GUILTY GA - Martin Romero, 33, & four children stabbed to death, Loganville, 6 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Steroids are the worst drug in the world, IMO.
They made me want to punch something, a wall, anything.
I've never felt that way before or since.
They don't warn you either so you don't know it's the drug making you crazy.

They did let us know, that he could feel aggressive or angry. The becoming psychotic was shocking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in a psych unit for long term treatment resistant adults. One woman goes so off the charts when on steroids (bronchitis) we have to feed her extra benzodiazepines and antipsychotics round the clock. She has schizophrenia but gets extremely agitated and her voices escalate on steroids

Doesnt she look like shes squeezing her daughters arms tightly? Look at her knuckles. The little girl looks scared.

a67cc13c3f6ef8e8524eafa5713299b0.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4674176/Woman-charged-slayings-4-children-father-court.html
Heartbreaking. These beautiful little tots. I wish she did go to her dad's funeral and they didn't let her back in
🙁

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Doesnt she look like shes squeezing her daughters arms tightly? Look at her knuckles. The little girl looks scared.

a67cc13c3f6ef8e8524eafa5713299b0.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4674176/Woman-charged-slayings-4-children-father-court.html

ugh those faces, that baby looks terrified of her mother. My heart is breaking :maddening:

I cannot begin to fathom harming my children in any way, but to deliberately snuff out their sweet innocent lives..........disgusting & horrifying & depressing :furious: :crying: So very :sorry: babies for what your mother did to you

Yes she is holding that poor baby's arms too tightly and it is easy to see that the poor little baby is terrified of her. I have no doubt that the mother is already mentally unbalanced. She has too many children for her to cope with, the husband is busy working to support his very large family and is completely unaware that his wife is about to lose control of herself.
Entering the United States illegally might have seemed like a good idea at the time but they didn't stop to think that it also means that they cannot go back and forth when-ever they want to. It was a one-way act with no way back. That was all it took to unbalance the mother and the consequences were horribly fatal for the whole family. In the photographs of the mother posing for the photographers she is clearly completely out of her mind.
Also her inability to speak English has also completely isolated her, she was in a Spanish speaking community there where they were living so that was some relief for her. Her children could speak English so she had the opportunity to learn English from them (her husband must also have been able to speak English). She had plenty of opportunity to learn English and to assimilate more than she had. IMO she had been unbalanced mentally for years and it all came unstuck when her father died. JMOO

http://www.11alive.com/news/survivor-of-family-massacre-mother-told-her-she-was-going-to-see-jesus/458007920

Survivor of family massacre: Mother told her she was going to see Jesus
In newly-released Division of Family and Children's Services documents, ***** Romero (ED: The 9 yr old) described the terrifying events of that morning.

***** said that often played with friends and family outside in her neighborhood, specifically stating that she never went to her friends' homes and they never came to hers. She said she played board games and watched television with her siblings.

In the days before the attack, ***** said that her family had gone to Savannah and spent the night. She said she had fun playing in the water at the beach with her brothers and sisters. She said everything seemed normal on the trip, and that her mother and father didn't get upset with each other.

.. she saw her mother get a knife out of the kitchen...The child said her father was sleeping when her mother began stabbing the children, who were also asleep. Before her mother turned the knife on her, ***** said that she told her to forgive her, and that she loved her. She said that her mother told her she was going to the sky to see Jesus. .... she cried and told her mother she didn't want to go see Jesus.

The 9-year-old victim said her mother took her into her father's room to watch him get up and show him what happened. She said her father went into the living room to try and get help, but as he walked to the door, Isabel Martinez began cutting him too. *****, who said she couldn't move, said she saw her mother then stab another of her brothers. The 9-year-old said her mother wasn't crying or screaming during the attack. She said her mother called police after she cut herself.

In the video, it states that Isabel Martinez denied stabbing her family. She claimed a family friend murdered the children and her husband, and said, "The truth will come to light." The mom said a family friend came into the home and stabbed the children and her husband. She claimed the friend came over often, had full access to the house, and took advantage of her because he knew she was going through things with her father and couldn't stop the friend. She said that she tried to stop the friend and was cut on the wrist. She would not identify the friend . She put all the bodies in the same room so they could be together. She claimed she tried to stop the friend.

ETA: According to a previous article, there is another hearing on the case today. "Martinez's preliminary hearing is scheduled for Thursday, July 20." http://www.11alive.com/news/local/mom-accused-of-killing-family-shows-bizarre-behavior-during-first-appearance/454895799?=y

http://www.11alive.com/news/mother-felt-devil-like-spirit-days-before-shes-accused-of-slaughtering-family/458018846

Days before the murders, the family took a beach trip to Savannah, Martinez said. While there, she said she asked her husband to bring her back home because she felt a "devil-like spirit in Savannah" and she didn't want to be there.

She said that while they were at the beach, the waves attempted to take her and her children away and she "just wanted to save them." She said she couldn't explain the spirit, but said she was very frustrated.

On the morning of July 6, Martinez claimed a friend of her husband's came into the home and committed the murders. She said the friend used a black knife that she had never seen before, but said it was from their home. She said there should be evidence in the home that the friend had been there.

Gwinnett woman indicted in stabbing deaths of husband, 4 kids

Martinez was indicted Sept. 7 on five murder charges, one aggravated assault charge and one third-degee cruelty to children charge. The cruelty charge* resulted from Diana Romero allegedly witnessing her mother killing her father and siblings.

Martinez has been described by family and neighbors as depressed about her father’s passing in the weeks before the killings. Martinez could not attend her father’s funeral in Mexico and worried that he would go to hell because he practiced witchcraft

*Gwinnett mom felt “devil like spirit” before stabbing children, husband

Nine-year-old Diana Romero said she saw her mother stabbing her brothers, sister and father, but before the woman turned on Diana she told her that she was “going to the sky to see Jesus,”

What does everyone make her continually tugging on her shirt at the hearing?

Very sick individual.

Update?

Woman accused of murdering husband, 4 kids won’t face death penalty

"...News outlets report 34-year-old Isabel Martinez appeared in court Monday in Gwinnett County, near Atlanta, and pleaded not guilty all charges.

She is charged with five counts of murder, one count of aggravated assault and one count of third-degree cruelty to children. The July attack injured 9-year-old Diana Romero and killed 33-year-old Martin Romero, 2-year-old Axel Romero, 4-year-old Dillan Romero, 7-year-old Dacota Romero and 10-year-old Isabela Martinez.

Friends told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Martinez had been depressed before the killings and had outbursts of anger and sadness.

WSB-TV reports the prosecutor won’t seek the death penalty because of because of Martinez’s mental state."

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/woman-accused-of-murdering-husband-4-kids-wont-face-death-penalty/
---

5 Things to Know: Georgia Mother Accused of Stabbing Her Husband and 4 Kids to Death (with clip)

July 10, 2017

"The 9-year-old lone survivor of a stabbing rampage is still recovering at a Georgia hospital as her mother is accused in her assault and the deaths of her four siblings and their father.

Diana Romero was the only one found alive in the family’s home in Loganville, Georgia, on Thursday after her mother, 33-year-old Isabel Martinez, allegedly stabbed her husband and other children to death.

“She [Diana] is surrounded by loving family members who are helping care for her,” police said in a tweet on Friday.

Here are five things to know about the case...."

http://people.com/crime/5-things-georgia-mother-stabbing-husband-4-kids/

421E46D600000578-4674176-image-a-40_1499437115888.jpg

Link: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/07/15/421E46D600000578-4674176-image-a-40_1499437115888.jpg

(Martinez killed Martin Romero, 33, left, and four of the five children they had together, pictured. Diana Romero, nine, in front of Martin, survived. The other children, from left to right are: Axel Romero, two, [in the stroller], Isabela Martinez, 10, Dacota Romero, seven and Dillan Romero, four)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t find any updates about this horrific case. Can anyone find any trial info?

I can’t find any updates about this horrific case. Can anyone find any trial info?

Nothing has been listed as to trial dates yet. Interesting as the court site doesn't even have updates in 2018 when we know that there was a court hearing that said they would not be looking for the death penalty. ( that was also the latest media coverage I could find)

Gwinnett County - Case Search - By Party Name

She is shown to be housed in Gwinnett County Correctional at this time.

http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/smartwebclient/

Attachments

• 20190412_095515.jpg
    20190412_095515.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1
Gwinnett woman pleads guilty to killing husband, 4 kids

Isabel Martinez, 35, pleaded guilty but mentally ill to five counts of murder, one count of aggravated assault and one count of cruelty to children Tuesday ..Martinez was sentenced to five life sentences with the possibility of parole plus 21 years after entering her plea Tuesday, according to the DA’s office.

Gwinnett County mother convicted in stabbing death of husband, 4 children

A judge sentenced Martinez to life with the possibility of parole for the murder charges, plus 21 years for the remaining counts to be served concurrent.

@Linskid guilty but mentally ill is the same sentence that Hemy Neuman got. It is an option in Georgia.

Gwinnett woman pleads guilty to killing husband, 4 kids

Isabel Martinez, 35, pleaded guilty but mentally ill to five counts of murder, one count of aggravated assault and one count of cruelty to children Tuesday ..Martinez was sentenced to five life sentences with the possibility of parole plus 21 years after entering her plea Tuesday, according to the DA’s office.

Gwinnett County mother convicted in stabbing death of husband, 4 children

A judge sentenced Martinez to life with the possibility of parole for the murder charges, plus 21 years for the remaining counts to be served concurrent.

@Linskid guilty but mentally ill is the same sentence that Hemy Neuman got. It is an option in Georgia.
Thank you, dixiegirl. I’m no psychiatrist, but this verdict seems appropriate. I wonder how the surviving daughter is doing.

Thank you, dixiegirl. I’m no psychiatrist, but this verdict seems appropriate. I wonder how the surviving daughter is doing.

Agree, and this verdict will allow her to get mental health treatment while she is incarcerated if I understand and remember correctly from the Hemy Neuman case. The mentally ill verdict doesn't give you any less time, although it does take away the death penalty. ( from Wikipedia, "Capital punishment in Georgia (U.S. state) ... Georgia reintroduced the death penalty in 1973 after Furman v. Georgia ruled all states' death penalty statutes unconstitutional. The first execution to take place afterwards occurred in 1983. As of May 5, 2018, 72 people in total have been executed since 1983.")

By the way, I don't think Hemy Neuman should have gotten that he was mentally ill. But that's another thread and another story.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidnightMystery
Back