GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren was a beautiful person both inside and out.. She IMO was not typical in any way whatsoever.. She was far ^above^ typical anything.. This woman was an intelligent, gifted individual and not only gifted in the area of intelligence but more importantly gifted with a magnificent and overly large heart of true gold in it's purest form.. One of the very first words that I ever read about Lauren Giddings was that she had "a huge heart".. It has proven to be the most true, honest, and absolute of accurate details about this entire investigation.. And it wasn't just one or two.. Or those closest as immediate family members that were repeating this sentiment over and over.. It was everyone and anyone who knew her, who had any interactions with her, and I'd imagine even those who were nothing short of perfect strangers to her and only had the fortune of crossing paths with her for one brief moment of their lifetimes, they too would speak this truth that is one, stone cold, hard fact that I can rest my head on with certainty in this case.. Lauren had a magnificent warm, kind, giving, and caring heart and spirit about her.. It's without a doubt..

It hurts me, as in a genuine pain inside me that I can actually feel.. It pains me to hear such words spoken by her such as some of this newly quoted snippets from the article on her family.. It is a very real pain inside me that is struck when I read her words in defense of her socially awkward neighbor.. That she when hearing fellow classmates or pals speak about SM in a derogatory manner, and even hinting at his possibly being dangerous or capable in any way of harming another human being.. Lauren quickly stepped up and defended him making the statement that she "would be the only one safe", as she was his friend and he liked her.. Meaning if they were right and he was indeed somehow dangerous, that she would be the safest of all of them since she was "friendly" with him and was always kind to him.. That is painful to hear that these words actually transpired, that these type scenarios were even talked about, if even in jest.. It is so very paining to see that Lauren, the one that was unique and unlike all the rest that made fun possibly at SM's expense.. The one that stood up for him, and not only always had a kind word for him when he was present but even more importantly the kind, genuine words that she had about SM when he wasn't around, and even worse when he was the Brundt of jokes at his expense between fellow classmates..*

But Lauren was always different, always unique.. Lauren was genuine.. She was as real as real can get and she had a gift that is rare to find, especially in this day in time.. She had the gift of compassion, finding the good in anyone and everyone, and found no human to be no less than herself.. She had a gift that touched every single person who came into contact with Lauren.. As I stated if even for a single moment in time of one's life, when crossing paths with Lauren, each individual came away with if even something tiny, something positive, or just even a ray of light for those weary at a tough time throughout life's journey that it takes us..

Lauren truly was one in a million.. Yes, she was human and of course in being human we, every single one of us have faults aplenty.. But the bright light that she shined in every room her presence ever graced was truly one that stands out, and naturally drew people to her.. I think for many reasons people literally were actually drawn to her, her spirit, her nature was gifted at making people feel at ease.. Even those who most likely are never at ease or peace even within themselves.. I think even they too were drawn to her and the feeling of ease that washed over them while easily enjoying being in her presence.. I don't want or am not intending to sound over the top in describing what through the words of so many who knew her I, personally have come to learn of who exactly Lauren Giddings was.. My intention is not to portray and paint her in a false, overly dramatic way, or that she was a larger than life individual.. Infact IMO she was quite the opposite and down to earth, grounded was her nature.. It is that down to earth, accepting without judgement nature that is what many were so easily drawn to and felt at is ease in knowing her, spending time with her, having deep conversation with, and just as easily cutting up, giggling, and acting as giddy as *little mischievous kids along side her.. I think she was one who truly embodied what every mother dreams of, prays for, and diligently works to help guide and mold their baby daughter's from the moment that they first look into that baby girl's eyes when she's brought into this world..

