GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, haha. Here is an update from today on Associated Press.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...G_MDOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"Authorities have been awaiting results of FBI lab testing on items such as blood, fiber and fingerprints that could help determine who killed and dismembered the 27-year-old recent graduate of Mercer University's law school."

I wonder if that means there was indeed blood found at Barristers Hall in regards to the crime.........

Or just that they are looking for traces of blood. Curious if they used the black light or such to look for cleaned up blood stains (visible under certain light)

I hear that luminol destroys evidence, and that they had to use a whole lot of luminol and even outsource it, so I wonder if their blood evidence is compromised from having to use so much luminol to find it???

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...G_MDOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"Authorities have been awaiting results of FBI lab testing on items such as blood, fiber and fingerprints that could help determine who killed and dismembered the 27-year-old recent graduate of Mercer University's law school."

I wonder if that means there was indeed blood found at Barristers Hall in regards to the crime.........

News articles stated that Lauren's apartment didn't seem disturbed so there must not have been any blood in there (assuming it hadn't been cleaned up and they found traces of it). That leaves 2 other apartments where they could have found blood. Very interesting.

I have a question for anyone who knows this area.. Is the area of the trash bins(where the torso was found) in the direct vicinity of where Cars parked, more specifically where Lauren's car was parked(I know most won't know what spot but I believe in the very earliest of video there was Lauren's car shown before it was towed)..

Anyway the reason I ask is if you go back to the McD on cam interview Michelle states that the body was found right by Lauren's car.. So I was wondering if the trash bins were located in that same area thus the reason the reporter made such statement..

Luminol is used with some kind of light source but you have to or is better done at night, maybe that's why the LE was over there several nights searching.
Also infrared light can be used alone. I was wondering more on SMcD apt but interesting yes, I remember reading that too about her apt not being disturbed so as was mentioned before here, she was probably lured outside?

Or just that they are looking for traces of blood. Curious if they used the black light or such to look for cleaned up blood stains (visible under certain light)
Don't forget, they removed some of the plumbing.
Some of the items sent for testing include plumbing drain traps from Giddings’ apartment and the apartment next door to hers where 25-year-old Stephen McDaniel, a fellow May law school graduate, lived.

I have a question for anyone who knows this area.. Is the area of the trash bins(where the torso was found) in the direct vicinity of where Cars parked, more specifically where Lauren's car was parked(I know most won't know what spot but I believe in the very earliest of video there was Lauren's car shown before it was towed)..

Anyway the reason I ask is if you go back to the McD on cam interview Michelle states that the body was found right by Lauren's car.. So I was wondering if the trash bins were located in that same area thus the reason the reporter made such statement..

The bins are located right next to the apartment directly beneath her, she most likely parked right next to them by the left side of the fork in the staircase leading only to her and McD's apts up the stairs. This would place her car within 30 feet of the bins.

From what I saw on video was, looking at the building on the left corner/edge of balcony, was where the body was retrieved, behind the makeshift drapings. I did see the trash collector over there a week ago on Thursday, back to the RIGHT side of the building,looking at it.
Weird to place it right there, in her trash bin, I guess that removes any obvious suspicion of others if it's not in their trash bin

That text circulating was completely avoidable, IMO.

Like I said, the pot is simmering, and reaching a boiling point.

EVERYONE needs an update. It's a darn good thing there is going to be one tomorrow.

Thank-you, LE.

BBM-Hi Wondergirl, curious what you mean by that?

A person who is a great debater is one who can win when they do not agree with their own view. Without seeing the entire email and responses, it is hard to tell. I am looking forward to seeing this, and hopefully, finding out the background from a few sources.

For now, I have to go buy more items for my daughter to move into her new apartment next week. She will be back down in Macon full time after this week. I want this resolved now. I would like to feel a little more secure sending her back down there to stay.

Sometimes the student must become the teacher or the teacher must become the student in order to get a good grasp on the situation.

A couple of other questions..

In catching up reading the last couple pages of posts I've seen It mentioned about a mysterious car or a vehicle possibly related to the murder that has not yet been located?*
Just wondering where this info or rumor came from..*
TIA to anyone who knows..

Secondly, very early on as in the day of discovering the torso.. Were there not reports that atleast one other body part had been located in another trash bin? I remember this being said but have not heard it mentioned again since very early on..
I remember all the crazy rumors that were running rampant in following days about body parts being discovered.. But this was immediately after the torso was found.. I know several were under the impression that possibly all parts had been located or for the most part.. Until it was announced that her head and another limb were still missing.. Which would lead credence to their having been other parts found early on..

The torso was found alone so if the head and another limb were still missing at some point after finding the torso they wouldve had to have located atleast one or
More other parts.. Does anyone know for certain what the accurate account is that took place.. As far as finding something else after the torso..

Again TIA to anyone who knows..

With her phone and all inside, I have no doubt it was someone she knows. But, I do think they got her away from the area where it would be easily noticed. Around back is another parking lot. You can access it if you turn in the back road. Not all that unusual if coming that way anyway, but less likely to be seen by most traffic. I don't think the gang thing makes sense. That isn't normal gang activity. But, someone she knew could get her out to a car for minute. Even by saying, "I know you are moving soon. I have something for you out in the car. Come on, I'll show it to you." And she leaves everything and walks right out the door with the person. She only plans on being gone a second and she has a key right outside.

