GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've only posted a few times and am not sure if I am doing it correctly or in the right place. If this post is inappropriate, please delete it. I don't think this idea has been discussed before. Police found 2 condoms in SM's apartment, used or unused, we don't know. SM has admitted stealing them from neighbors' apartments. It has been mentioned he is a gamer, probably online. I don't play those games and don't really know a lot about them. I do work with teenagers and hear them talk about some of these game sites. The kids say the games are elaborate role-playing, very involved, and can go on indefinitely. There are ever higher levels of play. Could it possibly be that SM stole the condoms as part of a role-playing game? Maybe to prove he did this, he had to display them in some fashion to take pictures to share on the game site. And since they would be trophies in this game, he might still have had them displayed in his apartment. This is probably way out in left field. Just a thought I had.

Re: Email-

Does anyone really email their boyfriend instead of text messaging or FB messaging? I can see if he were at work at the time maybe, because some people can't text or use FB at work so email is the only option, but I just found that odd.

Re: Email-

Does anyone really email their boyfriend instead of text messaging or FB messaging? I can see if he were at work at the time maybe, because some people can't text or use FB at work so email is the only option, but I just found that odd.

Yes, that's another good point. I still email some, especially if stook behind the computer, and know that the recipient is at their computer, but if I want immediate results, I text.

Drugged out of his mind on what? Is this confirmed? In the video, he talks to his lawyer, nodding and saying ok, so he's not that out of it.

It looks like a tattoo on his arm to me as well. You could visibly see it when he reached out to shake the lawyer's hand.
Not a tattoo, must be some type jail ID bracelet or could be medical related .
But underneath all that orange, there are tattoos, lots of them .

You're using prt scn and ms paint right? Should allow files to be saved as jpegs.

ETA: just tried it on the page you refer to. Works for me ok. Files defaults to a .png, but you can change to jpeg with no problem.

Open photo, hit prtScn. Open Paint (found in MS accessories). Choose the paste function, screen capture appears, then save file to whatever your preferred format is.

For me the file defaults to "Web Page, Complete" or "Web Page, HTML Only" [is that the same as .png?] and when I try to open the photo it just takes me to a set of files in my download folder, none of which are photos. It's really weird and I also barely know what I'm doing.
I just wanted the photos because as of yet, regardless of my hunches, the kid is presumed innocent and the photos show a very humanized side of him, smiling. I think that's important. [Honestly IMO, guilty or innocent, it's important. He's a human being].

Hi,
I've only posted a few times and am not sure if I am doing it correctly or in the right place. If this post is inappropriate, please delete it. I don't think this idea has been discussed before. Police found 2 condoms in SM's apartment, used or unused, we don't know. SM has admitted stealing them from neighbors' apartments. It has been mentioned he is a gamer, probably online. I don't play those games and don't really know a lot about them. I do work with teenagers and hear them talk about some of these game sites. The kids say the games are elaborate role-playing, very involved, and can go on indefinitely. There are ever higher levels of play. Could it possibly be that SM stole the condoms as part of a role-playing game? Maybe to prove he did this, he had to display them in some fashion to take pictures to share on the game site. And since they would be trophies in this game, he might still have had them displayed in his apartment. This is probably way out in left field. Just a thought I had.

You make an EXCELLENT point.

Elaborate, role-playing games were played by Eliza Baker, the evil step-mother in Zahra Baker's case. She played on IMVU, where people use Avatars to meet one another. One of our members at WS found her online identity, and even found where she had enacted the dismemberment of a person as a sacrifice online, just prior to or around the same time as her step-daughter's death.

Just google IMVU and Eliza Baker, and you will see SOME of the officially released sordid details and search warrants, her screen name etc.

The Parking Lot here, for members only, have some very sordid sleuthing details on this, and LE was made aware of these things by a WS member. I think there is a thread on the subject, on Zahra's forum.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that LG's murderer participated/participates on sites such as these.

Young is mentioned again in a Nov. 8 warrant seeking documents from IMVU.com. Police sought account information for Elisa, Adam, Aaron and Kava Fullman, and IMVU user sweetlilspitfire69. IMVU.com is an online community where people use avatars to meet people, talk and create games.

The warrant says the Bakers and Young had been involved in "chainsaw massacre role-playing” on Sept. 22, and that sweetlilspitfire69 needed to be watched as possibly being connected to the case. Aaron Young was contacted to comment for this story, but did not return phone calls.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...baker-had-ongoing-relationship-ex--ar-677965/

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...nts-in-zahra-baker-case-center-on-step-mother

No. he and Lauren entered Mercer Law in 2008.
I believe I would need to be very heavily medicated if my fellow law school classmate, next door neighbor, and fellow Federalist Society officer were horribly murdered and dismembered, especially if I did it.
Not saying Stephen is, he looks fairly lucid to me in brief video.
I am not a lip reader, but I can make out "okay" a couple of times . I am sure Floyd was just explaining to him what was about to happen and what he expected. Floyd is a very good attorney.

Just caught the news and watched the video of McD in the courtroom. I have to say, as I watched I felt pity for him. Just one of those emotions that washes over you for a moment. I look at him and wish I could crack that stony exterior and know what's really going on inside his head. Absolutely no visible sign of any emotion in him, what does that mean?

So no ruling was issued today and still no news on the lab results. This wait is so darn frustrating for us as interested parties in justice for Lauren. I can only imagine how painful this is for her family. The loss of their beloved Lauren, wanting answers, not being able to lay her to rest yet. How do familes go through this and go on with their lives?

