Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just curious but has there been any mention of abuse on the other child? I recall that there is also an infant younger than Quinton, so wondering if he was the only one, or has the older son exhibited any signs of physical abuse.

“It was loveless. To the other kids, she showed love. She showed concern. To Quinton, it wasn’t concern and love.”

“I don’t know. She had stated that Zayn was her favorite. She said Zayn was her favorite and that she didn’t bond with Quinton, and you could definitely tell it.”

I've been curious about the possible abuse of the other children, as well, @TxLady2. We have seen other cases where there are several children at home, and only one of them is abused. Who the heck knows why? Possibly the other parent or relative dotes on one child, and the other parent is jealous and begins to abuse that child.
In this case, "mom" won't tell anyone anything about why, IMO.

True. IMHO, there is NO reasonable excuse for hurting your child, but it makes less sense to shove one aside and "favor" the other.
I'm going to have to take a break from these cases, because every time I think I've seen it all... here comes another one.

I've been curious about the possible abuse of the other children, as well, @TxLady2. We have seen other cases where there are several children at home, and only one of them is abused. Who the heck knows why? Possibly the other parent or relative dotes on one child, and the other parent is jealous and begins to abuse that child.
In this case, "mom" won't tell anyone anything about why, IMO.
We may find out if this all goes to trial, but it's entirely possible we won't, because Quinton's siblings are minors, and living, and they deserve their privacy to heal and live their lives. Any charges, if any, related to them will probably play out in a court we have no right to hear about.

JMO, but being in the house while my brother is beaten to death means yes, abuse happened. A child doesn't have to be hit themselves for that to be abuse. It just doesn't show on the skin.

True. IMHO, there is NO reasonable excuse for hurting your child, but it makes less sense to shove one aside and "favor" the other.
I'm going to have to take a break from these cases, because every time I think I've seen it all... here comes another one.
Yes @TxLady2 I also will step back on this now that little Quinton has been recovered and the bio 'Mom' is locked up just where she needs to be. It's heartbreaking and sad and these child cases really take an emotional toll on me.

Blessings to the remaining children, I hope they find a loving and caring home and much happiness going forward in their little lives.

I will follow along if/when she goes to trial. I wonder if she won't take a plea deal?

#Justice4Quinton
MOO

Yes @TxLady2 I also will step back on this now that little Quinton has been recovered and the bio 'Mom' is locked up just where she needs to be. It's heartbreaking and sad and these child cases really take an emotional toll on me.

Blessings to the remaining children, I hope they find a loving and caring home and much happiness going forward in their little lives.

I will follow along if/when she goes to trial. I wonder if she won't take a plea deal?

#Justice4Quinton
MOO
I think she will take a plea, if she has any conscience whatsoever, the darkness, disdain, the repulsion and horror that will fall on her AND her fami!y if she sits there nonchalantly as the jury sees and hears the details of what she allegedly did will be unforgettable.

Imo this is exactly why Watts plead guilty within months, no way did he want to sit there and watch the jury's faces as the prosecutor described just "how" a child can be quickly shoved thru an 8" hole in a 20' tall crude oil tank. Together with the so-far unrevealed autopsy photos. And the already-released descriptions of what the haz matt people endured, having to return inside the tanks to scrape the little girls' skin and tiny fingernails off to preserve those parts of the babies'bodies for humane burial.

It will be right up there with descriptions of the dump search, description of the remains eventually found, juxtaposed with BH and LS drinking for hours when the search for baby Q began in the dump.

The remaining kids are young enough to become part of loving families, please don't return them to the grandmother.

One aspect I am curious about, did LE question the 3 year old? Iirc in the Jessie Davis murder, her son was only 2 when he told investigators that "daddy put mommy in a rug". He may have said a lot more, I don't think we learned anymore.

I hope that LS's 3 year old did not hear it or see it when Q was killed. On the other hand, if he did witness something I hope sensitive LE psychologists were able to decipher his observations.
Someone please correct me if the older child was not 3. I have heard "5" on various news shows, but I recall he was 3 .

Last edited:

#Justice4Quinton
MOO
bold by me
I'm assuming she will have months before this goes to trial, to think and be advised by her most-likely appointed attorney...
If she can stay off drugs while she's locked up -- I would think with money or other things, she could get drugs while she is in the slammer -- she may realize that a deal, if one is offered, she might consider it. But what she did to that little boy, and what she did with his body, is so heinous, she might not be offered a very good deal.
We'll see.
Just positively hoping that the other children will be well taken care of and out of the house where Quinton's horror was done.

Hurting for little Quinton tonight and reminded of how he won't be waiting with those wide, wonderous, eyes to open presents under the tree from Santa in the morning :( rip little Angel Christmas elf. Praying justice is served swiftly and on ice.

She looks so wretched I cannot help feeling some compassion for her.
Maybe she was clean for years and trying hard for sobriety and to do the right thing by others...
But she musta stepped right through the reality when she took that bottle or whatever up again.
I sincerely doubt whether she has processed any of it and looking at that photograph suggests to me that she will never be strong or sane enough again to integrate what has happened and her own role in it.

Can someone with a bit of legal know-how clarify this?

I'm guessing that because maybe it involves evidence of abuse of Quinton's siblings? That their right to privacy is more important than public curiosity. But I have no idea. If it's just to do with Quinton, perhaps they're concerned about the potential jury pool hearing too many details about his abuse pretrial?

I'm guessing that because maybe it involves evidence of abuse of Quinton's siblings? That their right to privacy is more important than public curiosity. But I have no idea. If it's just to do with Quinton, perhaps they're concerned about the potential jury pool hearing too many details about his abuse pretrial?
I'm also confused by the reasoning for the documents being sealed. She was arrested for murdering Quinton.... not surprising that there would be evidence/reports of abuse since murder is basically the result of or most extreme form of abuse. Also thinking maybe it pertains to siblings and wanting to keep those details private or to keep those who reported abuse to CPS anonymous? Why not just redact names and certain info or details in that case?

I'm pretty sure your guess is spot on. I have worked in that district and when cases have sensitive material everyone in the court room is directed to leave during that sensitive testimony.

I'm pretty sure your guess is spot on. I have worked in that district and when cases have sensitive material everyone in the court room is directed to leave during that sensitive testimony.
It's important that the jury hears what they need to hear to make a just verdict, but a lot of the worst details of cases of rape, domestic violence, child abuse, and homicide aren't things the general public should feel entitled to hear. Those twelve (plus alternates) are standing for all of us. They have to carry those details in their brains for the rest of their lives. I don't envy them for a moment.

I'm also confused by the reasoning for the documents being sealed. She was arrested for murdering Quinton.... not surprising that there would be evidence/reports of abuse since murder is basically the result of or most extreme form of abuse. Also thinking maybe it pertains to siblings and wanting to keep those details private or to keep those who reported abuse to CPS anonymous? Why not just redact names and certain info or details in that case?
Agreed. We've seen docs in other cases where they've redacted siblings' names and other information but released them to the public record. Yesterday in the North Carolina case of Madalina Cojocari a news reporter argued successfully to get court docs and search warrants partially released. His arguments were that much was already known to the public anyway so releasing some of the information wouldn't negatively impact the prosecution, and keeping the docs sealed would cause the public to speculate. The judge agreed and will release some of the docs on Monday.

I know the circumstances here are different but still, historically docs have been released with sensitive information blocked out. I do believe keeping them sealed will cause the public to speculate - that's already happening. So which is worse, speculating on known information or creating imaginary scenarios due to a lack of information? MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back