About that back parking lot and gate: There are a few parking spaces, four or five max that are normally occupied by the residents that live in the back. I wouldn't call it a lot by any means. I think that Barristers is the type of complex that everyone knows what car everyone drives and everyone generally parks in the same space all of the time. Residents are allowed to have one guest car visiting but I have known of people having more than one guest car and the landlord gets pissed. There were residents living there all summer and some coming back on the weekends. I guess it's possible that a strange car could have been in the back at some time and people would have thought it was a guest. If stephen's car had been parked in the bCk for any length of time, I think that people would have noticed and thought it was odd. You have to pull in diagonally into the the back spaces and the front of your car is literally right at someone's front door. It's very tight in the back and not easily accessible or quick to get out of. There is a back gate but I have never seen it remain unlocked or used on a regular basis. I'm not even sure that all of the residents have a key to unlock it. Barristers is a small complex with parking very limited and tight and even the front where lauren's apt was is pretty close to the road. It's not a place where you could park a car and "lay low."

Lauren would have had her first day of bar testing today if she were still alive. I just hope the other 3L's haven't been too distraught or distracted over this to do well on their test. Good luck to them all!

Wording is different, most interested in the burglary mentioned below as if someone else told LE that McD stole from them............I've always wondered how that was discovered, it appears he was reported and he just admitted it, but how was it "without their knowledge" LOL if they are reporting it, unless that just meant "without their permission"

snipped
McDaniel was arrested early Friday morning on a burglary charge related to an incident that occurred between December 26, 2008 and January 31, 2009. Police said he is accused of taking property from a neighbor’s apartment without their knowledge—but Giddings was not the alleged victim.
According to police, McDaniel admitted to the burglary while being interviewed by detectives overnight.
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...graduate’s-apartment-building/?iref=obnetwork

A couple of other questions..

In catching up reading the last couple pages of posts I've seen It mentioned about a mysterious car or a vehicle possibly related to the murder that has not yet been located?*
Just wondering where this info or rumor came from..*
TIA to anyone who knows..

Secondly, very early on as in the day of discovering the torso.. Were there not reports that atleast one other body part had been located in another trash bin? I remember this being said but have not heard it mentioned again since very early on..
I remember all the crazy rumors that were running rampant in following days about body parts being discovered.. But this was immediately after the torso was found.. I know several were under the impression that possibly all parts had been located or for the most part.. Until it was announced that her head and another limb were still missing.. Which would lead credence to their having been other parts found early on..

The torso was found alone so if the head and another limb were still missing at some point after finding the torso they wouldve had to have located atleast one or
More other parts.. Does anyone know for certain what the accurate account is that took place.. As far as finding something else after the torso..

Again TIA to anyone who knows..

Just FYI, I had heard that half frozen parts were found in various trashbins in the area. Not a quote from anything.

BBM-Hi Wondergirl, curious what you mean by that?

The undercurrent of rumors and fear as expressed at Macon news websites, and amongst the residents of Macon and area, combined with a lack of strong assurance from LE that they were safe, have caused things like the circulating text, and that could have been avoided, IMO, simply by a little more information and re-assurance from LE.

I am not blaming LE here, but, this heinous crime, combined with the very odd legal wranglings going on with the only known POI, have created an atmosphere of fear and suspicion. JMO

Thanks tomkat.. Would not it have to be true that atleast some of the other missing parts were recovered if we know the torso was found alone and that there is the head and another body part still missing??

KWIM? that would leave more parts that had to have been found since we know the torso was found first by itself?

KWIM?

Talk about the content of the e-mail is going to stop right now. Unless it can be posted in the forum for everyone to read, or you can produce a link, keep it to yourself.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:
“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

About that back parking lot and gate: There are a few parking spaces, four or five max that are normally occupied by the residents that live in the back. I wouldn't call it a lot by any means. I think that Barristers is the type of complex that everyone knows what car everyone drives and everyone generally parks in the same space all of the time. Residents are allowed to have one guest car visiting but I have known of people having more than one guest car and the landlord gets pissed. There were residents living there all summer and some coming back on the weekends. I guess it's possible that a strange car could have been in the back at some time and people would have thought it was a guest. If stephen's car had been parked in the bCk for any length of time, I think that people would have noticed and thought it was odd. You have to pull in diagonally into the the back spaces and the front of your car is literally right at someone's front door. It's very tight in the back and not easily accessible or quick to get out of. There is a back gate but I have never seen it remain unlocked or used on a regular basis. I'm not even sure that all of the residents have a key to unlock it. Barristers is a small complex with parking very limited and tight and even the front where lauren's apt was is pretty close to the road. It's not a place where you could park a car and "lay low."

Lauren would have had her first day of bar testing today if she were still alive. I just hope the other 3L's haven't been too distraught or distracted over this to do well on their test. Good luck to them all!

Wasn't it reported very early on that many of the residents had already moved out for the summer? I thought only a couple of apartments were occupied. And I count 12 parking places in the back.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1058+Georgia+Ave.,+macon,+ga&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88f3fe883be1b14d:0x885045b24924dcd4,1058+Georgia+Ave,+Macon,+GA+31201&gl=us&ei=4mgvTu-MGI260AG2o9jSAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

AH! Looked closer. I meant the back of HER building, not the second building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654