GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that back parking lot and gate: There are a few parking spaces, four or five max that are normally occupied by the residents that live in the back. I wouldn't call it a lot by any means. I think that Barristers is the type of complex that everyone knows what car everyone drives and everyone generally parks in the same space all of the time. Residents are allowed to have one guest car visiting but I have known of people having more than one guest car and the landlord gets pissed. There were residents living there all summer and some coming back on the weekends. I guess it's possible that a strange car could have been in the back at some time and people would have thought it was a guest. If stephen's car had been parked in the bCk for any length of time, I think that people would have noticed and thought it was odd. You have to pull in diagonally into the the back spaces and the front of your car is literally right at someone's front door. It's very tight in the back and not easily accessible or quick to get out of. There is a back gate but I have never seen it remain unlocked or used on a regular basis. I'm not even sure that all of the residents have a key to unlock it. Barristers is a small complex with parking very limited and tight and even the front where lauren's apt was is pretty close to the road. It's not a place where you could park a car and "lay low."

Lauren would have had her first day of bar testing today if she were still alive. I just hope the other 3L's haven't been too distraught or distracted over this to do well on their test. Good luck to them all!

Yes, it would be really odd for Stephen to have parked anywhere in the back because not only would it always place him right in front of someone's apartment, and there is a lot of room in the parking lot as it's so vacant. However, it being so vacant could also mean he could go unnoticed oftentimes.
I know when I was there at night and day my car was noticed and there was no "not awkward" place to park in terms of not being up in someone's doorway, but luckily so many places were empty and there were only 3 cars there max at any given time, even in the wee hours of the morning.

Do not copy and paste more than 10% of an article, and always include a link.

It's kind of interesting that the reporter brought the Coroner in to discuss the fact that there is not a police cover-up, and to discuss the actual text that has been circulating since Saturday.

I'll bet the reporter asked LE, and LE wouldn't comment.

We will find out tomorrow, what LE has to say, anyway.

I didnt' read that, only what I mentioned so that's hindsight I suppose

In her three years in Macon, Lauren Giddings called Macon police to her apartment complex twice.
Once, in early 2009, when her dog was struck by a car, and again last November when someone swiped a dashboard GPS from the console of her tan Mitsubishi Galant.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/12/1628415/while-in-macon-giddings-called.html

Just found this article while searching around.. IMO lend even more credence to the fact that IMO Lauren would have called LE had she thought her apt was being attempted to be burglarized.. Jmo, tho..

Interesting coincidence that her last call to authorities was for theft of her car's gps.. Possibly the grain of truth where some of the night of rage rumors were born of..

I thought it was interesting and I'd missed this article if it had been posted before..

Also it speaks of her former neighbor that lived below her.. They interviewed her and she was shocked.. Also said she never had any fears living in Barristers Halls apts..

Worth a read if you'd not read it already..

"Not a sign of mental illness leading to murder." Loved that, yes we all have our quirks, doesnt' make us murderers.

Also in regards to AngelANALYZES..............the parking lot being somewhat deserted with people going home or abroad for the summer...............perfect crime time

"Not a sign of mental illness leading to murder." Loved that, yes we all have our quirks, doesnt' make us murderers.

Also in regards to AngelANALYZES..............the parking lot being somewhat deserted with people going home or abroad for the summer...............perfect crime time

Add to that new people looking at the apartments, some moving in. That time of year, the cars would be unknown. But, I do remember some article stating there were only a few remaining residents in the back at the time. Late at night, if someone got her back there, it wouldn't take just a second to have her in a car and gone.

Do not copy and paste more than 10% of an article, and always include a link.
I think that is meant for me............ I could post but it had a virus and I didnt' think others woudl appreciate me posting that link, LOL, thought it worth reading with the info about SMcD being reported. I'll remember the length next time.

Snipped post of tomkat's
Okay I had not heard there was a suspicious other vehicle. I dont' think SMcD did it. He was sending her text and emails about the upcoming camping trip? His car was seen around back, so you are saying that is nothing out of the ordinary as others have implied otherwise
(You wrote:The fact that even the downstairs neighbor heard anything that stood out makes me wonder if she were, in fact, outside and downstairs), so you mean that maybe the lady neighbor wasn't home at the time or was inside if Lauren was lured into the other (suspicious) car that has been mentioned. Well if so, then that would imply the killer wasn't from the complex and then brought the torso back. Which doesn't seems like a lot of trouble to me but it does confuse the LE.

Again here is mention of a suspicious car.. I see tomkat was not aware either of their being a suspicious car(as is relayed in the first sentence).. So where is talk if a suspicious car coming from?
I've been thinking about where it may have come from and the only thing that comes to mind is that we know that LE asked McD's mom upon initially contacting her, if her son had a mental illness or another car??

If this is where thoughts of a possible "other car/suspicious car" came from the question LE asked is not indicative of there actually being another car in question that they are looking for per se, but rather it is a standard question in an investigation as LE want access to any/all cars that a suspect(or POI in this case) had available to them.. So that LE may then subpoena to have that other car(s) thoroughly searched as well..
Or is there another reason that another car or possible suspicious car is being theorized or speculated?

TIA..

ETA: I just noticed also in the snipped post ^above^ that it states that McD was texting to Lauren about an upcoming camping trip.. That wasn't McD that was texting/msging Lauren, but rather a friend and fellow HH running club member..(just something I noticed after I posted)

I think that is meant for me............ I could post but it had a virus and I didnt' think others woudl appreciate me posting that link, LOL, thought it worth reading with the info about SMcD being reported. I'll remember the length next time.
I edited your post. Snipped it to 10% and added the link to the original source.

