GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you link to the video where Rhino alerts on the dumpster?

It was on Friday's WMAZ 6:00 news and should be here, above the article that describes the search effort, but the video is missing when I pull up the page now:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=138507

But you can see the big wooden doors hiding the dumpster that I wrote about in this still photo of Golba in front of the law school dumpster.

http://www.13wmaz.com/images/300/225/2/assetpool/images/110803054759_23.jpg

I saw that previously, it just wasn't clear to me that the dog was actually providing a scent alert in that video. If Rhino was alerting, why didn't the reporter state that?

I saw that previously, it just wasn't clear to me that the dog was actually providing a scent alert in that video. If Rhino was alerting, why didn't the reporter state that?

That was actually a statement from GivesMeTheShivers, not me. But I recall the dog excitedly doing circles on his leash in proximity to the dumpster -- I don't know whether that's what GMTS was referring to.

My deal was the privacy afforded by the fence & doors around the dumpster. That's evident in the still photo link above.

I wonder ... LE had their own cadaver dogs out the first couple of days. Their dogs did not alert on the dumpster at Mercer.

Since Golba was called in by the Giddings family and is a private volunteer; maybe they are not being as vocal about what they are doing.

Burns said they have no plans to go back to Wolf Landfill to search. But Golba says he is looking for equipment to go search. It's not about solving the case, it's about finding Lauren.

My point is this may not be sanctioned by LE, therefore it's a touchy subject. I Hope Rhino was alerting and they find remains at the landfill.

Colonel Mustard,
You said in an earlier post that if his current lawyer does not stay on for the murder charge, he could use the captial defender's office (?) if there wasn't a conflict with Lauren applying to work there. If there is a conflict, the court would appoint another lawyer to represent SM. Could a lawyer refuse to defend him?

If for some reason, the capital defender's office doesn't take the case, the judge would appoint someone who is qualified to handle capital cases. Theoretically, the court can appoint an attorney to a case and the attorney would have an obligation to remain on the case but realistically, they would only appoint an attorney who was able to devote the time and resources necessary and who would agree to take the case. The last thing anyone would want would be to have a conviction overturned in this case because of ineffective assistance of counsel because the attorney was forced to handle the case against his or her wishes. That simply wouldn't happen. Attorneys who take these kinds of cases know going into it that they will be asked to represent some dispicable people charged with horrific crimes. It takes a special kind of person to be able to take on these kinds of cases and block out public opinion, so that they may provide the defendant with zealous representation. Keep in mind that the role of the defense attorney is a sacred one. If defense attorneys didn't protect our constitutional rights, then who would? If McD or anyone else could be convicted of a crime using anything less than legally obtained and legally admissible evidence, then it could just as easily happen to you or to me. BTW, a public defender does not have the right to refuse to take a case in the same way a private attorney can.

Since the discovery of Giddings body, Macon Police have gone beyond her Downtown Macon apartment complex and searched the Macon City Landfill. Golba says the Wolf Creek Landfill in Twiggs County has also been searched, yet hopes to continue those efforts.

“We strongly believe that it is highly probable that the remains that we are looking for would be in that commercial dumpster and would have ended up in a Wolf Creek Landfill,” says Golba.

Lauren Giddings’ torso was found outside her Downtown Macon apartment on June 30th, and though Stephen McDaniel has been charged with felony murder in her death, Golba says the family is still looking for answers and closure in the case.

“What we're doing now is jumping through the hoops and trying to get permission on equipment that would be ok to go ahead and do this,” added Golba.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...th-Search-For-Giddings-Remains-126734213.html

If you go to the telegraph photos there is one of LG s bathroom. Finger print dust every where. If you can zoom in on the tub it does not appear to be any marks on it. Could the plumber have made the marks while replacing the pipes? With the amount of dust every where the marks on the tube would stand out. Or where they made after the police investigated?
I would like to know when the hacks and wrapper were found as well. The pd went back to Mcd apt the day before he was charged, his belongings were gone so what were they looking for?
Also the mm story is thin, but he is a FB friend of LG and played in a band if I am not mistaken. Could he have been one of the friends. LG stayed with Friday nite?
The dog in the video in mo didn't appear to be hitting on the dumpster, must cadiviar dogs lay down at the spot they hit on, but I guess each one could be trained differently.
The such of the river is useless this far from the date of death, the river is shallow but the under tow is so strong anything dumped near downtown would be miles south by now, unless it gets tangled in a tree or brush
all just my opinion
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649724/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

If you go to the telegraph photos there is one of LG s bathroom. Finger print dust every where. If you can zoom in on the tub it does not appear to be any marks on it. Could the plumber have made the marks while replacing the pipes? With the amount of dust every where the marks on the tube would stand out. Or where they made after the police investigated?

It's my opinion that these scratches were probably not that noticeable.
They were initially described by the reporter as being "foot long scratches"
"like those seen on a cutting board". In my mind, these would be very thin, superficial
scratches made by a knife - not a hacksaw. This could be why they were "possibly" overlooked.

