GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Substack profile for Nicholas KJ Stark, who lives in Lancaster, is a veteran and lawyer, and hasn’t posted anything since May 11:

Stark Raving Mad | KJ Stark | Substack
Looks like he had the rights to one of his short stories acquired by Sony (written under old pseudonym Nick Moorefox, referenced in the Substack account and article from Deadline linked below).

I've been waiting for an MSM source to confirm that KJ Stark / Nick Moorefox is the same person as Nicholas Kassotis, but it doesn't seem like they've picked up on it yet. It does seem like all of Stark's / Moorefox's various social media accounts have either been deactivated or have gone dormant.

These quotes form his substack are pretty telling:

I’m beginning some new things too. Life doesn’t look like it looked five years ago or two years ago or six months ago. I had a lot of endings: brutal painful things that dropped out of the sky and scattered my personal storylines. Now I’m figuring out how things look anew. I’m pitching ideas to people I admire. Writers I admire treat me like I belong at their table, which is so bizarre to me I can’t begin to explain. I spend all of my non-work time surrounded by happiness. My life is promising and beautiful in ways I couldn’t have imagined.

That’s hard too. I think about things too much, assume bad things will ruin it. I wonder if I’m cursed. When a bad things (even serious scary bad things) occur, as happened to me recently, and then causes a few probably foreseeable effects, I assume those effects will continue forever. A secret pessimism still lurks around the edges of my plans, whispering that destruction and woe are near.

Substack profile for Nicholas KJ Stark, who lives in Lancaster, is a veteran and lawyer, and hasn’t posted anything since May 11:

Stark Raving Mad | KJ Stark | Substack

Name is covered in this post: On Beginnings and this note: KJ Stark on Substack

Lancaster is from this note (check the sign in the background):

May 11 was the day before he was arrested. He was posting almost every day before this. There’s a lot to unpack in his posts and notes…

Interesting info!

Hmm... has his reddit link been removed?

ETA: Well, maybe I found reddit link by searching "nmwrites"

I've been waiting for an MSM source to confirm that KJ Stark / Nick Moorefox is the same person as Nicholas Kassotis, but it doesn't seem like they've picked up on it yet. It does seem like all of Stark's / Moorefox's various social media accounts have either been deactivated or have gone dormant.

These quotes form his substack are pretty telling:

I’m beginning some new things too. Life doesn’t look like it looked five years ago or two years ago or six months ago. I had a lot of endings: brutal painful things that dropped out of the sky and scattered my personal storylines. Now I’m figuring out how things look anew. I’m pitching ideas to people I admire. Writers I admire treat me like I belong at their table, which is so bizarre to me I can’t begin to explain. I spend all of my non-work time surrounded by happiness. My life is promising and beautiful in ways I couldn’t have imagined.

That’s hard too. I think about things too much, assume bad things will ruin it. I wonder if I’m cursed. When a bad things (even serious scary bad things) occur, as happened to me recently, and then causes a few probably foreseeable effects, I assume those effects will continue forever. A secret pessimism still lurks around the edges of my plans, whispering that destruction and woe are near.
IMO, it’s 100% him and the motive is contained within the substack posts and notes. Like I said, truth here is going to be stranger than fiction.

I've read at least 4 stories he's written... about to start a 3-part Echoes of an Exorcism. Not sure I've found any "clues" in all this. I wouldn't pay $ for any of these but he's not as bad as Chad Daybell (as a writer, that is).

I haven't seen any recent news on this case, and I can't remember Kassotis' next court date. I did see somewhere that Kassotis married someone before being arrested... does anyone know anything about that??
I saw it posted somewhere else a week ago or so. The post has been deleted since then but I went on to check and, Kassotis married a woman in PA one month before being arrested.

https://paperless.lancastercountypa.gov/psi3/v/detail/MLApplication/211612

Poor Mindi...

MOO JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... "Oh Wow"!!!

His wife was dismembered and buried along two counties, he writes horror short stories and, before his wife was found, he marries an <modsnip>

Lots of questions in mind right now...

MOO JMO

I suppose this explains his name change (or the aka) to marry, I guess. <modsnip > Sheesh!

