Found Deceased GA - Nicole Amari Hall, 8, w/ autism, missing from motel, Norcross, 21 Nov 2021 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NOV 23, 2021
Police find body of missing 8-year-old, mother’s partner to be charged with murder – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta (wsbtv.com)
[...]

Based their inconsistent statements and conflicting evidence, investigators concluded they were lying.

“At that point, our investigation transitioned from a missing person case to indeed a homicide case,” McClure said.

[...]

... Hall is being charged with concealing her daughter’s death. Police say she eventually helped investigators locate the body.

[...]

Two other children living in Brittany Hall and Owens’ home, a 6-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, have been placed in DFCS custody.

[...]

Missing Gwinnett 8-year-old found | 11alive.com
Update: The Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Family & Children Services has provided a statement, revealing that the DHS had a previous history with Nicole Amari Hall.

The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS) Division of Family & Children Services is aware of the tragic death of Nicole Amari Hall and is working closely with law enforcement to assist them in their investigation. DHS has previous history regarding this child, including unsubstantiated investigations in 2015 and 2017, and a report received in 2021 that contained no allegations of abuse or neglect. Concerning any of the mother’s other children, the Department is working closely with law enforcement to ensure their safety and well-being.

from the article above:
"Update: The Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Family & Children Services has provided a statement, revealing that the DHS had a previous history with Nicole Amari Hall."

Well just dammit. Again and again we see this. I know that DFCS can't place an employee in each home, but we see this so very often, and it breaks our hearts. Or makes us angry. Or both.
Yes, so many DFCS offices need more employees and better salaries for their investigators and managers... but we rarely see it. The budgets get cut. And money doesn't grow on trees, sadly.
A little 8-year-old human being with special circumstances. Now she is gone. Hoping her siblings will get help, love, and will not remember any part of what happened to little Amari.
Our hearts are breaking...again...

I am so shocked. Hinky circumstances aside, I had hoped I was going to come home this evening and read that Amari was finally found SAFE.

I'll never understand these kind of people. How do you punch and kick an innocent little child? It's infuriating, it's sickening, and it's evil. MOO

Henry Co. officers out on bond, man died while leaving concert | 11alive.com
... The 27-year-old mother is also facing several felony charges of child cruelty stemming from incidents in July, according to warrant documents.

Brittany is accused of physically abusing her three children and records show it was caught on video. The warrants allege she slapped one child several times on the back and face, going as far as punching and kicking a child.

Hoping the two children receive good and continuing counseling and learn what love is, so that they can become good children, good students, good teenagers, citizens, and parents. They have a chance if done soon and often -- please let it not be denied. The cracks that they can fall through are many and wide. It is possible, it is possible.

Oh Lord. I was happily away all day planning for our holiday celebration but this little girl often popped into my thoughts. I have a 7 yo autistic granddaughter that is my heart and I felt so much for little Amari.

My heart just dropped into my stomach when I saw the title change. Going to catch up on the thread now… maybe.

I am so shocked. Hinky circumstances aside, I had hoped I was going to come home this evening and read that Amari was finally found SAFE.

I'll never understand these kind of people. How do you punch and kick an innocent little child? It's infuriating, it's sickening, and it's evil. MOO

... The 27-year-old mother is also facing several felony charges of child cruelty stemming from incidents in July, according to warrant documents.

Brittany is accused of physically abusing her three children and records show it was caught on video. The warrants allege she slapped one child several times on the back and face, going as far as punching and kicking a child.
I was actually thinking the opposite. Day 1 (ish), I thought mom left her in the hotel room to go out/bar etc and came home between 12-1 and noticed she was missing and looked but for fear of getting in trouble, mom didn't report until 9am. This was before finding out about the other children/adult etc. None the less, so freaking sad!

"Felony Murder" usually means a person did not actually personally commit the murder but they were an accomplice in crime to someone who committed murder as a part of that crime. For example if you were robbing a store and your partner shot and killed someone but I suppose equally if you were abusing a child with a partner and the partner killed them.

That makes me think that Hall will be charged with murder soon and they're just determining what degree. Also that it may have been Owens who cracked thinking she might get off the hook for testifying it was Hall who actually killed Nicole. Then Hall may have taken them to the body believing that will help her.

They don't look very bright in which case that's about how such an investigation would go.

So where did this video come from of this abuse from the mother? Did the partner of the mother video this and have it on her phone? I think these two loving creatures are throwing each other under the bus, disgusting both of them. IMO.

Amari Hall | Timeline on her death and disappearance | 11alive.com

So where did this video come from of this abuse from the mother? Did the partner of the mother video this and have it on her phone? I think these two loving creatures are throwing each other under the bus, disgusting both of them. IMO.

Amari Hall | Timeline on her death and disappearance | 11alive.com

bbm
Agreed. "I didn't do it -- she did it." SMH.

The sweet little girl who apparently never had a chance, is gone. How many families would have liked to adopt and love her? SMH.

State of Georgia re Homicide -- This ought to clear it up easily -- yeah, boy. Sure thing :eek::confused:
--------------------------------------
2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
ARTICLE 1 - HOMICIDE
§ 16-5-1 - Murder; felony murder

O.C.G.A. 16-5-1 (2010)
16-5-1. Murder; felony murder

(a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.

(b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

(d) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
-------------------------------

Source:
2010 Georgia Code :: TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES :: CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON :: ARTICLE 1 - HOMICIDE :: § 16-5-1 - Murder; felony murder

Ughhh like how in the heck wasn’t she investigated before , so many evil parents my heart still breaks for Noah macintosh . For gods sake they need to quit hurting and killing children and just give them up moo

NOV 24, 2021
Warrants: 8-year-old Amari Hall was beaten, placed in trash bags | 11alive.com
[...]

Gwinnett County Police said Nicole Amari Hall was found dead Tuesday around 10:45 a.m. Her mother, Brittany Hall, has been charged with concealing her death while her partner, Celeste Owens, is charged with felony murder.

Warrants for Owens allege that Amari was hit in the head several times on Friday, Nov. 19 and that Owens did "conceal the death of Amari Hall by placing her in trash bags and dumping her body."

[...]

The warrant claimed that back in July, Owens "walked over to one child and open hand slapped the victim in the front of her face causing her head to whip back quickly." She's also accused of "walking over to a boy ... tightening a cloth around the victim's eyes then slapping the victim and kicking him on the ground."

In August the warrants describe Owens as "stomping on another child's back with her foot and then kicking (her) in the back moving her across the room."

Warrants also describe incidents where Hall allegedly kicked and punched her children and in one instance "the victim was laying on the floor and the defendant and mother of the victim stood over her and used a belt or cord and whipped the victim on her legs." Another warrant claims Hall "walked over to the victim and slapped the victim 11 times on the back, the incident was video recorded."

[...]

Amari Hall death | Gwinnett mom had history with DFCS for abuse | 11alive.com
In 2019, 11Alive investigators found that in less than six years, 800-plus DFCS employees assigned to keep children safe were disciplined for negligence, lying or falsifying records, and other violations.

The Reveal investigators uncovered records showing more than 40 percent of caseworkers who had disciplinary issues in the last four years at the DFCS, were either negligent or inefficient in performing their assigned duties.

Georgia Criminal Codes - Murder
-----------------------------------------------
2017 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person
Article 1 - Homicide
§ 16-5-1. Murder; malice murder; felony murder; murder in the second degree

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-1 (2017)

• (a) A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.
  • (b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.
  • (c) A person commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.
  • (d) A person commits the offense of murder in the second degree when, in the commission of cruelty to children in the second degree, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.
  • (e)
    • (1) A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
    • (2) A person convicted of the offense of murder in the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than ten nor more than 30 years.
---------------------------------------
Source:
2017 Georgia Code :: Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses :: Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person :: Article 1 - Homicide :: § 16-5-1. Murder; malice murder; felony murder; murder in the second degree

NOV 24, 2021
Warrants: 8-year-old Amari Hall was beaten, placed in trash bags | 11alive.com
[...]

Gwinnett County Police said Nicole Amari Hall was found dead Tuesday around 10:45 a.m. Her mother, Brittany Hall, has been charged with concealing her death while her partner, Celeste Owens, is charged with felony murder.

Warrants for Owens allege that Amari was hit in the head several times on Friday, Nov. 19 and that Owens did "conceal the death of Amari Hall by placing her in trash bags and dumping her body."

[...]

The warrant claimed that back in July, Owens "walked over to one child and open hand slapped the victim in the front of her face causing her head to whip back quickly." She's also accused of "walking over to a boy ... tightening a cloth around the victim's eyes then slapping the victim and kicking him on the ground."

In August the warrants describe Owens as "stomping on another child's back with her foot and then kicking (her) in the back moving her across the room."

Warrants also describe incidents where Hall allegedly kicked and punched her children and in one instance "the victim was laying on the floor and the defendant and mother of the victim stood over her and used a belt or cord and whipped the victim on her legs." Another warrant claims Hall "walked over to the victim and slapped the victim 11 times on the back, the incident was video recorded."

[...]

Amari Hall death | Gwinnett mom had history with DFCS for abuse | 11alive.com
In 2019, 11Alive investigators found that in less than six years, 800-plus DFCS employees assigned to keep children safe were disciplined for negligence, lying or falsifying records, and other violations.

The Reveal investigators uncovered records showing more than 40 percent of caseworkers who had disciplinary issues in the last four years at the DFCS, were either negligent or inefficient in performing their assigned duties.

How much more abuse does it take for children to be removed from the home of the abuser(s)? And how many times do we ask these same questions?
This will never end, I know that, but I can hope.
And I vow to report abuse if I ever see it.

How much more abuse does it take for children to be removed from the home of the abuser(s)? And how many times do we ask these same questions?
This will never end, I know that, but I can hope.
And I vow to report abuse if I ever see it.
I second your vow, without a doubt! I'm so tired of this. One precious little child after another. It has to STOP. :mad::(:mad: MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr
Back