GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The grieving widow is giving an impact statement. She needs to come up with some tears to accompany her unintelligible, sniffing statement. Now she needs a break in order to able to continue.

ETA: She would be afraid if Rolfe was released on bail and wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Judge says he is not a flight risk. He promptly turned himself in. Sufficient ties to the community. Not a danger to the community. Bond granted. Will have an ankle monitor. Curfew of 6pm to 6am. Turn over passport. Can't have weapons.

Former Atlanta Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Granted Bond
snipped
A judge on Tuesday ruled that the former Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks can be free on bond while his case is pending.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Jane Barwick set a bond of $500,000 for Garrett Rolfe, who faces charges including felony murder in the killing of Brooks, a 27-year-old Black man

At the least, Mr Rolphe will not have to sit in jail until January/ February waiting for a Grand Jury to be seated, as was stated by the defense attorney. Did I hear a slight mention ( threat) of the potential unease of the community, if Mr Rolphe was granted bond ( by Rucker) ? Or, was that my imagination?

At the least, Mr Rolphe will not have to sit in jail until January/ February waiting for a Grand Jury to be seated, as was stated by the defense attorney. Did I hear a slight mention ( threat) of the potential unease of the community, if Mr Rolphe was granted bond ( by Rucker) ? Or, was that my imagination?
I didn't hear that but I quit listening after she set the amount of the bond.

I didn't hear that but I quit listening after she set the amount of the bond.

He, Rucker, said this before the judge gave her final position. It was said after he stated how devastated the Brooks family would be if he was granted release. Then, he briefly mentioned the "community", and the potential for unease. It was very quick

He, Rucker, said this before the judge gave her final position. It was said after he stated how devastated the Brooks family would be if he was granted release. Then, he briefly mentioned the "community", and the potential for unease. It was very quick
Thanks--I must have missed it. Either that or I tuned out Rucker's annoying voice because he was driving me nuts.

ETA: He should have known better than to bring up how the community might react. That should have nothing to do with it.

Garrett Rolfe: Former Atlanta police officer who shot Rayshard Brooks granted $500,000 bond

The state questioned Rolfe's ties to the community and the flight risk assessment, given that Rolfe has no job or no income. The state requested, if granted bond, investigators be given Rolfe's cellphone pass code.

In addition, Rolfe's legal team asked that an "inflammatory phone call" with a racial epithet not be played in court. An attorney for the state of Georgia said they intend to put the phone call into evidence.

Further, prosecutors indicated that the state executed search warrants for the phones of Rolfe and the other officer on scene and obtained records from both officers. The phone records allegedly show multiple texts between Rolfe and four different police department officers.

The state said that Rolfe has refused to turn over the pass code for his phone.

His attorneys say they have provided the Georgia Bureau of Investigation with three cellphone videos taken by a witness.

“Regan was told the Georgia Law Enforcement Organization will put up the bond money for Rolfe’s release. In Gwinnett County, that’s 10 percent cash of the total bond.

Supporters hoped to show some encouragement at Rolfe’s release. But there are a lot of security concerns surrounding the case.

Regan learned the law enforcement organization will drive Rolfe to an undisclosed location when he is released.”

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...hard-brooks-death/IV3Q4X3QLZALHNAF64ODWI4LZI/
Rally held in support of former Atlanta officer charged in Rayshard Brooks’ death

“Regan was told the Georgia Law Enforcement Organization will put up the bond money for Rolfe’s release. In Gwinnett County, that’s 10 percent cash of the total bond.

Supporters hoped to show some encouragement at Rolfe’s release. But there are a lot of security concerns surrounding the case.

Regan learned the law enforcement organization will drive Rolfe to an undisclosed location when he is released.”

Rally held in support of former Atlanta officer charged in Rayshard Brooks’ death
I am relieved he has an undisclosed location to go to where the media can't hound him and anyone who wishes to harm him will hopefully not find him. Additionally, with all the attention his stepmom got about being fired from her job, she might have to find a safer place for her and her family too.

The Fulton County District Attorney's Office issued the following statement following the hearing:

“Despite evidence presented at the hearing by the State that showed that former Officer Rolfe engaged in several text message conversations with Atlanta Police Officers shortly after the incident, the Court did not require Rolfe to turn over the password to his cell phone. However, the Court did remind Rolfe and his counsel that they are not allowed to disturb or destroy evidence contained in the cellphone.”

Ex-Atlanta officer who shot Rayshard Brooks bonds out of jail

Could it be that now the mayor thinks Rolfe shouldn't have been charged with murder, and is now blame shifting by saying it was all Howard's fault?
Could it be that the majority of people think he should not have been charged, she feels the same way, and her opinion backfired in the court of public opinion, so now she's changing her mind?
Let's not forget her presser a few weeks ago when she claimed the shooting was unjustified. If it was unjustified, then wouldn't that be murder? Why wouldn't she be behind Howard if what she so hastily stated was true?

Former Atlanta Officer Who Shot Rayshard Brooks Granted Bond
snipped
A judge on Tuesday ruled that the former Atlanta police officer who fatally shot Rayshard Brooks can be free on bond while his case is pending.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Jane Barwick set a bond of $500,000 for Garrett Rolfe, who faces charges including felony murder in the killing of Brooks, a 27-year-old Black man

I'm glad to see he has received a bond by the presiding judge.

Imo, The low amount of 500K for capital murder shows the judge does not agree that he is the monster Howard tries to get everyone to believe.

It's sad that Atlanta has become one of the hot spots for soaring violent shootings, and murders that is sweeping our nation like a spreading toxic septic tank sewage overflow.

It's so heartbreaking to see little children being murdered in this same area. If they dont regain full control, and restore law, and order more children will die.

I'm heartened to see those in the black communities in all of these crime ridden cities where violent shootings are soaring to levels even they haven't even seen before .....standing up for their own whether the victims are young children or adults in their communities.

They are demanding to be heard instead of just hearing the hateful violent divisive voices.... who only want to talk about unarmed black lives taken by white police officers only. They know who takes the lives of their own people far more often than approximately the 10 who are killed by police officers of all races each year.

It's so inspiring to see them finally standing up, and telling the truth.

For way too long the ones who have had to endure living in these cities have had their voices suppressed.

I pray more will speak out. I've never understood why even the MSM hasn't ever covered how many black children have been murdered in their own neighborhood, and even inside of their home. No one even knows their names or remembers them. :(

On Fox yesterday, I saw one of the grandfather's of one the murdered children who was murdered this past weekend. He belongs to the Guardian Angel organization in his area trying to keep it safe. He, and others work directly with LE.

He said we need our police officers more than ever before. He also said all of these Mayors where homicides are soaring should ask for the assistance of the FBI. He doesn't understand why the offer to help from the federal government has constantly been denied. He said how many more of his people have to be murdered for all of these Mayors to admit they need help to try, and stem this epidemic that's been going on for decades now.

When good people stand by, and do nothing this is what happens. We need more in the black communities affected to be the voices for real change. What's sad though many of them aren't even asked to give interviews by the MSM to speak about what is really happening in their communities, and who is their greatest enemies that is taken thousands of their lives every single year.

Jmho

Last edited:
I don't think the mayor has changed her mind about the use of deadly force in this particular case. She should have suspended both officers before making such a rush decision. The videos clearly show Brooks as the aggressor and a threat to both officers and the public but, she seems to be blinded to that. Keep in mind, the mayor could become Joe Biden's running mate..
Also, if the mayor is chosen as Bidens running mate , the majority of voters in this country will know anything about Rayshard Brooks or how the mayor rushed to judgement. The mayor will be shown in the most favorable light.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back