True, but the place is small enough that those who do live there would notice someone coming around for a few days and being oddly comfortable there. Even at 1am one of the few residents there was out and about in the car, coming back and forth, I'd imagine on a weekend it'd be even more active that late.
I just feel whoever did this was far too comfortable with the apartments to be a random non-resident stranger, and I haven't heard of a case like that, where someone comes back to a claustrophobic apartment building multiple times after killing someone to mess with/dispose of the body parts. JMO :waitasec:

I can't find the article yet telling exactly how many residents, but I found something in an Examiner article talking about student moving out after the May 14th graduation.
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/police-continue-to-investigate-presumed-murder-of-lauren-giddings

There was one where the police were talking about who was interviewed, and they noted many of the apartments were empty.

Alright, alright you've made your point about the complex being empty. Yes, you're right, there were not many people there this summer. But, I KNOW that there were at least two people who've been there all summer and they report not seeing anything amiss.

The night that I was there to hang out with friends, I didn't think it was all that empty; the very back was completely full and there were several cars in the middle, and I simply don't recall noticing if cars were in the front. But I do still believe that it's a very tight complex and not easy to get in and out of if you go farther than the very front. I pulled in to the back and to get out, I had to back up and pull forward two or three times. There is also a steep incline in the back and as I was backing, I thought my car was going to roll into the back gate!

It's possible that a strange car could have been there. Obviously anything is possible because a girl was murdered and dismembered and no one seems to have seen a thing. I guess I was speaking more to the rumor that someone reported about Stephen's car being parked in the back. I think if he had parked anywhere other than his normal spot for more than a day or so, someone would recall and would have reported it.

Again, ANYTHING is possible...I don't think this case is as cut and dry as it may seem on the surface. We may all be very surprised by the outcome.

If SM did this, I wonder if in a way his rage was directed not so much at Lauren but at the whole of his peers, the law class, etc. -- "Outsider takes the Golden Girl". Kind of out there, but something to ponder.

Again here is mention of a suspicious car.. I see tomkat was not aware either of their being a suspicious car(as is relayed in the first sentence).. So where is talk if a suspicious car coming from?
I've been thinking about where it may have come from and the only thing that comes to mind is that we know that LE asked McD's mom upon initially contacting her, if her son had a mental illness or another car??

If this is where thoughts of a possible "other car/suspicious car" came from the question LE asked is not indicative of there actually being another car in question that they are looking for per se, but rather it is a standard question in an investigation as LE want access to any/all cars that a suspect(or POI in this case) had available to them.. So that LE may then subpoena to have that other car(s) thoroughly searched as well..
Or is there another reason that another car or possible suspicious car is being theorized or speculated?

TIA..

ETA: I just noticed also in the snipped post ^above^ that it states that McD was texting to Lauren about an upcoming camping trip.. That wasn't McD that was texting/msging Lauren, but rather a friend and fellow HH running club member..(just something I noticed after I posted)

BBM: I am the member discussing what I called a "mystery car".

In two of my posts, I mentioned it.

You are right, Smooth, it was LE questioning to SMcd's mother regarding another car, as to where my line of thinking is at.

I also wondered if LE had video movement of SMcd in another car (borrowed/stolen), or simply had video or a witness to a mystery car in the area, or what caused this line of questioning?

I theorized, IMO only, JMO, that it was possible that that was the case.

I also acknowledge that it is entirely possible, that the car question put forth to SMcd's mother was entirely routine.

Sorry for the confusion on the fact/rumour/theory.

It is totally JMO.

True, but the place is small enough that those who do live there would notice someone coming around for a few days and being oddly comfortable there. Even at 1am one of the few residents there was out and about in the car, coming back and forth, I'd imagine on a weekend it'd be even more active that late.
I just feel whoever did this was far too comfortable with the apartments to be a random non-resident stranger, and I haven't heard of a case like that, where someone comes back to a claustrophobic apartment building multiple times after killing someone to mess with/dispose of the body parts. JMO :waitasec:

BBM ... very much agree. Having trouble making an abduction theory fit with the facts of the case. Why would her door be locked, why would she be dismembered, why would her torso (and other body parts) be brought back to be disposed of .... and most importantly, why would everything we know of MPD's investigation so far be focused squarely on one person, SM, and one location, the apartment complex (three units).

The more this drags out and the more I think about things, the more convinced I am that LE has their man and has had him from day one. Could be wrong but everything we know "fits" with SM being the perp ... Occam's Razor and all that. Looking forward to the presser tomorrow, surely it's not more of "still waiting for results, no answers for you yet".

TIA..

LOL, I do know that............that's why I said SUSPICIOUS and mentioned I'd not heard about another car until now, it was mentioned prior to this, was it not? Yes the other reason is simply that there was LIKELY suspicion of ANOTHER CAR, POSSIBLY involving another individual instead of just McD...................I was thinking more along the lines that someone mentioned a suspicious vehicle in the lot. I've heard they have gotten hundreds of tips, so I would never have guessed the LE was making up cars in their minds but maybe ruling out another person or wondering if the reported vehicle was SMcD OTHER CAR

If SM did this, I wonder if in a way his rage was directed not so much at Lauren but at the whole of his peers, the law class, etc. -- "Outsider takes the Golden Girl". Kind of out there, but something to ponder.

Interesting...........but I keep wondering why at the week or 2 before you both move out. He was leaving on the 15th July but parents moved him this week I think, Just odd timing or maybe perp thought "perfect" timing, thinnking he'd be gone and the body wouldnt' be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim