Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 12

The mother of missing Georgia toddler Quinton Simon, who was last seen one week ago, was photographed leaving her family’s home Wednesday for the first time since the boy disappeared.

Leilani Simon, 22, was spotted leaving her family’s Savannah house on Wednesday afternoon before returning shortly thereafter. Photographs captured by Fox News Digital show the brunette covering her face with her hand as she drives away from the residence in a white pickup truck.

1-1.jpg

19.jpg

OCT 12

The mother of missing Georgia toddler Quinton Simon, who was last seen one week ago, was photographed leaving her family’s home Wednesday for the first time since the boy disappeared.

Leilani Simon, 22, was spotted leaving her family’s Savannah house on Wednesday afternoon before returning shortly thereafter. Photographs captured by Fox News Digital show the brunette covering her face with her hand as she drives away from the residence in a white pickup truck.

1-1.jpg

19.jpg

Wearing a wedding ring?

Wearing a wedding ring?
That's what I was wondering especially because one article I just read that is posted right up above showed photos of baby Q and mom and another photo had both boys and mom and guy and they called the guy Quinton's STEP father.

When I read that, I thought it was just another typo error seen so much lately in the news but then saw the wedding ring so now, IDK.

It's the same article that mentions grandma's past records/arrests

The real question, is that if Grandma had custody of the kids, she was supposed to be the primary caregiver...and it sounds like she just let her daughter, the bio mom, take over caregiving. Which, she had already been assessed by CPS as being incapable of providing care for her children.

Grandma is going to have some problems here. INMO.

Yeah. Whatever. Has any Mom on this thread slept in until 9 am, when you have a toddler and a baby?! I saw a picture of myself, about 30 years ago, I had dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. I never went back to bed until 9 or 10 or whenever.

From what I have seen, these charges are BJH. She, like her daughter has children from 3 different men before her marriage to TH. Whatever is happening, there have been cultural patterns of the family long before LS. today... but imho, there have been lessons as well as patterns...

I am kindof relieved that msm has finally shown some of the history.... just so we can, at least consider, some of the ramifications of history and repeating history.
What value is old charges from years ago, as to pertaining to Q's missing? Forgive me, I just don't see the link.

From the paper work it appears as if one father is listed, and Georgia requires a father to declare legitimation if the parents aren't married at the time of birth. It can be messy and frustrating in today's world. Anyway, my guess is that the bio father has not legitimated himself through the court.

Edit: .... At least at the time when the child support paper was filed. They might be in the process of doing so, since child support court is involved.
I agree. In the state of GA, if the parents are not married at the time of the baby's birth, the biological father can establish legitimacy before the baby ever leaves the hospital. It does not cost anything to do so at this time. The hospital files the paperwork along with the birth certificate which will list the father. If the father does not do so at this time then it will require legal handling later to establish. Legal handling equals money. I had a nephew who would not legitimize his daughter because it would cost him about $1500.00 to do so through court.

What value is old charges from years ago, as to pertaining to Q's missing? Forgive me, I just don't see the link.
Old charges from years ago nay have impacted LS greatly, as a youngster in her formative years. As children, our first role models are our parents. I am not making any excuses or defending any bad behavior on her part, however. JMO

Last edited:
I'm not sure if CPS closed this case or temporary custody has been given to the grandma. Does anyone know? If the case has not been closed, it's not unusual for the bio mom/dad to have overnight visitation approved by the case worker. As a GAL, I argue often against it if I feel it won't be a good idea (drugs still in the picture, etc). But they were all living under the same roof from what I understand, and if unsupervised overnight visitation were to occur in an ongoing case, then the case worker/GAL's would need to give permission. ETA: But they don't always tell the caseworkers.

If the grandmother has temporary custody, wouldn't you think social services would be doing home visits and see that the mother and boyfriend and brother and other children were living there as well?

I have to say that this is one case where I actually don't suspect the "boyfriend/fiancé". I can't put my finger on it, but my suspicions don't look in his direction. I hope there is resolution soon.

Reports say that the boyfriend last saw Quinton when he left for work at 6 a.m. The babysitter says she received a message from the mother saying that the sitter wouldn't be taking care of Quinton that day, and this was before 6 a.m. So I can't help but wonder about the sighting of Quinton at 6 a.m.

Doing well, thanks for asking.

She's perhaps a bit histrionic, but that's not a motive for child murder.

JM
I agree, but I wasn't referring to murder. I was referring to kidnapping Q to keep him safe (in her mind). Consider she was perplexed or alarmed when she received the text that she wouldn't need to baby sit that day. She was worried about the bruises on Q and possibly thought she needed to remove him from the home. She knew gma was away, she might have worried he would be playing in the ditch again. Since she lived within eye distance of Q's house, is it possible she waited until the boyfriend left, then (if they didn't lock the door), went in and took Q for safety. I hope Q is safe, and found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay