GA - Marianne Shockley, dead in hot tub, Milledgeville GA, May 12 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The owner did CPR for 45 minutes too because he thought that she drowned.

I am anxious to see the trial because this seems too unreal.
CPR explains the broken ribs. I'm guessing she was choked to unconsciousness and then collapsed, hitting her head. Some combination of the choking, head injury, and water aspiration caused her death. I don't think this was premeditated, but it sounds like both men were out of control and not using good judgment.

CPR explains the broken ribs. I'm guessing she was choked to unconsciousness and then collapsed, hitting her head. Some combination of the choking, head injury, and water aspiration caused her death. I don't think this was premeditated, but it sounds like both men were out of control and not using good judgment.

Hopefully the trial will give some answers. I suspect that she was murdered.

This is from a news article and OP on Page 3:

Oddly, around her body were hydrangea flowers and leaves. Marianne Shockley's boyfriend, Marcus Lillard, explained to investigators that the hydrangea debris got there when, while trying in vain to resuscitate Shockley, that he and Clark Heindel shook the flowers over her body “for some kind of ceremonial” rite, Michael Maybin, the GBI agent, testifed. “That’s what they were doing instead of calling 911,” the agent added. “I think (Lillard) said it was something Clark was into or something, some type of ritual, that he had been to South America and learned that stuff from some kind of religion.”

They didn't call 911 for 45 minutes.

This post is from OP on Page 2:

“I asked Lillard if he went behind the diving board when he carried Shockley and he stated he actually grabbed her from the hot tub and jumped in the pool and swam with her to the other side,” according to Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Sgt. Andrew Brantley. “Lillard stated that they (he and Shockley) exited the pool in the shallow end and he dropped her there.”

The homeowner killed himself.

Reactions: byo
Hopefully the trial will give some answers. I suspect that she was murdered.

This is from a news article and OP on Page 3:

Oddly, around her body were hydrangea flowers and leaves. Marianne Shockley's boyfriend, Marcus Lillard, explained to investigators that the hydrangea debris got there when, while trying in vain to resuscitate Shockley, that he and Clark Heindel shook the flowers over her body “for some kind of ceremonial” rite, Michael Maybin, the GBI agent, testifed. “That’s what they were doing instead of calling 911,” the agent added. “I think (Lillard) said it was something Clark was into or something, some type of ritual, that he had been to South America and learned that stuff from some kind of religion.”

They didn't call 911 for 45 minutes.

This post is from OP on Page 2:

“I asked Lillard if he went behind the diving board when he carried Shockley and he stated he actually grabbed her from the hot tub and jumped in the pool and swam with her to the other side,” according to Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Sgt. Andrew Brantley. “Lillard stated that they (he and Shockley) exited the pool in the shallow end and he dropped her there.”

The homeowner killed himself.
I think we have criminally negligent homicide or manslaughter for sure, but I doubt the DA will be able to prove intent for 1st or 2nd degree. I don't think Lillard meant to kill her, but I think he was so messed up (on drugs?) that he caused her death by choking her, failing to get professional help for her, and possibly dropping her.

I think we have criminally negligent homicide or manslaughter for sure, but I doubt the DA will be able to prove intent for 1st or 2nd degree. I don't think Lillard meant to kill her, but I think he was so messed up (on drugs?) that he caused her death by choking her, failing to get professional help for her, and possibly dropping her.

I don't like any of it but dragging her from one pool end to the other is crazy. If he didn't know that she was dead, then wouldn't that have drowned her anyway. o_O:eek::confused::):):)

Honestly- broken ribs in CPR seldom happens in individuals under the age of 70. And lay person CPR tends to be nowhere near as aggressive as a healthcare provider would be doing (thus part of the abysmal out-of-hospital CPR survival rates). I've only ever broken a rib doing CPR once in 40+ years - and it was on an elderly woman- and I give very forceful compressions.

I used to work in pulmonary critical care. Used to, I got tired of people dying as a part of my job description... Anyway, if you do CPR correctly, you WILL break ribs. Its almost unavoidable. That doesn't account for the head wound though, even if the strangulation was part of consensual sex.

I was at Walter Reed, and the majority of my patients were young men with blast injuries. While the 70+ yo population does crunch a lot easier, the 20 year olds still broke. I do agree that civilian CPR on the street is substandard at best though. Aggressive compressions save lives...

Well this certainly is an interesting case. Perhaps they weren’t having sex with the woman.....

amateur opinion and speculation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay