GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it has been discussed her or if any reference has been made to it in media reports. But are we sure that Lauren was killed on the 25th? I mean, is it possible that she was kept alive somewhere, obviously against her will, for days before she was killed? I'm sure the police know by now at what stage of decomp the body was in...but I just wasn't sure if it had been mentioned.

Also, a few notes of interest:

1. There are multiple easily accessible trash bins within quick walking distance to Lauren's apartment.

A. There is a huge trash bin, including multiple smaller ones 200 feet away in the law school parking lot.

B. There is a second huge trash bin behind the ATT building next door to the apartments: georgia ave, macon, ga - Google Maps

C. There is plenty of tree coverage and darkness along the alley behind Orange street, where many of the houses keep their trash bins.

2. During his first year of law school, SM sent out an email to the entire student body that was very strange and caused him to become significantly more of an outsider than he may have otherwise become. It was a "political hypothetical" that attacked Barack Obama and he received significant rebuking from the rest of the school.

3. Despite being ostracized by his classmates, SM continued to seek ways to participate in school and even ran for a school-wide elected position (honor court)--something that he never did during undergraduate.

4. It is my understanding that McDaniel 'intercepted' the student search team when they arrived at Lauren's apartment and did not play any meaningful role in going through her apartment or have any personal knowledge of the email that was sent out.

5. The notion that SM 'crashed' the graduation party at Fish n' Pig is silly. There are very few 'nice' restaurants in Macon and Fish n' Pig is the best one for a family that doesn't want to spend a ton of money and there were likely several families there celebrating.

6. SM is an incredibly pleasant and smart person based on my personal experiences and based on everything I have heard from everyone else who knows him.

Thank-you for your post, HP.

Very interesting observations about the numerous trash bins available, yet not (?) used.

Would you happen to know if they were all on the same pick-up route for Thursday, or would, say, the large law school or ATT bins have been picked up on a different day?

Wouldn't it be conspicuous for a passerby to dump their garbage in one of those large bins, and don't they have surveillance video?

Didn't LG's mom say she died doing something she loved?

I don't have the story right at fingertip, but I THINK it was more like she said she hoped maybe that she died doing something she loved, as though perhaps there was SOME evidence indicating that she might have.

Thank-you for your post, HP.

Very interesting observations about the numerous trash bins available, yet not (?) used.

Would you happen to know if they were all on the same pick-up route for Thursday, or would, say, the large law school or ATT bins have been picked up on a different day?

Wouldn't it be conspicuous for a passerby to dump their garbage in one of those large bins, and isn't their surveillance video there?

The vast majority of the inner-city was picked up on Thursday, I don't know when the large bins are picked up. However, around the holidays (4th of July) the schedule would sometimes change leading up to it or afterwards to stagger time off for city employees.

There would be absolutely nothing conspicuous about dropping something into those bins, or even any of the bins in the alleys nearby or already on the street. There is very limited video surveillance at the law school, as far as I know. Also, all students know the schedule for in-person police security at the law school, since Mercer and the student body takes it very seriously.

Yes, her mom did say that. It could mean that...or, the law (since she was in the midst of studying for the bar). Her mom also said, in that same interview, that LE thought/told her that Lauren didn't know what hit her. How would they know that?

In the comments section of Macon.com, someone posting as a relative of LG's explained that LG's mother was referring to where LG was in her life in general - meaning that she was moving along in the pursuit of her dreams with no idea that someone was out there who was capable of doing this to her. In other words, she didn't know she was in any kind of danger.

Since there is no way to verify the accuracy of the comment or identity of the poster, that explanation must be consider rumor, not verified fact.

Also, I believe LG's mother said she hoped that she died doing something she loved, not that she knew that as fact. I will look for the exact quote.

Not sure if it has been discussed her or if any reference has been made to it in media reports. But are we sure that Lauren was killed on the 25th? I mean, is it possible that she was kept alive somewhere, obviously against her will, for days before she was killed? I'm sure the police know by now at what stage of decomp the body was in...but I just wasn't sure if it had been mentioned.
It's a good question, and it has been mentioned. Of course we don't know the answer. The only reference we have is a rather vague statement by the Bibb County Coroner

Based on the level of decomposition of the remains, Jones said it didn’t appear as though Giddings had been dead for a long time.

