GUILTY GA - Martin Romero, 33, & four children stabbed to death, Loganville, 6 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was reported that interviewing the mother was complicated by the fact that she only spoke her native Spanish. So whatever indicators there may have been that she was becoming mentally unstable would have gone un-noticed because she was also isolated by the language barrier. The father probably noticed his wife was going off the rails but he would have been too busy working to support his large family. He was only 33 years old with a wife and 5 children, we have not been told her age yet, but the oldest child is 10 years old and the youngest is 2 years old. He was supporting his first child at 23 and they had another child every 2 years after that. He had a lot of responsibility and she was isolated by language. I suspect most of the children also spoke English, they would learn quickly and easily, Mom was the only one who hadn't. JMOO

ATLANTA (AP) — A woman charged with killing four of her young children and their father is due in court Friday morning, one day after police say she stabbed the five to death and seriously injured another child at a home outside Atlanta.

Authorities in Georgia charged 33-year-old Isabel Martinez on Thursday with five counts of malice murder, five counts of murder and six counts of aggravated assault, hours after police said she called 911 to report the killings from the home the family shared.
Some neighbors in the small, largely Hispanic neighborhood said they had no clue anything was amiss in the home until police mobbed the scene Thursday morning.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ap-woman-charged-in-slayings-of-4-children-father-due-in-court-2017-7

ATLANTA – *A woman charged with killing four of her young children and their father smiled and gave a double thumbs up to cameras during her first court appearance Friday before telling a judge she doesn't want an attorney.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/07/woman-charged-in-slayings-4-children-father-due-in-court.html

I don't even want to look at her photo, but I had a feeling yesterday it might be something like this.

Evil comes in some forms that even psychiatrists cannot explain adequately.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/mom-accused-of-killing-family-shows-bizarre-behavior-during-first-appearance/454895799?=y

The local station, 11Alive, also has video in court of her antics at this link. The next hearing is July 20.

"The mother accused of stabbing four of her children and their father to death showed bizarre behavior during her first appearance hearing Friday morning. Her antics became so strange, the judge eventually told her to "stop talking....Throughout the entire hearing, Martinez smiled, waved her arms, and gave thumbs up. At one point, she knelt down on her knees and spread out her arms, as if to embrace someone in a hug......When offered the choice to be appointed an attorney, Martinez said her attorneys are the people and her faith, according to her translator. Judge Thorpe tried to convince her to accept legal help, but repeatedly refused. "

(NOTE: In the attached video with article, the reporter states that the county does not have public defender's office, but rather a list of attys that will take their cases)

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/mom-accused-of-killing-family-shows-bizarre-behavior-during-first-appearance/454895799?=y

The local station, 11Alive, also has video in court of her antics at this link. The next hearing is July 20.

"The mother accused of stabbing four of her children and their father to death showed bizarre behavior during her first appearance hearing Friday morning. Her antics became so strange, the judge eventually told her to "stop talking....Throughout the entire hearing, Martinez smiled, waved her arms, and gave thumbs up. At one point, she knelt down on her knees and spread out her arms, as if to embrace someone in a hug......When offered the choice to be appointed an attorney, Martinez said her attorneys are the people and her faith, according to her translator. Judge Thorpe tried to convince her to accept legal help, but repeatedly refused. "

(NOTE: In the attached video with article, the reporter states that the county does not have public defender's office, but rather a list of attys that will take their cases)

Wow - that video was hard to watch. I'd better not comment any further.

Mother's that kill their children are the most alien creatures to me. I would tear apart anything, anyone that tried to harm a hair on their heads. Even now at ages 21 and 17 that instinct has not grown one bit less intense in me. It gets bigger. I will never, ever understand. Only that it must be one giant hell of a mental rip.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You got Diane Downs, Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, and many more.

Even rarer, a mother or woman who kill someone else's children, which includes adopted, foster, or step children. You do not hear much of that, but there are some high profile ones like Gertrude Baniszewski, Elisa Baker, Melissa Huckaby, and Lori Drew.

She may have had a psychotic break. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not getting mentally ill from that video, I'm getting 'trying very hard to appear crazy'.

You got Diane Downs, Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, and many more.

Even rarer, a mother or woman who kill someone else's children, which includes adopted, foster, or step children. You do not hear much of that, but there are some high profile ones like Gertrude Baniszewski, Elisa Baker, Melissa Huckaby, and Lori Drew.
Melissa Huckabee. That was rare. I will never forget poor Sandra Cantu.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She looks absolutely gleeful in that video. Not a care in the world!

What the actual heck?

I might be in the minority, but I believe that some sort of psychosis is a real possibility with this one. In both the mugshot and the video, there's a kind of vacant and not really firmly planted in reality quality to her expressions. And the quotes of hope and God and faith that allude to being somewhat of a champion of the people... delusions of grandeur?

I might be in the minority, but I believe that some sort of psychosis is a real possibility with this one. In both the mugshot and the video, there's a kind of vacant and not really firmly planted in reality quality to her expressions. And the quotes of hope and God and faith that allude to being somewhat of a champion of the people... delusions of grandeur?

I do too. God is a huge focus of many schizophrenics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Romero was found in the house in Loganville, Georgia, suffering serious injuries. She was taken to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta hospital and was in serious but stable condition Thursday afternoon, police said.

“We continue to pray for Diana’s recovery both physically and emotionally as she learns about what happened to her father and siblings,” police said in a statement to PEOPLE.

http://people.com/crime/children-allegedly-stabbed-death-mother-identified-isabel-martinez/

Martinez is being held at Gwinnett County Jail on five counts of murder, five counts of malice murder and six counts of aggravated assault. She is also be held for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. There is no bond.

A neighbor told 11Alive that the family was often seen together and that Martinez "seemed like a happy person." He said that she had begun acting differently, and was "a lot meaner" after the death of her father.

http://www.11alive.com/news/police-identify-victims-in-gwinnett-county-family-slaughter/454788227

JMHO, we are seeing a true psychotic break.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back