Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what MomLS lists on her FB profile as a place of employment, though it has not been verified if this info is up-to-date; she may not be a current employee there.

There are a bunch of gas stations at Hwy 204 and I-95 -- I see Exxon, Sunoco, Marathon, Shell, QuickStop, and BP -- all with visible dumpsters (see links to Google Street views). Obviously the reporter must have had some reason for asking about that specific location. It's 9.4 miles from the residence, though -- a good 16 minute drive -- and there are many other gas stations much closer and in less-busy areas, so it's certainly not the first place I'd look.
In a lot of these cases, reporters receive tips from employees of businesses that have been the subject of police activity. These typically either come from social media posts, or from people who contact them directly.

This explains why there was no search conducted over the weekend; they're doing this methodically, which took some preparation.

I definitely don’t know a lot about searching, especially a scenario like this. To me (MOO) it seems like the perfect opportunity to use cadaver dogs. Anyone know why they wouldn’t? I was reading up on them yesterday and sounds like they’re very, very specifically trained to only look for human remains, not animals or other scents. TIA

I definitely don’t know a lot about searching, especially a scenario like this. To me (MOO) it seems like the perfect opportunity to use cadaver dogs. Anyone know why they wouldn’t? I was reading up on them yesterday and sounds like they’re very, very specifically trained to only look for human remains, not animals or other scents. TIA
I think it's possible they are running cadaver dogs first, and then they're covering their bases by going through the trash anyway. Dogs are really good, but they're not perfect.

That's what MomLS lists on her FB profile as a place of employment, though it has not been verified if this info is up-to-date; she may not be a current employee there.
She wouldn't necessarily have to be a current employee. Keys get lost, stolen, duplicated from businesses all the time. She might have a key she never returned. I'm not saying it's the likely scenario, those mobile home bins look far more open and easy to dump something into, but it's a possibility. The problem I can see with the mobile home bins is that they ARE easy. I bet people down on their luck or looking for something to sell go through them multiple times a day. A locked bin that she knows the routine for, that employees and random people can't go digging through makes sense, if she was fearful of discovery, which, you would be. It's not that it's smarter; it absolutely isn't, since it's a place definitively connected to her. But I can understand why someone might go out of their way to use that one, if it was available to them.

MOO.

I was looking around their neighborhood for possible dumpster locations. As was said, a lot, even around here, most commercial dumpsters have locks, but there is a mobile home park just 5 minutes away from the home on Buckhalter, and doing a street walk through the area, they have five dumpsters, side by side, for residents of the park. It is off the main roads, and looks like a relatively secluded area. It is called Azalea Mobile Home Park, at 4711 Ogeechee Rd. I have no idea if LS was familiar with this trailer park, but those dumpsters just scream out to me. JMO

ETA...may also be a good location to get drugs.

View attachment 373982
Screenshot courtesy of Google Maps.
Sometimes places like this have cameras somewhere too. That is how my friend got caught using a local apartment's bin. Borrowed my truck, LE showed up at my house after they read my license plate. Friend had no idea the cameras were nearby. Had to pay a fine. Plus babysitter lives on the corner of LS's block and if you go back and look at the video where Grandma blows up on the Baby sitter. You can see a camera in the window pointing outwards. She said she shared everything she had with LE. They might have Mom on different cameras multiple times, or at least the car she was in/driving. Maybe they only have the car leaving the block and then again before these dumpsters. Totally all just my guessing at what could have happened.

I think it's possible they are running cadaver dogs first, and then they're covering their bases by going through the trash anyway. Dogs are really good, but they're not perfect.
I certainly hope, and am cautiously optimitic that they will find little Quinton. Thankfully, they were able to determine he was likely in the landfill relatively quickly, which should make their search at least somewhat less difficult. Every time I hear of a landfill search, I am reminded of poor Heidi Planck, whose disappearance just had it's one year anniversary yesterday. LE were about a month and a half into her disappearance before they started searching the Castalia landfill for her remains, and basically an army of searchers looked for several weeks, and found nothing at all of her.

My heart is with the searchers. One of the very few things I can think of more sickening than having to manually search a landfill, is having to do it in search of a little child. JMO

A couple of interesting things from this article

"She also revealed that she received a text message telling her she didn't need to look after him on the day that he vanished, 30 minutes before he was 'last seen' by his stepfather."

So even the Daily Mail is doubting Q's last confirmed sighting at 6am.