IMO it's not some young gangsters that on a maniacal rage night of initiation they randomly chose Lauren to murder and dismember(along with several other assaults pre and post mortem) and then keep and hide several of her missing body parts while taking her torso back to her apt complex and putting it in her trash bins for Thursday garbage pick up day..

<snipped, and emphasis mine>

Have I missed something? Has info been released that there were "several other assaults pre and post mortem? I know we have speculated, but is this official now?

“I hope nobody’s hiding anything from me, but from what we’re finding out, Lauren didn’t really know what hit her,” Karen Giddings said, pausing to hold back tears. “Hopefully there wasn’t a lot of suffering, so she might have been in the midst of doing something she was loving ... and she never saw what was happening.”

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/09/1625474/police-hope-lab-results-from-74.html#storylink=misearch

Here is the exact quote. The way it is written does sound as though she learned something that made her think LG "didn't know what hit her" at the point of attack, in contrast to what the person posting as a family member explained in the comments (to a subsequent story).

She does use the word "hopefully" though when speaking of the point of attack directly.

As far as the "night of rage" thing goes... and the GPS units being taken out of cars... I was just letting ya'll know what a young lady who lives next to Lauren said about the night in question... she was just pretty creeped out by it all... I never intended this to mean that the two were necessarily connected or that Lauren's disappearance had anything to do with this...

I did find a link, though, that mentioned Lauren called the police to her apartment only twice while she lived in Macon, once in early 2009 when her dog was struck by a car...

"and again last November when someone swiped a dashboard GPS from the console of her tan Mitsubishi Galant". GPS. Strange, huh? So someone broke into her car last year and took her GPS at the apartments... Could this person have seen her picture on an ID or something in the car as well and remembered Lauren? Could they have come back for her? She was a tall, pretty, athletic girl... with a memorable look about her... It would not be impossible that someone could have become fixated or obsessed with her... and waited (even a year's time) for the right opportunity to grab her or catch her alone....

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/12/1628415/while-in-macon-giddings-called.html

Thats why even if the "night of rage" is completely off base, it is interesting and important to hear accounts from locals... even if the details seem unimportant or improbable.

Like I said before, I don't think the two are necessarily related... It could have just been our Macon hoodlums out and about and feeling frisky that night... BUT.... something hinky IS going on in Macon right now. period. A young woman was taken, killed, and dismembered.... and it is worth looking over everything that was seen or heard during the time period in question. From living here in this town my whole life... weird things happen here.... They just do. And the fact that a month has gone by with no results from the FBI (at least that the public knows of) is extremely odd. So they rushed down here the first day this happened and yet we still know.... NOTHING? I hope not, of course, but I think we will find out the true details of this crime are even worse than we think. and....as always, JMO. :)

I thought at first the "didn't know what hit her" conclusion may have been drawn from a lack of defensive wounds on SM, indicating she hadn't put up a fight and therefore was probably incapacitated quickly.

Of course, that means nothing if he is not the perp.

As far as the "night of rage" thing goes... and the GPS units being taken out of cars... I was just letting ya'll know what a young lady who lives next to Lauren said about the night in question... she was just pretty creeped out by it all... I never intended this to mean that the two were necessarily connected or that Lauren's disappearance had anything to do with this...

I did find a link, though, that mentioned Lauren called the police to her apartment only twice while she lived in Macon, once in early 2009 when her dog was struck by a car...

"and again last November when someone swiped a dashboard GPS from the console of her tan Mitsubishi Galant". GPS. Strange, huh? So someone broke into her car last year and took her GPS at the apartments... Could this person have seen her picture on an ID or something in the car as well and remembered Lauren? Could they have come back for her? She was a tall, pretty, athletic girl... with a memorable look about her... It would not be impossible that someone could have become fixated or obsessed with her... and waited (even a year's time) for the right opportunity to grab her or catch her alone....

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/12/1628415/while-in-macon-giddings-called.html

Thats why even if the "night of rage" is completely off base, it is interesting and important to hear accounts from locals... even if the details seem unimportant or improbable.