'Sure seems as if he assumed no one would find Mindi's remains (and, of course... no one was looking for her... so very sad).

I saw it posted somewhere else a week ago or so. The post has been deleted since then but I went on to check and, Kassotis married a woman in PA one month before being arrested.

https://paperless.lancastercountypa.gov/psi3/v/detail/MLApplication/211612

Poor Mindi...

MOO JMO
Who is this guy? And what does his new wife think?!?! Stumbled on to this thread - so much to unpack! If you are looking for MORE to unpack, <modsnip - if it can't be linked, don't discuss it, it's rumor>

<modsnip - not an approved source>

ETA - I'm still a bit sad and baffled at how long it took to identify her. And I wish there was some robust mourning of her life - for lack of a better word. Like that of Maddi Kingsbury - pictures and memories. Or was he the type of guy that knew how to pick someone who could/would fall off the radar? Evidently he told people she died of COVID.

The sickest part of his story is that it's about a woman who learns that her husband is trying to kill her and the mother-in-law character is named Betsy, and I believe that was the name of Mindi's mother. This is truly the most vile, mocking murderer. To think he got a movie deal.

There's a court date coming up, Liberty County Superior Court

CalendarCriminal Non-Jury Trial Calendar - Motion For Bond/ Prelim07/24/2023 09:00 AM

Not sure if you need to sign-up but here's the link:

source

Last edited:
I don't believe that this has been posted yet...Mindi's Pinterest boards:

Mostly wedding ideas from 7 years ago (when she would have been planning nuptials with Nicholas :() and some decor pins from 3 years ago.

Looks like he has a court date tomorrow morning.

Screenshot_20230813_221505_Chrome.jpg

From the PeachCourt website (you can sign up for a free account).

I am hoping this local Savannah news station will have coverage as I noticed on the PeachCourt site they had filed a request with the court to have a camera and microphone in the courtroom to cover the case and it looks like the judge approved it. (Item #31 on the docket from the PeachCourt link.)

Last edited:
I don't believe that this has been posted yet...Mindi's Pinterest boards:

Mostly wedding ideas from 7 years ago (when she would have been planning nuptials with Nicholas :() and some decor pins from 3 years ago.
So reprehensible. This story just grates me.

Looks like he has a court date tomorrow morning.

<snip>

From the PeachCourt website (you can sign up for a free account).

I am hoping this local Savannah news station will have coverage as I noticed on the PeachCourt site they had filed a request with the court to have a camera and microphone in the courtroom to cover the case and it looks like the judge approved it. (Item #31 on the docket from the PeachCourt link.)

(snipped by me for brevity)

They did cover the court appearance today.
NK was granted $5 million bail.

And he told his new future wife that his old wife had died, while she was still alive. Sounds like premediation to me.

What you’re about to see is an exchange with the GBI Special Agent who not only found the victim’s body parts, but also spoke to the woman Nicholas was seeing on the side.

“Did he advise her that he was married at the time he was talking to her?” Laurie Baio, Assistant District Attorney said.

He did not.

Did he advise her anything about Mrs. Mebane or his previous wife?

He told her in October that his wife had died probably a year prior while pregnant and that she had died due to pregnancy.

So Mr. Kassotis told Mrs. Kolesnik that she was already dead when she was very much alive?

That’s correct.”

Man charged with brutal killing of his wife granted bond in Liberty Co.

Last edited:
(snipped by me for brevity)

They did cover the court appearance today.
NK was granted $5 million bail.

And he told his new future wife that his old wife had died, while she was still alive. Sounds like premediation to me.

Man charged with brutal killing of his wife granted bond in Liberty Co.
Since his new wife's name has been mentioned in the media, I think I can say that she was a movie writer/director/producer and she's also written several books. Her current Amazon profile reads:

Samantha Kolesnik has retired from writing horror books and is taking an extended hiatus from writing to recover from personal trauma. Previously, she was a two-time Splatterpunk award winner, and was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for the Grindhouse Press anthology, Worst Laid Plans, which is now a feature-length film anthology from GenreBlast Films. She has taken many of her books out of print and has no plans to return to the genre.

(emphasis added)

Another innocent person victimized by this man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenAmaterasu
Back