Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can she be named a prime suspect, but no charges and no arrest? WTF! I mean I understand she has rights, where were Quintons!?! Why break the news that they believe he is deceased and she did it but hey, give it a minute. I'm sickened by trash like this!

No one in that house deserves to keep the other children either, imoo!

moo. moo. This is nothing more than conjecture. I am trying to "assume" the baby girl is in a safer place.

My GUESS is DY's mother may be waiting to have responsibility for the baby girl, and have thought that PERHAPS she already is taking care of her. It just makes sense to have that baby child OUT of the house that is so hectic and busy.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been lurking on Quinton’s story and am so heartbroken by this update. And like many, also sadly not surprised.

As the mother of a 20-month old, Quinton’s reality has sat like a heavy brick on my chest all week.

<modsnip> Social media is already eating LS alive and that will only intensify now. But LS exists in a broader context of her family history and our society and it is a truth I think that will be overlooked because it’s easier to locate all of the evil and culpability in LS. She likely did murder Quinton and she may be punished for it, certainly in the court of public opinion. And she should be held accountable if she did. But I also can’t help but feel that LS has her own trauma from a family, system, and society that likely has not done right by her either (regarding the family I’m not talking necessarily about a lack of love, <modsnip>

Her history of having three children in 4.5 years, by age 22, with three different partners paints such a picture of instability and overwhelm (perhaps contributing to why BJH got custody). And at age 22 our brains are not fully developed. And with a new infant, she was probably not getting enough sleep. I am also thinking of her formative years when <modsnip> All of this, and probably more, are also going to predispose her to postpartum mental health disorders. Screening for such postpartum mental health issues is also a sad state in this country.

I believe she never should have been left with those children alone as the custodial issues highly suggest there was reason to be concerned. Nighttime, in particular, is such a hard time with infants and young children and also an isolating time, especially if partners are not helping.

Regarding Quinton and what happened that night:

I think there is a slim possibility this was premeditated and LS was fully aware of what she was doing and in this case any defense of insanity or postpartum psychosis would be an attempt to cover this up.

However, I think it is much much more likely that this was not at all premeditated and that LS was either:

- overcome and became dysregulated to the point of doing something that killed Quinton unintentionally and then deliberately covered it up out of fear of being caught and impulsivity

or

- the above (overcome and became dysregulated to the point of doing something that killed Quinton unintentionally) <modsnip> which could alter her actions and/or memory of the event. If this is the case, she may remember things just before or starting with finding him gone and calling 911.

<modsnip>

My thoughts above are my opinion only. They may be an unpopular one. For whatever it’s worth, they are informed by my professional work as a psychologist specializing in treating trauma, dissociation and perinatal and postpartum disorders. And as a mother – always first this. I can’t imagine ever harming the souls I love most in this world. But I also can imagine someone carrying too much pain, without enough resources, with too much on their plate being overcome and a tragic outcome ensuing. And sadly, for Quinton, everyone who loved him, and even LS as I imagine she did love him too – I think this is what happened.

Rest in peace Quinton, your light was short, but it shone brightly with your beautiful joyous smile.

I do hope your comments can remain part of this entire case conversation.
Your verification is so valuable. Your pain of recognition is so clear.

My care and thoughts to you, as you continue to analyze and absorb this case.

The complex family dynamics surrounding all people involved in the case, have influenced the ultimate actions of this almost-child, LS.

<modsnip>

The thread title change to "Deceased/Not Found" is to my mind the most heartbreaking of all possible thread titles.

Particularly when the subject is a toddler. And the suspect is his own mother.
I’m just catching up since being away from the thread for the last 12 hours and I totally agree @Arkay It was the first thing I saw before I even opened the thread.
Praying now justice will be swift and harsh.

<modsnip - non POIs are off topic unless/until LE says they are not>

moo

LS's emotional state in the weeks before DOES seem to be fragile. We've all seen her number of FB pages. <modsnip> But nope, LS still active.

WonderIng if one major factor for BJH to leave the kids with the people in the house for 3 weeks was that she trusted the boyfriend to watch the kids more than LS.
Hopefully the courts will have something to say about leaving these very young children (Q & Z) under the potential supervision of anyone without legal custodial rights. And especially about leaving them in a home with a parent whose custody has been revoked.

Why would the boyfriend of LS be expected to assume legal responsibility for two toddlers that are not his? Sorry to be critical, but that is not a default plan that makes any sense.

My understanding is the husband of BJH is also a legally assigned custodial parent to Q & Z. If so, in her absence he was the one responsible to properly care for them.

Open to correction if my facts are wrong.

I must have missed a post saying placement of the baby girl is with her paternal grandmother. Hopefully such a placement is a well-vetted & safe option for such a vulnerable young child.
Wings... I changed my original post... I guess I was too confusing. But I think it is important to hope that the baby girl is in a safer place.
MY GUESS... is with the paternal mother.

<modsnip>

moo

LS's emotional state in the weeks before DOES seem to be fragile. We've all seen her number of FB pages. <modsnip> But nope, LS still active.
Sorry but sympathy for LS is not high on my priority list. Whether willful or by negligence a murder appears to have occurred.

If LS is charged in Quinton's completely preventable DEATH, I will have nothing but contempt for her actions. There are lines when crossed that cannot be uncrossed regardless of what the accused has suffered.

My opinion only.

Sorry but sympathy for LS is not high on my priority list. Whether willful or by negligence a murder appears to have occurred.

If LS is charged in Quinton's completely preventable DEATH, I will have nothing but contempt for her actions. There are lines when crossed that cannot be uncrossed regardless of what the accused has suffered.

My opinion only.

Nor do I..... I just "sense" she was having difficulties with the relationship with DY. AND remember, the babysitter stated, in one of her "interviews" that LS liked QS the LEAST.

That really scared me. We've seen that one play out before.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I've thought GM leaving the child for three weeks under the long-standing circumstances in that house would be like me walking out my front door and leaving a two-year old in the house alone. You just can't do that when you're the person responsible for a baby. Poor Quinton really had his fate sealed the day she walked out the door saying "I have to work."

Naming the mother as a suspect at 11PM, but not taking her into custody suggests two possibilities to me:
1) she has taken off and they don’t know where she is, or
2) she is in a controlled facility such as a hospital. It is common in many places for LE not to arrest patients until discharge. In most cases, they will ask the hospital to notify them prior to discharge so the suspect can be arrested leaving the hospital. If an inpatient is arrested while in the hospital, there would need to be an officer (usually 2) with the patient/prisoner 24/7. That gets expensive, and the officers usually hate sitting around doing nothing in a hospital room.

If LS was simply chilling out at the house, there would be little reason to name her a suspect at 11PM.

Haven't thought this completely through yet, but the only scenario I can think of where events have played out like they have and LE hasn't made an arrest of its purported 'Suspect Number 1", is if 'Suspect Number 1' is actually not 'Suspect Number 1' and was announced by LE only to pressure her into talking about what really happened and who did it. Because if 'Suspect Number 1' hadn't left the house until yesterday (according to reports and pictures), then it is unlikely she has been formally interrogated and is probably refusing altogether. So she likely hasn't made any admissions or delivered to them directly anything that they could use.

So, IMO either someone sold her out or they are applying pressure for her to talk. If someone sold her out, and the evidence lined up with said selling out, she would be in custody. <modsnip>

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members