*Lauren encompassed all of the good, the true at heart, the values of what is really important in life.. She, while being as human as you and I, flawed in her own unique aspects, yet fully developed as a wise individual that superseded way beyond her actual number of years here on earth.. Sadly, I feel as tho there is reason for why Lauren was so gifted, so fully embodying so much of what is good and rich in actual meaning of our lives.. So brightly shining in a way that always made her stand out even when she wasn't even attempting nor even wanting to stand out beyond the rest.. Her light of who and what she was burned so bright, so intense, so full speed ahead with taking it all the way to the limit and then beyond.. I feel as tho reasons for her being gifted in so very many ways, being miles apart from the rest, and shining as bright as the North star on it's brightest night if the year..*

And it may sound silly or far fetched, even nonsensical to some but it's my opinion that Lauren was all of these things I've attempted to describe and so very much more, gifted,
And driven by her inner self motivations, heart of the purest gold, and an individual that no matter the place, nor the time always in some ways stood out from the rest.. She and who and what she was at her innermost core of her very soul is where that warm and bright light illuminated from.. It was from the inside out.. Her soul is what created that ray of beauty that Lauren was and I believe that who and what she was and what she will always be to so very many people was due to her light of her soul being destined to snuff completely out at such a very young age.. It's as if she took entire lifetimes of a humans energy that many live to very old ages and never are able to be live life to the absolute fullest as Lauren did in her 27 short years of life here on this earth..

*It's as if her soul knew that she wasn't to be granted a long and full life in the amount Of years and thus taking a lifetime's amount of good, entire lifetime's amount of love, kindness, and all that is encompassed in positive nature and she shone so very brightly throughout her entire 27 years.. She lived life, her life to the absolute fullest and was a bright and positive influence on so very many people whose lives were touched by her, whose lives were somehow made fuller for Lauren being a part of their lives..

They may not have realized these things prior to the events of June 25, and many may still not have realized what having had Lauren as part of their lives has somehow made them a better person for it.. Lauren's life was short in her Time here on earth.. But there was nothing short of the absolute fullest of all life has to offer that Lauren lived every day of her life that she was granted here on this earth..

I am saddened that I will never have the opportunity to meet this young woman, Lauren Teresa Giddings.. But I know without a doubt that life wasn't wasted on this soul..
She lived it in a way that young women should stand up and take notice and follow in the footsteps of someone who truly was one in a million(in every single way And aspect was Lauren absolutely one in a million)..

My continued prayers for her precious family members who are suffering beyond comprehension at this time.. As well as prayers for all her loved ones and those who love her that are suffering from having lost this bright light with whom their lives were shared..

They wouldn't be obligated to state that they found a clean hacksaw in Stephen's apartment in addition to the one with LG's DNA in the utility closet, but what leads you to believe there may have been 2 hacksaws?

angelanalyzes, sorry, didn't mean to ignore your question -- have had a few hectic days with just time to hop on and off here sporadically, and in the meantime so much has happened with this case, trying to catch up here. I see someone brought up my post that you were replying to later in this thread, so thought I would explain what I was looking at.

My original post read: "I guess if it happened that, along with the Stanley brand hacksaw packaging, there was a Stanley brand hacksaw IN SM's apartment (as well as the one in the storage room), LE wouldn't be obligated to say that, would they? (Don't jump all over me here, folks, I really am asking a serious question, wanting to know.)"

My question came up in my mind as two lines of thoughts sort of converged.

First, I was thinking about how a lot of folks keep the packaging to hacksaws -- in fact, I think some of the cardboard-strip-along-the-blade type of packaging even bears a suggestion to do so -- to protect the blade and/or to protect against the blade accidentally cutting someone or something while in storage. I see that a little later in the thread someone posted a picture of a hacksaw with the protective packaging put back in place, as I'm speaking of.

Secondly, I was trying to think of how choices are made of what charges to put on an arrest warrant. One would want to put charges that "fit the crime" obviously, from the legal aspect, but also maybe would not want to put the firmest evidence, if avoidable, to be able to hold that back from the knowledge of the defense for awhile longer.

Also, if one felt, for whatever reason, that the warrant was likely to become public, as in a high-profile case like this, there would be some other concerns as well. Public impact, for one, and for another, in this case, possibly some pressure on the accused toward confessing, because of the desire to recover any remains possible.

I looked at some of the statements on the SM arrest warrant with the above reasoning in mind.

IMO, the part about SM having made statements about knowing how to commit murder and avoid detection, citing methods similar to those in this case -- well, that could mean a lot or it could mean very little, since we don't know, from the warrant, who he said this to, when he said it, or just how "similar" is similar. But it would seem to fill part of the legal requirements of the warrant and it definitely has impact, to hear (read) that. I felt that, if trying to hold back the "best evidence" from the warrant for timing reasons or needing to make the most of not a whole lot of hard evidence (since apparently not all results from FBI,etc., are in yet), this would be a good choice for the warrant.

Then the hacksaw. Well, just the word "hacksaw" in large print above the fold in Macon's Telegraph has a lot of impact, with the high interest and media coverage in this case locally. Definitely an attention-grabber. So, trying to think why this on-the-face-of-it good evidence might be "sacrificed" to the warrant -- assuming there is other evidence -- I thought, well, how could it be flawed, when all the details about it come out later. I wondered if it were possible that LE found a Stanley brand hacksaw in the storage room, then also found a Stanley brand hacksaw with its protective wrapper on in SM's apartment... but only cited the saw in the storage room and the wrapper in SM's apartment. It wouldn't be dishonest, exactly, to state it that way, but would have more impact.

The hacksaw part of this thinking is kind of out of date now, since it seems to me, what with SM's mom's story, that no hacksaw was found in SM's apartment...but that's where my thinking was going on this at the time I posted.

Hope your finals went well!

From your link.

Do the "true sons of liberty" strongly advocate the right to bear arms?

Don't know too much about the "true sons of liberty" angle in this case, just what I've gathered here and there on these threads ... but, I would think MAYBE SO...?

Sorry so long in replying, been away, and trying to catch up.

shortened for brevity

THIS is an excellent point, that McD may have hoped the MM would use the saw and get his fingerprints on it.

But then again, why would the MM need to use the saw if he had already moved out? :waitasec:

Maybe the MM DID (unknowingly) use the saw before LG was killed and before he moved out, especially if McD bought the saw in April..Perhaps his prints are already on it...Maybe McD put it into the shed or even gave it to MM to put there after buying it for the "tree". He would know MM prints would be on it, so perhaps he was careful not to leave many of his own prints behind....

An interesting idea, Bessie. I don't know much about gamers, but in this case it looks like the barrier between SMD's fantasy world and reality shattered (please pardon the ignorant arm-chair psychology, PsychoMom).

In SMD's reality of law school, wouldn't there be many, many intelligent, independent, athletic, strong women in his class? Most law schools these days are 50% women and most of them are not shrinking violets or helpless damsels in distress.
respectively snipped
Without a doubt, but only one of them lived in close proximity to McD, close enough that he was able to observe her daily comings and goings; close enough that he had the opportunity to become fixated on her existence. To further advance my theory, we've been told that LG extended invitations to the reclusive McD to join her with friends/classmates in social activities. As a woman, once young and single, I learned through a series of unfortunate experiences that such innocent, good hearted gestures are often misinterpreted by persons lacking in social finesse. I am very confident in my assertion that such was the nature of the exchanges between Lauren and Stephen McDaniel.

These were my thoughts prior to the release of the arrest warrant from which we learned that McD allegedly bragged of being able to commit the perfect murder. IMHO, that suggests an impersonal crime, something almost prankish in nature. If one wanted to commit the perfect murder, wouldn't a stranger serve as a more viable victim? Yet, what we know of Lauren's murder indicates a very personal offense, specifically, the dismemberment.

IMO....it's true that a mother's love is unconditional and forever. I am the mother of two. But, as a mother no matter what my child had done, it is my duty to come to terms with the truth. Not the story, but the truth...both sides..and make an educated decision on the facts presented. It is only in embracing the truth that a mother can really help her child. Healing only starts with acceptance.

Maybe the MM DID (unknowingly) use the saw before LG was killed and before he moved out, especially if McD bought the saw in April..Perhaps his prints are already on it...Maybe McD put it into the shed or even gave it to MM to put there after buying it for the "tree". He would know MM prints would be on it, so perhaps he was careful not to leave many of his own prints behind....

I had not thought of that, but it certainly IS a possible action taken by McD. It adds to my growing fear that perhaps, just maybe, McD might still prove his claim of being able to commit a 'perfect murder'. I have no doubt that McD is a very intelligent man. He knows the law as a recent law school grad. He enjoys strategy gaming from what I gather. If he followed any highly-publicized recent trials he will have knowledge of someone else who has a apparently committed a perfect murder in that she was found not guilty of that crime. Someone on this board said earlier that Mrs. McD reminds them of a Cindy Anthony type of mother. And several posters have mentioned the fear that Mrs. McD's public interviews and claims could result in reasonable doubt on a jury. What if all that we are witnessing now truly is a calculated plan to prove to himself and the world that he too could commit a perfect murder. I think we are underestimating this man's intelligence, and the crazy things that are happening may actually be brilliant for getting away with murder in the end.

It's a scary speculation I admit, but one that keeps haunting me as I watch this play out.

On Friday night, June 24, Lauren went out with friends. Two of her classmates, both acoustic guitarists, were performing in bars downtown. She and her pals hit the Rookery first, listened for a while, then crossed the street to Bottoms Up.

So, I am getting things a little confused. Wasn't Lauren supposed to be going camping with these guys?

I believe somone on the forum mentioned that the whole Law School class was lucky that McD didn't "take" the whole class....but I wonder if they have checked the camping site for the rest of Lauren's body. If you would frame "MM" why not take down others....or maybe that is where he was going to take her torso, should he have had the time to do so. This is just a thought.

I know Golba's dog did pick up a scent in the Law School dumpster...so, I don't know....I am just throwing things out there.

BTW, I read that Golba volunteers his time.
http://cck9s.community.officelive.com/aboutus.aspx
Rhino-pride2A.jpg

I have emailed Mr. Golba to see if he takes donations. My mom and I were going to make a donation for his help with Lauren. He was here on what local weather people have deemed "the hottest day of the year" searching a dump site. That is honorable all on its own.
We haven't received a response, but if anyone wants to also contribute, PM me and I will let you know when he responds. He and his crew are angels. :innocent:

IMO, the only reasoning to this that makes sense at this point is that the "methods to avoid detection" that LE has said he wrote/spoke about, which seemed to be in sync with the facts in this case, included a plan to frame someone else. That or spread clues around in such a way as to completely confuse LEs investigation efforts.

Supersleuth - we do not know the actual details of his "original murder plan A" that was mentioned in the warrant. However, I tend to think the original plan to murder and avoid detection was to kill, dismember, get rid of the entire body, missing person declared by LE, move out, move on, and never even be a POI.
NO evidence.
The investigation was to be limited to a missing person case and turned over to the FBI which has a three year backlog of missing persons. He would move away and others would move into his apt.

This story of the maintenance man framing him (Plan B), OR McD framing the maintenance man (Plan C) was never part of the original plan. IMO
Only after the body was found did Plan B and C come into play.
Why did he leave the hacksaw and wrapper on site? Because it would never have mattered IF the original plan had been successful.
IMO

I had not thought of that, but it certainly IS a possible action taken by McD. It adds to my growing fear that perhaps, just maybe, McD might still prove his claim of being able to commit a 'perfect murder'. I have no doubt that McD is a very intelligent man. He knows the law as a recent law school grad. He enjoys strategy gaming from what I gather. If he followed any highly-publicized recent trials he will have knowledge of someone else who has a apparently committed a perfect murder in that she was found not guilty of that crime. Someone on this board said earlier that Mrs. McD reminds them of a Cindy Anthony type of mother. And several posters have mentioned the fear that Mrs. McD's public interviews and claims could result in reasonable doubt on a jury. What if all that we are witnessing now truly is a calculated plan to prove to himself and the world that he too could commit a perfect murder. I think we are underestimating this man's intelligence, and the crazy things that are happening may actually be brilliant for getting away with murder in the end.

It's a scary speculation I admit, but one that keeps haunting me as I watch this play out.

I have wondered this as well. Has he tweaked his "perfect murder" to include manipulation of the Justice System? You know he has a strong belief in reasonable doubt. It would be an extra F-U to "the haters" to be so obvious that he did it, yet plant the reasonable doubt to get away with murder.

On Friday night, June 24, Lauren went out with friends. Two of her classmates, both acoustic guitarists, were performing in bars downtown. She and her pals hit the Rookery first, listened for a while, then crossed the street to Bottoms Up.

So, I am getting things a little confused. Wasn't Lauren supposed to be going camping with these guys?

I believe somone on the forum mentioned that the whole Law School class was lucky that McD didn't "take" the whole class....but I wonder if they have checked the camping site for the rest of Lauren's body. If you would frame "MM" why not take down others....or maybe that is where he was going to take her torso, should he have had the time to do so. This is just a thought.

I know Golba's dog did pick up a scent in the Law School dumpster...so, I don't know....I am just throwing things out there.

About June 24, Friday nite:
Lauren was out with friends- my family member who was Lauren's friend and running buddy was out with her and friends Friday nite at the bar.
I think the camping trip was for the upcoming July 4 holidays.

About the LS dumpster:
From what I read in one of the articles, Golba and crew decided that it was logical that McD used the LS dumpsters. The search team discussed the other possibilities and concluded it was most convenient, less noticable and easier for McD to walk across the street for disposal of parts. The LS dumpster trash does not go to Bibbs County but to Twiggs landfill. Twiggs landfill was not searched as extensively.

I keep reading people speculating if the trash had run that day before the police found her body, that we would now believe she was just missing.

But if she was killed in one of the apartments, wouldn't cadaver dogs have hit there? DID they bring cadaver dogs into the apartments?

And even if not the apartments, surely cadaver dogs would have hit on the trash can. So how can we say she would have been a "missing person"?

I know that's really neither here nor there at this point, other than the fact shouldn't they know if her dead body was in one of the apartments & exactly which one it was, by cadaver dogs?

In all of my college days in apartments, I have never had the need for a hacksaw....and McD doesn't strike me as the handy type.

I am NOT questioning his guilt, however, for someone who brags about being able to get away with murder....why would you be so haphazard with the torso, when you did such a "good job" with the rest or her?

It is very weird to say the least.

Maybe he...had need for the torso :sick:

Supersleuth - we do not know the actual details of his "original murder plan A" that was mentioned in the warrant. However, I tend to think the original plan to murder and avoid detection was to kill, dismember, get rid of the entire body, missing person declared by LE, move out, move on, and never even be a POI.
NO evidence.
The investigation was to be limited to a missing person case and turned over to the FBI which has a three year backlog of missing persons. He would move away and others would move into his apt.

This story of the maintenance man framing him (Plan B), OR McD framing the maintenance man (Plan C) was never part of the original plan. IMO
Why did he leave the hacksaw and wrapper on site? Because it would never have mattered IF the original plan had been successful.
IMO

This could very well be the case. He probably thought that if the FBI had the body, it would be much later. They might speculate that there was a hacksaw involved....go back to the apartment complex and who knows if the saw would be there or not. It would have put the MM is a rough spot then as well, but McD would have been the quiet neighbor that was crying on TV about her missing.

(snipped excerpts for focus)

Secondly, I was trying to think of how choices are made of what charges to put on an arrest warrant.

---

Also, if one felt, for whatever reason, that the warrant was likely to become public, as in a high-profile case like this, there would be some other concerns as well. Public impact, for one, and for another, in this case, possibly some pressure on the accused toward confessing, because of the desire to recover any remains possible.

---

IMO, the part about SM having made statements about knowing how to commit murder and avoid detection, citing methods similar to those in this case -- well, that could mean a lot or it could mean very little, since we don't know, from the warrant, who he said this to, when he said it, or just how "similar" is similar.

You make some good points about LE's possible reasoning for the specific charges and wording on the warrant.
And as you point out, the statement about McD making statements about "getting away with murder and avoiding detection"
really doesn't seem to carry much weight on the warrant itself, since there is no information given to back up this statement.

However, McD would know very well what they are referring to!
And I think this certainly could be one of LE's motives.
Not only would they like to know where the missing body parts are,
but they'd rather avoid the lengthy and expensive legal process of having to convict him.

Not only does this let McD know they are "on to him", but that they possibly have a lot more information
that McD might prefer not to be revealed about himself to his family and the public.
So, if McD were to confess and cooperate, he would at least have some amount of control
over what might be revealed about himself. It's certainly something for him to think about.

Has anyone here watched Dexter? I've never seen the show, but a friend of mine commented that Lauren's death sounds creepily reminiscent of it, at least in the way the body was disposed, and from what I can read about the show's premise on Wikipedia, I kind of agree. It makes me think of McD's alleged bragging that he could get away with the perfect murder, anyway -- I mean, if the method works for Dexter, it has to work in real life, right?

Yes, indeed. But Dexter disposes of all the parts in the ocean, that's the only reason his method is effective.

NO evidence.

IMO
I have thought about this too.
To be honest, I still haven't come up with any logical explanation for it.
I don't know why he wouldn't have simply thrown this away,
and anything else even remotely associated with this crime,
when he discarded the missing body parts.

This whole thing is bizarre.... There's still many things I can't wrap my head around. :waitasec:

I keep reading people speculating if the trash had run that day before the police found her body, that we would now believe she was just missing.

But if she was killed in one of the apartments, wouldn't cadaver dogs have hit there? DID they bring cadaver dogs into the apartments?

And even if not the apartments, surely cadaver dogs would have hit on the trash can. So how can we say she would have been a "missing person"?

I know that's really neither here nor there at this point, other than the fact shouldn't they know if her dead body was in one of the apartments & exactly which one it was, by cadaver dogs?
True. But if a body had not been found, cadaver dogs probably never would have been used.

IMO....it's true that a mother's love is unconditional and forever. I am the mother of two. But, as a mother no matter what my child had done, it is my duty to come to terms with the truth. Not the story, but the truth...both sides..and make an educated decision on the facts presented. It is only in embracing the truth that a mother can really help her child. Healing only starts with acceptance.

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/07/1656330/mama-loves-ya.html

I agree with you engineer and after reading Mama Loves Ya I could not resist posting my reaction. This article unleashed a plethora of IN MY OPINIONS for the BIG PICTURE of Stephen McDaniel.
So here goes....
I have raised a child and and know that it is paramount to a child's well being and development to teach accountability to the truth.
Unfortunately, sometimes a Mama's love goes too far.
Ms. McDaniel's love has enabled her child to become UNACCOUNTABLE. She does not allow herself to believe that it is possible her son committed this crime, even when the evidence points directly at him. She prefers to take his word, without question.
My guess is this has been her mode of parenting for the past 25 years.

And so Stephen grew up believing that he could do whatever he wanted without consequence which alienated him from his peers. Stephen's unorthodox egocentric behavior resulted in a "socially awkward" stigma. According to his peers, Stephen developed some unusual behaviors which included his own Elvin language and scratching others with his long fingernails. Read more of what his peers from Parkview High School and Mountain Park First Baptist Church had to say about him on the link below.

During Stephen’s childhood, Ms. McDaniel turned a blind eye to these 'socially awkward' attributes her son was developing. After all, they were a good Christian family and Stephen went to church regularly with his family. Did you notice how Ms. McDaniel uses Christianity as the reason her son could not possibly commit this crime of murder and dismemberment:
"We believe that he is innocent, because we do not believe that a Christian could murder and cut somebody's body up."
In light of all that has happened, I wonder how Christianity was portrayed to Stephen as well as how he actually perceived it when he was growing up. I have read that he was raised in an “ultra-conservative” home which may have facilitated his ulterior person. But then again, Stephen did have a PRAY bumper sticker on his car….

