GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! I actually grew up in Key West, Fl til age 18 but eventually moved up here to go to UCF and I prefer New Smyrna Beach, it's lovely, wonderful surfing, surfer boys ;x and it reminds me a bit of my hometown. That is so cool that you know this place, a lot of people consider it C. Fl's best kept secret :)

Yeah, I agree. It is an awesome place! I am a lot older than you but I have great memories of New Smyrna in the 70's. Is the Islander Hotel and Tony and Joe's bar still there? Oh yes, and those surfer boys live on, no matter how many years go by:) My best friend raised her family down the street from UCF. That's a great school. Key West is a very cool place, too!

Is there a difference in a psychopath and a sociopath? I have heard one is charming the other, well, not so, and rather rude or something?

I thought he was a sociopath/anti social personality disorder, most killers are becaused of the lack of conscience factor it takes to kill someone and to do this/............. welll......callous to say the least.

I guess if he was the type to commit suicide, it wouldnt' be becuase he was ashamed of what he's done and if he couldnt' face his family, it seems it might be becuase he couldnt' take how he was viewed by them/others. Isn that narcissistic side of the psycho/sociopath?

I presume there are varying degrees of each personality disorder? So the charming would be the Ted Bundy type? BTK certainly wasn't charming either but I would definitely consider him a psyco/sociopath (not sure correct term)

It seems like LE grabbed McD right after that interview ended. See picture at link.

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1615815_a1616929/body-found-at-downtown-macon-apartments.html

I agree, I think they were interested in him even from the time that he and Lauren's other friends were bused to the police station and interviewed. I pulled up this article where the cameraman from that weird on-air interview states
"....after McDaniel was gone, a police spokeswoman came over and wanted to know what the man on the street had said."

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/07/1657322/man-on-the-street-how-fledgling.html

Police at the scene were definitely keeping tabs on him. And look at that photo that you pasted the link to...it looks like he's almost being led up the stairs like a child. I wonder if he tried to stall or give them reasons why they didn't need to go up to his apartment...

Is there a difference in a psychopath and a sociopath? I have heard one is charming the other, well, not so, and rather rude or something?

I thought he was a sociopath/anti social personality disorder, most killers are becaused of the lack of conscience factor it takes to kill someone and to do this/............. welll......callous to say the least.

I guess if he was the type to commit suicide, it wouldnt' be becuase he was ashamed of what he's done and if he couldnt' face his family, it seems it might be becuase he couldnt' take how he was viewed by them/others. Isn that narcissistic side of the psycho/sociopath?

I presume there are varying degrees of each personality disorder? So the charming would be the Ted Bundy type? BTK certainly wasn't charming either but I would definitely consider him a psyco/sociopath (not sure correct term)

Everything tends to fall into the bell curve. Some on either extreme, with the majority in the middle somewhere. Here is a graph that shows the percentages. This one is based on IQs, but it works for most things, even simple things like shades of green or height of a 4yo child.
iq_bell_curve.gif

In the chat with the reporters, did they verify he was indeed out of class on that Monday, or did they skip it? Along with about a zillion other things they left in the gray zone. Anything verified by them, at all?

In the chat with the reporters, did they verify he was indeed out of class on that Monday, or did they skip it? Along with about a zillion other things they left in the gray zone. Anything verified by them, at all?

Quoting myself! I read it and apparently they answered nothing with any substance. Gee! What a buildup for nothing!

I agree, I think they were interested in him even from the time that he and Lauren's other friends were bused to the police station and interviewed. I pulled up this article where the cameraman from that weird on-air interview states
"....after McDaniel was gone, a police spokeswoman came over and wanted to know what the man on the street had said."

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/07/1657322/man-on-the-street-how-fledgling.html

Police at the scene were definitely keeping tabs on him. And look at that photo that you pasted the link to...it looks like he's almost being led up the stairs like a child. I wonder if he tried to stall or give them reasons why they didn't need to go up to his apartment...

I agree GT&T, but ultimately he did give them permission to search right?

Maybe he thought it would be a quick look around and they would be gone? What I wonder is if this is where the "condom" discussion took place? I know we have beat this to death, but was it "how" the condoms were found in his apartment or just what he "told" LE about them?

The PC Affidavit was released in the Breanne R. case today. The details were nothing like what posters had surmised happened to precious child. Will we be surprised by the details released in this case?

Well, after all, they are the media. If they know anything, they've already written an article about it. Did anyone REALLY expect to learn anything new from this chat session today?

If the chat had been with law enforcement, it might have been a different story.

I agree GT&T, but ultimately he did give them permission to search right?

Maybe he thought it would be a quick look around and they would be gone? What I wonder is if this is where the "condom" discussion took place? I know we have beat this to death, but was it "how" the condoms were found in his apartment or just what he "told" LE about them?

The PC Affidavit was released in the Breanne R. case today. The details were nothing like what posters had surmised happened to precious child. Will we be surprised by the details released in this case?

You're right, I believe he did give permission, otherwise they would have had to have a search warrant. I was just noting at how he appears to be being lead up the stairs. I can't tell if that officer has him by the arm or not.

Well, after all, they are the media. If they know anything, they've already written an article about it. Did anyone REALLY expect to learn anything new from this chat session today?

If the chat had been with law enforcement, it might have been a different story.

I was hoping they would clarify their bad writing. Just make it a straight answer about some of the things they left hazy. They aren't politicians! It shouldn't be that hard. :banghead:

Seems to be just be a transcript of the chat. They must of skipped an awful lot of questions. I am guessing they didn't want to touch anything that has not already been reported by MSM, but that whole thing was a waste. It was almost as if they searched through and picked the very lamest and most ignorant questions possible and those were the ones they choose to respond to. Go figure!

Seems to be just be a transcript of the chat. They must of skipped an awful lot of questions. I am guessing they didn't want to touch anything that has not already been reported by MSM, but that whole thing was a waste. It was almost as if they searched through and picked the very lamest and most ignorant questions possible and those were the ones they choose to respond to. Go figure!

I did not have high hopes, after all what could they answer that hasn't been covered in their news stories already?

My question, which I asked in the first three minutes, never even made it to the screen.

You're right, I believe he did give permission, otherwise they would have had to have a search warrant. I was just noting at how he appears to be being lead up the stairs. I can't tell if that officer has him by the arm or not.

Same here. I wonder if something about his words and demeanor that day, during and before the interview, I also really believe that once they found the torso in that trash can and the officers [as has been stated] were pretty certain it had been placed there the night before, 5 days after she was last heard from, they felt pretty certain someone in the premises had done this to her, to have been so comfortable operating in the complex, they zeroed in on McDaniel rather quickly as a possibility. Whatever they found in his apartment on top of the master key and the condoms...

It did appear that the LEO is helping him. His adrenaline has got to be off the charts as they are walking up those stairs, maybe he was weak-in-the-knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx