GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since his new wife's name has been mentioned in the media, I think I can say that she was a movie writer/director/producer and she's also written several books. Her current Amazon profile reads:

Samantha Kolesnik has retired from writing horror books and is taking an extended hiatus from writing to recover from personal trauma. Previously, she was a two-time Splatterpunk award winner, and was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for the Grindhouse Press anthology, Worst Laid Plans, which is now a feature-length film anthology from GenreBlast Films. She has taken many of her books out of print and has no plans to return to the genre.

(emphasis added)

Another innocent person victimized by this man.
His wife is Samantha Kolesnik???? Bummer that she's quitting writing bc of him. If I couldn't hate this man any more...

Since his new wife's name has been mentioned in the media, I think I can say that she was a movie writer/director/producer and she's also written several books. Her current Amazon profile reads:

Samantha Kolesnik has retired from writing horror books and is taking an extended hiatus from writing to recover from personal trauma. Previously, she was a two-time Splatterpunk award winner, and was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for the Grindhouse Press anthology, Worst Laid Plans, which is now a feature-length film anthology from GenreBlast Films. She has taken many of her books out of print and has no plans to return to the genre.

(emphasis added)

Poor Samantha. I can't imagine the trauma of finding out that your new husband is charged with murdering and dismembering his previous wife.

I hope she can eventually heal from this.

Will we know if/when he posts bail?
I don't know.

But I'd be surprised if someone would post bail for him and I don't think he's wealthy. I'm still surprised that the judge offered bail at all. Even the judge admitted that Nicholas has shown that he is a flight risk by moving away and changing his name.

I don't know.

But I'd be surprised if someone would post bail for him and I don't think he's wealthy. I'm still surprised that the judge offered bail at all. Even the judge admitted that Nicholas has shown that he is a flight risk by moving away and changing his name.

I agree... shocking that bail would be allowed. I think everyone should know if this guy is ever out (ankle monitor or not). jmo

I saw it posted somewhere else a week ago or so. The post has been deleted since then but I went on to check and, Kassotis married a woman in PA one month before being arrested.

https://paperless.lancastercountypa.gov/psi3/v/detail/MLApplication/211612

Poor Mindi...

MOO JMO

(emphasis added)

Looks like his current wife has filed for a divorce/annulment against him.

Attachments

• DocumentHandler (1).pdf
    286.9 KB · Views: 8
Do we know he made bail? It was a $5 million cash bond. That's a lot to raise.

Oh. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't think he's been able to post that amount. (Does he have to post the entire amount vs. just a portion of it?)

I just looked on the Liberty County Sheriff's Office Inmate Lookup and it looks like he's still in jail (from what I can tell). Days in jail = 83, which would track with him being put in the Liberty County Jail May 25.:
1692242481635.png

And it looks like he is still in jail (although if you search current inmates, I can't find him; I only see him if I search by arrest date).

1700236265767.png

Couple weeks ago he put in for a lower bail amount.

<modsnip - no link>

As far as i've been able to compile, Nick has so far said nothing to anyone beyond his PD I can't find if he's admitted guilt, if he is playing coy, if he has said he has no clue what's going on.

I'm telling you guys. There is something more here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only piece of physical evidence i know of is a knife found 'close' to the remains. The knife is apparently similar to one Nick bought at some point. It's also next to a hunting club, it's not unreasonable to find a knife out there, depending on condition obviously.

I did THINK i saw something about cell phone data in one of the news pre-rolls for the WTOC news broadcast, but i wasn't able to find it in any of the actual recordings, so that may have just been something i picked up elsewhere. Does anyone know if that piece of information is out there somewhere?

Also would love the ‘victim impact statement’ that was given, can’t seem to get a copy online… but since people respond to stuff on here…

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link to documents>
Georgia doesn't have different degrees of murder like some states, just malice murder and felony murder, one requires intent and the other does not, I'm pretty sure it has to do with all the other felonious actions he was allegedly in commission of during the murder. Imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735
Back