Denial is a coping and survival tool. Could you imagine being the parent of someone who committed this crime? You love your child, but you are horrified at what they did to another human being? As I said before, I know nothing about his parents, but I hope people are able to have compassion for them too if he is indicted.

I feel the same pity, a bit of sympathy and affection too for some reason. It's like a reflex I can't explain or justify.

Well, even if he did this, it is sad because whoever did this is a disturbed individual.

I believe I would need to be very heavily medicated if my fellow law school classmate, next door neighbor, and fellow Federalist Society officer were horribly murdered and dismembered, especially if I did it.

Or, especially if he DIDN'T do it. Based on everything that's happening, it looks like he's more than likely guilty, but imagine if you were in his place and really didn't do it. His law career is probably over after working so long for it, not to mention being vilified by the media and having the entire community believe he did it. Maybe he's just in shock.

Not saying he's innocent, I would just feel terrible for him if he is.

No. he and Lauren entered Mercer Law in 2008.

Thank-you for making me dig further.

I see CT spoke in February 2011.

Maybe this was the Symposium that SM attended?

I can't seem to find any other locations where he was at, which is not to say there weren't others.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will deliver the keynote address at the 30th Annual Federalist Society Student Symposium, to be held Feb. 25-26 at the University of Virginia School of Law and the Boar’s Head Inn. Thomas will speak at the Boar’s Head Inn on Saturday, Feb. 26, during the banquet dinner at 7 p.m.

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/2011_spr/fed_society_symposium.htm

Or, especially if he DIDN'T do it. Based on everything that's happening, it looks like he's more than likely guilty, but imagine if you were in his place and really didn't do it. His law career is probably over after working so long for it, not to mention being vilified by the media and having the entire community believe he did it. Maybe he's just in shock.

Not saying he's innocent, I would just feel terrible for him if he is.

I agree. There was a 9 year old girl murdered in my town 30 years ago and the life of a teenage boy was ruined because he remained the main suspect for many years. They just identified the dna of the real killer within the last 2 years and he has since been convicted, but the the original suspects life has totally been defined by a crime he never committed. Tragic.

I was hoping something of substance would be revealed today. A lot more of nothing. I am beginning to believe they are beating a dead horse. They keep trying to connect him to the crime, and the pieces aren't fitting. I could be wrong, but if that is the case, I wish they would just come on out and say it. They won't for many, many reasons. One is they have invested so much into it being SM. Two is because then the community will go nuts knowing a killer is still running loose. And then, it could be Three - They have another person in mind and don't want to let them know they are closing in. If it is SM, come out and say that, too. The not knowing is what drives everyone crazy.

We can guess this happened or that happened, but everything we read can have a horrible explanation or a benign one. It depends on the context. Emails could be pleas or vents. Condoms could be a sign of criminal behavior or a harmless prank. The pass key could be a dangerous threat or a convenience for the apartment manager. Sexual confessions could be a warped mind or a privacy issue. I want to know.

The police have not stated no one else in the community is at risk. At least, not that I have seen posted. They tend to do that in a lot of cases when they are pretty sure they have the culprit in custody. They have told people to lock doors, walk in groups, and check their cars. If they have the murderer in custody, why say that? The bottom line is a beautiful young woman is dead, and we have no clue who did it or why.

Agree about having pity and sympathy for McDaniel for some strange reason as you say.
Maybe because it doesn't make sense that he would just go berserk and do this as he was prepping for bar exam after three years of hard work.
I especially feel for his mother, who said she's never seen so much interest in a burglary case.
Does seem like she or Floyd Buford would tell him to go get a haircut from the prison barber, though.
Comparing and contrasting that to my utter disdain and (don't like the term but will use it) hatred of Casey Anthony.

McDaniel did not have any tattoos. It is a medical bracelet. I am told he is drugged out of his mind.

really?? drugged out of his mind??? on what? why? how do you know this? I watched him in the video in the court room, his demeanor seems somewhat subdued, but not drugged. He listened intently to something his lawyer was saying, responded "ok" a couple of times...did not look drugged out to me at all.

Agree about having pity and sympathy for McDaniel for some strange reason as you say.
Maybe because it doesn't make sense that he would just go berserk and do this as he was prepping for bar exam after three years of hard work.
I especially feel for his mother, who said she's never seen so much interest in a burglary case.
Does seem like she or Floyd Buford would tell him to go get a haircut from the prison barber, though.
Comparing and contrasting that to my utter disdain and (don't like the term but will use it) hatred of Casey Anthony.

I completely agree. I feel awful for his parents..at first when I heard that she asked to speak and was crying, but even more so when she said that about it being a burglary case. They must be in complete denial about what he is facing (whether guilty or not guilty).

And yes, at some point, they have got to cut that hair. I don't pass judgement on anyone's looks, but just from a comfort standpoint, that has got to be miserable.

And yes, at some point, they have got to cut that hair. I don't pass judgement on anyone's looks, but just from a comfort standpoint, that has got to be miserable.

I agree, but I wonder if they didn't cut it because it might make it look like he's trying to create a good impression for court. Looking back at his old family pics, he's had that hairstyle for a long time.

To me it's kind of a catch 22. You can cut it and have people think you're just trying to make yourself look good (i.e. innocent), or leave it alone and look like a stereotype of a crazed killer.

He could at least pull it back in a ponytail though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14