GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental illness... Psychotic.... Aspergers...
I do not care about the justifications. If you commit crimes that result in the loss of life then you are not to return to society... Do not make society pay for his crimes. The victims' families have paid more than their fair share. Justice is not reached by insanity or mental excuses. Bring the gallows back :)

Warning: Graphic

Regarding the assault he committed against her with his hands, followed by spanking - I'm wondering if he was somehow "testing" her virginity or "testing" to see what sexual contact had occurred in the car. Perhaps she didn't pass the "test," so he spanked her, shot her, and posed her body after death.

The way the victims were displayed after death leads to the conclusion that he had some sick thoughts - and perhaps humiliating her by testing her purity was part of it.

Were the victims "sacrifices" - male and female?

And the question of HOW he was there at the same time they were there remains unanswered.

TOTAL SPECULATION

Early on, I believe LE said something about an app called Smack High which is designed to allow teenagers to connect. If this app has anything with location tracking such as 'find your friends' in Facebook it is possible he found these two teens on the app, realized they were nearby and went about his ugly business. I do think this crime was premeditated, but whether it was targeted at NH and CD specifically, or just random nearby potential victim we do not yet know. I don't know whether it is worse to think that he targeted these two kids specifically, or that they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he was looking for someone to hurt.

So was he just randomly driving around Roswell in the middle of the night with a mask and a gun, looking for someone to kill? And came upon these kids by accident?

I guess so...he told the grandparents he was going to do something bad...he wrote about it..they left a gun where he could get it and he did it.
He went to Waffle House...went to the Publix parking lot..they drove by...he watched them for a while and then he did it.

So was he just randomly driving around Roswell in the middle of the night with a mask and a gun, looking for someone to kill? And came upon these kids by accident?

With a mask and a feather.... Hmmmmm

I watched the beginning of the hearing that I missed. LE found his car in front of the gf house and he came out and they followed him to the gas station and arrested him. So he spent the night there after the murder. That's the backstory behind the photos of the search at her house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and it does look like they met to hook up. jh said he watched them in the back seat and "someone" told him to confront him. When he opened the door carter "scared" him so he hit him with the gun. He made NH get out of the car and she had a tshirt and underwear on. So sad. Just two teens doing what teens do

According to the testimony his car arrived in the front parking lot just before theirs went into the back. He claims he was curious and followed them

Sooooo he's a weirdo? We knew that. Is this going to trial? I need more details.

Grand Jury - September 9th. He also has additional charges against him.

I still think there's more. Obviously they did not tell the whole story today. The only person who testified was the detective who he confessed to - and we do not know he told her the entire story or the whole truth, either. Today was only for the prosecution to show they had enough evidence that HE was the perpetrator, and that it should go to the Grand Jury. I'm still not totally convinced this was random and not planned in any way. ???

Unless I'm hearing and/or reading wrong, he went to the gas station, filled up his gas can, and returned to the scene. Oh, and the victims were found with odd burn (type?) marks on their toes. Hmmm.

lol I see this time and again and to be clear, im not saying I am against execution. but a death sentence costs over three times what it does to house an inmate for his natural life. the injection isn't the big cost, its the legal team, extra security in prison, the extra security for transport when they are out for appeals... the margin for a new trial is higher.... and death row is nicer that the mainline. I just have to say that disclaimer.

I honestly think he is so mental he will be at the state hospital for life. which is just like prison full of crazy ppl.

YEP! I hope he gets the death penalty. I live here and do not want my tax dollars paying for his meals for life in prison. I'd rather pay for his injection.....

Mental illness... Psychotic.... Aspergers...
I do not care about the justifications. If you commit crimes that result in the loss of life then you are not to return to society... Do not make society pay for his crimes. The victims' families have paid more than their fair share. Justice is not reached by insanity or mental excuses. Bring the gallows back :)
Hi Rift.

I'm of a split mind here. One part of me wants to stand up and cheer your comment. This dude can NEVER EVER be released. Also I am of a mind that many killers are mentally ill (not all of them), and this shouldn't be a pass for them.

BUT, BUT BUT, the disorganization this guy displayed after committing his crime speaks volumes to his condition. He is no budding Son of Sam rampage killer in the making. This was a one shot deal IMO. Some sort of psychotic break. He didn't do very much to hide his crime. Sure he picked up the bullets. But he also went back to the scene. Kept the gun, mask, cables and credit card. He didn't run or hide. He displayed bizarre behaviour while under surveillance right before arrest.

I'm no professional but I think this guy should be in a padded cell taking massive doses of anti psychotic meds, and loads of therapy to bring him out of this. Then he should be in a hospital for the criminally insane. Our mental health system failed him and his family, but mostly the two beautiful young people he mowed down along with their family and friends. He should have been committed somewhere long before this happened. We are so worried about our Rights (what a joke). I say involuntarily commit those with serious violent disorders that refuse to take their meds until they comply.

Sorry rant over.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

this could have been because she could see how the family was emotionally reacting. I once had to tell an inmate her mother had died and I pretty much burst into tears. the inmate said as she cried "its ok, I knew it was coming, she had cancer" but I cant stand seeing hurting ppl and get emotional myself.

That's a unfair, imo, for the reporter to write that the detective wept on the stand. She showed emotion (compassion, imo), had to pause in her speaking, and wiped tears....but she did not break down and weep. And, she then carried on in the straight-forward and clear way that she testified the entire time.

jmo

Many many male detectives broke down during the Denver movie theater triAl when it came to the youngest victim. Even one of the female defense attorneys could not hold it together at one Point.

this could have been because she could see how the family was emotionally reacting. I once had to tell an inmate her mother had died and I pretty much burst into tears. the inmate said as she cried "its ok, I knew it was coming, she had cancer" but I cant stand seeing hurting ppl and get emotional myself.

I watched the video live streaming. She was emotional and teary-eyed, but she did not "weep" on the stand.

I'm not questioning her emotions. I am questioning the reporter's depiction.

jmo

Warning: mental illness diatribe/pontification ahead! (All very relevant to this case)

That's not how it works. He could have been having a psychotic break, and now that it's over he needs to cover for himself to avoid the death penalty (very real possibility in GA), could have been hearing voices and now isn't going through that, any number of things. "Not knowing right from wrong" is the result of some types of mental illness; it is not all of them. Again, Jeffrey Dahmer knew he was doing the wrong thing, and wished he could stop, but that didn't keep him from doing it over and over again. He was certifiably seriously mentally ill *and* knew what he was doing was wrong.

This is KEY. My first cousin has schizophrenia (his sister and grandmother have bipolar) and as an adult, he has worked with his mother to treat it without meds because the meds took away any semblance of life for him. He shakes almost all the time. Not from withdrawal, because he hasn't been on meds in ages. It may be a stimming thing to calm his mind; I'm not sure. The shaking (more his head than his hands) is severe with him, Tourette's-like (my sister has Tourette's & my kids tic severely when their nutrition is off - brain imbalances run through our family like a freight train).

EXACTLY. I hope people are paying attention to this! I don't expect the state to do everything for those suffering with mental illness, but it would be helpful if they would get out of the way and allow commitments in respect-filled places that would really help and/or protect people.

Schizophrenics are exactly like anyone else when they're not experiencing a serious break. My cousin is a wonderful, caring father who is intelligent and respectful when his schizophrenia is under control. Anyone could see why his wife loves him. When it's out of control, he's scary, and ends up in jail. (That said, knowing what I now know, I would strongly discourage any of my adult children from dating a schizophrenic unless they really, really knew and accepted the burdens and risks they were accepting.)

Here's an interesting tidbit: If you give another person medical power of attorney in GA, the power to commit you involuntarily is specifically excluded. I don't know if this exists, but I think a person should be able to give a medical POA to a closely trusted loved one that *does* give the power to involuntarily commit an adult. It would be something s/he would have to agree to when in his/her right mind. Yes, there's potential for abuse, but the current system isn't working.

I live in Roswell. If the state is going to pay for something, I'd rather it have been for effective medication and/or treatment before it ever got to this point. I don't want the state to kill him when it was the state that failed him with its laws preventing effective isolation of dangerous people from the community.

Unfortunately, medication doesn't always work, or it is so strong it makes you zombie-like (my cousin's schizophrenic cousin has been in this state for over a decade. His life is gone, but he's no longer a danger to himself or others). More and more, I think a better answer is having villages where mentally ill people of similar levels of illness can live lives of dignity together with caretakers, heavy oversight, medications when effective, and as much autonomy as possible, but no dangerous weapons around. More dignified than the asylums of old, safer than our current mode of "we can't admit him until he actually hurts someone." Ultimately, I bet it could be done less expensively than constant temporary ineffective commitments, murders, investigations, trials, death penalties, and lifelong incarcerations.

Because of your incorrect thoughts about how mental illness and knowledge of right & wrong work, your statement is effectively that severely mentally ill people are evil. Where is the evidence that the evil ACTIONS he took are a result of anything other than a disease of the brain that he never asked for and never got good treatment for?

Certainly doctors in GA and elsewhere *do* over-prescribe certain addictive drugs (notably painkillers). A friend who is a pharmacist regales me with stories of the people who come in trying to get her to sell them opioids without an Rx b/c the doctor gave them with an Rx and didn't follow up to help make sure addiction didn't follow. And with all the mental illness in my family, I've never heard any of them complain that they couldn't get meds when they wanted them. The problem is much more often that they stop taking the drugs when they need them.

I am just heartbroken that once again, someone who should not have been in society at all due to a brain that can no longer work correctly was allowed to roam free by the law preventing other options, and so now more innocent young people are dead. This is a horrible tragedy, and I pray, pray, pray that we learn from it.

I agree so much with your post. Thanks so much for humanizing some things that make them hard to humanize. Effectively understanding and treating mental illnesses is the key to preventing so many crimes. Until society makes this connection, I'm afraid "treatment" will remain reactionary and Within the confines of punitive correctional facilities that are understaffed, underfunded, and lacking the resources and trained professionals to make a significant difference.

she must have been terrified, being assaulted by THAT. poor thing im so sorry and disgusted. he is sick.

Like I posted in earlier threads, when he came to the gas station, I certainly would have hit the alarm button for the police to arrive ASAP. That masks freaks me out, I will have nightmares.

jmo :moo:

How did he get on the roof of Publix?

The defense attorney asked that. The detective said he said he shimmied up a pole. The attorney asked if she thought that was feasible and she said they had some detectives thry and they could do it...

Jeffrey Hazelwood Probable Cause Hearing 08/19/16
50 minutes
[video=youtube;6Zk2cxffiRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zk2cxffiRo[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads