lehighvalleylive.com/tag/trisha sadler/index.html

ETA- wow psychomom I was wrong. Seems as tho this particular dismemberment is a different victim!! There was another dismemberment of young woman in Chicago same but was by her bf.. Haven't been able to locate more info on the one from the vacant garage.. God how many dismemberments are there presently in Chicago? I'm skeered!!

Thanks SmoothOperator. I hadn't found the follow up on someone being charged.

I did find several other unsolved dismemberment cases involving young women in the last 4 years. Several of the other ones I found where an arrest had been made, the perpetrator was not an acquaintance, but a boyfriend of some sort. I am simply trying to find some connection to what kind of person does this crime. It seems to be either someone very close to the victim, or a complete random attack. SM doesn't fit either category. It makes me wonder who in the area might have been a lot closer to her.

Not giving SM a free pass, but I do want to look at all options. This would have taken a lot of strength to pull off. Even holding power tools takes some strength and endurance. He does not appear to be physically strong. I would be curious who in her life would fit that bill. And I am thinking it would have to be someone in the Macon area. I don't think anyone would travel to Macon to do it.

If it was SM, do we have any indication he was strong, or even physically active at all? Moving an unconscious body would take a lot of strength, not to mention trying to get it put somewhere and remove body parts. He strikes me as a couch potato type. Physical power does not exude from him.

I've wondered why Nancy G hasn't been all over this case due to her close connections. However, I heard she may be on the Board at Mercer. I'm sure they have requested that it not be over-sensationalized.

The segment on Lauren hasn't come up yet.

I've wondered why Nancy G hasn't been all over this case due to her close connections. However, I heard she may be on the Board at Mercer. I'm sure they have requested that it not be over-sensationalized.

The segment on Lauren hasn't come up yet.

As previously discussed, NG is on the Board of Trustees at Mercer. I am sure there are political and public relations reasons that her show hasn't stormed the place. As well, with so much public talk about how her show can have more of a hindering effect than a helpful one, she might be well advised to back off. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member