With that said, I'm not really sure why they decided to remove the tub.
Some have said they may plan to use it in the courtroom (for visual effect?).
However, they did cover the side of the tub during removal.
So, it's my opinion that they might try to match the scratch marks to one of the knives McD owned.
Of course, the family will say it was taken by the "real killer" and put back in his apt to frame him :rolleyes:
But, if he did a good job destroying DNA evidence, the more evidence like this the better.
And since LE hasn't gotten those results back yet (that we know of), they probably
figured taking the tub and doing this testing might be worth the effort.

Agreed, Knox. I think you are 100% correct. And, remember that the first half of the now-infamous interview with TV reporter (before he learned of the "body") was part of his original plan.

The socially awkward personality that has been so often remarked upon (and probably exaggerated) was strong enough to keep him from seeing that even his "She was just gone!" statements to TV created a strong suspicion in a lot of people. That suspicion was NOT all due to his appearance, but to the fact that he thought it normal to "insert himself into the investigation" both the night before with friends and on Thursday with TV. "Normal" folks know it's not normal and became suspicious accordingly.

And that lack of awareness on his part is a big cause of the failure of his plan to get away with murder (if he, indeed, had one). The other cause, of course, is that the trash truck didn't come a bit earlier that Thursday morning.

Can you link to the video where Rhino alerts on the dumpster?

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/56213-lauren-giddings-family-continues-search-remains

It is about 27 seconds in....this is not the original video that I saw and I am going to keep looking, but Rhino is yelping at the Mercer Law School Dumpster.

I was confused about this as well. I swear I read that the Zaxby's was in her apartment, but I guess that was wrong?
Zaxby's is like two blocks from her apartment. I have pigged out in the car, and I would have a time packing anything in from Zaxby's in two blocks...you have to have the sauce...that would be messy.

I'm with you. I thought it was mentioned as being found when they entered the apartment.

I'm serious leaning toward the idea that the reason the hacksaw was in the utility closet
and the packaging still in his apartment is simply due to his over-confidence.
He didn't expect anyone to be searching his apt.

We know from the mother he'd kept receipts for things purchased as far back as 2001,
and given his attention to detail and/or possible OCD tendencies, I really think it's reasonable
to assume that he didn't throw the hacksaw away because he felt this would be wasteful.
The more I think about him and his habits, I really think he may have put it there simply because
he had no further need for it and couldn't bring himself to throw away a perfectly good hacksaw.

Agreed.............and according to the video interview, he didnt' expect anyone would find the...... " a body" as stated in video

AND if SMcD was quoted correctly, he thought he could get away with murder and whether discovered by sanitiation men or the LE, the torso almost was not discovered that morning of trash pickup

I would like to know when the hacks and wrapper were found as well. The pd went back to Mcd apt the day before he was charged, his belongings were gone so what were they looking for?
Also the mm story is thin, but he is a FB friend of LG and played in a band if I am not mistaken. Could he have been one of the friends. LG stayed with Friday nite?
The dog in the video in mo didn't appear to be hitting on the dumpster, must cadiviar dogs lay down at the spot they hit on, but I guess each one could be trained differently.
The such of the river is useless this far from the date of death, the river is shallow but the under tow is so strong anything dumped near downtown would be miles south by now, unless it gets tangled in a tree or brush
all just my opinion
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649724/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

No, the friends in the band are the ones that McD so graciously tells us live on Orange St. or maybe it was College St...but he is very specific.

This is hard for me to say and I hope no one feels like bashing me after I say it so here goes. He placed her body in a dumpster next to the apartment. It was heavy. He dumped other remains at the dumpster at the school. He had to carry them further. Her head is missing and there are questions concerning where he dumped it.

It surprised me to find out that a person's head is heavy. I believe he would have dumped her head in a place close by rather than carry it to the school to put it in the dumpster.

That's just a thought.

From Macon's The Telegraph:

Quote: "Man allegedly attacks woman 112 days after prison release"
"In October 1985, Traypanilla Williams was sent to prison for forcibly sodomizing and, at gunpoint, robbing an 18-year-old woman he later said “just happened to be walking” in Tattnall Square Park the year before. The 1984 assault happened two days after he walked out of prison after doing time on a firearms charge.
Fast forward to 2011. ..."

read more at link: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/08/1658094/man-allegedly-attacks-woman-shortly.html

Probably totally unrelated, I know, but very close to the same area, so ...interesting

Giddings Hauling and Trash RemovalOwner-Operator · Laurel, Maryland
A Full Service Hauling Company: Roll Off Containers for construction debris, Lot clearing, Demoliton, Yard Waste & Brush clean up, Junk removal. You Load-We L...oad Commercial Residential All Materials properly disposed of or recycled when possible. Service available 24/7 Family owned and operated Call for free estimate 301 498-4051 See More

The Irony...........LG parents will forever be haunted by just going to work.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie