GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
new story up at www.macon.com:

link: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/18/1669391/investigators-in-giddings-case.html

quote: "Investigators in Giddings case seek help with search of Twiggs landfill"

edited to add:
this also includes info relating to what test results LE is still waiting for

Interesting they've kept that area of the landfill cleared out.

I know we've all wondered why it wasn't searched so much at the beginning. Surely not the cost issue they mentioned?

Time is fading - they need to go!

I just want Lauren's remains, ALL of them, to be found. For her family, and also because her killer obviously never meant for them to be recovered. They may contain crucial evidence.

Absolutely not. You can get a salad....

Don't worry - that's all I can get there, I don't eat meat. But I can remember my college days... :)

I'm actually going to drive around and then go inside. I'm almost wondering if they don't have some better monitors from that perspective.

That article posted earlier was the first I'd heard that the Zaxby's bag had been found in her car. I'd always heard that the food bag was in her apartment. That would create a very different timeline.

Interesting they've kept that area of the landfill cleared out.

I know we've all wondered why it wasn't searched so much at the beginning. Surely not the cost issue they mentioned?

Time is fading - they need to go!

I just want Lauren's remains, ALL of them, to be found. For her family, and also because her killer obviously never meant for them to be recovered. They may contain crucial evidence.
This is interesting, the sister says it is a shot in the dark, but why do it, spend $50,000 unless you have actionable reason? Has the computer or McD himself divulged anything to make them think he could have dumped remains in Mercer (we assume) or other private trash container? More questions every single day, when will ever get any answers? I say save the $50,000 for a couple of weeks, blast McD at the commitment hearing with most everything you got (hopefully it will be a lot as we have been led to believe) get confession , move on!
And what is taking so long for all the test results and especially the sexual assault kit test ? I know that doesn't take weeks.
Perhaps they are in a frantic search for the body parts that would contain crucial evidence like cause of death, I am getting that chill again from the Pinellas 12 Casey Anthony idiot juror Jennifer Ford, who said on Greta Van Susteren, and I quote : “They didn’t prove the cause of death. If you don’t know what the crime was, you can’t punish someone for that crime. That makes sense to me. I mean….. “. “If you’re going to charge someone with murder, don’t you have to know how they killed someone or why they might have killed someone, or have something where, when, why, how? Those are important questions. They were not answered.” .

I went to the Zaxby's a few days ago and I made a point to LOOK for the camera around the drive-thru and I could NOT see it! It's not in the awning part at all that I could see. Bessie posted last night that most cameras are at the place where you order and maybe it was, I just didn't see it. But I would think that they would have had a clear shot of her face if it were right there. The news article stated that they could see her arm extend from the car, so I assumed that they got her on camera at the place where you EXTEND your arm to get your food. I guess it could have been above the big menu board and she just put her arm out the car window at that time.

ASSIGNMENT: Locals, go to Zaxby's drive-thru at lunch today and find the camera! Just kidding, unless you really want to....

They may have gotten this from the DOT camera at that intersection.
(which could explain why they could only see her arm reaching for her order)
http://www.georgia-navigator.com
http://www.511ga.org
You used to be able to browse all the cameras around Macon (and there's a lot of them)
It's been a while since I've looked at them... but they're not currently available :(
Why are some features from the old NaviGAtor website missing from this version?
A few features of the old website were not implemented in this first release. They include:

* MyNaviGAtor (personalized travel alerts)
* Travel times between two points
* Local County DOT cams

However, these are on the top of our list for the next release. We are making every effort to implement these features as soon as possible.

http://www.georgia-navigator.com/511faq_page_list.php?goto=2
(BBM)

Maybe I can swing through and look - they have a somewhat high tech system because they have flat screen (computer) monitors that count down drive through wait times. I took note of these because I'd never seen this before and it also indicates that they have a good, computerized system and that the window is very large for seeing inside and outside.

ETA: Does it count for investigative purposes if I must have an unhealthy meal? :)
Take one for the team. :rocker: I was hoping a local would volunteer to take a look see. I've never been to a Zaxby's, so it's interesting to learn they use high tech equipment. They should have more than one camera. If you do go, you'll be able to spot them.

Maybe I can swing through and look - they have a somewhat high tech system because they have flat screen (computer) monitors that count down drive through wait times. I took note of these because I'd never seen this before and it also indicates that they have a good, computerized system and that the window is very large for seeing inside and outside.

ETA: Does it count for investigative purposes if I must have an unhealthy meal? :)

I say go for the strawberry cheesecake milkshake. No meat in those. And you can justify it by the fruit and dairy products in it. :innocent:

So, I think everyone's right that LG & SM's bathrooms, while not the same layout, probably do share a wall. It's interesting to me to remember that the apartment that I've been in there (and have used the bathroom) was on the right side if looking at the front doors, like SM's. But the layout of the bathroom was like LG's. Sorry if this is TMI but I'm recalling a distinct memory....when walking down the hall, the bathroom was on the left side. If sitting on the toilet, you face the back of the apartment (not the front door), the sink/vanity is on your left side and the tub is perpendicular to your knees.

So, instead of having the opposite layout of the apartment it shares a side wall with, they have the flopped layout of the apartment it shares a back wall with.

Not that this will have any bearing on the case whatsoever, I'm just working this out in my head and to you guys!
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the layout, myself, last night. I even sketched out a couple. I'm thinking the kitchens are side by side, and the bathrooms are nested in the middle behind the kitchens. LG's bedroom goes across the back wall, and the living room and second bedroom/study are on the left in LGs apartment, and to the right in McD's. Since his bath crosses the center wall, his apartment would be larger, and that doesn't seem likely. So I'm wondering, are the walls of the building are flush all the way around?

GypsiesTramps&Thieves;7040074]ASSIGNMENT: Locals, go to Zaxby's drive-thru at lunch today and find the camera! Just kidding, unless you really want to....

LOL! A few weeks ago, I went there to grab lunch for a co-worker. I went inside, and was trying to see if there was a camera near the drive-thru window on the inside of the restaurant, but I couldn't see anything. I bet I looked suspicious. :eek:hoh:

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the layout, myself, last night. I even sketched out a couple. I'm thinking the kitchens are side by side, and the bathrooms are nested in the middle behind the kitchens. LG's bedroom goes across the back wall, and the living room and second bedroom/study are on the left in LGs apartment, and to the right in McD's. Since his bath crosses the center wall, his apartment would be larger, and that doesn't seem likely. So I'm wondering, are the walls of the building are flush all the way around?

Hmmm. I always assumed that the person's bedroom whom I visited was across the hall from the bathroom. Being behind the living room and that their study was across the back. But I'm not sure, I never went into their bedroom. It wasn't THAT kind of visit! lol And yes, I believe that all the walls are flush. Can anyone else confirm that?

Hmmm. I always assumed that the person's bedroom whom I visited was across the hall from the bathroom. Being behind the living room and that their study was across the back. But I'm not sure, I never went into their bedroom. It wasn't THAT kind of visit! lol And yes, I believe that all the walls are flush. Can anyone else confirm that?
That's how I think mcd's apartment is laid out. Study in back and bedroom along the outside, side wall behind the living room.

Is it possible the bathrooms match up with the apartments on the other side of the building? Instead of matching up side by side, matching up front apartment to back apartment?

I went to the Zaxby's a few days ago and I made a point to LOOK for the camera around the drive-thru and I could NOT see it! It's not in the awning part at all that I could see. Bessie posted last night that most cameras are at the place where you order and maybe it was, I just didn't see it. But I would think that they would have had a clear shot of her face if it were right there. The news article stated that they could see her arm extend from the car, so I assumed that they got her on camera at the place where you EXTEND your arm to get your food. I guess it could have been above the big menu board and she just put her arm out the car window at that time.

ASSIGNMENT: Locals, go to Zaxby's drive-thru at lunch today and find the camera! Just kidding, unless you really want to....

If I go to Macon, I will get pictures. I know a family member of the Zaxby's owner. I might could ask him.

Zaxby's connection has confirmed that was his family's store. He said that he was under the impression that they were sure that it was her, but didn't know much more. Sorry.

I get a little obsessed with puzzles sometimes I must've been really tired last night. Driving to work this morning I realized the most logical layout of the apartments. A 7-8 foot section is cut right down the center.
The rooms line up LG's kitchen, McD's kitchen, his bathroom, her bath, closets. Their kitchen sinks are probably back to back as are the toilets. Kitchens and bathd are about 7' wide and LG's closet looks to be about 5-6' wide. That would make the dimensions approx. 20' x 33, give or take a foot either way. I think I read the total sq footage is 640-660-ish So that works. I think LG' s bedroom ran about 12'-13' along the back wall. There seems to be light coming in from a window opposite the closet wall. That would be the side of the bulding. I could be wrong, but at least I got it out of my head. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get a little obsessed with puzzles sometimes I must've been really tired last night. Driving to work this morning I realized the most logical layout of the apartments. A 7-8 foot section is cut right down the center.
The rooms line up LG's kitchen, McD's kitchen, his bathroom, her bath, closets. Their kitchen sinks are probably back to back as are the toilets. Kitchens and bathd are about 7' wide and LG's closet looks to be about 5-6' wide. That would make the dimensions approx. 20' x 33, give or take a foot either way. I think I read the total sq footage is 640-660-ish So that works. I think LG' s bedroom ran about 12'-13' along the back wall. There seems to be light coming in from a window opposite the closet wall. That would be the side of the bulding. I could be wrong, but at least I got it out of my head. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're smart...I'm really bad at this stuff, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010