GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
l'm really having trouble conjuring up as much sympathy for her at this point. She pointed the finger at someone else's child and is trying to get the media to jump on board that he is the "true" murderer.

I get that this must be a horrible nightmare for GM, but dragging others down with her won't fix the hurt.

i'm thinking the whole family is a little off in the head.

I agree that Mrs. McD hasn't been acting at her best. But I think LG's sister and mother have set the proper tone for all of us when they said "We pray for the McDaniel family."

I'm assuming here that Mrs. McD is repeating things Stephen told her. While it's certainly bad form to do so, and bad for SMD's defense to do so, and does injury to others, surely it's human nature for Mrs. McD to try to get people to understand that her precious child couldn't have done those terrible things. Wouldn't you want your own mother to disbelieve that you could have done some of the (probably minor) bad things you've done?

I wish the media would leave Mrs. McD alone. She doesn't know anything about what happened and isn't able to see what has been revealed in pretty clear fashion to the rest of us.

The poor woman is distraught, traumatized, harrassed, confused, sinking, spinning, and scrambling to make sense of this whole mess, and LOYAL to her son who has obviously never been in trouble before this. Unlike other parents with juvenile delinquents, who are just waiting for the day their child is caught . Anyone hating on GM is not a much better than her (for those who think she's a terrible person), SMcD hasn't been proven guilty YET........People need to pray for SMcD family.

I would like to see the saw receipt. It would be most interesting to see what other purchases he thought were necessary to take down the "pear tree.":waitasec:

EXACTLY! And when those purchases were made....I would be surprised if it were April.....

I hate to inform Mrs. McDaniel that...

A) Her dogging of LE as if they did something "wrong", nefarious, or illegal by threatening her son that they would seek the death penalty for the murderof Lauren.. They did NOTHING wrong, illegal, or nefarious here..

And..

B) I hate to tell her that not only was it not wrong what they said to her son, but it was no idle threat, either!! .. It is a written in stone fact that for what he is charged with, Felony Murder can absolutely without a shadow of a doubt be penalized with a death sentence..

She really, really needs to shut her pie hole.. As I have said I have sympathy for this woman(tho to be completely honest it is waning).. I full well realize no mother wants to be faced with the truth that their son brutally slaughtered and desecrated a beautiful human being with a bright&successful future ahead of her.. But honestly, as I said that sympathy is waning because of her actions, behaviors, and entire attitude(again I fully realize the extrem difficulty this woman is presently enduring).. But that in no way IMO excuses her lashing out and dragging into the hellish nightmare a completely innocent bystander who is in no way involved whatsoever.. But rather has the misfortune of being a fellow law student and neighbor to SM, her son.. Wrong place at the wrong time.. And that's it!!! For yer to take an innocent bystander who without her blabbing incessantly to the media of the bold faced obvious lies spewing from her son's mouth.. Without her having done so this innocent person is able to go on about his innocent life.. Itis her directly(just as well as her son directly) the two of them IMO are responsible for the suffering this innocent man is now enduring..

Look I get it!! Misery loves company!!! And she full well knows she's within the very depths of misery at this point and what I see happening is her behaving in an extremely reckless, careless, and with absolutely no regard for an innocent PERSON's well being she is dragging others into those depths of misery that she, herself is in.. Tho I may understand the reasons behind these behaviors and actions of Mrs. McDaniel.. It still however IMO does in no way whatsoever excuse her behavior amd actions.. Which as I said earlier IMO deserve to have legal action immediately taken against her for choosing to willingly continue these reckless, careless, and with no regard for innocent bystanders.. Behaviors and actions for which she is presently wreaking havoc on this innocent young man's entire life as well as his future..

I'm sorry that, IMO is not ok.. It is not excusable.. And it should be put to a halt immediately with whatever steps necessary in order for her to have that pie hole sealed SHUT!!

Jmo, tho!!

I forgot, "BLIND" and "DESPERATE"... in my last post.............

REALLY.the woman does NOT KNOW, she will in time, but for now, SHE DOES NOT KNOW ,,,,,,,what she is doing/saying/believing is wrong, I wonder how we would react to such. Never say never, you dont' know unless you live it!!!!

I think there are a whole lot of mothers with "unusual" sons thanking their lucky stars about now...more and more young people develop non-mainstream interests these days, many of which involved the internet, etc. and may keep them away from the "real world" and are perfectly harmless, but many others can no longer separate RL from fantasy...

