GA GA - McDonough, WhtFemale Skeletal 231UFGA, 18-40, off I-75, Nov'73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good to see you back. This was never resolved? I would have thought they would have an answer by now one way or the other.

looks like the UID is now in Namus (supposedly since July 2008). there is no image and no rule-outs listed:

https://identifyus.org/cases/2189

There was a detective at the GBI, who was all over this in the past, and within a few days, I never heard from him again..... That was a few years ago. I would e-mail him once in a while, and no response. As an investigator myself, I know how you can get wrapped up in other things if something isn't a slam dunk.... This one isn't an easy one. I even found a person Gloria was married to after she and my father divorced (Johnny Clyde Goodman). Sadly, he died. I found Johnny's brother, who told me that he was not close to his brother, as their parents divorced, and each one stayed with a different parent. grrrr He recalled Gloria, but only met her a handful of times. He told me that his sister (Jackie Goodman) was the last one to see Gloria at a party, and that Gloria left with three men. My estimations indicate that she was a young teenager at this party. How she could remember a detail like that after over 40 years is beyond me....Gloria and her brother had separated by that point, after only 10 days of being married (according to a divorce decree I found). The party was 7 months later. Anyway, the brother won't tell me how to reach his sister, and his sister won't talk. He has since shut the door, and won't answer any questions. So unless the GBI actually gets involved, and asked the questions, I don't think we will really know anything about the last day she was seen alive. I would like to know where that party took place (I think it was in someone's home in East Point, GA or Atlanta, GA). I would like to know who those three men were (had to be friend's of the family I'm thinking). My grandmother handed over an envelope that had been turned over to her from the military (Gloria's affects after going "AWOL." On this envelope Gloria had written that she loved Toney Adams. She also had other names written on this envelope. I believe I have mentioned those names here on Websleuth. She lived with a person named Ruth Adams before she went into the military. Ruth was widowed at the time, and I'm assuming she has passed away. Ancestry.com does not list good vital records for Georgia. I'm assuming that Toney Adams is related to Ruth. Can't find him, or any of the others on her list. So, the long and the short of this is, the GBI will have the resources to look into all of the research that has been done, and could be the ones to ask questions.

Since I stepped back for a bit to handle some personal things, mentioned earlier, I have been in contact with a Websleuth researcher and she might have found a phone number for Jackie. It also looks like she might have only been 11 when she saw Gloria......so this will be an interesting call.....

Good to see you back. This was never resolved? I would have thought they would have an answer by now one way or the other.

Let me look. The FBI called me about one case but it was found to not be a match. I don't think it's this one. I will check.

Let me look. The FBI called me about one case but it was found to not be a match. I don't think it's this one. I will check.

Yes. This one has been ruled out unfortunately. I had to go to the GBI website. That person was not a DNA match. :banghead:

Is it possible to get emailed when people post to this thread?

Yes, Select "User CP", from the menu. That will take you to the User Control Panel. From the options on the left hand side, under Subscriptions, you can select List Subscriptions. As I understand it, you are automatically subscribed to any thread that you have posted to, so all threads you have posted to (and those which you manually subscribed to) should be listed.

There is a check-box on the right of each listed thread. Select those for which you want e-mail notification. At the bottom of the list on the right-hand side, there is a drop-down box labeled "Selected Threads". Click the drop-down and select "Instant e-mail Notification". Then click the "Go" button.

dogperson, I see you thanked carbuff's post above, so I figure you are looking in on this thread from time to time.

Correct me if I am wrong: Isn't this the UID for which you submitted Carlene Tengelsen as a possibility (for those unfamiliar, missing from Macon, GA in June 1972). I believe you said she was ruled out on the basis of dental, but that NAMUS doesn't have Carlene down as having dental records on file -- so you figured it was just the fact that Carlene had braces when she disappeared and the UID (apparently) did not have braces when found. Is that how it was -- am I remembering correctly?

So why would Carlene not appear as a ruleout --anybody? Is it because they both have DNA in the system (not certain whether they both did at the time dogperson submitted Carlene as a possibility) and so it's an automatic ruleout anyhow?

The date and the location are just so "possible" for Carlene...

Some jurisdictions just don't update Namus listings, or don't do so regularly.

Yes, that's a very strong resemblance. And with only a skull to go by, there's not much else that can be compared. The UID has mtDNA -- it doesn't say what kind of DNA Joyce has, but it's likely to be FRS (family reference sample), which might or might not include mtDNA, depending on whether the person(s) who supplied it were direct female relatives. Definitely worth checking.

Attachments

• joyce brewer and UID 231UFGA.png
    joyce brewer and UID 231UFGA.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 44
I suppose that would mean that the boyfriend would be the prime suspect. And that somewhere between Texas and Georgia, we might be able to find the rest of her. :(

Also, the number of headless bodies, and various body parts that are in namus is fairly disturbing to me.

This girl was supposed to be about 30 miles from where the skull was found. Trying to not get distracted by the difference in hair because nothing states there was any hair found. Facial structure comparison is difficult with Patricia's angle. I think she's likely too young and would assume a partial would have been mentioned. Other than location not much to go

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3009dfpa.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7040/79

Ignore previous comment. Somehow I saw GA when It said PA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back