I am convinced that Stephen has always had ‘backup’ i.e., ‘cover up’ with his Mama's Love. Just look at her reaction to the evidence: For every single piece of evidence that points to Stephen, Ms. McDaniel has a backup reason which defends her son- he is NOT accountable - she will not allow it. We see it in her attempt to back him up by claiming Stephen was framed by the Maintenance Man: 'Glenda McDaniel said her son told her that “he had heard a loud noise, got up, got dressed, went out and saw (another apartment resident) standing on Lauren’s balcony” at midnight...McDaniel’s mother said she’s sure he kicked himself after he realized the man could have been up to no good."'
The Macon Police have cleared the ‘maintenance man’:
‘Police had asked Dorer, a Mercer law student, to drop by their headquarters to answer questions, and he was being “completely cooperative,” said Brett Steger, Dorer’s attorney. Dorer is not a suspect or a person of interest in Giddings’ slaying, and the questioning was brief, Steger said.’
We see it when she admits he DID buy the hacksaw, BUT Stephen threw the hacksaw in the trash. The real killer (maintenance man) took it from the trash… and on and on and on it goes.
Don't get me wrong. I my heart aches for this family, and they are in my prayers. But I can also plainly see Mama’s love… covering up a multitude of lies.

The ‘Mama's Love’ we are witnessing: ‘MY SON WAS FRAMED FOR THE LAUREN GIDDINGS MURDER’ is precisely why Stephen thought he had the right to have Lauren's apt key as well as a master key to all the apartments and the right to go snooping though other people's apartments for the past few years stealing as we went. Most importantly, this is why he thought he could plan and execute a murder and hide the body undetected. Can you imagine if Lauren had been declared a missing person? Stephen would have perceived himself even more highly ingenious if he had fooled us all, to literally have gotten away with murder. His plan would have been successful. And who knows, if it worked once, he could make it work even better the next time.

This is an extremely sad situation that a 25 year old law school graduate’s mind has sunk to evil such as this. Yet, I think we are seeing only the tip of the iceberg. The more I learn about this case, the deeper and darker the mind of Stephen McDaniel becomes. The master key, Lauren’s key, the snooping, the stealing are only what we KNOW he has done so far, and of course, the murder and dismemberment...I suspect there are a whole lot more covert activities that he has gotten away with if the truth be known. Believe me, this behavior did not start yesterday. In my opinion, these surreptitious, covert, illegal activities have been developing and advancing for years. With success and over time, Stephen’s confidence grew and finally culminated in this final, heinous act which cost Lauren her life. Warrant excerpt: “he commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of Lauren Giddings..."

It is true, there is no love like a Mama’s love, but when Mama's love does not include ACCOUNTABILITY to the TRUTH, the result is detrimental to her child's development and well being. In my opinion, this is why Lauren Giddings is no longer with us and why Stephen McDaniel is where he is today.
In this case, it is my opinion, ‘Mama's love’ is one of the main reasons why the chickens have come home to roost.

Final comment: More than anyone, it is Stephen’s Mom and Dad who are the most difficult for him to admit that he committed this crime. The only hope that he will ever confess is if his parents go to him and plead for him to tell the truth for Lauren’s family’s sake AND assure him that Mama loves ya no matter what.

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/06/1656586/mcdaniels-mother-offers-explanation.html

Peer perceptions:
http://lilburn.patch.com/articles/murder-charge-draws-local-reaction

IN CASE YOU MISSED THIS VIDEO BACKSTREAM
Why Do Killers Speak out: Here are examples of 3 people who were NOT held accountable to the truth. IMO

[video=youtube;15l9HQgAk4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15l9HQgAk4M[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member