"She had been ordered by the state to start paying child support just one week before his disappearance, and was due to be charged $150 a month starting November 1. The amount would be lowered to $100 if one of her two sons died."

JMO

Sometimes places like this have cameras somewhere too. That is how my friend got caught using a local apartment's bin. Borrowed my truck, LE showed up at my house after they read my license plate. Friend had no idea the cameras were nearby. Had to pay a fine. Plus babysitter lives on the corner of LS's block and if you go back and look at the video where Grandma blows up on the Baby sitter. You can see a camera in the window pointing outwards. She said she shared everything she had with LE. They might have Mom on different cameras multiple times, or at least the car she was in/driving. Maybe they only have the car leaving the block and then again before these dumpsters. Totally all just my guessing at what could have happened.
I was going to post something similar. Everyone knows where the "free" dumpsters are in a small town, I can understand why they have cameras now because the actual residents end up paying for more garbage service thru rent increases. Like you say, I hope they had a bunch of camera angles to nail her positively. I would love for the BS to have useful camera footage, poetic justice given the unfair attacks on her.

from the Chatham PD FB page 20 minutes ago, the search efforts

The Chatham County Police Department entered a new phase in the Quinton Simon case today as they began a search of the Waste Management landfill.
The Chatham County Police Department – with the assistance of the FBI – made the decision to search the landfill after evidence in the case led them to the conclusion that they could find Quinton’s remains at that location. Both agencies spent the last several days mobilizing the manpower and equipment needed for the search, which began this morning.
This operation will include a team of searchers daily from the Chatham County Police Department and FBI, along with dozens of support personnel. The FBI’s Evidence Response Team is leading the landfill search, which will be a precise and extensive recovery mission for Quinton’s remains and other potential evidence.
Quinton was 20-months old when he was reported missing on October 5, 2022, from his home.
Last week, Chatham County Police announced that they believe Quinton is deceased and named his mother, Leilani Simon, as the primary suspect in his disappearance and death.
Photo Credit: FBI
311883405_476228454538242_5899195673244208112_n.jpg

A couple of interesting things from this article

"She also revealed that she received a text message telling her she didn't need to look after him on the day that he vanished, 30 minutes before he was 'last seen' by his stepfather."

So even the Daily Mail is doubting Q's last confirmed sighting at 6am.

"She had been ordered by the state to start paying child support just one week before his disappearance, and was due to be charged $150 a month starting November 1. The amount would be lowered to $100 if one of her two sons died."

JMO
Is this standard wording that child support "would be lowered if one of the two sons died"? I can't believe that it is. JMO

It has to be so hard for the searchers, even though they are trained for this, I just cannot imagine.
You... can't really train for this. Especially when it's a child. I know that it's part of the jobs these searchers do, but it's going to be incredibly hard on them, whether they find him or not, and I just hope there is robust, judgement-free, emotional and psychological support for every one of them. No one wants to find a body, a baby's body, but they all know that leaving him there, in the garbage, will be so much harder to accept. So, they're going to do what we can't, and I am grateful that they are. Nobody deserves a resting place like that. No, not even murderers. Because how we treat a) the vulnerable and b) our dead says a lot about us as people. It's why we're all here, isn't it? From all across they world. I've literally stayed up all night for this. It's almost 6am in Australia. It's all I can do - will them (from my couch, on the other side of the world) to be thorough, to be stalwart, but most of all, to be gentle and respectful while they work on bringing this baby home.

Is this standard wording that child support "would be lowered if one of the two sons died"? I can't believe that it is. JMO

I read CS orders all the time for work and I have never seen that wording. However, a layperson would assume that the CS would be cut in half if one of the kids was not in the picture anymore, not just by $50. I wonder where they got that info.

If you are LS now, how do you even live with yourself, knowing that an army of LE are in the landfill that they know your little child is in, and knowing that they know that it was your actions that put him there, and knowing that, at any minute, maybe tomorrow, maybe a week from tomorrow, that knock is going to come at your door, telling you that he has been found, and knowing you have just drawn the last breath you will ever take as a free person, and that you will have the rest of your life to think about what you did to your own innocent child, the child you gave life to, and the child you took life from. May you rot in prison. JMO

I heard that to the chief said he couldn’t answer that . I wonder if there’s somewhat of a video from there jmoo
Yes he did say he couldn't answer, but reporters often get a 'tip' that police were searching the dumpsters, ponds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801