GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like people are typically...perverted in one way or the other, but now I am wondering if she wasn't really a sexual target for him. Like, if it was some sort of accidental death at his hands or she somehow found out about the child *advertiser censored*?

I agree that it is extremely difficult to understand how anyone would commit these horrific 'variety version' crimes.
I have come to a clearer understanding of what McD is all about by reading a link Bessie posted up thread.
Read Bessie's link for some McD paraphilia enlightenment:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40094487/Psychology-of-Lust-Murder

Couple of interesting points we are pondering that stick out to me : excellent points brought up about why these charges ? , why now ? Is Winters' case against SMcD so weak that he thinks he needs to throw as much against the wall as he can and see what sticks ? Or , as another poster put it , because they are crimes he is obligated to do so ? What about the Comment on Fox24 about McD posting on message boards how he could get away with murder . It would have been nice of this poster to tell us where these boards are, and is this the place referred to in the warrant where McD bragged of being able to get away with murder, assuming the computer forensics could prove he was the "SoL" poster. And let's not let our imaginations run wild on the kiddie *advertiser censored*. I seriously doubt this is anybody McD personally knows. If it were the crack cocaine mom or any of her kids she would be in jail and they would be in protective custody of Family and Children Services. A macon.com commenter suggested looking up adult onset schizophrenia , so I did , but it usually doesn't appear until 40. McD obviously has several personality disorders, not sure we can put him in any one category, but definitely antisocial and disassociative . One thinikg I know or sure, he has a dark passenger ( I think we all do) and he took over at some point ~ "My dark passenger is like a trapped coal miner, always tapping; always letting me know it's in there, still alive." - Dexter "People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That's my burden, I guess" - Dexter Morgan

His (alleged) crimes are completely all over the place - condom theft, murder and dismemberment, and now child *advertiser censored*. I wonder what the time frame as to when he actually got the pictures in his possession was?

Was it sexually deviant behavior that just escalated and escalated? Did he start out burglarizing and/or peeping, then began receiving pics, then got much darker and sinister as time progressed, resulting in Lauren's murder?

BBM

That's exactly what I've been wondering. I just keep stumbling over the disconnect between the pedophilia and plotting this type of murder. I'm having a difficult time piecing it all together, especially in light of the as yet unverified comment Backwoods alerted us to. It's just difficult for me to imagine the same person being motivated by the same or similar urges/instincts when committing these crimes. On the one hand, you have a pedophiliac. On the other, you have an intricately planned murder which appears to be motivated, in part, by some urge to prove his intellectual superiority. I know a lot of you (particularly Bessie and AA) have previously posted about his sense of inferiority perhaps manifesting itself as a need to control, and I understand how that may connect both types of crimes. But I'm just having a hard time understanding how that need to control, which I assume is a motivating factor for many pedophiliacs, morphed into committing this type of murder. I guess it's the confluence of all of these seemingly distinct, yet interrelated motives that I'm having trouble understanding.

I thought about that too but just because they searched them doesn't mean they found anything on the camera. In no way am I condoning this but 7 pictures is not a lot. Wouldn't you think he would have more? Or maybe he had a lot of *advertiser censored* and only 7 that could be identified as children? And I wonder what the ages of these children are/were. It's one thing to have photographs of a 15 year old but quite another to have them of a 5 year old.

This also sways me to believe he was filming Lauren since he was obviously into deviant sexual behavior and had the means to go in and out of her apartment.

My thoughts are all over the place, so sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Glad your starting to get it. Remember, "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a duck." It may be time to climb down from the fence on SM.

Couple of interesting points we are pondering that stick out to me : excellent points brought up about why these charges ? , why now ? Is Winters' case against SMcD so weak that he thinks he needs to throw as much against the wall as he can and see what sticks ? Or , as another poster put it , because they are crimes he is obligated to do so ? What about the Comment on Fox24 about McD posting on message boards how he could get away with murder . It would have been nice of this poster to tell us where these boards are, and is this the place referred to in the warrant where McD bragged of being able to get away with murder, assuming the computer forensics could prove he was the "SoL" poster. And let's not let our imaginations run wild on the kiddie *advertiser censored*. I seriously doubt this is anybody McD personally knows. If it were the crack cocaine mom or any of her kids she would be in jail and they would be in protective custody of Family and Children Services. A macon.com commenter suggested looking up adult onset schizophrenia , so I did , but it usually doesn't appear until 40. McD obviously has several personality disorders, not sure we can put him in any one category, but definitely antisocial and disassociative . One thinikg I know or sure, he has a dark passenger ( I think we all do) and he took over at some point ~ "My dark passenger is like a trapped coal miner, always tapping; always letting me know it's in there, still alive." - Dexter "People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That's my burden, I guess" - Dexter Morgan

Just to offer a different perspective on SM's alleged past comments about how to commit murder and get away with it...

In a comment online somewhere (I think it was ATL), one of SM's friends posted that SM talking about how to commit a murder is like Tom Clancy talking about how to commit an act of terrorism. Apparently SM's writings have involved the subject and he was known to do some brainstorming.

He was a law student and holding on to *advertiser censored* to keep his mom in order so she would not return the kids back to his sister (or any other scenario) doesn't make sense. Child *advertiser censored* is illegal and would land him in jail.
So his innocence for protecting idea doesn't hold water.

I am not saying that is the answer. Of the two options I considered earlier (saving evidence or stealing a flash drive from another apartment), the sister story was more plausible. Not more plausible that ANY other explanation, just between those two. However, people do stupid things when it comes to family. If he thought no one would see them, and he simply put them on a small flash drive that was too small for much else, then it could be a reasonable explanation. For it to even be remotely possible, it would have to include his younger siblings before they came to live with his family. I have seen people hang on to things they shouldn't for a long time when it comes to family. If he presents the former argument, it could make the jury see him as a hero trying to protect his younger siblings instead of a monster who could butcher a neighbor. Public perception is very fickle.

I do find it disturbing that police waited until 2 days before the commitment hearing to decide to bring this up. They have had to have known about these images since the beginning. Every time there is a chance he may be released, they come up with something new to charge him with. Is that because they do not have faith in the evidence they have against him?

Hmmm, y'all -- there's a comment posted just a few days ago on the Fox24 web page featuring the full June 30 SM interview, having to do with the "murder theory" allegation. (First comment up, when I looked just now.) This is a new one on me. Have y'all encountered this one before?

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/June-30th-Interview-with-Stephen-McDaniel-126361528.html

It would've been nice of the poster to leave us a clue on finding these websites he mentions. I'm not sure I believe this person. Does have a ring of truth, though. I've always believed there was more to the meaning behind SOL than a political alignment.

Thank-you, Backwoods and Bessie.

I believe the poster, it has the ring of truth, IMO.

Username: SoL

I enjoy it when people can carry on a discussion about various possibilities. It demonstrates they are adults. I thoroughly believe a good discussion presents all sides, not following the crowd blindly. Following the masses is mob justice, and it often misses the truth. And it has led to innocent men and women being convicted, even put to death, over the years. By considering all the possibilities, we can develop a strong consensus. Even though some of us ponder alternate theories, it does not mean we are blind to the most likely scenario. It is a discussion board, so we discuss.

MOO but regarding the timing I think its largely due to all of the computer and other media devices that were seized in the search warrants are just now getting to the end of their being testing.. Some of the more recent articles would make sense as well with there even being alluded to something of importance being brought to the investigator's attention by the computer forensics techs..

I mean IMO it wouldn't make very much sense to charge per crime as they are uncovered when dealing with computer media forensics.. I mean say they find a child *advertiser censored* image on the 31st of July and then another video 6 days later{just an example}.. But IMO would make more sense to wait until all of the computer forensics to be in and completed therefor making the charges at that time rather than an endless string of single charges days or weeks apart..KWIM??

I do not believe for a minute it has a thing to do in the world with feeling desperate or unsure of the murder.. We know per reports that the testing on the computers was still proceeding as of last week..makes much more logical sense that due to that testing's conclusion they have now filed the appropriate charges..

but jmo, tho!

Have A Great Day, Guys!! Its beautiful, toasty and sunny in my neck of the woods..:great: Going golfing early..lol..but have to be honest by the last 9 holes I'm cruising the cart and leave the back 9 to the hubby..lol..:crazy:

I enjoy it when people can carry on a discussion about various possibilities. It demonstrates they are adults. I thoroughly believe a good discussion presents all sides, not following the crowd blindly. Following the masses is mob justice, and it often misses the truth. And it has led to innocent men and women being convicted, even put to death, over the years. By considering all the possibilities, we can develop a strong consensus. Even though some of us ponder alternate theories, it does not mean we are blind to the most likely scenario. It is a discussion board, so we discuss.

Absolutely!! And in a discussion there are going to be those that point out specific things they may just not agree with.. That is what I did precisely in posting that I did not find it a plausible theory that Stephen's sister was the adult female engaging in the graphic sex acts with her children that were described in the warrant as was purposed as a possibility that you posted.. It is as simple as that..

Peace out!!:seeya:

I'll peek in later via mobile to see if any new news;)

Just because these crimes were inadvertently discovered during the investigation of another crime are you suggesting that LE shoudln't do anything about them? There are VICTIMS of these crimes - they deserve to have the perpetrator of the crimes against them prosecuted just as Lauren does. I don't think its a strategic move for LE at all. I think its simply time for McD to pay up for his crimes. Unfortunately for him, his pridefulness made him believe he could get away with it, but instead its all crumbling down around him.

I think I agree with you CM. I was talking with a veteran prosecutor last night who is near and dear to me and asking about these new charges and I brought up some of the questions that Thin Man asked yesterday. This lawyer also does not think there is any "strategy" to these new charges but that perhaps LE is hoping he will confess after more is piled on top. The lawyer noted that these new charges cannot be used in the murder trial to show his "character" and probably will not even be able to be brought up. And I don't believe that these new charges are any indication that the evidence for the murder is "weak."

I think I agree with you CM. I was talking with a veteran prosecutor last night who is near and dear to me and asking about these new charges and I brought up some of the questions that Thin Man asked yesterday. This lawyer also does not think there is any "strategy" to these new charges but that perhaps LE is hoping he will confess after more is piled on top. The lawyer noted that these new charges cannot be used in the murder trial to show his "character" and probably will not even be able to be brought up. And I don't believe that these new charges are any indication that the evidence for the murder is "weak."

The timing is what makes me suspicious. As Lawette posted earlier LE could have held onto these charges longer and used them to negotiate a plea and info on LG's location. LE has plenty of time to charge SM with *advertiser censored* since he's not going anywhere if they have the murder evidence to hold him. Now that this is public what do they have to deal with? As you stated, the *advertiser censored* can't be used at his trial so this will probably just make SM stick to his silence more.

Hello all. I have been following this forum and news on LG's murder for several weeks and I have appreciated all of the contributions here. I graduated from ML several years ago, so I did not know LG or McD or any of the major players in this case. But I lived in Macon for several years and I'm still very familiar with the area though I don't live there anymore. I don't practice criminal law so my criminal knowledge is general, especially when it comes to procedural issues. I'm very interested in seeing the perp in this case brought to justice. I think everyone in the Mercer community takes this case very personally.

Based on the recent news of the child exploitation charges, I don't think they have anything to do with the murder case other than the fact that they were discovered while going through McD's things for evidence related to the murder. They do indicate that McD has some serious issues. As far as the new charges reflecting on a weak murder case, I don't think that's a fair assessment. LE can't disregard finding material like that even if the search is for other reasons. I believe they probably have a duty to follow up on evidence of any other crimes committed. They can't just ignore it because there are "bigger fish to fry" so to speak.

Does anybody have any information on whether or not the commitment hearing will be sealed in some way so that the public does not hear the evidence presented?

Glad to be here.

The timing is what makes me suspicious. As Lawette posted earlier LE could have held onto these charges longer and used them to negotiate a plea and info on LG's location. LE has plenty of time to charge SM with *advertiser censored* since he's not going anywhere if they have the murder evidence to hold him. Now that this is public what do they have to deal with? As you stated, the *advertiser censored* can't be used at his trial so this will probably just make SM stick to his silence more.

Or maybe they are not interested in making any deal with him. Maybe they know they've got his *advertiser censored** nailed to the wall and want to go ahead and charge him with everything they know he's done.

Or maybe they are not interested in making any deal with him. Maybe they know they've got his *advertiser censored** nailed to the wall and want to go ahead and charge him with everything they know he's done.

I would think that too, if it weren't for how much importance her family places on having her entire body recovered (as I know most families would).

I found the website where SMD posted as SoL so what the commenter said on Macon.com is true. Bessie is it ok to link to it here?

Hello all. I have been following this forum and news on LG's murder for several weeks and I have appreciated all of the contributions here. I graduated from ML several years ago, so I did not know LG or McD or any of the major players in this case. But I lived in Macon for several years and I'm still very familiar with the area though I don't live there anymore. I don't practice criminal law so my criminal knowledge is general, especially when it comes to procedural issues. I'm very interested in seeing the perp in this case brought to justice. I think everyone in the Mercer community takes this case very personally.

Based on the recent news of the child exploitation charges, I don't think they have anything to do with the murder case other than the fact that they were discovered while going through McD's things for evidence related to the murder. They do indicate that McD has some serious issues. As far as the new charges reflecting on a weak murder case, I don't think that's a fair assessment. LE can't disregard finding material like that even if the search is for other reasons. I believe they probably have a duty to follow up on evidence of any other crimes committed. They can't just ignore it because there are "bigger fish to fry" so to speak.

Does anybody have any information on whether or not the commitment hearing will be sealed in some way so that the public does not hear the evidence presented?

Glad to be here.

I'm glad you decided to join us. I wasn't suggesting that LE ignore or not investigate the *advertiser censored*. They could easily do that without charging him now. He's in jail and no threat so why rush it? It's a separate charge. Earlier, many posters were giving good reasons for SM not to be charged with murder until after the investigation was complete.

Too bad we aren't all psychologists prior to raising children. Too bad we aren't all carbon copies of each other with these degrees prior to having children.

If one has no morals in life to live by, I have to agree with you. Maybe instruction manuals should be handed out in the maternity wards. Just my old opinions again.

Well, I didn't see this coming:

Murder suspect Stephen McDaniel faces seven charges of child sexual exploitation, according to Macon police. http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/141134/175/McDaniel-Charged-With-Child-Sexual-Exploitation

It appears these charges are for images of child *advertiser censored* found on his computer.

Congratulations, Mr. McDaniel. I fully believed that it was impossible for you to be any more horrible of a human being than I already thought you were. Way to prove me wrong.

Anyone still having realistic doubts that there was a sexual component to Lauren's murder presuming McDaniel is guilty?
Don't mistake his proclivity for child *advertiser censored* for an exclusion of the likelihood that he would offend against adults, plenty of rapists are also fans of CP and are not even gender-specific in terms of the children featured in the disgusting material. The mere nature of the violation and power pedophiles have over their victims in their photos/videos is a turn on for those with violent sexual urges, gender is irrelevant. In many cases sexual predator will possess or produce child *advertiser censored* featuring both boys and girls, it is the powerlessness of the children that is the draw more than it is the gender in their case...also, many rapists who are gender-selective about adults are not exclusively gender-selective about their child victims.

Anyone still having realistic doubts that there was a sexual component to Lauren's murder presuming McDaniel is guilty?
Don't mistake his proclivity for child *advertiser censored* for an exclusion of the likelihood that he would offend against adults, plenty of rapists are also fans of CP and are not even gender-specific in terms of the children featured in the disgusting material. The mere nature of the violation and power pedophiles have over their victims in their photos/videos is a turn on for those with violent sexual urges, gender is irrelevant. In many cases sexual predator will possess or produce child *advertiser censored* featuring both boys and girls, it is the powerlessness of the children that is the draw more than it is the gender in their case...also, many rapists who are gender-selective about adults are not exclusively gender-selective about their child victims.

I understand why you think the *advertiser censored* is related to the murder of LG. My concern is that LE thinks the same way and jumped from child *advertiser censored* to LG's murder without solid evidence. I think he probably did it, but have concerns that the evidence is not there. (I know about the hack saw and accusations of MM, but would those be enough to convict?) Would LE not need time to investigate the *advertiser censored*? Seems to me they may be alerting other locals involved in *advertiser censored* by charging him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966