Like I said before, I don't think the two are necessarily related... It could have just been our Macon hoodlums out and about and feeling frisky that night... BUT.... something hinky IS going on in Macon right now. period. A young woman was taken, killed, and dismembered.... and it is worth looking over everything that was seen or heard during the time period in question. From living here in this town my whole life... weird things happen here.... They just do. And the fact that a month has gone by with no results from the FBI (at least that the public knows of) is extremely odd. So they rushed down here the first day this happened and yet we still know.... NOTHING? I hope not, of course, but I think we will find out the true details of this crime are even worse than we think. and....as always, JMO. :)

I also think that the details of the crime are much more than we think or know. The fact that Lauren had called police twice has been linked way upstream and discussed.

Like you, I think that the case hinges on what evidence, if any, has been revealed from the samples taken from Barristers Hall.

Hello, and welcome, Givesmetheshivers. The locals might be familiar with other recent dismemberment cases in Georgia. I can't think of any off hand, but in general, dismemberment is not that all that uncommon.

:welcome5:

It is not the dismemberment part that is similar....it is the same date but a few years earlier and the victim appeared to be a runner or athelete.

Re: Backwoods referring to the audio/video interview of McD and stating that as was posted upstream about McD stating Lauren was scared and feared staying in her apt as well as stating why didn't they get her outta the Apt if she was scared.. I stated those things upthread.. And Backwoods says there were none of those things heard when thy listened or watched the audio/video..

You may want to go back and listen again because exactly what I stated upthread was what Stephen McDaniel said in the on cam interview.. Here is the transcript of the words in black and white as stated by McD..

MCDANIEL: We -- Joe, he got onto her computer last night to see if she'd sent anything. She'd sent an e-mail out to some people that afternoon talking about like going out to eat or something. And the last thing that anyone -- there was an e-mail that she sent out after 10 that night where she -- she sent it to -- I think it was someone in Atlanta, a friend of hers in Atlanta. And he -- she said that she -- she was afraid in her apartment, that she thought someone had tried to break in on Thursday night and that she -- she was afraid to stay in there.But --

MICHELLE: Where did you hear -- where did you hear that from, from Joe?

MCDANIEL: No. He pulled it up, and we read it off the screen.

MICHELLE: She had sent that to a friend in Atlanta?

MCDANIEL: Yeah. I can't remember his name, but --

MICHELLE: But you hadn't heard anything on Thursday night --

MCDANIEL: No.

MICHELLE: -- like a break-in?

MCDANIEL: No.

MICHELLE: She never came to tell you anything?

MCDANIEL: No. I'm -- if she had, I could've done something. I -- I could've lent her a handgun. I've got a little handgun that I have for defense, and --

MICHELLE: Well, she could've heard something.

MCDANIEL: Yeah. I mean something. I mean, if she was afraid in her apartment, then I mean get her out of there.

^above^ BBM are:
The 2 specific quotes about her being scared to stay in her apt along with him stating if she were scared then get her outta her apt..

Everything that I have personally stated about McD's comments from the on cam interview are true and can be heard clearly or read clearly in black and white as is ^above^..

You may want to listen to this audio that this transcript is directly transcribed from.. Here is the link:
http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3_NWe-tAb

Furthermore regarding the portion of the interview that I quoted and bolded in my ^above^ post.. These are the exact statements of McD's that her sister Kaitlyn on two separate occasions has rebutted and said these statements made by the neighbor (McD) were not accurate or true.. According to her sister there was nothing said or indicated that Lauren feared or was scared to stay in her apt..

Take it for what it's worth but that is what Kaitlyn has stated on NG show 2 nites ago and on Fox show last night..

Furthermore regarding the portion of the interview that I quoted and bolded in my ^above^ post.. These are the exact statements of McD's that her sister Kaitlyn on two separate occasions has rebutted and said these statements made by the neighbor (McD) were not accurate or true.. According to her sister there was nothing said or indicated that Lauren feared or was scared to stay in her apt..

Take it for what it's worth but that is what Kaitlyn has stated on NG show 2 nites ago and on Fox show last night..

I didn't take what her sister said to be a rebuttal at all. Just that the email mentioned it, but that she had never given the impression that she was scared in the past...

<snipped, and emphasis mine>

Have I missed something? Has info been released that there were "several other assaults pre and post mortem? I know we have speculated, but is this official now?
Did I state that the detail was official?
No I did not but rather said jmo.. <modsnip>
That is not official and it is not stated as official just as in my post you quoted and emphasized it was not stated as official..

FYI-
JMO= just my opinion
IMO= in my opinion
MOO= My opinion only

It is lingo such as this that tells that someone is stating their opinion and NOT an official fact..

HTH!!

For what it's worth, here is Wheeler'statement from the NG transcript:

WHEELER: In her e-mail that was last sent, she has said that someone had tried to break into her apartment Thursday night and that she was afraid. But in general, she was not afraid of her apartment, like had been said in an interview by her neighbor. She did feel safe there. There was never a threat. It was just in that e-mail that we found that she had mentioned someone trying to break in.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/22/ng.01.html

That combined with what wondergirl just posted for us from tonight's NG transcript her sister now says this email did not indicate this grave amount of fear that McD seemed so badly for us to believe.. Sister indicates that is not accurate at all.. Now seeming even more suspect is McD's strange elaborate measures he went into in discussing this going as far as to make this whine type of cry about why didn't they get her out of there if she was so scared!!???
<snip>
Those are the words of McD:. And now hearing the stark contrast of what is the truth from her sister Kaitlyn.. It again makes these things from McD's mouth.. His behaviors.. Etc that much more suspect IMO..
<snip>

I am highly suspicious of McD's elaborate details of the email especially upon learning from her sister that thise details are not accurate in the least.. The very details that McD Harped on the longest and the loudest.. Hhhmmmm...

<the snips and emphasis are mine>

Hoo, didn't mean to toestep here, but apparently I did ... Well ...

Smooth, the quote above is from your original post about this topic, back toward the beginning of this thread, I believe. I didn't hunt it up nor mention your name for my recent post about the SM interview because it wasn't the MAIN thrust of my post -- I DID mention it in passing in my recent post, and perhaps I should have refrained from doing so. If so, I'm sorry.
You and I had already expressed different opinions on whether the sister and SM were in total disagreement about the email expressing any fear, way back there shortly after you made the original post, and a few others had offered their opinions, too, with a range of opinions being expressed.

The transcript you quoted a few posts above here proves my point that when SM was talking about fear expressed in the email, he didn't "make this whine type of cry about why didn't they get her out of there if she was so scared" -- when he said "if she's scared, get her out of there," the transcript shows, he was in fact talking about his own regret (whether real or feigned) that he hadn't known she was scared, wished he had known, so that he could have helped.

He did indeed say that the email indicated she was scared, you are right, I never said he didn't. I also feel the sister indicated that the email indicated some fear. My most recent post was to say that I agreed with the recent poster who had basically said that the sister's view of the email and SM's weren't so different, considering the different times and circumstances they were confronting it, and then went on to consider some other factors about the circumstances in SM's case.

No attack or offense toward you was meant nor any distracting disruption to the discussion on this forum.

She was not afraid of her apartment, like had been said in an interview by her neighbor. She did feel safe there. There was never a threat. It was just in that e-mail that we found that she had mentioned someone trying to break in.

^above^ BBM.. This is Kaitlyn's words.. She says that Lauren was not afraid like the neighbor had stated in his interview..

She is making a direct statement that what was said by the neighbor was not correct.. She brings up the neighbors comments and says that things were not like he stated them to be.. She rebuts what the neighbor stated..

Did I state that the detail was official?
No I did not but rather said jmo.. <modsnip>
That is not official and it is not stated as official just as in my post you quoted and emphasized it was not stated as official..

FYI-
JMO= just my opinion
IMO= in my opinion
MOO= My opinion only

It is lingo such as this that tells that someone is stating their opinion and NOT an official fact..

HTH!!

Did you state that it was official...? I don't know, that's why I asked. I couldn't really tell what parts of your post your lingo applied to and which it didn't apply to. It was an interesting post and that part jumped out at me, and I simply wanted to know if that had been confirmed, thought I had missed some official release of info perhaps. Again, no offense meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli