Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they had apsolutely no schedules even as infants they stayed up all night if they wanted. Anyone heard of free range? This was back in the 80s. Did they all eventually pay for it? YUP! big time, when school started.
Point is, if mom kept them up till God knows when, they easily would sleep late.
I could totally see that. Makes you wonder about the regular 6am pickup by the babysitter. I would gather they were somewhat accustomed to that but maybe they carried three sleeping babes over‍...

Eta: typo

Last edited:
FWIW in Lonzie B's case Ruben and Lonna actually strapped him - deceased - into his car seat next to his sister and drove to Lonna's work at the strip joint where she "kissed him and told him she loved him" then Ruben drove off to a neighborhood a couple miles away and dumped his little body under a stack of tires.

Moral of the story is don't underestimate what a murdering parent will do in order to get rid of a body even when it's their own flesh and blood. We might not have the stomach for such things but time and time again we've seen parents go to horrific lengths to protect themselves.

Also I can't imagine trying to dispose of a body with a 3yo and newborn in tow. I guess that would make me think the residence garbage can and regular trash pickup was the site of disposal and LE brought the landfill to them to sift this weekend.
RSBM
I can't imagine a mother who was out disposing the body of her dead 2 year old, (whether she was complicit or not in his death ) would give a damn about her other two being watched. IMO

Last edited:
FWIW in Lonzie B's case Ruben and Lonna actually strapped him - deceased - into his car seat next to his sister and drove to Lonna's work at the strip joint where she "kissed him and told him she loved him" then Ruben drove off to a neighborhood a couple miles away and dumped his little body under a stack of tires.

Moral of the story is don't underestimate what a murdering parent will do in order to get rid of a body even when it's their own flesh and blood. We might not have the stomach for such things but time and time again we've seen parents go to horrific lengths to protect themselves.
Such a painful story, the Barton case - but illustrative perhaps in one way, which is that Ruben led LE to the body eventually. I truly believe LE is with her, her whereabouts are totally known by Savannah PD and county and FBI (if not by their spokesman at the exact moment he was asked in the press conference … he hedged, he knew from media training that their next question would be “where is she?“ and what was he going to say, “I’m not going to tell you?” - I say this as someone who has done a lot of media training). They know where she is, she’s not Jason Bourne here. They are hoping against hope that she’ll break and take them to the body, which they haven’t yet found in landfill or anywhere else. This is an entirely different case with the body. I vote, keep her out for now and closely supervised, for the chance she leads LE to evidence. As soon as she’s taken in she will have to go into protective custody by Georgia Corrections - she’s a named suspect child killer - and that’s both expensive and completely hopeless in terms of finding what would finish this case. Let’s keep hope alive.

I am wondering if the babysitter usually or often came to their house instead?

MOO.

I have the impression that the children were taken to the babysitter. That she cared for them at her place.

She then said that Quinton’s family was often unprepared when handing off the kids: “They would drop them off with no diapers, they would drop them off with no pull-ups.”

“I’ve been keeping Quinton and [EBM: his brother] for six months. I kept them yesterday, and they went home last night [October 4],” McCarta told WSAV.

“I got a text this morning [October 5] saying they would not be here, would not be babysitting them at 5:29 [am], which was kind of odd because I have them even when she doesn’t work.”

Last edited:
I can't imagine a mother who was out disposing the body of her dead 2 year old, (whether she was complicit or not in his death ) would give a damn about her other two being watched. IMO
Fair. I wasn't thinking so much that she would care but that it would be a hassle, unless they were sleeping which I guess I could see. Someone suggested she might have left them at home though would neighbors hear them crying? Idk.

Eta: sorry I think I read your reply too quickly. Maybe you're in the camp that she left them at home too.

If we accept boyfriend DY's account of seeing Quinton at 6am then that gave her from 6am-942am. I personally don't know if I believe DY or if DY knew what he saw but LE did say there were no other POIs.
<modsnip>
When was the last time a third party laid eyes on the child?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Simon called police on Sept. 7 following an argument with her mother over laundry in which she said Howell had shoved her against a wall, according to a police report. No one was charged and an officer found no injuries other than Simon’s reddened elbow.

The following day, Quinton’s grandmother filed papers in Chatham County Magistrate Court to have Simon and her boyfriend evicted from her home, WTOC-TV reported.

“Just want them to move out as quick as possible. ... They have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace,” the Sept. 8 court document read.

A few weeks later, on Sept. 28, a Superior Court judge ordered Leilani Simon to pay $150 per month in child support."

"Simon called police on Sept. 7 following an argument with her mother over laundry in which she said Howell had shoved her against a wall, according to a police report. No one was charged and an officer found no injuries other than Simon’s reddened elbow.

The following day, Quinton’s grandmother filed papers in Chatham County Magistrate Court to have Simon and her boyfriend evicted from her home, WTOC-TV reported.

“Just want them to move out as quick as possible. ... They have damaged my property and at this point no one is living in peace,” the Sept. 8 court document read.

A few weeks later, on Sept. 28, a Superior Court judge ordered Leilani Simon to pay $150 per month in child support."

Does Leilani have a job? Does she receive child support from any if these fathers? Where was this child support from HER supposedly coming from? She seems like she is totally dependent financially on others.

Do the children regularly go to the babysitter at such an early hour because that is when the Grandmother usually leaves for work?

Was Leilani’s ste-father and adult brother in the house the night before the disappearance of little Q?

If so, it seems that Grandma set up a routine where Leilani and boyfriend might never actually be alone with the children. They go to the babysitter and at night there are 4 adults in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1