Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
20-month-old Quinton Simon has been missing from his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter since 6 a.m. this morning. Reported missing at 9 a.m. Wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants. Call 9-1-1 with info. More details will be released as we get them.

5927154D-F682-4120-8C18-BF3478661CA4.jpeg

UPDATE: 10/5/22 3:33 pm
“This is a fluid situation. All things are still possible. We don’t have one concrete theory…all things are possible.” Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley.

Chief just met with the media. Here is the latest information:
CCPD dispatched at 9:42 am this morning to Quinton Simons’ residence, where his mother reported him missing.
An Amber Alert was not issued because there is nothing to indicate at this time that the child was abducted—and, evidence of an abduction is necessary for an Amber Alert.

This does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating with investigators.
We have responded to two calls for service at this home in the last two years. Neither were for a report of a missing child.

The search remains very active with K-9 units from the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, mounted patrol units from The Savannah Police Department, dozens of police officers from numerous agencies—including the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office—currently conducting grid searches of the area. We’ve used our drone and Chatham County’s helicopter for air searches. CEMA is assisting with coordination and operational needs.

We are focused on finding Quinton.

UPDATE : 10/5/22 2:48 pm

Buckhalter Road has re-opened to traffic.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 2:04 pm

We’re shutting down Garrard Avenue between Chatham Parkway and Louis B Mills as we continue our search for Quinton Simon. Buckhalter Rd is closed between the overpass and Garrard.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 12:34 pm

We are continuing to actively search the area for Quinton. We are on foot, using a drone, and have the assistance of the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit. We’ll continue to keep you posted.

There is now a dedicated Timeline/Media/Maps thread NO DISCUSSION for Quinton here:
GA - GA - Quinton Simon, 1, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022 TIMELINE/MEDIA/MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Also ot but who’s mod over here?
MOD NOTE

There is no assigned Moderator to specific cases or threads. There are only a few us who volunteer to support the site which has thousands of threads, so there is no way can even read each and every thread.

Any questions or concerns should be sent to the team by using the “Report” hyperlink at the bottom of any post. This is the most efficient way to reach a Moderator, as the next one to log in will receive an alert and can review any questions or concerns at that time.

Hope this helps,
Tiff

MOD NOTE:

Several comments have been removed for not being victim-friendly. It is okay to discuss a video released by MSM, but Websleuths’s rules still apply. As of this moment, no suspects or persons of interest have been named in this case. This includes Quinton’s grandmother and babysitter. Therefore, do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Also, do not reference interviews or video statements given by his babysitter (or anyone else for that matter) unless it is approved by a Mod/Admin or released by LE or MSM. If you can’t provide a link to an approved source, you can not discuss it.

If you have questions, read through the RULES, message a Mod or Admin directly or use the report feature.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

ADMIN REMINDER:

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, case players, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

If you submit a tip to law enforcement, do NOT announce it or discuss it in any way on the threads. Doing so has the potential to undermine an investigation.

Thank you for educating me on septic tanks. We only have the type I described in my area. The county has very strict rules that must be followed to a T when installing one. When we had ours pumped, the access area had to be dug up by the septic company.

if this family has a tank like others have described, I hope it has/will be searched.

i just had to reply over here. yes it has been reported, however it is doubtful that the media knows all the legalese of these cases. you may be totally right. but we really dont know. my friends mother had her sisters kids, and she was def fostering them. she continued on in court and gained guardianship later on. this was in cali. but i am just saying, i stand by that we really dont know.

Bringing this post # 966 , and my now-added reply; over from the first thread :

This recent video of Leilani driving off and covering her face is concerning, imo.
While I understand not wanting to speak to the press, if my child was missing -- I'd be front and center with LE via press conferences, begging and crying for his safe return or tips from the public.
LE would get tired of me pestering them !
I'd also grab any chance I could get for a reporter to bring awareness to anyone who could help look for my child.
Besides searching constantly and asking LE if they found any security footage from neighboring homes showing the comings and goings of people in the neighborhood.
In the 911 call the mother claimed someone walked in an open door and took him.
The best resources would be surveillance footage.

A lot of activity re. LE and other investigative organizations , seems to be focused near the home ?

I wish I knew what they know.

Js.

M00.

Last edited:
Bringing this over from @Addicted2Crime on the last thread, but I couldn't get the quote to work:
*************************************************************************************************
agree with a previous poster that said her asking about fixing the pool is likely her trying to grip on to anything that resembles normalcy. I wonder if the pool looked the way it did because they never repaired the liner problems. You cant leave a liner pool empty like that for long without causing more damage, plus you need it drained in most cases to fix liner problems so with it being empty and her wanting to avoid further problems she knew it had to be done. When my husband passed away, I was shellshocked and traumatized but I had young kids and still needed to do a lot of normal things as hard as it was - I am not comparing situations but its kind of crazy what you do when going through trauma that might look weird to outsiders.
*************************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry you lost your husband while you still had young children.

IMO your comment, which is SBM, actually shows the opposite of how the grandmother reacted.

You HAD to do normal things, but you did that because your children were alive and needed you. You clearly put them first, ahead of your own trauma, and forced yourself to carry on and help them through their own loss of a father. That is a heroic and truly maternal choice.

In this case, Quinton is still missing and I cannot fathom how he cannot be her only and every thought, along with the impact on her other grandchildren, and whatever trouble several family members are possibly going to find themselves in shortly.

In that context, I personally, MOO, cannot grasp how the liner of the pool and the restoration of the pool could even register in her mind.

If she needs the pool fixed for her other grandchildren, now is certainly not the time for this to be a priority.

Jmo

I hope the other children are in the state's custody right now, because it is hard to know who, if anyone, is really looking after them.

There is a babysitter who takes care of two of the children and appears to care deeply about Quinton, and a grandmother who appears to have legal custody of Quinton, and the biological mother who was ordered to pay child support to the grandmother just before Quinton disappeared.

I hope the other children are safe in the state's care until they can determine what is the best place for these children.

I hope the other children are in the state's custody right now, because it is hard to know who, if anyone, is really looking after them.

There is a babysitter who takes care of two of the children and appears to care deeply about Quinton, and a grandmother who appears to have legal custody of Quinton, and the biological mother who was ordered to pay child support to the grandmother just before Quinton disappeared.

I hope the other children are safe in the state's care until they can determine what is the best place for these children.
As a volunteer GAL for another state, since there are no arrests, or any indication yet as to who is responsible, they can't just remove a child from someone's legal custody. I imagine that a case will get opened really soon, and the children will be removed.

I wonder what kind of visitation arrangements the mother has. There was a woman here in the Cincinnati area a few years back, she had custody of her great-niece, about a year old, and the mother wasn't supposed to have unsupervised contact. The mother became homeless, and the great-aunt (mother's aunt) let her stay with her and the baby. The mother ended up killing the baby, and I believe the great-aunt got into some sort of trouble for allowing her to live there with the baby.

i just had to reply over here. yes it has been reported, however it is doubtful that the media knows all the legalese of these cases. you may be totally right. but we really dont know. my friends mother had her sisters kids, and she was def fostering them. she continued on in court and gained guardianship later on. this was in cali. but i am just saying, i stand by that we really dont know.

This has been my thought since the beginning. We (or I at least) do not know how or why Gma retained custody. It could have been court ordered, it could have been voluntary by the mother.

It appears to me Gma stepped up and took care of her grandbabies, loved them and provided for them. At the same time Gma was trying to help her daughter with a new baby.

So sad people are going through this ordeal when little Quinton's location is unknown. It is mental torture.

Sending blessings to Quinton and those that loved him.

A couple of comments:

We have a septic tank that needed to be examined in June. It is still obvious that the ground has been disturbed in that area. I previously had the type with a lid...I find it hard to imagine LE would ignore this for an entire week if such a type existed on their property.

In Georgia we have Kinship foster care - the caregiver/relative receives $155/month for 1 child and $235 for two. If anyone really wants to delve into the benefits, this is the link: GeorgiaLegalAid.org | Free, easy to understand legal information and resources

IMHO - The fact that all activity is centered in the house/around the house indicates LE believes something happened there. They have disproven the idea that someone walked in and took Q. It's raining heavily in Georgia right now...so very, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay