GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't totally moved out yet. He came back after and met BB for a final clean out.
She would have had no reason to do anything in that apt until this meeting, turning in his keys, etc.

Okay, that makes sense. So what did Boni put in the trashcan, where did it come from and, most importantly, why did she even mention it in the article if it was of no importance?

I think the reason he's added this ridiculous comment to this "story" is because
this is something he was telling his mother. And just like some other quotes from GM
of things SM told her where he sounds like some child talking, this is probably the
only way he knows how to interact with her. He's probably always given her nutty,
off-the-wall explanations for his actions, and this has always worked.
This is yet another one of those little glimpses into that home.

Hmm... that makes sense.

So in your most-plausible theory, if this story is simply something off-the-wall he desperately told to his mother in private to try to excuse himself in her eyes, does that mean you don't see SM as making a serious attempt to frame someone else?

I see theories running on a spectrum between (a) McD as the evil puppet-master, rubbing his hands together in diabolical glee as he carefully feeds his mother information and pulls the strings from behind bars to frame an innocent man and (b) McD as the impotent, spineless little puppet boy, controlled his entire life by his puppet-mistress mother until he finally snapped, now desperately spewing word vomit that's intended for her alone so she'll keep thinking he's a good boy - which she then latches onto, manipulating and publishing for her selfish purposes.

This view of the lawn mowing tale fits better near the (b) end of the spectrum. One of the most difficult things for me with this case is that, when I put on my guilty glasses, I can't make all of the known pieces fit well with theories on either end. The lawnmower tale is hard to fit near (a), unless (as I mentioned above) the underlying theme is, "This will be so purposefully crazy and stupid, nobody will believe it's a plan, and everyone will be so confused that I'll be off the hook". That's one reason I was trying to solicit ideas about possible scenarios the other day in which the saw package might have been intentionally left (because who could be that smart and yet that bungling at the same time?).

I'll need to ponder some more on (b), I think. Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

Not meaning to interrupt any discussions going on right now, but did anyone else catch this (near the bottom of this article)? Does this mean Boni Bush may have inadvertently put the torso in the trash? Was she cleaning out Apt. #1? She wouldn't have been taking out trash from any other apt., would she??

http://georgiaslate.com/blog/macon-news/hacksaw-linked-to-mcdaniel-in-giddings-case-warrant-says

Bush said she can remember throwing something in the trash can June 29, the day before Lauren Giddings’ torso was discovered,
Bush said she didn’t smell any foul odors.

Destini, I think what we have here is a poorly constructed sentence -- and that's how rumors get started! :)

Is it better this way: Bush said she can remember throwing something in the trash can June 29 and not smelling any foul odors. That was the day before Lauren Giddings' torso was discovered, bundled in plastic, in the roll-away bin beside apartment No. 1. ???

Will (is it possible or likely) prosecution be able to enter into evidence SMcD’s mother’s statements re SMcD’s statements re buying hacksaw, trying to cut tree limb, then discarding the “flimsy” thing?

Is this - defendant’s statement/admission - a hearsay exception?

If SMcD’s statements on hacksaw are admissible,
what evidence could Defense offer to defuse the impact of this or to redirect jury‘s focus?

Would SMcD’s Defense create reasonable doubt,
1. if they could locate --
(a) the receipt for hacksaw purchase, or
(b) the store’s surv. video of purchase,
and
2. if receipt or video shows another person purchasing saw (other than SMcD).

Or be on the way to creating reasonable doubt?

Presumably, Defense would need to tie the receipt and video to someone with an additional connection to the case.
If video just showed a random person buying a hacksaw at a local store at a given time, presumably Prosecutor would object and judge would sustain.

Hmm... that makes sense.

So in your most-plausible theory, if this story is simply something off-the-wall he desperately told to his mother in private to try to excuse himself in her eyes, does that mean you don't see SM as making a serious attempt to frame someone else?

I see theories running on a spectrum between (a) McD as the evil puppet-master, rubbing his hands together in diabolical glee as he carefully feeds his mother information and pulls the strings from behind bars to frame an innocent man and (b) McD as the impotent, spineless little puppet boy, controlled his entire life by his puppet-mistress mother until he finally snapped, now desperately spewing word vomit that's intended for her alone so she'll keep thinking he's a good boy - which she then latches onto, manipulating and publishing for her selfish purposes.

This view of the lawn mowing tale fits better near the (b) end of the spectrum. One of the most difficult things for me with this case is that, when I put on my guilty glasses, I can't make all of the known pieces fit well with theories on either end. The lawnmower tale is hard to fit near (a), unless (as I mentioned above) the underlying theme is, "This will be so purposefully crazy and stupid, nobody will believe it's a plan, and everyone will be so confused that I'll be off the hook". That's one reason I was trying to solicit ideas about possible scenarios the other day in which the saw package might have been intentionally left (because who could be that smart and yet that bungling at the same time?).

I'll need to ponder some more on (b), I think. Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

On what I bolded in your post: I hear ya!

Not meaning to interrupt any discussions going on right now, but did anyone else catch this (near the bottom of this article)? Does this mean Boni Bush may have inadvertently put the torso in the trash? Was she cleaning out Apt. #1? She wouldn't have been taking out trash from any other apt., would she??

http://georgiaslate.com/blog/macon-news/hacksaw-linked-to-mcdaniel-in-giddings-case-warrant-says

Bush said she can remember throwing something in the trash can June 29, the day before Lauren Giddings’ torso was discovered, bundled in plastic, in the roll-away bin beside apartment No. 1.
Bush said she didn’t smell any foul odors.

The way I read the article, I believe BB is just saying she didn't smell anything like a decaying body when she put some trash out there on the 29th. I did not take this to mean it was necessarily trash from a clean out, but just that she had put something in that can on the 29th and there was "no foul odor" when she did that. It could have been as simple as picking up a coke can or whatever out of the drive and that was just the closest trash can available.

Destini, I think what we have here is a poorly constructed sentence -- and that's how rumors get started! :)

Is it better this way: Bush said she can remember throwing something in the trash can June 29 and not smelling any foul odors. That was the day before Lauren Giddings' torso was discovered, bundled in plastic, in the roll-away bin beside apartment No. 1. ???

Oh, okay, I see what y'all are saying now. Man, I got myself worked up over nothing there. Sorry. :blushing:

I am not so sure the mother wasn't lining up the cans, looking after her son , like she is doing now . I wonder if she does realizes how much this is going to cost , her "feeling so strongly" about this ? And will Stephen, if he is so smart, allow his parents to go through this financially ? Or will he be granted indigent status like Casey Anthony and get the taxpayers to pick up the tab ? God forbid, because Bibb County is already in enough trouble without having to try to foot a multi-million dollar defense bill . He needs to come clean, confess everything and bring closure to both families. The evidence will be overwhelming, IMO.

I was thinking this exact same thing! Also, what will Mercer do with those student loans? While Mama is refinancing the house, she might want to include those loans. :sick:

Upthread many have discussed hacksaw------who bought it,---who used it,
---used it for what,--used it when,
---exact location where hacksaw wrapper/packaging was found, etc.
And all seem to work from premise that hacksaw frame & blade were not separated at any time.

Bessie raised a good point: what if SMcD bought two hacksaws?

If both blade and frame both bore Lauren’s blood or other DNA, nothing unusual, but from a slightly different angle…..

What if BLADE was SEPARATED from HACKSAW FRAME,
at some point, before being re-joined, and later found by LE?

Could DNA tests show--
-- hacksaw blade bears Lauren’s blood or other DNA, and
-- hacksaw frame does not bear Lauren’s DNA,

Could that open the door about who tried to plant evidence where, against who?

Just wondering.

I was thinking this exact same thing! Also, what will Mercer do with those student loans? While Mama is refinancing the house, she might want to include those loans. :sick:

Mercer has their money. Those loans are owned by the US government, meaning all of us that pay taxes will be repaying them.

Okay, that makes sense. So what did Boni put in the trashcan, where did it come from and, most importantly, why did she even mention it in the article if it was of no importance?

IMO she was only mentioning it to make the point that at that particular time when she threw away her garbage, there was no smell. That implies that the body was not in the garbage at that time.

This is as good a place as any to say thanks to bessie and to the poster (I'm sorry I don't recall just who it was) who first suggested the media thread. I'm already making good use of it. My days are hectic and I never know when I get online how long I will have to stay there ... the easier reference to links is great.

I agree that McD could have likely calculated that the odds were super low that anyone would be looking in the fridge.
I am gonna go out on a limb here, and this is mostly just me thinking aloud, but what if McD also asked the tenant something like: "Hey, my <insert family member etc. here> went hunting and gave me some of the meat, I don't have room in my fridge, would it be ok if I used yours to store some of it in yours since you won't be using it?" that way, if properly wrapped and concealed, anything the tenant may have seen in the fridge if he opened it if he returned for any reason wouldn't be suspicious. If the tenant then reported to police that McD had asked to store his fridge, that could explain why they zeroed in on that fridge [but I think the fact that Lauren's remains showed signs of having been refrigerated is a more likely cause for LE sweeping the units and once they saw that for whatever reason, McD's fridge and Lauren's fridge couldn't have been the unit used, they moved onto the next logical conclusion].
Just a thought. I still think it's more likely he just felt confident no one would be in there for that period of time, I'm with you bessie.
Now, I know you know that is very implausible. If that had happened, we would have heard it in the very beginning, and he would have been under the jail from Day One.

I'm still torn about that refrigerator because the articles never once, ever, in any way, shape, or manner stated this tenant left that apartment for a week and then came back to move out after the body was found. The only statement made was this tenant was moving out during the time LG was missing and didn't complete moving out until after she was found. That leaves the door wide open for them to be in and out of that apartment the entire time she was missing. Everyone has them being somewhere else for that week, but it has not been stated anywhere that I have read.

Has anyone else seen it stated that the tenant from the downstairs apartment left for the week LG was missing and did not return at all until after the body was found?

How do we know so much about SM's loans?

Just conjecture if he did take loans. Federally backed loans are the only game in town since the private loan market feel apart since the recession. In any case, Mercer (or any university for that matter) is paid the money in full before each semester. The loan owner is the one that wouldn't be repaid now if McD is convicted.

Just conjecture if he did take loans. Federally backed loans are the only game in town since the private loan market feel apart since the recession. In any case, Mercer (or any university for that matter) is paid the money in full before each semester. The loan owner is the one that wouldn't be repaid now if McD is convicted.

Gotcha. I just wondered how we knew he had loans at all; thanks for clarifying that it is conjecture.

In first thread, just after LE located Lauren’s remains at Barrister Hall, there was extensive discussion about---
---Where were her remains, when LE initially came to BH, early in the morning, re missing person call?
---If remains were there, outside apt. (meaning either in rollaway-can or on the ground), why did no one detect the odor, which was reported later in the morning?

Can any W/S’er link to MSM re --
---LE’s initial time of arrival at BH re missing person?
---name of responding officer?
---LE’s announcement re time of locating them?
---name of LE officer, if any, named, as the one who located remains?
---exactly where were remains found? Rollaway can? On ground? Under tree at base of steps?

I recall varying info on all these points, from different articles or interviews.
Was a “W/S consensus” reached?

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members