Given what I've seen so far in this case, I think we're looking at both.
A combination of some genetic psychological disorder, combined with the environment in which he was raised.

Most Definitely. Thanks

I also wonder if McD placed the saw in the maintenance room in hopes that MM would use it? Then, the saw would have the MM's fingerprints all over it.

shortened for brevity

THIS is an excellent point, that McD may have hoped the MM would use the saw and get his fingerprints on it.

But then again, why would the MM need to use the saw if he had already moved out? :waitasec:

An interesting idea, Bessie. I don't know much about gamers, but in this case it looks like the barrier between SMD's fantasy world and reality shattered (please pardon the ignorant arm-chair psychology, PsychoMom).

In SMD's reality of law school, wouldn't there be many, many intelligent, independent, athletic, strong women in his class? Most law schools these days are 50% women and most of them are not shrinking violets or helpless damsels in distress.

How about it, Lawette32 (or other current women Mercer law students or graduates)? Was LG the most intelligent, independent, athletic, strong woman in her class? Or was she one among many?
What I'm getting it is testing Bessie's theory -- is it plausible that LG was picked for death because she caused too much tension with SMD's romantic ideals of women? Or, is it more likely that she was just the convenient (girl next door) victim in SMD's "perfect crime"?

I would say a majority of women in law school are dominant and independent personalities. People who choose the field are (typically) not shrinking violets, in my opinion. If he had a problem with her "type" then he likely would have had a problem with a large percentage of the females we go to school with.

Where was it stated that McDaniel's keys could not unlock the utility closet? If he had a bump key then he certainly could have.

I read that he had a master key to the apartments but not to the storage unit. My comment was basically "did the door have a BOLT only or a DOOR KNOB only or BOTH" and I reiterate that a credit card will open a door knob quite easily but not a bolt. I did not make comments in regards to a bump key. Another poster made a good point, that McD could have possibly even slid the hacksaw under the door if the door had a gap large enough at the bottom as some he has seen do..........and hacksaws are pretty slender anyway. I do not know how easily a bump key will open a bolt or knob.

l'm really having trouble conjuring up as much sympathy for her at this point. She pointed the finger at someone else's child and is trying to get the media to jump on board that he is the "true" murderer.

I get that this must be a horrible nightmare for GM, but dragging others down with her won't fix the hurt.

She opened her mouth. Now, she has to deal with the consequences. :banghead:

The tornadoes that hit Macon and caused a lot of damage were not around downtown Macon. The worst was in north Macon, about 10 + miles from where McD lives. I'm pretty sure there was no damage heavy enough in that area that would prompt him to buy a saw and start cutting limbs.

I really hate to say this, but, could SM have bought the hacksaw after the tornadoes went through, and limbs were down, in order to get "some practice"? :(

Yes, in some cities, the sanitation workers still ride on back of the dump truck and jump off and physically pick of the cans and empty into truck

I was at BH around that time frame, give or take, and saw the same

I'm pretty sure the City of Macon garbage trucks pick up these green "herby-curby"'s. The sanitation worker grabs the handle of the rolling bin and puts it in position for the truck's lift mechanism to pick up the bin by a metal bar about two feet below the lid, on the side opposite the handle. The worker then flips open the top (that is hinged near the handle). The mechanism then lifts the bin and dumps it in the truck's bay.

The original point of the first post about the pick up method was that garbage men might very well discover the torso, even though it was wrapped in plastic. Two things occur to me:

1) The plastic might not have been clear (black, brown, etc) and not transparent. Still, there would be an unusually large plastic wrapped object, perhaps odiferous.

2) Because it IS very possible that garbage men would discover the plastic wrapped torso, this method of disposal must not have been the perp's plan of choice.

Even if this killing was not premeditated, the killer had several days to get rid of the body pieces. In my opinion, the torso was placed in the trash in the wee hours between the friends' visit and the MPD's arrival the next morning -- an act of desperation.

Perhaps this Golba body-hunter guy was right that SMD took the body parts to the law school dumpster, but the MLK bridge is a very inviting dump site, provided the perpetrator has no reason to think people might observe 1 or 2 AM trips from an apartment (downstairs fridge?) to a car?

So, why would he carry the torso to the trashcan but not his own car just feet away? If LG's car was parked in front of her apt., and SMD's in front of his, he would have to carry the torso in front of Ms. Spencer's window to get it to his car, but would only have to pass the window of the vacant downstairs apt to get it to the trashcan.

Just guessing ~

How do Glenda and Stephen McDaniel know that the hacksaw LE found is actually Stephen's, anyway???

Excellent point. One would presume that they wouldn't know. All the more reason for Mrs. McDaniel to remain silent. She isn't helping her son...IMO.

I would say a majority of women in law school are dominant and independent personalities. People who choose the field are (typically) not shrinking violets, in my opinion. If he had a problem with her "type" then he likely would have had a problem with a large percentage of the females we go to school with.

Thanks, Lawette32. This info supports my guess -- that LG (while beautiful, intelligent, athletic, strong and independent) wasn't the most beautiful, most intelligent, most athletic, strongest or most independent of the women in her class.

If SMD had managed to hold onto the medeival, romantic fantasy about women that Bessie proposes through three years of law school with alpha females, I think it's unlikely that he snapped in the weeks following graduation, when he no longer was as immersed in that setting with them.

On the other hand, if he had a different fantasy about knowing he could commit "the perfect murder" . . . then the weeks following graduation -- with everyone on different schedules, some leaving, some left, everyone hunkered down studying -- might be an opportune time to try his plan.

Or, if it's a personal obsession of the old-fashioned "can't live without her" type, the lessened contact between them due to the end of classes might move SMD to take action -- either an innocent proposal that, when spurned, turned violent, or something darker along the lines AngelaAnalyzes posited several threads upstream.

What do you think, Bessie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
I guess if it happened that, along with the Stanley brand hacksaw packaging, there was a Stanley brand hacksaw IN SM's apartment (as well as the one in the storage room), LE wouldn't be obligated to say that, would they?

(Don't jump all over me here, folks, I really am asking a serious question, wanting to know.)
They wouldn't be obligated to state that they found a clean hacksaw in Stephen's apartment in addition to the one with LG's DNA in the utility closet, but what leads you to believe there may have been 2 hacksaws?

Backwoods started out by saying: IF IT HAPPENED THAT..............I believe Backwoods meant IT IT HAPPENED TO BE THAT there were 2, and they might mention it if only to prove possible innocence of the accused. ?

Thanks, Lawette32. This info supports my guess -- that LG (while beautiful, intelligent, athletic, strong and independent) wasn't the most beautiful, most intelligent, most athletic, strongest or most independent of the women in her class.

If SMD had managed to hold onto the medeival, romantic fantasy about women that Bessie proposes through three years of law school with alpha females, I think it's unlikely that he snapped in the weeks following graduation, when he no longer was as immersed in that setting with them.

On the other hand, if he had a different fantasy about knowing he could commit "the perfect murder" . . . then the weeks following graduation -- with everyone on different schedules, some leaving, some left, everyone hunkered down studying -- might be an opportune time to try his plan.

Or, if it's a personal obsession of the old-fashioned "can't live without her" type, the lessened contact between them due to the end of classes might move SMD to take action -- either an innocent proposal that, when spurned, turned violent, or something darker along the lines AngelaAnalyzes posited several threads upstream.

What do you think, Bessie?

I think his disgust for alpha women might have compounded throughout the three years until he just snapped. To him, LG might have been representative of "that type" of woman. She would be a convenient woman to fixate his disdain on because she was right next door and easy to focus on as the fallwoman for the entire body of women like her.

Why would a killer go to the trouble of cleaning up a dismemberment site, dumping body parts, but not dump the saw & the keys?

I'm having trouble processing this rationale.

The article and the photos on this site describe the pain of the Giddings family. :(

Must read article.

Md. family’s journey into heartache

giddings01_1310647323.jpg

By Paul Duggan, Saturday, August 6, 8:32 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...to-heartache/2011/08/05/gIQAj47IzI_story.html

Why would a killer go to the trouble of cleaning up a dismemberment site, dumping body parts, but not dump the saw & the keys?

I'm having trouble processing this rationale.
IMO, the only reasoning to this that makes sense at this point is that the "methods to avoid detection" that LE has said he wrote/spoke about, which seemed to be in sync with the facts in this case, included a plan to frame someone else. That or spread clues around in such a way as to completely confuse LEs investigation efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery