GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen-McDaniel-In-Court-%20(7).jpg

I'd like to hear honest opinions on what some think of this picture in particular..(there is nothing right or wrong just individual's opinions).. Specifically the expression on his face..

I'd like to hear honest opinions on what some think of this picture in particular..(there is nothing right or wrong just individual's opinions).. Specifically the expression on his face..
I just see a blank expression. I don't read anything into it. Maybe shock, if anything.

I have a question for Colonel Mustard if he would be kind enough to answer. Will the probable cause hearing be open to the public and/or allowed to be taped to show on the news?

We have heard the press conference but did not learn any new factual evidence although we hoped we would. I really did not expect to hear anything else from this police chief at this time. I keep returning to something that truly baffles me--the 2 condoms which allowed the 2 separate burglary charges against SM. SM is a 25-year-old unmarried male so one would expect to find condoms in his apartment; seeing 2 regular packages in his apartment should not cause suspicion. For some reason, I believe that these 2 condoms are important to the murder charge. LE brought 2 separate burglary charges because of the condoms. Did these charges help to establish, in a legal way, SM's possession of them? We don't know if they were in packages or not or used or unused. I just think there is something significant involving them in some way other than the burglary charges. Does anyone remember what caused LE to focus on them enough to ask him about them in the first place? We may not have been given this info though.

I questioned this a while back.

I thought he may have put them in his backpack or car and disposed of them in the dumpsters at school.

Did the MPD not have cadaver dogs and search these dumpsters? I would think they should have checked Mercer's dumpsters.

I keep returning to something that truly baffles me--the 2 condoms which allowed the 2 separate burglary charges against SM. .... We may not have been given this info though.

I don't think they ever said. I read that he "volunteered" the info that he stole them, but I too am interested in how this would have ever come up in conversation.

I also think there's something more here that they're not telling. Could the condoms possibly have been used in a sexual assault against LG? I dont know how that would tie in to them being stolen though. This part baffles me.

Ok, this is all just an unprofessional approach to psychoanalysis but hey:
Disassociated and remote. He is, IMO, trying to fight off reality and maintain control over what he will and will not accept about the situation he's in, driving him into denial so deep that he resorts to disassociation and that results in a disconnected affect. I see control as being especially important to him as an individual, and when his confidence in his ability to exercise that control over his circumstances is threatened or challenged, he maneuvers like the dickens, whatever cognitive acrobatics are necessary to reaffirm a feeling of control. I also believe he's conscious of the cameras and making a strange attempt to appear harmless and innocent, not realizing that in truth we'd all feel a lot better about his innocence if he looked traumatized, horrified, angry, something besides blank and polite.

Smooth, this is the one pic that caught my eye in the slideshow. I had to take a double take. I took it at first glance as a smirk or he almost looks smug like he is above all this. JMO

I don't think they ever said. I read that he "volunteered" the info that he stole them, but I too am interested in how this would have ever come up in conversation.

I also think there's something more here that they're not telling. Could the condoms possibly have been used in a sexual assault against LG? I dont know how that would tie in to them being stolen though. This part baffles me.

You have worded this exactly in the way it is perplexing me.

Did the MPD not have cadaver dogs and search these dumpsters? I would think they should have checked Mercer's dumpsters.

Dooly County volunteers brought 2 cadaver dogs to help Macon Police· search for murdered 27 year old Lauren Giddings' remains. The dogs focused their search near Mercer Law School, The Rose Hill Cemetery, railroad tracks near the Ocmulgee River, and a wooded area just off 1-16 near Baconsfield.

According to Police·Chief Mike Burns, this was the·second round of cadaver dog searches, and it·did not present any new evidence. Burns says authorities are continuing to interview several people of interest.
http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/5813-cadaver-dogs-search-for-giddings-remains
A police news release says they searched several other locations, including the area surrounding the apartment complex, Rose Hill Cemetery, the area along the Ocmulgee River and nearby railroad tracks and Baconsfield Park, where Giddings often jogged.

This morning police have searched around Gidding's apartment complex, around the house directly next to the apartments, and around parts of the Mercer Law School campus.

Police say they will continue to search until they have covered all the area that they plan to or until the weather gets too hot for the dogs.

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/search-clues-resumes-friday-giddings-case/54936
Looks like they did ...

I see someone who is engaged, alert, attentive to what is being said. Nothing remarkable.

Good picture of McD Those pupils look normal to me , not dilated. The close up of his fingernails however, blecch !!

I agree, I think the smug thing is his defense mechanism.

I almost said he looked smug too. There's almost a slight curve to his mouth but then I was wondering if it just looked that way because of his mustache hair line.

I don't take him as being smug, but I'd need to see clear video of his face to tell.

Can you explain what you mean? AFIK, there have only been three occasions where McD's family was quoted in the media. Twice from his Mom and once from an Aunt.

His aunt, M McD R has been all over the Macon.com comments and possibly some other family members too.

Classmate Charged In Mercer Law Grad's Killing

"MACON, Ga. -- A classmate and neighbor of a recent Mercer University law school graduate has been charged with killing her.Stephen Mark McDaniel, who had been held for a month in the Bibb County jail on unrelated burglary charges, was charged on Tuesday with killing Lauren Giddings."

link: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

From an Atlanta station - Includes video of a brief interview today with Stephen's mother, with a promise of "more to come"

I see shock. I see someone partly far away from all this but making an effort to be attentive. I don't see smugness, whether or not that might be one of his usual defense mechanisms. This looks like someone with defenses stripped away pretty much, at least for the moment. I see vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli